Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Find tester's main reviews here!

@gavinski91 - Review

@Willie T - Review

@EnderinAZ - Review

@Rico_de_Gallo - Review

@Cmra1 - Review

@leichliter_jake - Review

Want a discount on Claw gloves? We worked out a special deal for you through this link! Claw Glove MGS Deal! (Use code: MGS for 15% off)

2024 CaddyDaddyScreenshot2024-06-25at12_18_34PM.png.41168417b84633904c41e115dd2aad0a.pngMGS Forum Review

Hello golf spies! My name is Gavin, and I’m lucky to be reviewing another product for the MGS Forums! (you can check out my past reviews at the links in my signature)

If you happen to recognize my profile picture, you may be wondering why my picture would be a facepalm. Well I’ll let the forum member who took the photo tell the story here

I vowed after those escapades that I would keep that as my profile picture until I made my first eagle. Four years later my handicap has dropped from 24 to 13, but I’m still eagle-less, carrying the shame of that lip-out as I trudge through the realms of the MGS Forums.

Screenshot2024-06-25at12_02_38PM.png.9c838c5e1b78eba017e2f6992ab3ecfd.png
I had two looks at eagle during this round at Wine Valley GC on the 2022 PNW MGS Meetup, but couldn't get either of them to drop.

My wife and I live in the very northwest corner of Washington state, where we share our home with a couple of pets. I work in agriculture and natural resources as both the manager of six local government districts, and the executive director of an organization that represents those districts at the county and state level. As you might imagine, my job is always busy and I’m never truly off the clock, so I rarely manage to get out for more than an evening 9 holes of golf, except on weekends. However, being the boss does give me a certain flexibility with my schedule, and on days when my schedule isn’t full of meetings I can always take an hour at lunch for a quick range session!

Screenshot2024-06-25at12_09_43PM.png.a0c5490586f31489e6c9a46712a2e851.png
I may be in charge at the office, but at home I have to defer to Pete and Juno.

I grew up playing lots of team sports, and although I played golf occasionally as far back as high school, it wasn’t until after grad school that I really put any effort towards taking the game seriously. While having an athletic background certainly is helpful in golf, if I’m not careful my swing will fall back to old habits learned from years of ice hockey and baseball.

IMG_1846.JPG.9228d5031ca5e32bc4b9c9a51b47eb13.JPG
There are a handful of skills from my hockey-playing days that translate to my golf game, most notably the large amount of side spin on almost every shot!

Speaking of baseball, that was my first impression of the Claw gloves when the test opportunity arrived – with the two-tone look, grippy palm, and flashy logo they reminded me of the batting gloves of my youth. Whether that comparison holds up once I have them in on my hands remains to be seen, but there are several questions that I’ll be looking to answer over the course of the test:

• What are the differences between the different models, and which would I recommend?
  • What’s the deal with the silicone– how will it impact my grip and swing, and will it hold up to the abuse (especially from the corded uppers of my MCC grips)?
  • How does the glove perform in the varying conditions of the PNW – heat, rain, and being stuffed in my golf bag at the end of each round?
  • Will it stand up to the durability claims that CaddyDaddy makes?
  • And perhaps most importantly, will it be able to dethrone the Footjoy StaSof as my glove of choice?

I’ll be putting the gloves through their paces (and enlisting the help of my brothers and other golf partners to do so as well), so stay tuned to see how things turn out!

Edited by gavinski91

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

Well hello again, MGS Community!  My name is Willie Tyndall (aka @Willie T on the forum pages) and this is my third time being chosen to test for the MGS Community.  This time it’s golf gloves and not just any but the CaddyDaddy Claw Glove - which means a huge shout out to the MGS Mods and staff as well as CaddyDaddy for this opportunity.  Before I get too far into why I wanted to be part of a glove test, let’s speak on what brought my journey in golf to this point in time.  I have always been a person who loves the outdoors.  I grew up here in Eastern NC, which meant I had ample time to hunt, fish, play baseball and all the other things a kid of the ‘60s would have enjoyed.  Yes, I am one of those “old” guys at the ripe age of 64!   

So how does a kid who does everything but golf get into the game?  I grew up watching some golf on TV, seeing Travino, Nicklaus, Palmer, Player, Norman, Seve’, etc. make their way around the course. Anyone remember the old “Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf” TV series.   But it was not a game within reach as my parents were not country club folk.  Fast forward to my working career in procurement for a chemical processing facility and the invitation in 2009 to play in a 9-hole Super-Ball “team building exercise”, aka an excuse to play golf.  I was to just fill the “D” slot and not much more.  We finish the 9-hole round and my boss along with a couple of others opt to play the front nine.  I was asked if I wanted to join and I thought why not - it was that or either go back to the hotel and be bored.  Mind you, I was almost illiterate when it came to what’s in the bag.  After the fIrst couple of holes, the best player leans over and says, “If you want to play off my tee shot that is okay” as we were playing stroke play..  I tell him that I want to play my tee shot and he tells me to use the 3 wood as it will get the ball airborne easier (1st lesson).  That worked and I am off and running.  At the end of the round, my counterpart from a sister facility looks at me and says, “You’ve learned more in nine holes than most will in a lifetime.”  I opt to “retire” from golf!

Fast forward to 2016 and while I remember "the round", golf is not on the table of things to do as I am into riding motorcycles (still miss that girl): IMG_0109.jpg.b2373f3fdc8ace7d8d741f7800ad8830.jpg

That changes in June that year as I get hit by a car that results in my left foot being degloved and I wind up as a trans-metatarsal amputee (no toes on the left foot, grafted skin from my left thigh to cover the wound). I tell folks I can only count to fifteen these days.  After learning to walk, I need a new hobby and our church men’s group is starting a once a month super-ball scramble. All I have (and still do) are some old “real wood” Spalding woods, MacGregor blades and Spalding putter from the set gifted to me in the late 90’s.  My son and I tag along and the rest is history.  I get the golf bug and pick some newer “used” clubs, this time a full set of Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scots (pat pend).  Likewise I pick a TaylorMade R580 driver and fairway woods and start practicing in earnest, learning to get the weight forward in a way that my rebuilt foot does not hurt too much. It has been a journey of first times, like when I got that first birdie, broke 100, broke 90, recently broke 80, had as few as 27 putts, holed out from off the green - several times for birdie and recently for eagle. 

The biggest joy is that my bride of almost 23 years has joined me from time to time on the course:GolfintheDR.jpg.6a98073351ce9dd5d8f8836b95c97915.jpg

(us on a dream vacation to the Dominican Republic playing La Cana Golf Course), a super enthusiastic grandson who lives to play the game:Paw-PawandAbel.jpg.5177d2b46bbc21dfb5c9dae62c8390ab.jpg

and his dad who is my regular golf partner.

My current game has migrated to around a 12 handicap and in that migration a fair share of “brands” of gloves tried.  Like many I started with a “cheap” synthetic leather glove that split and ripped pretty quick. Over time I’ve tried “stock” gloves you may find at places like Wally-World, K-Mart, Target, even the local grocery super-store.  None have really lasted until I stepped up to some of the better gloves like FootJoy even Snell’s line..  My current glove of choice is such and I wear them out:

wellwornFJtop.jpg.27c8b64a69e3a4247a15842fc19a438a.jpg wellwornFJpalm.jpg.0c7518e9beb077b58fbdfce699d1c00c.jpg

When reading up on the glove being tested - I began to think about how the glove would feel compared to the “nice” leather I am used to wearing these days. The CaddyDaddy Glove with its synthetic fabric design, washability - i.e. long term durability claims, has me thinking this may be a great all around glove that offers longer than expected life for the average bargain minded golfer (who doesn’t love a good deal, right?).      

Let's hit the Q&A of who I am: 

What region do you play out of?  As noted I live in Eastern, NC and have access to a variety of golf course weather conditions from hot and humid (so thick your sweat has sweat) that can ruin a leather glove in a matter of minutes to pop-up rain showers that soak a glove just as fast.  

How long have you been golfing?  I am coming up on seven  years since I picked up the game to help rehab my foot and to have a way to be outside much like I was when riding bikes.  The rehab was to help teach my body to increase stability in that foot as well. 

What kind of golfer are you?  While I am pretty well self-taught through countless on-line YouTube videos, getting a couple of impromptu lessons from the course pros, a lot from reading the works such as Hogan’s Five Lessons to Nicklaus’ Golf My Way to current golf writers, I am serious about improving - to the point I work to practice at least some part of the game each day.  Hot, cold, wet, dry - I am an all weather golfer so its a year-round thing (which is pretty well afforded here in Eastern NC) where playing in the cold may mean waiting for the greens to thaw, in the heat (lots of water intake)...all that to say I tend to be rough on gloves. 

How do you want to test this product?  On the course and in practice in all kinds of conditions.  I want to get it wet with sweat, maybe even a pop-up shower or two.  Then once grunged out, wash it to “brand new”.  I want to see how it recovers from being soaked by sweat or rain and not washed as compared to a regular leather glove. Speaking of recovering from washing - (1) does it shrink, (2) does it stretch out and stay stretched, (3) does the fit compare to leather gloves which "form fit" to your hand? 

The grip surface (thinking the "work gloves" SAFETY-WORK-GLOVES-WITH-ANTI-SLIP-SILICONE-DOTTED-PALMS-S-GM-02-LM-JORESTECH-H_7.jpeg.514f09cd22813f738bd77a2f5790d421.jpegwith the silicone gripping surfaces) - does it abrade quickly over time (I know 5-6 weeks is not a lot of time) - so this will be also a long-term test of ongoing wear and tear. Other online reviews denote it gets less grippy when when wet, will I have an uncontrollable club?   As a leather glove will go some serious rounds with me, so this will have to go much farther to replace the look, feel, smell of leather.  

What will make this product stay with you after testing?  Simply put - it simply has to outlast my current glove of choice and still look good doing it.   

Why are you excited about testing this product?  Much like when Odyssey intro’d the AI-One technology, I am intrigued when a company states it has new technology to make our games easier.  Having read reviews on this product, it seems CaddyDaddy has such a product on the table.  Looking to see how it fares in the heat and humidity of an Eastern NC summer. 

What do you know about the product already?  Not too much so I am excited to learn about this product and its manufacturer.  

What are your expectations?  The potential for a longer wearing glove that performs well across its life in all potential weather conditions that in essence will lower the cost of one more item that is part of most golfers’ arsenal. 

First Impressions - to be continued....

Edited by Willie T

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Good morning golf spies and thank you to @Golfspy_KPH for giving me the opportunity to test the Claw gloves. 

I am a retired rotating machinery control system engineer who spends entirely too much time with my head mired in golf stuff. That said I live in Mesa Arizona and love the heat. So I will be testing the Claw gloves in pretty extreme conditions. I play with a set group of retired old guys 3 days a week and we do not tee off until at least 10:30 in the morning where most of the summer the temperatures are already over 100 degrees F (about 38 degrees C).  I usually get in a round over the weekend and at least one driving range session.  

When I first read the “Testers Wanted” thread and it talked about synthetic suede and silicone mesh my first thoughts went to... 

“Silicone? Like this ??” 

gloves.jpg

Needless to say, I am intrigued.  I will wear it a few times and toss it in the washing machine, then report with pictures the results.  

But the ribbed silicone on the palm should make it very “grippy” (or very lumpy) so I will bring along a gallon jug of water as I play, dip the grip of my chosen club into the jug then soak down the glove to see how it plays then.  

Measure how fast it dries and whether or not it loses its shape.  

I have been chased off the course once by a “Haboob” the local name for a dust storm.  In the article below check out the pictures, 39 through 41. Those are the dust storms that come in with the wind and rain of a monsoon. 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/weather/2023/09/01/what-is-a-haboob-giant-dust-storms-common-during-arizona-monsoon/70738390007/

Playing in very dusty conditions is not uncommon. I will find some way to dust up the gloves and see how they clean up. Silicon caulk gets dust on it and it does not come off. Ever.

We shall see.  

Hey, the gloves showed up today!

So the gloves came in today. It appears CaddyDaddy is a Phoenix based company and I am pretty close. My first impressions of the gloves are in the short videos below

First is the Claw Pro. This glove fits well and is comfortable. It does not feel like it has any seams that will irritate my hand as I use it. I stretches as I make a fist and snaps back tight against my hand when I uncurl my fingers. 

I received two Claw Max  Pro gloves, a white one and a gray one. The white one's silicone ribbing is closer together than either of the other two cloves. Size wise, the Max and Pro White are pretty close to being exactly the same size. The Pro Gray is a much larger glove. 

Anyway here are the videos from when I first popped the other two gloves out of their packages. 

The Prow White

The Pro Gray

So tomorrow I will take them out to the course for a first run, and report back here. 

Edited by EnderinAZ
added initial post and content for clarity. Added first impressions

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Hey guys, we got a first timer here!

First of all, what a fantastic community that MGS has established and grown. Props and thanks to the whole crew who work on this and help guide us along the way and many thanks to MGS and Caddy Daddy for the opportunity to experience being a tester for the first time. 

INTRODUCTION

Now a little about me. I am 35 years old, I am divorced, and I live in a van down by the river. Ok,  only the first part of that is true. I have a wonderful family that includes 2 young girls that keep me busy everyday. My background is Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering and I perform testing and analysis with aircraft structures for my day job. I’m excited to expand my testing experience into my golf life …. Yeah I’m a big data and Excel guy … get excited folks.

Speaking of my golf life. After several years hiatus I got back into golf in 2023 and discovered a passion and a desire to really improve my game. I got a whole set of sticks late 2023 (PXGs) and joined the Arccos group to track my game. I’m about a 13 index and working my way down to 10. Currently the most hurtful thing about my game is penalties off the tee followed by longer approach shots and bunker play. Strengths are my short game and distance off the tee (for my index at at least). 

I reside in San Antonio, TX where you can play pretty much year round if you don’t mind the heat in the summertime. I’ll get out at least every other week for a round on the course, but thanks to a nearby driving range that has lights and stays open late (shout out to San Pedro Course), I can get a good practice session a couple times a week. 

Regarding golf gloves, I’ll come clean…I’ve never given much thought to my glove. I typically just get an inexpensive footjoy glove and my trial process involves trying it on in the store  to make sure it fits.

During a round, I don’t use a glove from 50yrds and in, unless I am in a bunker and I generally take my glove off after any swing pretty quickly to reduce how long my hand stays in there to ideally increase it’s life.

I’m currently using a FJ WeatherSof glove that is about to be converted to a pure range glove. This has lasted me about 18 full rounds, a few 9-hole par 3 rounds,  and several buckets at the range. So roughly 1,400 swings has led to this…

image.png.d136cc6b83928874403a6af9974f440b.png

For this testing I have a brand new FJ WeatherSof that will go through the trials along side the Caddy Daddy gloves.

Speaking of Caddy Daddy, I have not heard of the company, much less the Claw gloves, until this testing opportunity came up so I am coming in with an extremely open mind.

MY TEST PLAN

I will save you the bore of writing a 40 page paper (I said I was an engineer), and I’ll give the highlights 

• Examination and Expectations

I’m a blank slate when it comes to comparing gloves and I don’t want to generate any expectations until these gloves are in my hand. But once they are, I’ll originate some hypotheses about each glove and testing outcome before the actual testing begins.

• Comfort and Feel 

Interestingly, The Claw gloves have different sizing requirements based on the glove model. I first want to know if their sizing chart is accurate and if the gloves fit well. I want to put this on and just be ready to play. I don’t want to feel the need to fidget with it while wearing it.  I like a tight fit, but still have dexterity in my hands while wearing the gloves.image.png.26391a89233a12a4559550e9776269bc.png

• Grip and Performance

With silicon based grips and ripples in the glove, how does this change performance relative to my past experience? Is the grip improved? Is it the same?  Does this prevent me from hitting into the lake that shouldn’t even be in play?

• Durability

Will these hold up in the San Antonio heat? How do they handle rain? (ok, it may not rain here again for like 10 months, but I do have a hose pipe and my kid has a water gun). How does picking up a beverage with condensation impact the glove and the immediate next swing? Will this thing show any signs of early wear?

Caddy Daddy says you can “simply toss it in the washing machine and you’re ready” and that “ customers are getting over 50 rounds of golf with their Claw still looking brand new.”

Note that the full test of durability will go long beyond this 6ish week testing period. Stay up-to-date in the thread as I’ll keep posting about the glove as I intend to give it a full durability test over time. 

• Final Reviews

I’ll revisit the hypotheses I generated, review all testing, provide grading and comparisons. Lastly … will I change my non-existent allegiance to one of the Claw family gloves for my golfing future. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking forward to seeing these gloves in person and the opportunity to test this equipment. 

Edited by Rico_de_Gallo
I'm a tester I guess ... adding introduction

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

Hello, everyone.

I’m Howard in Kennesaw, Ga which is about 30 miles NW of Atlanta up I75. I appreciate MGS giving me the opportunity me the opportunity to test out the Claw gloves in the heat and humidity in Atlanta. At 7:00am today it is 75 degrees and 70 percent humidity on the way to 95 degrees. I’ll be playing tomorrow with a high around 98. 

I am retired after 40 yrs in operations management in private and public roles. I have been playing golf for about 54 yrs and have had and index as low as 6 but now about 15 after three hip replacements in the last 10 years. You pick up some bad habits playing in pain! 
I play at least once a week with a group of friends from Georgia Tech (THWg!) I’ve known for over 40 years.

As for gloves, I have played with so many over the years. Leather, synthetic, the bionic glove!, you name it. Usually the common thread is “on sale”. I use until they wear out and never take off during the round unless they get so slick from moisture I can’t hold the club and have to get a new one out. 

It appears these Claw gloves will arrive today or tomorrow and I am looking forward to unboxing these things. Silicone on the palms? Mesh on the back? Toss in the washing machine? All that sounds very different so it will be interesting to see if they really hold up to multiple washings and if they keep your hand cooler.  Watch for updates when the testing gets into full swing, this will be fun!

Edited by Cmra1
Initial glove reaction

Callaway Mavrick Driver, Callaway Rouge Max 3,5 wood, Cobra 3-4 hybrid, Nike Vrs Forged irons 5-A, Cleveland Zipcore 56,60, Odyssey Marksman

Hi, everyone! First time tester here very excited about the opportunity to try out and review the Caddy Daddy gloves. Little bit about me, I am currently a student going to school for physical therapy. I played sports in high school manly football and basketball and decided to give golf a shot my senior year. I never took it serious till the last year and a half and now I'm in love with this game that we all love.

I live in Pittsburgh, PA so I play in different type of weather, Hot, Rainy, and cold days. I normally play with FootJoy gloves or Callaway gloves so I'm excited to see how the claw gloves compare to the ones the gloves i have used in the past. 

What am i looking for in a glove? I'm looking for a glove that is highly durable and doesn't fade within a couple washes and how it performs going from high heat to the cold and if the temperature makes a difference. 

I am a feel golfer and when I'm 50 yards in or chipping around the green I don't like to wear a glove I like just my hand on club contact and with these I would love to see if I can replicate that feeling. 

Just got my gloves in the mail today I am beyond excited to give them a test and use them day in or day out whether that's on course, the range, or just hitting balls in my back yard.

Edited by leichliter_jake

Let's go! Excited to get this test going, have some big plans for golfing this summer yet, hopefully this will help things go well!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour