Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

College Football

fozcycle

My Kansas Jayhawks ended their FBS record 46 game road losing streak. I would have liked to see them run it up to 50 so it would be easier to remember.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

And with Rutgers coming to town this weekend, this could be the start of a winning streak! Pillow fight in Waco in two weeks! 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

At least week 3 has some better match-ups for us couch QBs...

Boise St @ Oklahoma St - Gundy is tough in Stillwater. 

LSU @ Auburn - First one to 13 wins!

Alabama @ Ole Miss - Bama has struggled with Ole Miss in the past. I don't think this one is as close as in previous seasons, but it should be a good one! 

Ohio St vs TCU @ Cowboys Stadium - I hate saying this but Gary Patterson is a fantastic coach. If this game was at TCU, I'd say it's a close one. I know Cowboys stadium is essentially a home game, but there will be tons of Buckeye fans at this game. 

Ole Miss's offense looks excellent right now. I just pray their defense continues to look paper thin. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

And with Rutgers coming to town this weekend, this could be the start of a winning streak! Pillow fight in Waco in two weeks!

You called it....Jayhawks roll today!

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

My Wildcats chalked up another win. Go Big Blue!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The Irish making another statement today... "anyone seen our offense?"  :)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Alabama-Ohio State-Stanford are heads and tails above everyone else.And I would say a safe bet would be Ohio State vs Bama in the championship.Sadly Notre Dame has to be the worst top 10 rated team I can remember in recent history.They will be slaughtered against Stanford and Virginia Tech

Keep it in the short stuff

Bama has, at most, a dozen guys who will eventually play in the NFL. Most likely less than that statistically speaking.

Every player on every NFL roster is an NFL player!

Perspective!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

No college team could beat a pro team. That's for sure!

But saying "12 at most" is a bit low for number of NFL players on Bama's roster. They had 12 guys drafted off last years team. And that doesn't include any free agent signings that got picked up. That 12 from last year's team also doesn't include players who didn't declare or weren't eligible for the draft either. So Bama likely had 25ish NFL guys on last year's team.

I'd guess the number this year is somewhere between the high teens and mid 20s. It's really too hard to tell this early on since some of the possible NFL guys are possibly not playing much because they are so young.

Edit: This reminds me of the LSU Bama games from 2011-12 season. I remember reading and hearing that there were a combined 45-50 NFL prospects on the 2 rosters combined. The amount of talent on the field for those games were staggering. 

Look, I hate Nick Satan with a passion, but what Alabama is doing right now is unreal.  If I were betting college football I'd simply take Alabama and the over.  Beating one of your toughest conference rivals by 55 is a complete joke.

Not only do I not see anyone beating Alabama this year, but I don't even see anyone scoring 21 points against them, or holding them under 35 points all year long.

I was just joking with a co-worker about how it must be really boring for Alabama right now.  They might as well start their own football league - the Alabama Football League.  Just split the team up in half, and have them play each other every week.  It sure as heck would be more interesting then these glorified scrimmages they are forced to play for the rest of the year.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

My Hoos got their second victory this weekend.   They are now 2 & 1 and its a darn shame the season didn't end this weekend.  

Many years ago, a golfing bud was a Tennessee alum.   My Hoos beat his Vols on the football field.   He says to me--I see you got lucky your students beat my athletes.

But saying "12 at most" is a bit low for number of NFL players on Bama's roster. They had 12 guys drafted off last years team. And that doesn't include any free agent signings that got picked up. That 12 from last year's team also doesn't include players who didn't declare or weren't eligible for the draft either. So Bama likely had 25ish NFL guys on last year's team.

I'd guess the number this year is somewhere between the high teens and mid 20s. It's really too hard to tell this early on since some of the possible NFL guys are possibly not playing much because they are so young.

Edit: This reminds me of the LSU Bama games from 2011-12 season. I remember reading and hearing that there were a combined 45-50 NFL prospects on the 2 rosters combined. The amount of talent on the field for those games were staggering. 

I was generalizing by using the statistical average.  Alabama currently has a total of 48 NFL players on active NFL rosters (link provided).  Which is impressive but also spans more than a decade.  Saying they have "mid 20's" on the current college roster is not statistically accurate either.  It's probably somewhere in the middle of your assessment and mine.  

Just looking over the 12 Alabama players drafted last year, 2 were cut prior to the beginning of the regular season and not picked up by other teams.  No undrafted Alabama players from last seasons roster made an active NFL roster.  Glancing through the previous NFL draft, I see three others who never made an active NFL roster.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/college

Because a player was drafted doesn't mean they ever become an NFL player.

I'll bet some Cleveland Browns fans would dispute this statement  :)

Alabama looks like they could beat any football team, college or NFL.

That team is so friggin stacked it isn't funny...

I don't see them dropping a game this year.

After playing 3 high school teams this season, I could see why someone would say that. They haven't played anyone worth anything. I'm not saying they aren't good, but playing against far inferior teams who they are supposed to destroy does not make them good enough to beat everyone.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Look, I hate Nick Satan with a passion, but what Alabama is doing right now is unreal. If I were betting college football I'd simply take Alabama and the over. Beating one of your toughest conference rivals by 55 is a complete joke.

Not only do I not see anyone beating Alabama this year, but I don't even see anyone scoring 21 points against them, or holding them under 35 points all year long.

I was just joking with a co-worker about how it must be really boring for Alabama right now. They might as well start their own football league - the Alabama Football League. Just split the team up in half, and have them play each other every week. It sure as heck would be more interesting then these glorified scrimmages they are forced to play for the rest of the year.

Ole' Miss in the past was a tough rival, this year they are nothing more than a really bad team. They were horrible in that game. So when Ohio state beats Indiana by 50 does that make them the greatest too? I'll wait until they play another good team this season, if they ever do, the only game that they play a good team will be Georgia or maybe LSU.

I'll bet some Cleveland Browns fans would dispute this statement :)

Bills fans might have a better case this year...

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I was generalizing by using the statistical average.  Alabama currently has a total of 48 NFL players on active NFL rosters (link provided).  Which is impressive but also spans more than a decade.  Saying they have "mid 20's" on the current college roster is not statistically accurate either.  It's probably somewhere in the middle of your assessment and mine.  

Just looking over the 12 Alabama players drafted last year, 2 were cut prior to the beginning of the regular season and not picked up by other teams.  No undrafted Alabama players from last seasons roster made an active NFL roster.  Glancing through the previous NFL draft, I see three others who never made an active NFL roster.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/college

Because a player was drafted doesn't mean they ever become an NFL player.

I guess it depends on what you mean by NFL player. Most of the guys that get cut go on to play on the practice squads for some time praying that their chance comes. Unless of course they have a better opportunity in another field of work. Which isn't always common bc practice squad guys have a minimum of over 7k a week.

I should have phrased what I said differently. 18-25 of the players on Alabama's roster are NFL prospects and will either be drafted, be on a NFL roster, or spend time on an NFL practice squad. 

Ole' Miss in the past was a tough rival, this year they are nothing more than a really bad team. They were horrible in that game. So when Ohio state beats Indiana by 50 does that make them the greatest too? I'll wait until they play another good team this season, if they ever do, the only game that they play a good team will be Georgia or maybe LSU.

They don't play Georgia unless they match up in the SEC championship game. 

Good teams that Bama will play include Miss state(MSU is dangerously strong this year), LSU, TX A&M(hard to tell how good they are yet), and of course Auburn. 

They don't play Georgia unless they match up in the SEC championship game.

Good teams that Bama will play include Miss state(MSU is dangerously strong this year), LSU, TX A&M(hard to tell how good they are yet), and of course Auburn.

They are likely going to win it all again, but beating teams by 50 or more points isn't that great. It allows them to keep everyone health and in game shape so they are ready to play teams like auburn and LSU. I think the scheduling across the board needs an overhaul. There are too many cupcake games by all the top teams, yes, you can't control the teams in your conference and how good they may or may not be from year to year, but Ark St., Ala St., Kent St., western Mich are hardly going to compete slim any games Against the top 20. I also know that you can't play top ten teams against each other every week, but there has to be a middle ground somewhere.

Bills fans might have a better case this year...

Possibly. I just saw an interwebz news-byte today that said one player simply retired at halftime.   :lol:

They are likely going to win it all again, but beating teams by 50 or more points isn't that great. It allows them to keep everyone health and in game shape so they are ready to play teams like auburn and LSU. I think the scheduling across the board needs an overhaul. There are too many cupcake games by all the top teams, yes, you can't control the teams in your conference and how good they may or may not be from year to year, but Ark St., Ala St., Kent St., western Mich are hardly going to compete slim any games Against the top 20. I also know that you can't play top ten teams against each other every week, but there has to be a middle ground somewhere.

Oh trust me I get that the ooc schedule is weak. I think that it has been strategically made weak at this point. Because 4-10 years ago, the teams with the toughest schedules weren't rewarded for having them. Ppl measured off "style points" too often.

Is it right? Hell no. But if you aren't rewarded for it then why do it? Especially when you play a strong in conf sched. This is something I've noticed in the last year or so.

I'm sure nobody but Alabama fans have caught on to this but everyone around the SEC has started to copy LSU. When possible, teams take their bye week the week before they play Bama. LSU almost always does it. UM, A&M, TN, MSU, Auburn and Ark all consistently do it. I remember one year the schedule came out and U of A played 5 teams coming off buy weeks. That's ridiculous..

Blow outs don't always keep players healthy btw. Remember last year's Alabama team was beaten up way worse than any other going into the cfb playoffs. Hell week 1 had many Bama players hurt against Louisville.

Edit: I see it as a 6 horse race atm. LSU, UA, Clemson, UGA, OU and OSU are my personal top 6 in no specific order. With Miss st as my dark horse.

I guess it depends on what you mean by NFL player. Most of the guys that get cut go on to play on the practice squads for some time praying that their chance comes. Unless of course they have a better opportunity in another field of work. Which isn't always common bc practice squad guys have a minimum of over 7k a week.

I should have phrased what I said differently. 18-25 of the players on Alabama's roster are NFL prospects and will either be drafted, be on a NFL roster, or spend time on an NFL practice squad. 

I'm no expert by any means and in all fairness (full disclosure) haven't watched a regular season NFL game since Bush 43 was still in office.  But doesn't NFL practice squad eligibility rules limit practice squad players to those who have not been on an active NFL roster for more than four games?  A player is also only eligible to be on a practice squad for two seasons.  A player can earn a third year of eligibility for practice squad participation if the team that controls him makes no roster moves in that two year period. But that's not common.  Maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture but those don't seem like ideal conditions for developing players for future active roster participation.  It seems more like willing participation as a tackling dummy.

Again, I'm no expert but suspect my neighbor may be.  I'm basically going off of conversations I have had with him.  His wife was a classmate of mine and she was my daughter's Algebra teacher last school year.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dixon

Look, I hate Nick Satan with a passion, but what Alabama is doing right now is unreal.  If I were betting college football I'd simply take Alabama and the over.  Beating one of your toughest conference rivals by 55 is a complete joke.

I was just joking with a co-worker about how it must be really boring for Alabama right now.  They might as well start their own football league - the Alabama Football League.  Just split the team up in half, and have them play each other every week.  It sure as heck would be more interesting then these glorified scrimmages they are forced to play for the rest of the year.

I can't disagree with you on any of that, but............ it's still a young season, and s*** happens! No telling about injuries or anything else. As the say... "on any given Sunday"... or Saturday in this case...lol.