Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Find tester's main reviews here!

@gavinski91 - Review

@Willie T - Review

@EnderinAZ - Review

@Rico_de_Gallo - Review

@Cmra1 - Review

@leichliter_jake - Review

Want a discount on Claw gloves? We worked out a special deal for you through this link! Claw Glove MGS Deal! (Use code: MGS for 15% off)

I've now had a full round with each glove in addition to multiple range sessions. Some of my quick highlights and notes

• Max model is a tighter fit and get make it pretty warm on the glove hand. 
  • Max model doesn't go on smooth as my fingers get caught between mesh and leather in finger tips
  • Both Pro White and Pro Grey have superior ventilation and probably gets better grade in comfort at this point. 
  • other than color, I can not tell the difference in fit, feel, comfort, ventilation, grip, construction, or anything else between the Pro White and Pro Grey
  • Similar feeling grip between all 3 models
    • Max might feel like it has more grip, but I think that is due to the tighter fitting glove

Overall, the gloves have been great so far. Nothing about them feels like they hurt my game. 

More testing and swings to come.

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

Sorry for the delay, I have had a lot of personal stuff going on but the testing continues. 

Since my last post on the gloves, I have had the opportunity to play more rounds and hit the range with the gloves. I am still really enjoying the gloves they are super comfortable on my hand and i could wear them all round not having to take them off like I do with other gloves. 

It's been a hot one here in western PA and my hands get super sweaty inmost gloves with the claw pro and the claw max they have great ventilation, so my hand doesn't feel like i dunked it in a pool. I have noticed at times the grip has been getting a little loose from water or sweat but nothing too bad yet. The club isn't going to fly out of your hands but definitely can tell something isn't right.

I have put the gloves through a ringer and the glove is holding up. I have played many rounds and range sessions with them, and the durability is holding up no tears or rips on the gloves like would normally happen by now with a Callaway or FootJoy glove. I am impressed with that aspect.

I am still comfortable having an iron or driver in my hand not worried about losing my grip and causing a bad shot that is just my skill level lol. Like I mentioned previously I am a feel golfer when it comes to shots with my wedges, I still feel like the club is getting stuck in my hands on wedge shots and can't move the ball to where I want it to go

Just now, leichliter_jake said:

Sorry for the delay, I have had a lot of personal stuff going on but the testing continues. 

Since my last post on the gloves, I have had the opportunity to play more rounds and hit the range with the gloves. I am still really enjoying the gloves they are super comfortable on my hand and i could wear them all round not having to take them off like I do with other gloves. 

It's been a hot one here in western PA and my hands get super sweaty inmost gloves with the claw pro and the claw max they have great ventilation, so my hand doesn't feel like i dunked it in a pool. I have noticed at times the grip has been getting a little loose from water or sweat but nothing too bad yet. The club isn't going to fly out of your hands but definitely can tell something isn't right.

I have put the gloves through a ringer and the glove is holding up. I have played many rounds and range sessions with them, and the durability is holding up no tears or rips on the gloves like would normally happen by now with a Callaway or FootJoy glove. I am impressed with that aspect.

I am still comfortable having an iron or driver in my hand not worried about losing my grip and causing a bad shot that is just my skill level lol. Like I mentioned previously I am a feel golfer when it comes to shots with my wedges, I still feel like the club is getting stuck in my hands on wedge shots and can't move the ball to where I want it to go

With this being said I also shot a career low of 74, everything was firing on all cylinders, and it was a great day. It was a huge accomplishment for me to break 80. The gloves do give me confidence in every shot I take it's just a nice feeling wearing them.

Played the Pro White on Wednesday. Again the Claw showed superior grip and comfort during a VERY hot day. I spent most of the day mopping sweat off my face between shots and  this morning the Pro White shows no sign of sweat absorption. That is no sweat marks or crunchy leather. I did use a wet towel to clean my ball and found hanging onto the towel with my thumb and first finger with my gloved hand left those digits slippery and wet for a few shots despite the heat.   

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Thoughts on the gloves today as I played the white Max (Cadet Large) and the grey Pro (Cadet Med) on the back nine. Conditions were humid and very breezy (we're to get T-storms later today) so it was a great time to test.  The Max was extremely comfortable in the session - easy to get on/off, gave a good feel for all the clubs (even used it while putting - as some I know do that in their game), remained grippy as touted.  The grey Pro presented something I had not seen thus far in the testing - being a "medium" glove I knew it would be a bit more snug and as I have used it before I did not think I would have an issue. However, today the glove was super snug - almost like a glove too small.  Would it stretch back out as I played the rest of the back side?  It did some, but did not into the 'easy on/easy off' status that it had before.  More to be done in that area.  I love the finger length of this glove over the "large" of the other models in the test - so it again points to how close your fingers fit into the hand sizing of their chart.   

Edited by Willie T
Grammar

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

21 hours ago, leichliter_jake said:

With this being said I also shot a career low of 74, everything was firing on all cylinders, and it was a great day. It was a huge accomplishment for me to break 80. The gloves do give me confidence in every shot I take it's just a nice feeling wearing them.

GET IT !!!!! Congrats on that

I've seen some good scores out there from this testing group

17 hours ago, Willie T said:

Thoughts on the gloves today as I played the white Max (Cadet Large) and the grey Pro (Cadet Med) on the back nine. Conditions were humid and very breezy (we're to get T-storms later today) so it was a great time to test.  The Max was extremely comfortable in the session - easy to get on/off, gave a good feel for all the clubs (even used it while putting - as some I know do that in their game), remained grippy as touted.  The grey Pro presented something I had not seen thus far in the testing - being a "medium" glove I knew it would be a bit more snug and as I have used it before I did not think I would have an issue. However, today the glove was super snug - almost like a glove too small.  Would it stretch back out as I played the rest of the back side.  It did some, but did not into the 'easy on/easy off' status that it had before.  More to be done in that area.  I love the finger lenth of this glove over the "large" of the other models in the test - so it again points to how close your fingers fit into the hand sizing of their chart.   

I think a big issue for other people trying the glove is a lack of in store purchasing ability .... have to rely on the sizing chart instead of trying it on to see what size fits best.

Loving the glove so far, but if I was to go and spend 2x (or more) compared to what I typically purchase, I would want to know that the glove fits appropriately and try it on as well.

Fun testing so far

Based on what I've read Here and over the website, I would fit into a cadet medium. But as was mentioned, humidity plays a factor,  as does swelling of hands during play.  But in winter time that would change as well. 

@Willie T would you say the MAX in the cadet large Is a better fit for that particular glove? Do you think the CM would be too tight for the MAX?  Also, for all the testers, knowing what you do as for as fit goes, would you opt to change sizes?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

13 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Based on what I've read Here and over the website, I would fit into a cadet medium. But as was mentioned, humidity plays a factor,  as does swelling of hands during play.  But in winter time that would change as well. 

@Willie T would you say the MAX in the cadet large Is a better fit for that particular glove? Do you think the CM would be too tight for the MAX?  Also, for all the testers, knowing what you do as for as fit goes, would you opt to change sizes?

For the Max model, No I would not switch (Large)

For the Pro model, I would be curious what the medium feels like, but I think I would stick with my current size (large). I don't mind the tighter fitting of the Max, but the comfort and ventilation of the Pro has been better significantly better.

for what it's worth, if I had to continue with a Claw glove at this moment, it would be one of the Pro models

luckily I don't have choose now and more testing to come

On 7/13/2024 at 5:08 AM, Rob Person said:

Also, for all the testers, knowing what you do as for as fit goes, would you opt to change sizes?

I do not know, Rob. I picked out medium large for the Claw Pro and the large for the Max. The Max is a little small, but useable. The Claw Pro gray is a full size too large and the markings on the box and glove are the same as on the Pro white. Go figure.

They are all very flexible and swelling of the hands would present no problem. 

As of today both the Pro and the Max have been through 6 rounds each in some very hot weather. There is no sign of stiffness in any of the faux suede. The Pro white does show some discoloring from sweat but that is the only indication that I have even played the glove. I will toss it in the washing machine tomorrow and see how it turns out. 

19 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

I do not know, Rob. I picked out medium large for the Claw Pro and the large for the Max. The Max is a little small, but useable. The Claw Pro gray is a full size too large and the markings on the box and glove are the same as on the Pro white. Go figure.

They are all very flexible and swelling of the hands would present no problem. 

As of today both the Pro and the Max have been through 6 rounds each in some very hot weather. There is no sign of stiffness in any of the faux suede. The Pro white does show some discoloring from sweat but that is the only indication that I have even played the glove. I will toss it in the washing machine tomorrow and see how it turns out. 

Thanks

Odd that the ml is bigger than the normal large.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Haven't read every comment so don't know if it's been discussed but are the testers having problems with the glove getting extremely slick when it gets wet? Grabbed a cool beverage 😉 with the glove on not thinking about it and it took two holes for it to dry and grip a club again.. Not sure if y'all are having the same issue?

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

A quick note from yesterday's sweat and humidity infused round.  Played a late afternoon 18 with a couple of friends at Harbour Pointe.   As I was driving there in the pouring rain, I thought we may have to cancel.  About 5 miles from where I had to turn to get to the road the club is on, it had quit. Needless to say the course had received a solid dousing - so with the heat index around 100 (had been as high as 110), the humidity was there, the sweat was there and it was time for the ClawDaddy gloves to shine or not.  My cart partner was using full leather gloves and our third had a Wilson glove that is a mix of materials.  I had the grey Pro both in CL and CM.  Started with the CM for the 1st 9 and today it slid on as pretty as ever (beginning to think it may have been my hand the other day).  By the fourth hole, my partner was already switching gloves and the soaked one had the grey-green iky look of a sweat soaked glove.  The ClawDaddy while moist was never uncomfortable.  I was speaking to him about the glove, he did not seem to be too impressed with it - I think the silicone ribbing is a turnoff.  Oh and I was playing my vintage set (persimmon woods, blades, etc) - so it was a test for me on how those grips hung around as well. On the back I switched to the CL - and man did it feel different - almost sloppy big.  No real loss of feel and the comfort was a good as the other.  Overall performance wise the gloves were even, on comfort - even, on ease of  use I can say that the CM was a better "fit", having to not change gloves because of sweat - priceless as both wicked and remained good through the round unlike my friend who had one glove drying as he played the other. .... Oh - today is wash day for the gloves - looking for line dried freshness this afternoon.. 

Edited by Willie T

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

After 7 rounds each in extreme heat I offer up these pictures. First the Claw Pro new out of the box then the after. 

20240622_143533.jpg

You can clearly see the glove is collecting some dust from being damp via sweaty hands and the fact we had a dust storm roll through Sunday night.  But it is still supple and very comfortable to wear. 

20240716_080815.jpg

20240716_080852.jpg

The Max, via the black mesh shows no real sign of wear other than the shape of my hand imprinted on the glove itself. Again the glove is supple and shows no signs of the faux suede being saturated with salt and getting stiff and crunchy. 

20240622_143538.jpg

20240716_080917.jpg

20240716_080923.jpg

For the heat, these are superior gloves.  

Edited by EnderinAZ
added info between pictures

Got a range session planned for this afternoon, then gonna run all the gloves through the washing machine before heading out on vacation tomorrow morning. Planning to play Salishan down in Oregon on Friday.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour