Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

New Ping Irons to be released

Doc1

So I was at a Demo Day this past Friday (6/16/18) hitting irons and the Ping Rep mentioned that Ping was going to release a new iron.  He didn't know that date and didn't say what they were,  Anyone heard this rumor ?

You can check out this is this thread on the Ping i210 that were spotted on Tour and this MGS article on new forged tour irons and forged glide wedges.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

wish i knew this before pulling the trigger on something else... and holding out for the i200 discount!! ;) 

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :Fuji: Motore X F3 R 

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), Project X LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

I can't believe they did away with the i200's a whole month before releasing the i210. Stupid really I had them in my cart from golf discount and had 4-pa black dot with x100's. I needed one more paycheck and then I came back to the cart and it said sold out. I did searches and found either mgs or golfwrx saying discontinued etc. called ping and they confirmed. They also said it took them by surprise because one day there were taking orders and then they were told to stop.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I have bee watching used left handed i200's on ebay and have the impression price's have been dropping fast. I know what angle I need and shaft flex. I have a Glide 2.0 58 degree wedge and it is absolutely one of my favorite short game clubs.

Driver Taylor Made M2 Ping G 3 wood 14.5 loftPing G hybrid 19Hogan Radial 3-PW(forged circa 1989)Evnroll ER2, Golf bag, old and worn out circa 1989

It's crazy. Inexplicable really. I'm wanting to buy a set of i200s and Golf Galaxy will not sell them to me. That's right, they have them in stock, and they were told not to sell them. How fishy does that sound? The i210s won't be released until July 31 according to the sales rep at Golf Galaxy. I'm ready to buy right now and Ping is turning away my money and risking a lost sale (I might not have the patience to wait for the i210s). Why? There has to be a reason. "This is highly unusual" said the sales manager at Golf Galaxy. Yeah it is. How is it possible that you have a set of irons IN STOCK and you won't sell them? 

There's something wrong with the i200s. That's my guess. They have a defect and Ping doesn't want to accept any more exposure than they already have. The face is caving in. The insert is popping out. They're spending $$ repairing too many i200s and they've decided enough is enough. That's my theory. 

Imahack

It's crazy. Inexplicable really. I'm wanting to buy a set of i200s and Golf Galaxy will not sell them to me. That's right, they have them in stock, and they were told not to sell them. How fishy does that sound? The i210s won't be released until July 31 according to the sales rep at Golf Galaxy. I'm ready to buy right now and Ping is turning away my money and risking a lost sale (I might not have the patience to wait for the i210s). Why? There has to be a reason. "This is highly unusual" said the sales manager at Golf Galaxy. Yeah it is. How is it possible that you have a set of irons IN STOCK and you won't sell them?

There's something wrong with the i200s. That's my guess. They have a defect and Ping doesn't want to accept any more exposure than they already have. The face is caving in. The insert is popping out. They're spending $$ repairing too many i200s and they've decided enough is enough. That's my theory.

Imahack

Nothing wrong with the i200s. Ping discontinued the model and you can't buy them anywhere. If there was issues with them ping would have addressed that a long time ago not right before a new release

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Nothing wrong with the i200s. Ping discontinued the model and you can't buy them anywhere. If there was issues with them ping would have addressed that a long time ago not right before a new release

I hear ya. It's just down right annoying. What does Ping care if Golf Galaxy sells the last set of irons they have in stock. Ping gets my money and Golf Galaxy sells a set. Why is it so important to remove the irons that are in stock 28+ days before they release the new irons? It makes no sense to me.

Well, well. Looks like my mint i200 3-Gap set should gather some interest in a week or two

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I hear ya. It's just down right annoying. What does Ping care if Golf Galaxy sells the last set of irons they have in stock. Ping gets my money and Golf Galaxy sells a set. Why is it so important to remove the irons that are in stock 28+ days before they release the new irons? It makes no sense to me.

I can't soeak for why they decided to discontinue but they are usually pretty good at inventory control and since they had stopped customer orders several weeks ago it makes sense to pull back the inventory they have in retail shops. Iirc the i210s can be ordered next week and ready to be shipped and received on the release date. Discontinuing models and the stopping of sales on consumer good at the end of a cycle happens.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Will this release drop the price on the G400's do you think?  I just tested those at a Ping demo this past winter and they felt and performed pretty darn nice.  Enough to get me away from my one owner PE2's dunno, but if the price drops, that will increase the tease.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Will this release drop the price on the G400's do you think? I just tested those at a Ping demo this past winter and they felt and performed pretty darn nice. Enough to get me away from my one owner PE2's dunno, but if the price drops, that will increase the tease.

Nope. G400 is latest release on the g lineup. Since these are i210 and i500 the price drop cake on the i200 and then the discontinuation of i200. I don't recall seeing a price drop on iBlade.

The one thing you can count on with ping is 18-24 month release cycles. With the addition of the g iron line several years ago it's now basically every year an iron set comes out. One year is g the next i

Nope. G400 is latest release on the g lineup. Since these are i210 and i500 the price drop cake on the i200 and then the discontinuation of i200. I don't recall seeing a price drop on iBlade.

The one thing you can count on with ping is 18-24 month release cycles. With the addition of the g iron line several years ago it's now basically every year an iron set comes out. One year is g the next i

What about the G700's?  I find marketing really fascinating. Between my fly fishing and golf hobbies, I could have put an even bigger dent in my bank account had I stayed current with the latest.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

What about the G700's? I find marketing really fascinating. Between my fly fishing and golf hobbies, I could have put an even bigger dent in my bank account had I stayed current with the latest.

G700 are current release too. I don't remember if they were a fall release or beginning of 2018 so they are early in their 17-24 month cycle.

If looking for something at a cheaper price like the g700 on a discount check out titleist 716 tmb. For the g400 look at the previous ping releases in the g series or TaylorMade m1/2 irons

I know where there is a used set of g700 black dot reg flex nippon Modus 105 with 2 rounds on them selling for 25% off retail. They were just returned to the golf store in the area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

So I went across town to a different Golf Galaxy and bought the last set of i200s they had. Not a word spoken about Ping wishing to stop all sales of these irons. Someone gave someone bad info. All is well that ends well.

Imahack

Sorry, but you aren't getting my i200 PW.  Freaking love that club.  Regarding the rest of this mystery, it all seems strange to me.  Seems like the i200 only came out a little bit ago.  Ping is starting to get ridiculous with all of these new iron releases overlapping so soon after one another.  I mean, I bought a set of G irons last year, and if I had know the G700 irons would be coming I sure wouldn't have pulled the trigger on those G's  I have a G700 UW and SW and absolutely love them.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

G700 are current release too. I don't remember if they were a fall release or beginning of 2018 so they are early in their 17-24 month cycle.

If looking for something at a cheaper price like the g700 on a discount check out titleist 716 tmb. For the g400 look at the previous ping releases in the g series or TaylorMade m1/2 irons

G700 just came out at the end of March.  I know because I had to preorder them through a friend a few weeks before the release date, which I think was March 28th.  Absolutely LOVE my UW and SW from the G700 line.  Freaking awesome clubs.

What about the G700's?  I find marketing really fascinating. Between my fly fishing and golf hobbies, I could have put an even bigger dent in my bank account had I stayed current with the latest.  

What about the G700's?  See my previous two posts in this topic.

I'm excited to see PING get back into the forged game. But I'm happy with my GMax irons as I still need all the forgiveness a SGI set offers so I really don't need an upgrade...yet. Also the wedge swap-out with the Glide 2.0's is still on honeymoon, but I'm fixin' to grab up one of those new forged wedges and have a little something "special" done to it courtesy of Adam & MGS... :ph34r: That will have to wait for another thread... B)

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

G700 just came out at the end of March. I know because I had to preorder them through a friend a few weeks before the release date, which I think was March 28th. Absolutely LOVE my UW and SW from the G700 line. Freaking awesome clubs.

They were launched in January at the PGA Show and released in March as you said. I tried for 2 days at the show to hit them. Finally in the third day, I went straight to the demo range as soon as the doors opened. And it was instant

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I absolutely love my i200's. But very curious about the i500's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I would love to test-out the i210 after finding the i200 not such a good fit. That was the first set of Ping irons I didn't mesh with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Anyone here about Ping Prodi G Woods, hybrids, etc.?

Driver - Callaway Paradym 10.5

4 wood - Callaway UW 17 degree

7 wood - Titleist TSR 2

Irons - Callaway Apex TCP 4-PW

Wedges - 50 & 54 Callaway Jaws

Wedge - 58 Callaway PM Grind

Putter - Odyssey O-Works V Line Fang CH Red

Hitting the i210 and i500 @ noon today. They look beautiful...

Might be time to upgrade from ie1.

Ping i59

Ping G410 - 5W 

Ping G410 - 3W 

Ping G525 LST

Ping Ally C + 60 other Ping putter and assorted others

Archived