Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

Hold the phone, being told that Miura has no stock of the LH cavity at all and won't be fulfilling any new orders for them.... :blink:

Might be back to the Srixons

Did you try Epons? My gosh the AF-303 are some sweet feeling irons forged by Endo. Cavity back, yes, but they are amazing. Pair that with the Oban CT Steel shaft and you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

I played the Miura LH Cavity Back with DG Tour X100 and I thought the Epons were softer...but that might have something to do with the shaft as well. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Miura dream may still be alive, Ian's been working some magic. Stay tuned... B)

Of course he is!! Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

There are whisperings that a blank (no paint fill) set of LH Miura cavities are on their way to TXG...

On that subject, anyone like the blade vs. cavity video we did yesterday? Curious if you guys found the data useful.

There are whisperings that a blank (no paint fill) set of LH Miura cavities are on their way to TXG...

On that subject, anyone like the blade vs. cavity video we did yesterday? Curious if you guys found the data useful.

The data is super useful IMO. I kinda learned it on my own testing the JPX 900 Tours and made a similar comment on the video itself. I like that these have a little perimeter weighting and a slight cavity, but most importantly I don't have random nuke balls that fly 10 yards further than they should. If I catch one fat or thin I know I'll end up about a club short, but a predictable miss is better than unpredictable solid shots. Super stoked to see the rest of your bag fitting!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

This was one of several videos I watched yesterday. It was really good. I spent a good portion of the last few days watching the videos and some really good info on them

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I watched it and really enjoyed the comparison. I am not going to lie I have always wanted a set of blades but my ball striking isn't very consistent so I like have the extra forgiveness. I guess it is a sacrifice forgiveness vs feel. Maybe I will give blades a try at some point. It seems from the video that blades are extremely consistent in the right hands.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Awesome video. I have noticed that I had to change my swing a little to play blades. I have been taking better divots since I changed the swing and my distance is better too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome video. I have noticed that I had to change my swing a little to play blades. I have been taking better divots since I changed the swing and my distance is better too.

Which did you switch from and which blades did you switch to?

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

Which did you switch from and which blades did you switch to?

Played callaway and then M2 and hated both and now I play Wishon 575.

That's awesome about your irons.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Was very envious of the stripe show you put on with those Miura's, nary a miss in the lot.

The part I found most interesting was when Ian talked about turf interaction with the blades vs the wider soles of GI. That is an area I have struggled in. At times with GI irons such as D300. AP1 and the JPX Hot Metals. It's one of the reasons i play an AP1/AP2 combo. I feel I can make much crisper contact with the lower end irons in the bag.

The blade vs cavity video was very well thought out and surprising.  With the exact same shaft and loft I would have bet a ton of money that the cavity would have launched quite a bit higher.  As you mentioned in the video that a SGI iron might have launched a little bit higher but overall it seems like loft is king.  

It does not seem like some of the other channels out there understand clubs enough to do a quality comparison.  Keep the great videos coming.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

The blade vs cavity video was very well thought out and surprising. With the exact same shaft and loft I would have bet a ton of money that the cavity would have launched quite a bit higher. As you mentioned in the video that a SGI iron might have launched a little bit higher but overall it seems like loft is king.

It does not seem like some of the other channels out there understand clubs enough to do a quality comparison. Keep the great videos coming.

That's what I've been trying to say for years. Man, I love these guys. Keep up the great videos fellas!

I wonder if someone with less clubhead speed would have trouble getting a similar launch out of the blade.

I'd be willing to put money on it. If I put my gamer shaft in a RH version of those miuras I wouldn't get that kind of launch. My 6i speed is about 84-86 and carries 170-173

I'd be willing to put money on it. If I put my gamer shaft in a RH version of those miuras I wouldn't get that kind of launch. My 6i speed is about 84-86 and carries 170-173

I think you'd be surprised.

This video definitely piqued my interest. Been pondering the hybrid vs. lofted fairway for a while now as folks might've read in the "what equipment are you thinking about" thread. I thought for sure the hybrid was going to be higher peak height after seeing the first missile you fired off, Matt.

This video definitely piqued my interest. Been pondering the hybrid vs. lofted fairway for a while now as folks might've read in the "what equipment are you thinking about" thread. I thought for sure the hybrid was going to be higher peak height after seeing the first missile you fired off, Matt.

I agree but for me I think the hybrid is so much easier to hit I do have a 5 wood now but am having trouble with it. Great video as always guys. Getting really close to 10k subscribers like at 8333 we need to get the spies over there to get them to their goal

Bryson DeChambeau

You and me both! 

I agree but for me I think the hybrid is so much easier to hit I do have a 5 wood now but am having trouble with it. Great video as always guys. Getting really close to 10k subscribers like at 8333 we need to get the spies over there to get them to their goal

It's funny how personal the hybrid vs. wood choice is, doesn't seem to be a particular player, swing speed, etc. that always favours one over the other. For me I hit a 5 wood a lot more consistently for whatever reason.

And yes please, we could use (as of right now) 1,633 spies to head over and subscribe.  :lol:

It's funny how personal the hybrid vs. wood choice is, doesn't seem to be a particular player, swing speed, etc. that always favours one over the other. For me I hit a 5 wood a lot more consistently for whatever reason.

And yes please, we could use (as of right now) 1,633 spies to head over and subscribe.

I know one thing is I wish I could stripe some shots with those miura blades

Bryson DeChambeau

And yes please, we could use (as of right now) 1,633 spies to head over and subscribe.  :lol:

I have a much easier time hitting fairway woods. I think it's because I grew up playing up to a 7w when I was a junior golfer, then I stopped playing golf for like 10 years. During which hybrids because super popular. When I do strike them, they go left on me (overdraw). The look of them makes me want to swing them like a fairway wood, but the length makes me want to swing them like an iron, it's just too much for my brain to handle.

Data, data, data! Love it, keep 'em coming!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

So a little preview of a video that we might be shooting this week (if not certainly next week) as a follow up to the blade vs. cavity video: 

The studio has the Rogue X iron head in the 7 iron, so we plan to build that to the loft and length of a 6 iron in something like a small CB or blade if we can. We alluded to wanting to do this in the last video, but thought we couldn't because of the massive loft differences. But by using the 7i in the SGI head, we should be able to build two clubs with identical loft and length.

Will be interesting to see if that extreme design difference actually produces more ball speed, launch, spin, etc. in contrast to the less pronounced cavity of the Z565 which performed very similar to a blade in the same loft.

So a little preview of a video that we might be shooting this week (if not certainly next week) as a follow up to the blade vs. cavity video:

The studio has the Rogue X iron head in the 7 iron, so we plan to build that to the loft and length of a 6 iron in something like a small CB or blade if we can. We alluded to wanting to do this in the last video, but thought we couldn't because of the massive loft differences. But by using the 7i in the SGI head, we should be able to build two clubs with identical loft and length.

Will be interesting to see if that extreme design difference actually produces more ball speed, launch, spin, etc. in contrast to the less pronounced cavity of the Z565 which performed very similar to a blade in the same loft.

Ohhhh I like this idea can't wait to watch

Bryson DeChambeau

That should be an interesting video. The Srixon 565 is a definitely a unique club in that it is blurs the line between players cavity and game improvement. So I wasn't that surprised that it held its own against a players cavity back iron. I'm thinking we see a bit different results, especially spin wise, withe the Rogue

Cant wait to see this one.

That should be an interesting video. The Srixon 565 is a definitely a unique club in that it is blurs the line between players cavity and game improvement. So I wasn't that surprised that it held its own against a players cavity back iron. I'm thinking we see a bit different results, especially spin wise, withe the Rogue

I agree with Joe here. I have a single Rouge X 5 iron i ordered and have taken it out on the course. I hit it on a 165 yard par 3 and hit back portion of the green which would be about 15 yards further than my normal 5. But it had no spin at all and went over the green and down a hill about 15 yards past the green.

So definitely didn't have the spin to hold the green, at least with my swing speed.

Matt,  I just want to thank you and Ian for providing the information that you do in the videos.  They are extremely well put together, informative, and the information is presented in a way that anyone can understand.  Definitely must watch videos!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Matt,  I just want to thank you and Ian for providing the information that you do in the videos.  They are extremely well put together, informative, and the information is presented in a way that anyone can understand.  Definitely must watch videos!

Appreciate that very much, thanks for watching!

Archived