These recent posts mirror my experience. I upgraded to GG Pro in January having used GG Live quite successfully for a couple years. I figured no tagging was worth the upgrade.

The sensor setup was a confusing hassle. One of my tags didn’t work and GG eventually replaced it free of charge for me.

To this day, GG Pro does not detect any of my putts. (I’ve even swapped putters in case the fat grips dull the sensor). It is supposed to have a feature that will ask you to confirm how many putts you took when leaving the green but I don’t even get that, so I have to manually edit every putt as I leave every green. Seriously?! I might as well just tag them with my GG live system. 

I have a free subscription to the Smart Caddie option in the app but it really doesn’t help me. I can see how it would help if you really think you are always going to knock your 8 iron 190yds like you did that one time. But it’s just using your data to tell you how far you really hit your clubs and recommending a club on that basis. 

Ive never used the GG apps for yardages. I use a laser and previously used a SkyGolf gps unit. I don’t want to keep messing about with my phone on the golf course.

I got the impression that the company has gone quiet. My replacement tag came after several reminders to chase it up and arrived in a hand addressed envelope. I’m wondering if the company is I trouble. If I inadvertently signed up for Beta testing then I’m not getting any feedback on how they are improving. There’s hardly any user generated reviews online at the moment, which I find worrying.

Id stay away from GG Pro for the time being. Seriously considering asking for my money back but I’m way past the 30 day period now.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 10:12 PM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Sadly, that customer service experience sounds exactly like mine. When I first reported issues, they were very apologetic and asked specific questions (software version, tag version, phone info, etc.); next, somewhat helpful, but vague and confusing (e.g. "we have a firmware update that will fix that. Do these things to apply it", despite my app saying my firmware was current); eventually unresponsive. 

It might be worth disputing the charge with your bank. I asked BofA if this situation qualified for a dispute, and they said they'd do what they can, but it'll be a month or two before I find out (got the idea from GG's Facebook page where another frustrated customer said AmEx got them a refund). 

More fun with this product -- I've sent multiple responses to my support tickets offering more information/data (once while I was on-course, as they requested) and asking for more help, receiving no response on any of them. I also mentioned a refund multiple times, but they've ignored it and just stopped responding (trying to leverage that 30 day guarantee). Just for kicks, I created a new account with another e-mail address and explained a very similar issue, and within 10 minutes they responded with an apologetic response, and when I asked they they stopped responding to the other e-mails, they said they are swamped (and also that they are not taking phone calls, despite allowing them to be scheduled). 

If nothing else, this is just leverage for my charge dispute. Given that other sites show some success with the product, I'm not going to tell you not to buy it...but mine is likely going in the trash. 

I can deal with phone in pocket, I can deal with tagging, all I want is the darn thing to track all shots.  Shot scope v2 does not get every shot - it misses a ton!  Too much to keep the device.  I purchased new in 4/2019 and returned 5/2019.  The major issue was it missing so much and then adding in shots I never took.  It would miss 2-5 holes a round.  Shoot 77, have the thing tell you had 54!  Not cool, I can remember all the shots, clubs, distances, etc so I can go add them in but missing 20% of stuff is a deal breaker when paying for tracking LOL.

I hope this is good, we'll see, I enjoyed the shot scope but just can't live with hitting the next hole button 'because I wear a glove' - odd that's literally listed as the reason for missed shots, missed holes and the darn next hole button - LOL, almost everyone wears a glove.  I just don't know - I gave them 3 very good suggestions to improve on their next iteration and hope they seriously take them.  I don't mind recording where hole is either.  I'm an easy going guy but during a tournament I was F'ing with the shot scope so much I missed the cut.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:15 AM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

More fun with this product -- I've sent multiple responses to my support tickets offering more information/data (once while I was on-course, as they requested) and asking for more help, receiving no response on any of them. I also mentioned a refund multiple times, but they've ignored it and just stopped responding (trying to leverage that 30 day guarantee). Just for kicks, I created a new account with another e-mail address and explained a very similar issue, and within 10 minutes they responded with an apologetic response, and when I asked they they stopped responding to the other e-mails, they said they are swamped (and also that they are not taking phone calls, despite allowing them to be scheduled). 

If nothing else, this is just leverage for my charge dispute. Given that other sites show some success with the product, I'm not going to tell you not to buy it...but mine is likely going in the trash. 

My last post in this thread (unless someone directs a question at me) - I finally got the issue resolved with the company without going through the charge dispute process, and they accepted it back for a full refund. I did so by opening a completely separate refund request ticket (apparently on the wrong site) and challenging their 30 day policy in multiple ways. It still took a decent amount of back/forth, and I'm not entirely sure why they decided to give in - maybe it was the way I challenged the policies, maybe they looked at my account and saw valid issues with product performance...or maybe they just got sick of me wasting their time 😂

A word of caution on this: if you try this product, you might be able to challenge the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee as I did, but don't count on it. The retail industry (and even the FTC) accepts a "Money Back Guarantee" as allowing the consumer to return the product for any reason, including dissatisfaction, but I don't think that's actually what they are offering (instead, it's just a return policy). Gamegolf.com advertises some bold claims for the product and uses that specific terminology, although I haven't found the terms/conditions on that website. Gamegolfsupport.com also mentions it in these terms, but it's not a product guarantee -- if you purchase from a different retailer, they defer to the retailer's policies, which may be different. However, maybe most importantly, store.gamegolf.com (where you actually make the purchase) has a slimmed down product description (fewer claims) and does not mention this guarantee at all -- the closest I can find is the "Right of Withdrawal" clause in the terms/conditions, which requires the product to be returned in new, unopened condition within 30 days of receipt. 

With this, I'm bowing out of this thread and moving on to (hopefully) more positive experiences with other products. Arccos Link has not arrived yet, but I'm hopeful once it does, and even if it has some struggles, the phone-in-pocket option is fairly reliable. 

• Like 2

To add another nail to the coffin: Golf App Exposes 218k Users’ Data Online

Just saw this come across my network security feeds at work. Not looking good for them.

GAME GOLF / Game Your Game Inc, is a privately held company based in San Fransisco, California. It is unclear if this data incident was reported to users who may have been affected or the California Attorney General’s Office. California law requires a business to notify any California resident whose unencrypted personal information, as defined, was acquired, or reasonably believed to have been acquired. Despite several attempts and a request for comment regarding this data incident, GAME GOLF / Game Your Game Inc has not responded or commented at the time of this publication.

• Sad 3

I lied about that being my last post 😞 I will still share any new information I have that will help other users of this forum. Here's something new that came through my inbox today (ouch on the data breach - that's another big watch-out, but that's not what this post is about): 

Acknowledging product issues (and saying they identified the source), they sent instructions to users to install a new firmware update (~1 hour) and play 3 times over the next 3 weeks to help them fix the issues. The trick is...while playing, you can't use it as advertised, and instead need to tag every shot manually. Here are the instructions: 

http://www.gamegolf.com/data-collection

I think they are also acknowledging (without saying it directly) that this product is still in Beta. I say that because they are asking users to take additional actions to help them fix the product, and my direct e-mail link extends with "utm_source=Pro Beta 20040519" followed by a contact key. 

My advice: avoid it for now unless you want to put in a lot of work, and consider it if/when they fix the glitches and start getting better reviews. Being part of the solution is cool in some cases, but this one is not for me. 

Here is the process for capturing the swing data:

1. Start a round as normal with your PRO device
  2. After every shot you take you will have to magnet tag by placing the divot tool on top of the tag within 10 seconds after the shot and and holding it for 5 seconds AFTER every shot. The green light will light up on the medallion when you have successfully triggered sensor upload. The blue light will be flashing during data transfer.
  3. Your shots will be recorded on the app the same as before.
  4. At the end of the round, upload as you normally would and the round will be saved to your account.
  5. Repeat for at least 5 more rounds of golf.

Note: Internet connection required for data collection

Yes, I got this firmware update too. Spent the last few of rounds trying to tag all my shots and even this work around system is not working. Not doing it any more! This is completely distracting me from actually playing golf and enjoying it.

Have asked them to either refund me for not providing a working product or to send me a fully working product. In the meantime, I'm reverting back to my Game Golf Live system (presuming it still works).

Peace out.

• Like 1

Yes, I got this firmware update too. Spent the last few of rounds trying to tag all my shots and even this work around system is not working. Not doing it any more! This is completely distracting me from actually playing golf and enjoying it.
Have asked them to either refund me for not providing a working product or to send me a fully working product. In the meantime, I'm reverting back to my Game Golf Live system (presuming it still works).
Peace out.

I have the original GG and it still works. I think I’ve had it for around 4 years

I was a Gamegolf Live user for years and it worked well for most of that time. However, shortly before the Game Golf Pro came out, courses in my area started disappearing from their database for no apparent reason. I purchased the GG Pro with the intro pricing, hoping that it would be an improvement over the original. A friend of mine also purchased a set and had so many issues, after trying it for a couple of rounds, that I decided to not even take the GG Pro tags out of the box. I sold them to someone and got my money back. From what I've seen Arccos is a much more developed tagless system, so I may consider going that route at sometime in the future. I really do enjoy seeing my stats but it's not worth the hassle if it's that buggy.

I was a Gamegolf Live user for years and it worked well for most of that time. However, shortly before the Game Golf Pro came out, courses in my area started disappearing from their database for no apparent reason. I purchased the GG Pro with the intro pricing, hoping that it would be an improvement over the original. A friend of mine also purchased a set and had so many issues, after trying it for a couple of rounds, that I decided to not even take the GG Pro tags out of the box. I sold them to someone and got my money back. From what I've seen Arccos is a much more developed tagless system, so I may consider going that route at sometime in the future. I really do enjoy seeing my stats but it's not worth the hassle if it's that buggy.

It is really too bad. Too bad their new product is apparently terrible and too bad they never took the platform to the heights it could have been. That said, I still use my GG Classic. I don’t mind downloading or tagging. I find myself tagging when I am playing clubs w/o tags. It’s just part of me at this point. I honestly don’t use the data as mush as I should or could. It just isn’t that friendly or as deep as it could be
  • Like 2

And now for the comical end to this: at one point during the support back/forth, I questioned if the device was defective, and they agreed to replace it with one that should be fully up to date. More than two months later, well after they took mine back for a refund, a new medallion shows up in the mail!

Is anyone out there still struggling with this product that wants to give the replacement medallion a shot? 

And now for the comical end to this: at one point during the support back/forth, I questioned if the device was defective, and they agreed to replace it with one that should be fully up to date. More than two months later, well after they took mine back for a refund, a new medallion shows up in the mail!
Is anyone out there still struggling with this product that wants to give the replacement medallion a shot? 

I’m still waiting the new medallion they promised in June

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy