Whiskywolf

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia.
  • Handicap:15

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

You can only flip if the clubhead gets ahead of your sternum prior to impact. I would suggest to you that you focus strongly on staying connected on your downswing. Imagine you haven't had a shower for 4 days, and Paige Spiranac is standing real close. Keep those armpits closed!

Oh, and if you happen to get her number, gimme a call, would ya?

#32 MDGolfHacker

MDGolfHacker

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,734 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Handicap:16

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

You can only flip if the clubhead gets ahead of your sternum prior to impact. I would suggest to you that you focus strongly on staying connected on your downswing. Imagine you haven't had a shower for 4 days, and Paige Spiranac is standing real close. Keep those armpits closed!

Ha ha ha 😂.. Good tip too..

MDGolfHacker

Driver: LH taylormade.jpgR15 10.5* Aldila.png 95 MSI 70-3.3-S S-Flex
Fairway Woods: LH taylormade.jpgAeroburner 3-Wood 15* Speed Rul-Z 60 S-Flex
Hybrid: LH taylormade.jpgAeroBurner 3 Rescue 19* / 4 Rescue 22* - matrix%20shafts%2080x15.jpg Speed Rul-Z 70 S-Flex 
Irons: LH mizuno.jpg MP-57 1* flat standard loft 3-PW Project X Precision 5.5 
Wedges: LH 
:titelist-small:  SM 52*/10* & 58*/10*  with True Temper Wedge Flex Shafts

Putter: LH bettinardi.jpg C03

#33 Wedgie

Wedgie

SPY ANALYST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationRhode Island
  • Handicap:11

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

Look ahead of the golf ball when you swing. An inch or two is all it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - Mizuno MP650 10.5 Fubuki stiff

Hybrid - Mizuno MP650 17 Fubuki stiff

Irons - Mizuno JPX 825 Pro Nippon 950 GH Regular

Wedges - Cleveland cg16 52,56,60

Putter - Odyssey Versa #9 35"

Play Right

#34 ole gray

ole gray

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,215 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

Good flipping advice

:cobra-small: F6 Driver W/ Matrix 60 Red Tie V4 ®

:mizuno-small: JPX-EZ 2H Hybrid 16°
:callaway-small: Razr X  3 & 4 Hybrids

:callaway-small: Razr XF 5 - SW Irons   
  :cleveland-small:  Smart Sole Wedge
Odyssey  Works #7 Versa Putter

18424079_1906642062884948_25607790204433

#35 EthanSterlingPrice

EthanSterlingPrice

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWhitney Texas
  • Handicap:4.5

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

I like focusing on the basic mechanics and trying to perfect those as much as possible. I still have issues with a few things as some of the Texas fellas know, but I'm improving and you can't go wrong with trying to nail the basic movements of the swing a lot of the other stuff is just style choice. In keeping with the KISS method the simplest thing I could suggest is to check sequencing on your downswing, starting from the ground up (feet knees hips/waist chest arms then hands) will help to keep that lag angle you have at the top of your backswing naturally and make it a lot easier to bottom out in front of the ball with less manipulation.

NOTE: this amateur diagnosis is assuming your ball position isn't overly forward or back in your stance. EthanSterlingPrice is not liable for any damages resulting from tips and if you experience a hook lasting more then four hours consult your local pro immediately. Oh and have fun!

Right Handed
4.5 handicap
Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.
3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.
Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.
Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

#36 alfriday101

alfriday101

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

The best advice I've ever heard is from Shawn Clement:  "It's not your job to hit the ball.  You job is to swing to the target."  

The upshot of the advice is that by focusing on hitting the ball, it is the center of your attention and you are going to do just that, hitting AT the ball.  By swing to the target, you focus is on a smooth swing through the impact area and to the target.  The ball just gets in the way of the swing.  It is much easier to hit ball, grass,and then ground when swing to the target than down at the ball.      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Jul
    DutchSpy

In my Ogio silencer bag I stash the following clubs: Driver TM R11S/ Fujicura blur 45 gr , 3,5,7W TM Burner, Irons 5-sw TM Rbladez, Lob TM 60 rac, Putter Odussee Metal-x, balls Pinnacle Gold

• Photo
      17 Jul
    liv2golf

Anyone have the Srixon Z565 or Z765 driver in play? Thinking of moving to the Srixon from my Titleist and was wondering what everyone's opinion was.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors