tommc23

Stanley Cup

I disagree with that I think the 30 number is a good number. Vegas this year was the highlight first year in the league and making the playoffs I mean wow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Being a fan of a team that was the joke of the league for a decade, I respectfully disagree. I will say, management is a big reason why it was dark for so long around here, and parity has gotten better, but there's still a number of teams who don't have NHL talent top to bottom.

George McPhee played the system perfectly for the expansion draft, acquiring additional draft picks for taking certain players so the teams could keep players the weren't able to protect wanted to keep. A few of the older players were becoming UFAs within a season or two, or were replaced by younger players so the vets were in a more reduced roll, but had the same cap hit (Neal, Perron, Fleury).

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Draft lottery is the best thing to ever happen to the NHL (although there are better plans out there). Google the Gold Plan for a really interesting take on it.

NHL has huge parity though, teams can go from bottom to competing very quickly (much faster than in the NBA or MLB for example). The last two years the team that finished with the worst record in the league has made the playoffs the next season, Leafs with Matthews and the Avs this year (Avs even lost the lottery and had a bad draft pick). It makes it easier to stay connected for a fan base to not have to ensure a painful long-term rebuild.

I'm just not a big fan of a “lottery” for the picks. Yes, the NHL has done a good job of keeping things even from top to bottom in the league in regards to parity.

Caps vs Pens this evening!  Will be a great series.  Let's GO CAPS will be chanted in the NUT CAVE all night long!! 

Not going so good for the Bolts....☹️

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

The caps are gonna have to start playing in this series if they want to actually win a cup for once

• Like 1

Not going so good for the Bolts....☹️

I missed the whole game, unfortunately. The Bruins won big in their first game against the Leafs and look at how that series panned out. I think this one's going 7 games too.

• Like 3

This Winnipeg-Nashville series is shaping up to be a great one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I missed the whole game, unfortunately. The Bruins won big in their first game against the Leafs and look at how that series panned out. I think this one's going 7 games too.

Maybe.  Big difference to me is that against the Leafs they did it on home ice, and against Tampa they did it on the road.  They've essentially taken home ice away, and that can be huge.

Damn that was another sick OT game between the sharks and knights

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I fell asleep that is a series right there though. Not many new teams can do what Vegas has.

William Karlsson is a stud this year. The Columbus Blue Jackets exposed him in the expansion draft and gave Vegas their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2019 and David Clarksons bad contract to ensure Vegas would take Karlsson instead of another player off their roster.

Think Columbus would like a do-over on that deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great Lightning win last night - sorry Sportsman

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Great Lightning win last night - sorry Sportsman

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I was thinking about this thread last night, hoping everyone else would have forgotten about it.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I've been so busy I haven't been able to watch much even if the flyers were still in I'm not sure how much I would be able to watch.

The caps are gonna have to start playing in this series if they want to actually win a cup for once

they did the past two games.. now they can clinch in Pittsburgh which would be awesome!!!

• Like 1

they did the past two games.. now they can clinch in Pittsburgh which would be awesome!!!

My brother and sister were at the game last night. Must've been a fantastic atmosphere and I can't wait to hear their report.

Knowing the Caps (and Penguins for that matter), we can still probably expect a game 7.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I cannot watch that series even if I wanted to. Every time I turn a game on the pens score and/or I have to mute the game because the announcers have a absurd amount of love for the penguins and it pisses me off.

• Like 3