jlukes

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

I am very glad that I have found this thread. Great videos on YouTube and very detailed. I have learned so much about gold since becoming active on this forum. I'm really interested in how all of these little fitting tweaks can enhance my game. Now at my next fitting I might actually be able to understand the fitter's terminology. 

• Like 1

Watched the should you shorten your driver shaft video last night. The interesting thing about all the video is how subtle changes in shafts can influence contact point and dispersion which in turn can increase ball speed and narrow misses.

The other interesting thing I see in the videos is that even though shafts are labeled as low launch low spin they may actually increase your launch and spin due to how the shafts works for you.

The OEM vs aftermarket video is good as well. Matt, The question I have is while OEM shafts are designed to fit the widest range of golfers, how often do people actually fit into the stock shafts?

From a new video perspective it would be interesting to see how a single shafts performance is impacted by different driver heads and the theory that once I have found a shaft, that shaft still fits me if I go to a new driver head.

Good question re: OEM vs. aftermarket shaft. We hope to make a detailed video on that soon. In terms of a quick answer, generally the slower swing speeds/higher handicaps can at times find a good fit with a stock shaft. Much less common with faster swings and single digit players. In terms of Ian's fittings though, usually a customer is coming in wanting the absolute best setup possible, and that's pretty much guaranteed to be an aftermarket shaft. Not just because of performance but also the massive amount of options available to tweak the ball flight.

• Like 3

Wow. This 20 handicap driver fitting is incredible. Dude picked up 30 yards of carry. Best video yet.

https://youtu.be/37eeDv5lmlE

It was nuts. I think I'd feel sick after knowing I was leaving that much on the table

• Like 2

Wow. This 20 handicap driver fitting is incredible. Dude picked up 30 yards of carry. Best video yet.

"might be in shock" haha

• Like 2

These videos are amazing. The only issue that i have is that they are in Toronto. :(

• Like 4

These videos are amazing. The only issue that i have is that they are in Toronto. :(

Just get yourself an enhanced driver license and make the trip. What do you have to lose?

Well it appears I should have done my research, no enhancement needed. That's a haul from Alberta.

• Like 1

Pilots license might help a little more. But yeah, that's 2+ day drive.

• Like 1

Really nice to hear the support everyone, thanks! Just got a message from Brian (GolfSpy Meyer) and sounds like there is no issue from the admin team in terms of me continuing to chat with everyone here. Which is great news! Has been very enjoyable so far and looking forward to much more.

Just another example of why MGS is the best golf website on the internet. Won't take advertising dollars from big companies, and won't allow those things to force them to make decisions. Once again, another win for the good guys!!

• Like 4

Ontario is the centre of the universe my friend! :)

Don't I know it.

Nothing makes that more apparent than living in Edmonton.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Don't I know it.

Nothing makes that more apparent than living in Edmonton.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

:lol: I love the Canadian chatter. Saskatchewan might win centre of the Canadian golf universe though, (pretty sure) statistically it has the highest participation rate percentage.

Video on the Cobra f8+ coming Sunday!

Sneak peek – it was me that tested it and I was pleasantly surprised.  ;)

• Like 4

Sneak peek – it was me that tested it and I was pleasantly surprised.  ;)

It's what I got fitted for.  Beat out the Ping G400.  

• Like 1

:lol: I love the Canadian chatter. Saskatchewan might win centre of the Canadian golf universe though, (pretty sure) statistically it has the highest participation rate percentage.

Yeah that cause there is only 5 people in the province and at least 2 of them play golf. :P

• Like 2

Their first club review is up. Love the balanced views they give on the different aspects of the driver

Glad you liked it!

• Like 1

Must watch video up today on head vs shaft and what is more important in influencing ball flight.

Spoiler alert: it's the head

• Like 5

Must watch video up today on head vs shaft and what is more important in influencing ball flight.

Spoiler alert: it's the head

Another great video from the guys at TXG . I really appreciate all the information they are sharing; it is so informative and educational. Appreciate their taking the time to educate us on how they do they job and all the things that go into a proper fitting.

• Like 3