jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

I just traded in some old stuff and got a $270 gift card to Galaxy.

Thinking about Under Armour shoes or maybe holding off for the new RTX3 Wedges.

Mind if I ask you what you traded? You check value on clubs and it's always garbage but I hear people getting pretty good trade value out of items. Looked up the value of a 3 wood that is this years model and it said $70.....

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

I just completed a buying frenzy of 2 pairs of shoes, driver, 4 wood, 2 hybrids, and a bag. Only the hybrids and bag are starters at this point.

I was fortunate enough to be selected as a winner of a set of Wilson C200's last Spring, thank you Wilson and MGS!

The bottom of my bag is untouchable and has been for three years, putter for 10. I bought two dozen B330 RXs for Christmas and Barbajo was kind enough to bring me a dozen when we played earlier this year so I still have tons of balls. I bought Sports Authority out of gloves in my size. I've taken 4 lessons this year. My handicap index is down to 3.9.

I woke up happy with the state of my game and my equipment. How long that will last is anyone's guess but I'm good on equipment right now thanks for asking. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Looking at a possible shaft change in my iron, but that will be next month.

• Like 2

That reminds me I had a comment to make on that thread. Go to a fitter but I'm confident that you need a stiffer shaft on your irons.

• Like 2

Definitely recommend a good iron shaft fitting if you have someone near you that does one.  I had one back in June and it was extremely eyeopening.  The fitter I went to used Trackman and it was great to see how consistency/dispersion changed between shafts.

• Like 2

We all talk about fitting and how everyone should be fit. Just because a shop or store has a Trackman or a Flightscope doesn't mean jack. For example just yesterday I was in a local golf shop and overheard a guy asking a salesman about getting fit. The first thing this young (and inexperienced) salesman said was come on back to our Trackman and lets see what we can do. I know for a fact that nobody at this store is a qualified fitter. The launch monitor is a sales tool only for them. I'm certainly no club fitter but if I can say anything it's that club fitting is way more involved than flipping the switch on a Trackman. A proper fitting never starts on a launch monitor.

• Like 3

We all talk about fitting and how everyone should be fit. Just because a shop or store has a Trackman or a Flightscope doesn't mean jack. For example just yesterday I was in a local golf shop and overheard a guy asking a salesman about getting fit. The first thing this young (and inexperienced) salesman said was come on back to our Trackman and lets see what we can do. I know for a fact that nobody at this store is a qualified fitter. The launch monitor is a sales tool only for them. I'm certainly no club fitter but if I can say anything it's that club fitting is way more involved than flipping the switch on a Trackman. A proper fitting never starts on a launch monitor.

Absolutely - but it certainly needs to include one.  And when I say go to a fitter I do not mean just go to a golf store that has a launch monitor that offers fitting for a fee.  I mean seek out a true club fitter.  

Depending on your location there are a lot of good choices where you can find award winning fitters.

• Like 3

I may be heading to PGA Superstore to buy a Nike driver. They came with those closeout prices and i may head that way. My wife and I agreed that I would see how much I ge tin my bonus check and go from there. 

I may be heading to PGA Superstore to buy a Nike driver. They came with those closeout prices and i may head that way. My wife and I agreed that I would see how much I ge tin my bonus check and go from there. 

150 for a driver and 100 for a fw are stupid good deals. I thought about buying the fairway wood to try out but changed my mind. Done too much ho-ing lately. 

I'm looking at a blade type putter. Want a Scotty. Been rolling a 2 ball for 10 years and it's time for a change. Afraid to get a Scotty off the bay but not sure about paying full price...anybody got one?!?!

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

I may have one or two...okay a few dozen.  Unfortunately I am not a seller when it comes to putters.  Easy rule of thumb for Scotty's on eBay is that if the price is too good to be true then it more than likely is too good to be true.  I have bought a bunch off eBay and never had an issue.  Also a good place to look is the used rack at PGASS I there is one near you.  I got my son a Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant for under $60 and he was rolling a Futura Phantom mallet this weekend that I could have bought for $45.  I see a lot of nice Scottys at the one near me in great shape for under $150.

Jlukes...I agree with you.

I've said many times; and in my opinion, there are two types of fittings. Retail and professional. For many average non-avid golfers (not freaks like us. LOL) a basic/retail fit is good enough. Beats OTR any day. But, for guys like many of us around here we want a professional fitting. For me personally I interviewed several professional fitters - builders before I decided on one. I did my research/interviews over several months.  I selected a guy that has been a full time professional fitter for over 25 years. He also builds each club. I had to make a 5 hour drive each way to have my fitting and it was absolutely worth it.

• Like 3

That reminds me I had a comment to make on that thread. Go to a fitter but I'm confident that you need a stiffer shaft on your irons.

Definitely recommend a good iron shaft fitting if you have someone near you that does one.  I had one back in June and it was extremely eyeopening.  The fitter I went to used Trackman and it was great to see how consistency/dispersion changed between shafts.

That's why I'm going to Golfworks next month. They have radar but also utilise an outdoor driving range to help fit people.

Looking at a set of Scor wedges. PGA Superstore has a $20 freight deal to Aus. The exchange rate they use is really high, but the reduced freight makes it tempting. Not sure how the Genius 12 shaft would fit with me, but for $A343 delivered it could be worth a try.

• Like 2

I really like my SCORs......they take a little getting used to but if you can score a set of them, you won't regret it.  I have  a 41/45/49/53/57 set, but currently only have the 53/57 in the bag as I have been reviewing the Cobra F6 irons.  

The Nike Vapor Fly Pro driver deal is really tempting me right now, simply because I love how it looks. I'm hesitant to get it though. Any thoughts about the driver maybe to try and push me in the right direction 😉

• Like 1

The Nike Vapor Fly Pro driver deal is really tempting me right now, simply because I love how it looks. I'm hesitant to get it though. Any thoughts about the driver maybe to try and push me in the right direction 😉

Yea, it's probably not available to purchase. I've been on the hunt for 3 days and all my orders keep getting canceled.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

@ashton plumley @thatginger96 check tgw dot com. They were available there last I checked. Almost bought one myself.

Yeah I saw that they had some on there still. I may go to my local Golfsmith and get one there since they still have some there.
  • Like 1

Well I've bought a King cobra Ltd driver after trying it out at a demo day in spring and put it up against my touredge xcg7 beta. I'm still debating the pros and cons of each one.

I shouldn't be looking because my other clubs are working really well but I really, really want the Touredge cb pro 3 wood. I am also debating on new(er) irons. Callaway apex pro, Wilson Staff M3, Cobra amp cell pro, Cobra amp forged and Nike pro combo are all on the menu. I'd also go to Mack daddy 2 wedges since I've had them before and really liked them.

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app