Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Can’t understand

robertson153

It's time for an illustration. To his original post, he said he was topping and pulling his irons.

Which of these (ahem, long club) swings would promote a topping and pulling shot if struck incorrectly?

IMG_6054.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

everyone one of those backswing positions has won a major championship.Aka Raymond Floyd/Curtis Strange/Fred Couples/Ernie Els

Ray Floyd was extremely flat and inside

Fred Couples looked like he barely turned

Ernie Els was the model swing

They all won using what many would say are swing faults

everyone one of those backswing positions has won a major championship.Aka Raymond Floyd/Curtis Strange/Fred Couples/Ernie Els

Ray Floyd was extremely flat and inside

Fred Couples looked like he barely turned

Ernie Els was the model swing

They all won using what many would say are swing faults

Ray Floyd and Fred Couples are Masters champions and Ryder Cup studs.

Ernie Els is a multiple major winner.

Robertson153 is just one of us, struggling with some swing inconsistencies.

Not the same.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Ray Floyd and Fred Couples are Masters champions and Ryder Cup studs.

Ernie Els is a multiple major winner.

Robertson153 is just one of us, struggling with some swing inconsistencies.

Not the same.

Not the same? Than how can anyone be wrong if they all worked? Your basically pigeon holing people into a one size fits all academia. The swing is a match up game per individual. Your basically picking a backswing for him that may never match up with his other movements. *face palm*

Not the same? Than how can anyone be wrong if they all worked? Your basically pigeon holing people into a one size fits all academia. The swing is a match up game per individual. Your basically picking a backswing for him that may never match up with his other movements. *face palm*

I've tried to explain it without success and I've taken up enough of this thread doing so. If he's swinging a shorter club as he would a longer one it would explain his difficulties.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I've tried to explain it without success and I've taken up enough of this thread doing so. If he's swinging a shorter club as he would a longer one it would explain his difficulties.

without seeing his swing it's just a waste of our times.Just remember there really is no right or wrong way to play this game.Only real imperative is impact

I'm still checking in on this thread. I'm also appreciating the responses.

I cant comment on your swing but I can say what my issue was that produced similar results i.e woods and long irons decent, other irons pulled, topped, thinned or fat! sound familiar?

I went to a TPI coach who put the swing vest on with sensors which clearly showed a sway backwards in the downswing of 14*. You can get away with that with woods but not irons as you need to 'cover' the strike with your chest not sway away from it.

Hope that helps. Good luck as its very frustrating this game we all love ;)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

without seeing his swing it's just a waste of our times.Just remember there really is no right or wrong way to play this game.Only real imperative is impact

bit harsh! any positive comments are helpful on a forum, sometimes its just about sharing for others as well as the OP.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Are you turning this into a DeChambeau, one-length club type of thing? :blink:

Because if I put my 9-iron swing on my 3-wood I'm going to stick it into the ground, lay the sod over it, and hit it about 100 yards. And if I put my 3-wood swing on my 9-iron I'm more liable to not take a divot, hit it thin, hit a liner that goes 20 yards further than intended, that's got no chance of stopping on the green, and leaving me screaming at the ball to get down.....

I dunno, now I'm really confused - because every lesson I took as a youth, and every lesson I've given since then, is apparently wrong. :wacko:

I don't see the Rev doing that at all. 

As others have noted, setup, ball placement and tee height position all help vary your AoA and how you're hitting the ball. 

I vary the width of my stance and where I put the ball, but other than that, I swing the same way. The game is hard enough without trying to remember to do different things based on the club in my hands. That's how I learned from the pro who's teaching clicked with me.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Not saying this is the cure. If you think you are outside to in with your irons. Place a tee behind the ball about one club length and one ball past the ball. And then place another tee one club length in front of the ball one ball closer to you. Swing through the gate, don't hit the tees. It will force inside to out swing and will correct over the top across the body pulls in many instances.

Great point Rob and something that could easily have been missed. I was intrigued to hear him suggest a heavier shaft for you. Usually goes the other way.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yeah Stroker, exactly what my thought process had been previously.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived