Tiger Woods Interview on ESPN tonight

SPY ZINGER

But they said earlier in the article the Bob Costas does all of their important sports interviews.

"Said Dick Ebersol, Chairman, NBC Universal Sports & Olympics: "Any important NBC Sports interview in the past decade has been conducted by Bob Costas and that will continue. He is simply the best interviewer in sports.""

Right. I don't think Tiger picked the interviews, did he? I thought it was just the time limit. Also the quote that I pulled above related to CBS, not NBC.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBS turned down the interview, with Wade telling reporters that the network was interested in an extended interview without restrictions." But as Richard Sandomir of The New York Times correctly pointed out in this excellent piece, CBS had no realistic window to air an abbreviated interview Sunday. Also, it's most likely interviewer from the sports division, Jim Nantz, was calling NCAA basketball games.

This is what it really comes down to, IMO. The networks that could play it over and over again decided to step up and do it because they could pull in more eyeballs.

Yeah, I don't think they had any intention of taking that interview. But, smart PR move on their part since they acted like they took the high road to preserve journalistic integrity. It made the other networks look desperate. Booh-yah!

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Right. I don't think Tiger picked the interviews, did he? I thought it was just the time limit. Also the quote that I pulled above related to CBS, not NBC.

Well... I know TGC said they picked the interviewer, but Kelly Tilghman probably would have been Tiger's choice also. So, I wonder about that.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Yeah, I don't think they had any intention of taking that interview. But, smart PR move on their part since they acted like they took the high road to preserve journalistic integrity. It made the other networks look desperate. Booh-yah!

You think so? For me, it just reeked of insincere posturing. If they're so committed to the news and journalism, there are about a million things they could do/change that would be more significant than this nonsense.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Whoops, by bad. I read them as the same.

I understand there were time limits on the interviews, but both networks said they were allowed to ask whatever they want.

Yeah...but if they ask a question, and he doesn't answer it -- what's the point in saying you can ask anything?

Archived