Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TPS Player Service

Hello,

My name is Anthony, I am writing this introduction on behalf of TPS Players Service. TPS is the #1 golf academy in the Midwest, headquartered in Downers Grove, IL, just outside of Chicago. Since 2010, we've produced 75+ NCAA D1 collegiate golfers, and our students have recorded over 500 worldwide wins. In 2018, we will have 6+ professional players, playing regularly in PGA Tour-sanctioned events, including events on PGA Tour Canada, PGA Tour Latino America, PGA Tour China and Web.com Tour. We currently train 3 of the top 6 ranked juniors in the state of Illinois. Our CEO John Perna is a Trackman Master (the only Trackman master in all of the Midwest). John played NCAA D1 college golf at FGCU, in addition, he studied under Dr. Jim Suttie a former teacher of various PGA Tour winners, before opening TPS in 2010. John's assistant Kyle Slechta played D1 college baseball at Triton College and has a strong background in fitness and nutrition, using his knowledge helps us turn our golfers into total athletes.

The reason we have joined My Golf Spy is to bring you guys a new perspective on golf in the junior, collegiate and professional level. We will be posting WITB photos from our players regularly, and posting new updates on what we are working on in the equipment forums. We are excited to share our perspective with this community and hopefully share our knowledge with you all, as well as hearing and learning new thing from you guys! 

​Our first WITB will be with Web.com Tour Player Chris Baker and will be posted soon!

**Disclaimer: We are not attempting to advertise our business or products. As our program is completely sold out until the fall of this year and have an 8+ player waiting list. In addition, all of our products and services are available to members of TPS Player Service exclusively.**

-- 
Anthony P.
TPS Player Service 

2300 Wisconsin Ave. | Downers Grove, IL 60515

Welcome aboard!  I look forward to reading any exciting info you share with us.

WITB:

Driver - Callaway BB Alpha 9* Kuro Kage 50g. Reg. Shaft - 45"

3 Wood - Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Pro 14.5* Project X 5.5

5 Wood - Callaway XR 19* Project X 5.5

3 - 5 Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Hybrids 18*, 22*, & 25* w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft

6 - PW - Callaway Apex w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft - Standard length & lofts 

GW, SW & LW - Hogan TK - 49*, 54* & 58* - KBS fst - Wedge flex

Putter - Ping - Mid Ketsch Heavy - 33"

The reason we have joined My Golf Spy is to bring you guys a new perspective on golf in the junior, collegiate and professional level. We will be posting WITB photos from our players regularly, and posting new updates on what we are working on in the equipment forums. We are excited to share our perspective with this community and hopefully share our knowledge with you all, as well as hearing and learning new thing from you guys!

In listing your reasons for joining MGS, I feel you neglected to clarify the preeminent promotion of SureStix.

My advice, if you are serious about earning productive inroads with this crowd, it's best to shoot straight.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I'm guessing Dominic Scaletta told you to post here?

Oh boy... what Smiley to use in this situation.  :D  :rolleyes:  :)  <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sleep.png" alt="-_-">  :wub:  :lol:  :P  ;)  ^_^  :ph34r:  B)

Choices and choices... I think we'll go for  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I'm all for advertising and promoting products/services that forum members may be interested in ...but there is a proper protocol to follow.

Do folks not see the ADVERTISE link at the top of EVERY page ??

Capture.JPG

What am I missing here...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I'm all for advertising and promoting products/services that forum members may be interested in ...but there is a proper protocol to follow.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

That this company wants free advertising and exposure and doesn't really care about contributing to the forum. Much like one of their junior golfers that tried pulling a bunch of crap on here

That this company wants free advertising and exposure and doesn't really care about contributing to the forum. Much like one of their junior golfers that tried pulling a bunch of crap on here

That's a shame....would hate for the forum to get cluttered with people trying stuff like this.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

As our first post states, "**Disclaimer: We are not attempting to advertise our business or products. As our program is completely sold out until the fall of this year and have an 8+ player waiting list. In addition, all of our products and services are available to members of TPS Player Service exclusively.**"

As our first post states, "**Disclaimer: We are not attempting to advertise our business or products. As our program is completely sold out until the fall of this year and have an 8+ player waiting list. In addition, all of our products and services are available to members of TPS Player Service exclusively.**"

More accurately: "As our first post has been twice edited to state..."

Editing posts on the sly is not the straight shooting to which I alluded.

Additionally there is an (if-then) logic problem with the idea that if you have no product ready to deliver, then your forum activity cannot be construed as advertising your business or products.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

In listing your reasons for joining MGS, I feel you neglected to clarify the preeminent promotion of SureStix.

My advice, if you are serious about earning productive inroads with this crowd, it's best to shoot straight.

I can't comment because I don't think they were talking to me if their mission is to bring a new perspective on golf in the junior, collegiate and professional level.   See, I am not a junior, I am a well established "seasoned" golfer.   While my college days were some of the best in my life, they a long, long ago distant memories.  Becoming a professional has never entered my head at any time in my life.  Now, if they could provide a new perspective for "old coots", then I might be interested in reading it as long as they are not trying to sell me something.

I'm certainly willing to give Anthony P. the benefit of the doubt here, but this is rather suspicious.

Hopefully he brings some interesting insight to the members and can contribute to existing discussions.

One guy who has done this in the past and is **highly** respected is Tom Wishon on the golfwrx forums.  Tom is a top notch club builder who works with vendors to sell clubs he designs and builds but you will never see him advertise out there for it (I didn't even know he built clubs).  He is extremely knowledgeable and gladly shares his wisdom with the other members.

Hoping that this can be a similar situation...

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I'm in with Stroker on this. I value opinions from other members, if vendors want to advertise I'm ok with that as long as it doesn't appear in the forum. Plus I'm sure MGS would like the advertising revenue.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Same username as company name

Company logo as avatar

E-mail in signature

Link to Trackman article written about same company

**not advertising though, (btw we have 8+ people waiting for our service in case you were wondering)**

Sometimes, I randomly take my clubs and a change of clothes to work with me. I give my lady a disclaimer though: **I AM NOT PLAYING GOLF TODAY** works every time

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Same username as company name

Company logo as avatar

E-mail in signature

Link to Trackman article written about same company

**not advertising though, (btw we have 8+ people waiting for our service in case you were wondering)**

Sometimes, I randomly take my clubs and a change of clothes to work with me. I give my lady a disclaimer though: **I AM NOT PLAYING GOLF TODAY** works every time

seems like their target audience are junior level golfers....not sure how many of those are on this forum but there was post asking about age groups and very few were 'junior' level... :)

I read the linked article and they seem to want to say that if you use trackman year round you'll lower your scores...not sure anyone is debating the efficacy of trackman and practicing...so...why exactly are they here?? (and I don't just mean Anthony...i mean the whole TPS organization)

if they're here to advertise in a back-door-I'm-not-advertising-anything-but-I-really-am fashion it seems like a waste of time.

there's a lot of smart guys out here who have been around for quite a while and can smell b.s. from a mile away and have no qualms about calling folks out on it.

my advice to Anthony P. - either make some meaningful comments on some existing topics (vs. starting new ones) or maybe give it a rest for a bit.  sounds like he has some knowledge about maybe trackman or practicing and can offer some advice; maybe he can share it with the group?

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

seems like their target audience are junior level golfers....not sure how many of those are on this forum but there was post asking about age groups and very few were 'junior' level... :)

I read the linked article and they seem to want to say that if you use trackman year round you'll lower your scores...not sure anyone is debating the efficacy of trackman and practicing...so...why exactly are they here?? (and I don't just mean Anthony...i mean the whole TPS organization)

if they're here to advertise in a back-door-I'm-not-advertising-anything-but-I-really-am fashion it seems like a waste of time.

there's a lot of smart guys out here who have been around for quite a while and can smell b.s. from a mile away and have no qualms about calling folks out on it.

my advice to Anthony P. - either make some meaningful comments on some existing topics (vs. starting new ones) or maybe give it a rest for a bit. sounds like he has some knowledge about maybe trackman or practicing and can offer some advice; maybe he can share it with the group?

I'm sure he will after he clears his 8 person waiting list.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I suppose I'm naïve. The top post that started this seemed ok to me. I didn't see where the guy was asking anyone to sign up for anything or buy a club or product he invented. Read like he was talking about his cred and experience.

I wouldn't mind hearing about Jr. golf as I'm interested because of our First Tee program. I see they have a Trackman expert also. Ok... sounds interesting.

What was it exactly that got everyone's feathers all ruffled? Maybe I'll learn something today.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Before everyone jumps on the band wagon and starts waiving their pitchforks lets take a look at the moral codes.

I don't recall seeing any "sign up here for our product" or "check out this discount for our service" in the first post.  I saw some establishing some credibility for the posts they hope to make.  I saw someone that may have some great insights and knowledge join our community.  Also as you'll see below there is nothing wrong with having contact info in a signature.

Look, we aren't stupid.  I can see what's going on, I read posts on here too.  If a line gets crossed I'll be sure to step in, but please make sure we aren't running people out just because they work for golf business and you aren't interested in what they do.

5. Product Advertising - (PLEASE READ) The MGS forum wants EVERYONE to feel like they can be a part of this forum and I encourage all companies to take part. In the end it will only make for a better forum and better content for the members. However...we are sure you understand that it is not to fair to have the exact same posting privileges as an Advertiser on the forum. So we have come up with the following criteria which we feel both encourages both Non-Advertiser educational posting and promotes the Advertisers product promotions.

ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post promotional info, run contests, post both pre-product and current product release photos, display contact info in signature, provide educational posts, promote coupons and discounts to members and highlight new product releases.

NON-ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post any and all educational type posts (not promoting your brand or products) and also display contact info in your signature.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

agree

Bags

Archived