Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2016 Bushnell Models: Tour V4 laser and neo iON Watch GPS

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

While I may not be with the rest of the guys in Orlando, I can still bring you some breaking info about cool new stuff  that's coming out in 2016 :)

Here are a couple of rangefinders that Bushnell is unveiling this week at the PGA Show.

Tour V4 Red.jpgTour V4 Gray.jpg

The first is the new Tour V4 laser rangefinder. This laser looks a whole lot more like the Tour X than it does the Tour V3. I was a bit concerned about that change in body until I saw that it is actually smaller than the V3.

Though it doesn't really say it in the release below, the pictures imply that the slope can be turned off by swapping face plates. I don't have one in hand to confirm this, but that follows along with the Tour X model.

----------------------

USGA RULING OPENS DOOR FOR NEW BUSHNELL GOLF TOUR V4 SLOPE EDITION'S USE DURING TOURNAMENT PLAY

Tour V4 and Tour V4 Slope Feature New Ergonomic Design and Improved Speed and Accuracy

Overland Park, KS, January XX, 2016 – Bushnell Golf, makers of the #1 Laser Rangefinder on the PGA Tour, today unveiled the new Tour V4 family of rangefinders. The Tour V4 and Tour V4 Slope Edition are faster than their predecessor, 30% smaller and more ergonomically designed to increase the ease and accuracy in acquiring yardages.  The Tour V4 Slope Edition uses patented, Tour trusted technology to provide compensated distances for elevation changes.

The USGA's revision of rule 14-3, effective January 1, 2016 enables players to use DMD's with a slope function, so long as the function is disabled during play. Bushnell designed the Tour V4 Slope Edition with the ability to turn the slope function on and off, making it legal for tournament play.

â€œOur Slope technology is counted on by PGA Tour Professionals and playing pros around the world,” said Scott Peterson, Senior Product Manager at Bushnell. “In the past, amateurs have been reluctant to purchase rangefinders with Slope Technology.  With the new USGA rule change, the Tour V4 Slope will now be conforming during tournament play and for posting handicap rounds by turning slope mode off.”

Continuing the trend of evolving precision through industry-leading technologies, Bushnell Golf is also proud to include JOLT Technology in their new line of Tour V4 Laser Rangefinders. When the golfer aims the Tour V4 at a flag, JOLT Technology provides short vibrating bursts to signal Bushnell's advanced PinSeeker Technology has isolated the target and locked onto the flag.  Along with the JOLT Technology, a faster processor has been incorporated into the unit to provide yardage readings faster than the Tour v3.

Product features include:

• PinSeeker with JOLT Technology to confirm the laser has zeroed in on the flag
  • Accurate to within one yard
  • Five to 1,000-yard range performance (400 yards to a flag)
  • 5x magnification (objects appear 5x closer)
  • New ergonomic design with Stabi-grip
  • 30% smaller than Tour v3
  • Fast focus system
  • Rain proof
  • New premium carry case and three-volt battery included
  • Industry leading two-year warranty

The Tour V4 and Tour V4 Slope will both be available at Bushnell retailers nationwide beginning in mid-April. The retail price for the Tour V4 is $299 and Tour V4 Slope is $399.

Bushnell, the #1 choice of professional golfers, offers a full array of rangefinders, which continue to change and improve the way golfers assess distances, ultimately improving performance.

For more information on the Bushnell family of rangefinders, visit the company's website at www.bushnellgolf.com

Bushnell neo iON Watch GPS

iON green.jpgiON Brown.jpg

Most of the guys in my group are GPS watch guys. I'm still a laser guy, but I really appreciate the quick numbers that the watches give. I just can't wear a watch when I play.

These new neo iON watches look positive to me for a couple of reasons:

• Three rounds on a charge
  • Fitness recording (steps, & etc.)
  • Lighter and thinner

I'm sure that Tim will have this one in the Most Wanted competition this year...

----------------------------

THE NEW BUSHNELL neo iON GOLF GPS RANGEFINDER WATCH EXPANDS THE FAMILY OF INNOVATIVE GOLF MEASURING DEVICES

Sleek and Comfortably Designed, Bushnell neo iON is

the Next Generation of Distance Made Simple

Overland Park, KS, January, XX, 2016 – Bushnell Golf, #1 in Electronic Measuring Devices, unveiled the next generation of distance made simple golf products with the introduction of the neo iON Golf GPS Watch.

The neo iON, Bushnell's lightest and thinnest golf watch, has been redesigned to meet the ever-changing needs of golfers wanting wrist-mounted devices and comes pre-loaded with more than 35,000 courses in over 30 countries. In addition, it's equipped with a new integrated step counter and charging clip design while boasting market-leading battery life. The neo iON is an easy-to-use GPS rangefinder with instant yardage measurements in a simple, fashion-forward design and with no membership fees.

“Creating Tour-trusted technologies is a priority, but we also understand everyday golfers want those exclusive technologies available in an easy-to-use watch,” said Scott Peterson, Senior Product Manager at Bushnell. “With the popularity of wearable technology on the golf course, we created the fashion-forward, user-friendly neo iON with improved technologies providing golfers the ability to enhance their game at an affordable price.”

Neo iON's predecessor, The NEO-XS, offered golfers more battery life than any other GPS watch on the market. Now, the neo iON takes it one step further by delivering an even longer battery life, expected to last for more than three rounds of golf, and even more benefits such as a shot distance calculator, pedometer, odometer and the ability to decipher up to four hazards per hole.

The neo iON Golf GPS Watch is capable of instantly recognizing courses. It features an auto-hole advance feature which automatically changes from one hole to the next. A new integrated step counter has been added allowing the golfer to track distance, speed, and total activity time throughout their round of golf.

Play Longer:

• Over three rounds between charges

Ready for Play:

• Over 35,000 courses worldwide preloaded for instant use

Smart Round Features:

• Instant course recognition and auto hole advance
  • Easy-to-read front/center/back distances
  • Hazard layup distances (up to four per hole)
  • Shot distance calculator
  • Round time and distance traveled information
  • New integrated step counter
  • Odometer
  • New charging clip
  • Standard band size (can use after market watch bands)

The neo iON Golf GPS Watch will be available at Bushnell retailer's nationwide in March, with a retail price of $199.99.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

"Product features include:

• PinSeeker with JOLT Technology to confirm the laser has zeroed in on the flag"

I've commented on this before.  This statement is a little misleading.  It sounds like this laser has something special called "Pinseeker with JOLT Technology" that confirms you've hit the flag.  Actually, the JOLT occurs when you've hit anything, so all the JOLT does is confirm you've hit something.  With my shaky hands I hit lots of things, including the flag!  

What would be really nice is if someone would make a laser that gives yardage to anything you aim at AND only JOLT when you hit the flag.  Now that would be nice for us old guys.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Kenny... my El Cheapo MG rangefinder works great. I can hit anything with the laser. No Jolt. But when I hit a pin with mine I can I can see some little marks appear indicating I'm on target. I don't know. It just works fine and was relatively inexpensive. No bells or whistles. They always tout "faster". What... faster than the speed of light? LOL Other than my sometimes shaky hand mine is fast. Point - shoot - hit ball.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Kenny... my El Cheapo MG rangefinder works great. I can hit anything with the laser. No Jolt. But when I hit a pin with mine I can I can see some little marks appear indicating I'm on target. I don't know. It just works fine and was relatively inexpensive. No bells or whistles. They always tout "faster". What... faster than the speed of light? LOL Other than my sometimes shaky hand mine is fast. Point - shoot - hit ball.

What He said......My shaky hands are using the same laser from MG Golf.  I can tell if I hit the pin because the yardage behind it is much further away, so I keep punching the button until I get a shorter yardage.....LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

What He said......My shaky hands are using the same laser from MG Golf.  I can tell if I hit the pin because the yardage behind it is much further away, so I keep punching the button until I get a shorter yardage.....LOL

Yeah, I have the Bushnell V3.  I got it as a Christmas present.  It's fine, does exactly as yours and it jolts.  But there are times when I say "That's not right." So push button again.  

If I hadn't gotten the V3 for Christmas, I would have bought the MG.  The JOLT is nice, if it just jolted on the flag.  But since it jolts on everything, it really isn't all that useful.  I just can't understand the advertising that "it's faster" than the previous model.  lol.  I am sure I couldn't tell the difference.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the V4 in Orlando.... pretty nice. I'm still on the fence between this and the Luepold GX4i2.

What would tip my scale is if Bushnell offers this model in a 2016 Patriot Pack with proceeds going to Folds of Honor. After watching the ceremonies in Orlando... I'd donate via buying a Bushnell over a Luepold!!!

In my bag

Drivers: Grenade II, Standard flex!

FW Woods:  Cobra Fly-Z set 14.5* w/VLCT-Sp Stiff graphite shaft

Irons:  Taylor Made Speed Blades tweeked 1* w/graphite Matrix 55 gram  M shafts

Wedges:   Taylor Made Speed Blade P & A w/Matrix 55 gram M shaft, 56* SCOR V sole w/Genius 9 graphite shaft, Cleveland 60* w/steel Stiff shaft.
Putter:   SeeMore X2 custom

Balls: Snell

As with almost anything using a range finder requires some common sense so don't turn that off when you are shooting your target. If you are just past the 150 marker and know that the flag is in the middle I wouldn't trust the 181 that you got on your first shoot. Just saying. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 months later...

I really want to test the Tour V4

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

Archived