Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

College Football

fozcycle

Just a dismall showing by Florida State.Really feel sorry for their fans this season.Its almost like the offense wasn't even on the field.Three crap points by a team with such a normally high standard on the field.Embarrassing

So far this season has been a real snoozer

Keep it in the short stuff

I want to thank my Spider buds for the kindness their team showed this weekend.   I'm not sure I will be saying the same to my Hokie buds come November 23 in Blacksburg.   But the good news is that now football has started, my Retriever buds have stopped coming out of the woodwork.  

So I sit here watching Oregon run a practice session against Portland State.  Is it just me or have the Div 1A programs added more of these non FBS teams to their schedules in recent years?  Sure, it's a great challenge for the lower division programs and offers beneficial exposure, but they are for the most part major snooze fests. The next game is Washington vs. North Dakota.  The good news is that 3rd round coverage of The BMW starts in 5 minutes  :).

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Some conferences are restricting schools from playing against FCS teams. I don't think it would be an issue is every conference played 9 conference games, a P5 opponent, a non-P5 opponent, and an FCS opponent. For the FCS schools, playing a Bama or Washington is 80% of their annual football budget. I don't mind the FCS opponents but when they're all scheduled for week 2, it gets old.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Sitting here with My UK gear on, hoping we can hold out against UF......odds are against it, but I have 4 bets with the 13.5 point spread.... If Kentucky wins or loses by less than the spread I'll have 3 pitchers of beer on Tuesday after golf!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I would be ashamed being an ND fan after today's performance.That was a disastrous performace saying it mildly

Why should ND fans be ashamed of a win and a 2-0 start?  It's OK to do a "stinker" at the right time.  

Just finished off 18 (don't ask...) and cleaning up befor heading out for our home opener against UConn. Shold be a blow-out, but that's why they play the game. No tailgate this year, so that's a bummer, but tonight is my boys' first game night experience, so that's a plus!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

84.61.jpg

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Just finished off 18 (don't ask...) and cleaning up befor heading out for our home opener against UConn. Shold be a blow-out, but that's why they play the game. No tailgate this year, so that's a bummer, but tonight is my boys' first game night experience, so that's a plus!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

attachicon.gif 84.61.jpg

Like Boise State, but then I root for most all state teams.  We attended a Bronco game over 20 years ago while visiting friends at Mountain Home AFB.  My eyes are still stinging from the blue turf. :o

What a run by my Aggies! Been a while since I've been encouraged by a loss

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

So I sit here watching Oregon run a practice session against Portland State. Is it just me or have the Div 1A programs added more of these non FBS teams to their schedules in recent years? Sure, it's a great challenge for the lower division programs and offers beneficial exposure, but they are for the most part major snooze fests. The next game is Washington vs. North Dakota. The good news is that 3rd round coverage of The BMW starts in 5 minutes :).

I was coming here this morning to the same same thing pretty much. As I sit here watching sports center this morning. Listening to the highlights they make these games: Alabama, Auburn, Michigan and many other teams. The make them sound like these teams and games were supposed to be close and one teams is playing so great and everyone is awesome and that they are firing on all cylinders, really. Beating Alabama State is a huge win for Auburn, and Michigan bearing up on Western Michigan is a massive win. I don't get it. These games should never be highlighted on sportscenter as how well these teams are playing. If they don't blow these teams out they know they're in trouble. any of these games against he FCS schools are based upon money for the FCS school. So I understand the why. I think there should be less of them. There are 3-4 of these cupcakes on many schedules throughout the year. You can't do anything about the ones in conference, but when you take those 2 cupcakes and add it to the non conference cupcakes a team could potentially have 8 games a season against cupcakes. I think those numbers need to cut in half, 3 maybe 4 a season is reasonable. We need more inter conference play it doesn't have to be Alabama ca Ohio state, but look at Michigan State yesterday at Arizona state, on the road anything can happen. Those are my thoughts. There's probably more but I am just rambling at this point

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

No one got my Georgia reference. Dang. Watch out CFP... I think there is a storm a brewing in the SEC...

I was waiting for OG to acknowledge it but nothing

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I try to stay out of College football chatting because I am so passionate about my Dawgs. Last year I was so distraught (when Auburn beat them towards the end of the season) I lost my cool.  I had a good golfing buddy who was a staunch Auburn fan and I told him to kiss my arse and unfriended him on facebook for a year.  I recently apologized and made amends to him.   We take our football waaaaaaaay too seriously and it oftens leads to remorse. 

With that said, I will say this!

GeorgiaBulldogs.jpg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

It's been a really crappy 10 years to be a Michigan fan. I love my Maize and Blue, but there has to be a time when a big win happens... besting Western and the likes is just practice.

Exactly, let's win a big game. Hopefully they can come together as a team a little better than last week, and win a game against a good team.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

At this juncture there are a few teams that really want this.They are prepared and have a great chance getting in the playoffs.My picks early are Alabama/Ohio State/Virginia Tech/Stanford.And a hats off to Georgia.They look great, but still see 2 losses this year.The rest are either trying to find themselves-or extremely overrated

Keep it in the short stuff

Brian Kelly will be chewing some butts and having some extra practice sessions after the lackluster showing against Ball State. In a way, I'm hoping it is a blessing in disguise as the game against Stanford will demand their A game. The recent record against Stanford has not been good and I think this game more so than any on the schedule will define the bowl season.  Playing at home may be the key to a win.  But first, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest. Go Irish!!

ND.gif

Kentucky beats Florida, 27 - 16. Go Big Blue!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My Kansas Jayhawks ended their FBS record 46 game road losing streak. I would have liked to see them run it up to 50 so it would be easier to remember.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

At least week 3 has some better match-ups for us couch QBs...

Boise St @ Oklahoma St - Gundy is tough in Stillwater. 

LSU @ Auburn - First one to 13 wins!

Alabama @ Ole Miss - Bama has struggled with Ole Miss in the past. I don't think this one is as close as in previous seasons, but it should be a good one! 

Ohio St vs TCU @ Cowboys Stadium - I hate saying this but Gary Patterson is a fantastic coach. If this game was at TCU, I'd say it's a close one. I know Cowboys stadium is essentially a home game, but there will be tons of Buckeye fans at this game. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty