Doc1

New Ping Irons to be released

Our Sponsors

So I was at a Demo Day this past Friday (6/16/18) hitting irons and the Ping Rep mentioned that Ping was going to release a new iron.  He didn't know that date and didn't say what they were,  Anyone heard this rumor ?

You can check out this is this thread on the Ping i210 that were spotted on Tour and this MGS article on new forged tour irons and forged glide wedges.

• Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TS3 (8.5*) - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ White 70X , 1" short & tipped 1", 4 extra grams of head weight

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TS3 (14.25*) - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ White 80X, 2 extra grams of head weight

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

CURRENTLY TESTING THE HONMA TR20 DRIVER

• Like 1

Driver (main): Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

Driver (back-up): Titliest 915 D3 (9.5) with Fujikura Speeder Shaft 757 (Tour Stiff)

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: PING i200 4-PW in XP 95 shafts with S300 flex (+ 3 iron)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1X, Srixon Z-Star ZV & Taylormade TP5X

I was told last weekend not to buy the i200 I wanted, since Ping would soon be introducing the i200S.

• Like 1

wish i knew this before pulling the trigger on something else... and holding out for the i200 discount!! ;) 

:cobra-small:  Fly Z +, Stiff

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, Stiff

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-GW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

Right handed

New Jersey, USA

Handicap: 15

Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips

Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

I can't believe they did away with the i200's a whole month before releasing the i210. Stupid really I had them in my cart from golf discount and had 4-pa black dot with x100's. I needed one more paycheck and then I came back to the cart and it said sold out. I did searches and found either mgs or golfwrx saying discontinued etc. called ping and they confirmed. They also said it took them by surprise because one day there were taking orders and then they were told to stop.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I have bee watching used left handed i200's on ebay and have the impression price's have been dropping fast. I know what angle I need and shaft flex. I have a Glide 2.0 58 degree wedge and it is absolutely one of my favorite short game clubs.

• Like 2

Driver Taylor Made M2 Ping G 3 wood 14.5 loftPing G hybrid 19Hogan Radial 3-PW(forged circa 1989)Evnroll ER2, Golf bag, old and worn out circa 1989

It's crazy. Inexplicable really. I'm wanting to buy a set of i200s and Golf Galaxy will not sell them to me. That's right, they have them in stock, and they were told not to sell them. How fishy does that sound? The i210s won't be released until July 31 according to the sales rep at Golf Galaxy. I'm ready to buy right now and Ping is turning away my money and risking a lost sale (I might not have the patience to wait for the i210s). Why? There has to be a reason. "This is highly unusual" said the sales manager at Golf Galaxy. Yeah it is. How is it possible that you have a set of irons IN STOCK and you won't sell them? 

There's something wrong with the i200s. That's my guess. They have a defect and Ping doesn't want to accept any more exposure than they already have. The face is caving in. The insert is popping out. They're spending $$ repairing too many i200s and they've decided enough is enough. That's my theory. 

Imahack

It's crazy. Inexplicable really. I'm wanting to buy a set of i200s and Golf Galaxy will not sell them to me. That's right, they have them in stock, and they were told not to sell them. How fishy does that sound? The i210s won't be released until July 31 according to the sales rep at Golf Galaxy. I'm ready to buy right now and Ping is turning away my money and risking a lost sale (I might not have the patience to wait for the i210s). Why? There has to be a reason. "This is highly unusual" said the sales manager at Golf Galaxy. Yeah it is. How is it possible that you have a set of irons IN STOCK and you won't sell them?

There's something wrong with the i200s. That's my guess. They have a defect and Ping doesn't want to accept any more exposure than they already have. The face is caving in. The insert is popping out. They're spending $$ repairing too many i200s and they've decided enough is enough. That's my theory.

Imahack

Nothing wrong with the i200s. Ping discontinued the model and you can't buy them anywhere. If there was issues with them ping would have addressed that a long time ago not right before a new release
  • Like 2

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Nothing wrong with the i200s. Ping discontinued the model and you can't buy them anywhere. If there was issues with them ping would have addressed that a long time ago not right before a new release

I hear ya. It's just down right annoying. What does Ping care if Golf Galaxy sells the last set of irons they have in stock. Ping gets my money and Golf Galaxy sells a set. Why is it so important to remove the irons that are in stock 28+ days before they release the new irons? It makes no sense to me.

Well, well. Looks like my mint i200 3-Gap set should gather some interest in a week or two

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I hear ya. It's just down right annoying. What does Ping care if Golf Galaxy sells the last set of irons they have in stock. Ping gets my money and Golf Galaxy sells a set. Why is it so important to remove the irons that are in stock 28+ days before they release the new irons? It makes no sense to me.

I can't soeak for why they decided to discontinue but they are usually pretty good at inventory control and since they had stopped customer orders several weeks ago it makes sense to pull back the inventory they have in retail shops. Iirc the i210s can be ordered next week and ready to be shipped and received on the release date. Discontinuing models and the stopping of sales on consumer good at the end of a cycle happens.

Will this release drop the price on the G400's do you think?  I just tested those at a Ping demo this past winter and they felt and performed pretty darn nice.  Enough to get me away from my one owner PE2's dunno, but if the price drops, that will increase the tease.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Will this release drop the price on the G400's do you think? I just tested those at a Ping demo this past winter and they felt and performed pretty darn nice. Enough to get me away from my one owner PE2's dunno, but if the price drops, that will increase the tease.

Nope. G400 is latest release on the g lineup. Since these are i210 and i500 the price drop cake on the i200 and then the discontinuation of i200. I don't recall seeing a price drop on iBlade.

The one thing you can count on with ping is 18-24 month release cycles. With the addition of the g iron line several years ago it's now basically every year an iron set comes out. One year is g the next i

• Like 3

Nope. G400 is latest release on the g lineup. Since these are i210 and i500 the price drop cake on the i200 and then the discontinuation of i200. I don't recall seeing a price drop on iBlade.

The one thing you can count on with ping is 18-24 month release cycles. With the addition of the g iron line several years ago it's now basically every year an iron set comes out. One year is g the next i

What about the G700's?  I find marketing really fascinating. Between my fly fishing and golf hobbies, I could have put an even bigger dent in my bank account had I stayed current with the latest.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

What about the G700's? I find marketing really fascinating. Between my fly fishing and golf hobbies, I could have put an even bigger dent in my bank account had I stayed current with the latest.

G700 are current release too. I don't remember if they were a fall release or beginning of 2018 so they are early in their 17-24 month cycle.

If looking for something at a cheaper price like the g700 on a discount check out titleist 716 tmb. For the g400 look at the previous ping releases in the g series or TaylorMade m1/2 irons

• Like 1

I know where there is a used set of g700 black dot reg flex nippon Modus 105 with 2 rounds on them selling for 25% off retail. They were just returned to the golf store in the area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :callaway-small: Mavrik 23°

Irons:    :ping-small: i500 5, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

:ping-small: i200 6-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

So I went across town to a different Golf Galaxy and bought the last set of i200s they had. Not a word spoken about Ping wishing to stop all sales of these irons. Someone gave someone bad info. All is well that ends well.

• Like 2

Just watched Finau hit the new i500, sounds really high pitched. (On TV)