Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Our Sponsors

Hi Spies!  I'm just starting off with the forum so I figured this was a good place to start:

1. I have been playing golf for about 15 years.  I put my clubs up after a year of college golf for 6 years and have recently gotten back into the game.  My typical handicap is between an 8-10.

2. I love the challenge of golf.  You can have the best round of your life and the next day it all fall apart.  It's truly a game that can never be won, only played.

3. I am really interested to be involved with product testing and meet more golf enthusiast.

4. I'm from Virginia Beach, VA. I currently don't have a "home course", but I spend most of my time at Virginia Beach National.

5. The best thing about golf in Hampton Roads is access to a number of different course.  They all vary in challenge and layout, so you never get bored.  The downside is no elevation change.  As I get back into tournament golf it's hard getting used to clubbing up and down in hilly regions.

6. I'm a registered Architect.

7. Combination of my childhood nickname and football number from high school.

Edited by WillieP77
  • Like 4

Driver:   tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg M5 Tour 9*/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6 - X-Flex 

Wood:   tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg M5 Rocket 3 Wood 14*/ Tour AD DI - S-Flex 

Hybrid:  tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg M3 19*/ Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec - S-Flex

Irons:     :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Tour 4-PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedge: :vokey-small: SM7 50*, 54*, 58* /True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Putter:    :scotty-small:  Del Mar 35"

Balls:       :callaway-small: Chromesoft Truvis

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What’s up guys. With my brain and game on quarantine it felt like a good enough to officially start posting.    im based in Brooklyn, play mostly public golf in the New York area but got a car

How long have you been playing golf? A; Since I watched Tiger dominate the field at the 97 Masters! What’s your handicap or normal score? A: according to the new GHIN it is 4.8 index, after this

Hi,   I've been playing golf for about 15 years now. It happened by accident as I never thought I would be this addicted to the game. Not to mention waste a Saturday and Sunday afternoon watching

Posted Images

Welcome Willie, I know what you mean about playing on only flat lies.  In my area, the biggest hill on the course is usually on the side of bunkers where they had to dig them out originally.  You will enjoy this site.  Lots of great people!

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

14 hours ago, WillieP77 said:

Hi Spies!  I'm just starting off with the forum so I figured this was a good place to start:

1. I have been playing golf for about 15 years.  I put my clubs up after a year of college golf for 6 years and have recently gotten back into the game.  My typical handicap is between an 8-10.

2. I love the challenge of golf.  You can have the best round of your life and the next day it all fall apart.  It's truly a game that can never be won, only played.

3. I am really interested to be involved with product testing and meet more golf enthusiast.

4. I'm from Virginia Beach, VA. I currently don't have a "home course", but I spend most of my time at Virginia Beach National.

5. The best thing about golf in Hampton Roads is access to a number of different course.  They all vary in challenge and layout, so you never get bored.  The downside is no elevation change.  As I get back into tournament golf it's hard getting used to clubbing up and down in hilly regions.

6. I'm a registered Architect.

7. Combination of my childhood nickname and football number from high school.

Welcome and you are right in the back yard of HQ.   They are in Yorktwon and have an open door policy,  you should drop in sometime and I know Sam and Harry would be happy to show you around. 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• 2 months later...

Hi fellow Spies!   

Well, the weather is too cold to golf and my favorite football team (Steelers) didn't make the playoffs so I'm finally out of excuses to give an introduction (other than my own procrastination!)

I've been golfing off and on for 25 years but only about 4 to 5 rounds a year until I decided to get more serious about the game this year.  I turned the big 50 and decided it was time.  I've always loved the game but struggled to find the time to hit the course.  I'm a 25 handicap but hope to work that down over the next couple years with some extra dedication to practice.   I got a Swing Caddie SC200 for Christmas so looking forward to some garage practice sessions this winter!

I live in Central PA between Harrisburg and York and play mostly courses in the York area.  

I started following MGS 2 years when I was upgrading my equipment and found it to be hands down the best site for honest information and reviews.  That's led to an obsession (as my wife calls it) of trying & buying different clubs and equipment.   I play a mix of Callaway, Cobra, and TaylorMade clubs but I've really become of fan of Cobra one length clubs and have been moving more towards them.   I used to play any type of ball but Srixon became my favorite this past year so I'll stick with them for now.     

Nothing special about my username.  It was an old work ID from years ago that I always use on forums because I can remember it and no one else ever has the same one. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:  Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

Fairway:  Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5

Hybrids:  Cobra F7 (3/4);  Cobra F8 (5)

Irons:  Cobra F7 OL 6-GW

Wedge:  Cleveland CBX 54*/58*

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force 2

8 hours ago, Rwagn4 said:

Hi fellow Spies!   

Well, the weather is too cold to golf and my favorite football team (Steelers) didn't make the playoffs so I'm finally out of excuses to give an introduction (other than my own procrastination!)

I've been golfing off and on for 25 years but only about 4 to 5 rounds a year until I decided to get more serious about the game this year.  I turned the big 50 and decided it was time.  I've always loved the game but struggled to find the time to hit the course.  I'm a 25 handicap but hope to work that down over the next couple years with some extra dedication to practice.   I got a Swing Caddie SC200 for Christmas so looking forward to some garage practice sessions this winter!

I live in Central PA between Harrisburg and York and play mostly courses in the York area.  

I started following MGS 2 years when I was upgrading my equipment and found it to be hands down the best site for honest information and reviews.  That's led to an obsession (as my wife calls it) of trying & buying different clubs and equipment.   I play a mix of Callaway, Cobra, and TaylorMade clubs but I've really become of fan of Cobra one length clubs and have been moving more towards them.   I used to play any type of ball but Srixon became my favorite this past year so I'll stick with them for now.     

Nothing special about my username.  It was an old work ID from years ago that I always use on forums because I can remember it and no one else ever has the same one. 

Welcome.  Glad you jumped in on the forum.  You'll find lots of helpful advice here....especially when it comes to buying more clubs.   Ha 

We have a couple active members right in your backyard.   I'm not far away down near Baltimore.   

Hopefully we'll get an outing or two together early this year.  It's always a good time when spies get together. 

• Like 3

Hi fellow Spies!   

Welcome - nice intro by the way. We have a bunch of SC200 users here in case you have questions. Keep us posted on your SC 200 use in the garage. I tried using it at one of our sims in town and it didn't work very well.- not sure if it was because of the short distance from tee to screen. On the other hand it works quite well for me on the (outdoor) range.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Glad to be on here finally - don't know what took me so long!

I'm a shade over 50 and have been playing golf for most of my life. I've always really enjoyed it but started to get a little more serious about it when we moved down to Charlottesville VA about 10 years ago. I was probably somewhere around a 12 index when we moved. I've gotten down to a 7 but have really plateaud the last couple of years. I've tried using video a lot of late to work on my swing, but even though the flaws are pretty obvious I've been unsuccessful in making any significant improvements, at least so far. The biggest weakness in my game, by far, is my iron and wedge game - I waste more strokes there than anywhere else.

Equipment-wise, I've been playing the Cobra F7 driver for about three years now. I still really like it. It's my third Cobra driver and I've enjoyed them all. I use an older Adams 3-wood and hybrid that I've had for probably about 5 years now. Can't even remember exactly which model they are. I finally swapped out my old Ping i20 irons last year. I did a fitting at my club and ended up with Mizuno Hot Metal Pros. The fitting was not a great experience; I ended up having to have the clubs shipped back to Mizuno to have the shafts swapped out. I originally had Project X LZ shafts in there and could not hit them to save my life. I swapped them out for Modus 105's, and the lighter shaft made a big difference for me. I would say my current opinion on the HMP's is that I like but don't love them. I use 54* and 60* Vokey wedges. The 60* I've had for eons and should probably think about replacing, but I still love it. I switched to an Odyssey #7 Tank putter about 3 years ago and that has been beneficial for me, especially on short putts. The last two years the AVX has been my ball of choice. I have a very high ball flight and feel like the low launch of the AVX helps me, especially with finding fairways from the tee.

Nothing special about my username; like Rwagn4 it's just an old one that I can still remember.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be on here. I really admire what this site has tried to do regarding the golf equipment business and would love the chance to get involved in product testing at some point.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, clp34vmp said:

Glad to be on here finally - don't know what took me so long!

I'm a shade over 50 and have been playing golf for most of my life. I've always really enjoyed it but started to get a little more serious about it when we moved down to Charlottesville VA about 10 years ago. I was probably somewhere around a 12 index when we moved. I've gotten down to a 7 but have really plateaud the last couple of years. I've tried using video a lot of late to work on my swing, but even though the flaws are pretty obvious I've been unsuccessful in making any significant improvements, at least so far. The biggest weakness in my game, by far, is my iron and wedge game - I waste more strokes there than anywhere else.

Equipment-wise, I've been playing the Cobra F7 driver for about three years now. I still really like it. It's my third Cobra driver and I've enjoyed them all. I use an older Adams 3-wood and hybrid that I've had for probably about 5 years now. Can't even remember exactly which model they are. I finally swapped out my old Ping i20 irons last year. I did a fitting at my club and ended up with Mizuno Hot Metal Pros. The fitting was not a great experience; I ended up having to have the clubs shipped back to Mizuno to have the shafts swapped out. I originally had Project X LZ shafts in there and could not hit them to save my life. I swapped them out for Modus 105's, and the lighter shaft made a big difference for me. I would say my current opinion on the HMP's is that I like but don't love them. I use 54* and 60* Vokey wedges. The 60* I've had for eons and should probably think about replacing, but I still love it. I switched to an Odyssey #7 Tank putter about 3 years ago and that has been beneficial for me, especially on short putts. The last two years the AVX has been my ball of choice. I have a very high ball flight and feel like the low launch of the AVX helps me, especially with finding fairways from the tee.

Nothing special about my username; like Rwagn4 it's just an old one that I can still remember.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be on here. I really admire what this site has tried to do regarding the golf equipment business and would love the chance to get involved in product testing at some point.

Great to have you on board and in the neighborhood.   I can relate to your iron shaft problem, I had the same experience a few years back with a set that I swear I was getting 20 yards less than I was at the demo day.   Swapped out the shafts to one I knew worked for me and all was right again.

I am going to make every effort in the world to get down to Spring Creek again this year....had a round rained out last year.   If I do I'll try to let you know to see if you're available to go around with an old short hitting hacker 🙂

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great to have you on board and in the neighborhood.   I can relate to your iron shaft problem, I had the same experience a few years back with a set that I swear I was getting 20 yards less than I was at the demo day.   Swapped out the shafts to one I knew worked for me and all was right again.

I am going to make every effort in the world to get down to Spring Creek again this year....had a round rained out last year.   If I do I'll try to let you know to see if you're available to go around with an old short hitting hacker 🙂

Would love that, Spring Creek is always fun and in great shape. Let me know.

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker, new member though!

I've loved reading the reviews and opinions on here for quite some time. It has definitly influence my club and equipment interests over the years.

I'm from Reading PA and play golf about twice a week once the weather turns.

Glad to be apart of the community!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Pkellz25 said:

Hey everyone!

I've loved reading the reviews and opinions on here for quite some time. It has definitly influence my club and equipment interests over the years.

Welcome from Delaware!  You will enjoy this site, everyone is great!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

8 hours ago, Pkellz25 said:

Hey everyone!

Glad you jumped in.  Lots of good golf conversation going on.  

• Like 1

Hi fellow Spies!   

Wait a minute....I live in between Harrisburg and York...haha. Where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Cool - I'm just off I83 - between Manchester and Dover.   Where are you?

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:  Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

Fairway:  Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5

Hybrids:  Cobra F7 (3/4);  Cobra F8 (5)

Irons:  Cobra F7 OL 6-GW

Wedge:  Cleveland CBX 54*/58*

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force 2

Cool - I'm just off I83 - between Manchester and Dover.   Where are you?

Ha. I’m in Etters right off of 83. Newberrytown exit! You can’t be more than 20 minutes from me. I play a lot of Valley Green but also tend to drift to Royal Manchester and other clubs in York

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  - I have been play golf since I was in middle school.  Not seriously untill the last 2 years.

2. What do you love about golf?  - It is a game of constant improvement.  Equipment, Skill, and Practice - each day is something knew, but always improving. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I love the research that has been put into all of the equipment.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Pittsburgh, PA but call Richmond, VA my home now.  I came to play football for the Richmond Spiders won a national championship and met my wife.  We now live on a golf course - Magnolia Green in Chesterfield, VA.  It is my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Best great golf all around from Charlottesville to Richmond to Williamsburg no shortage of options within an hour drive.  Worst thing about golf in mid-Atlantic is lack of short courses and alternative play options.  I love to play but can't always fit in 18. 

6. What do you do for a living?  GIS IT Consulting 

7. How’d you pick your user name? last name + football # (go spiders!) 

Driver - Callaway Flash 

3 Wood - F7 

Callaway Apex - 21 degree 

Wilson FG Tour F5 - 4-P 

Cleveland RTX 3 CB (50,54,58)

Titleist Scotty Cameron - Newport 2   

• Like 1

Mccracken79@gmail.com

On 1/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I am going to make every effort in the world to get down to Spring Creek again this year

Great place for a Spy meetup...

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

1 hour ago, mccracken79 said:

I am from Pittsburgh, PA but call Richmond, VA my home now.  I came to play football for the Richmond Spiders won a national championship and met my wife.

Welcome to the forum from another RVA Spy.  So with you, me, @Tarheelvolvo, @Maltenator and @JimNantzsToast that makes five of us here in the River City.  Add in a few in Charlottesville and Hampton Roads and we could get a couple of foursomes together for an I-64 corridor meetup round.

• Like 4

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since I was 5. I played to a 10 when I was young and had no responsibility. Then there was a long stretch of very infrequent and casual golf during my career  I have semi retired and want to work on getting back to a 10 or lower from my current 17 .

2. What do you love about golf? Everything.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came across threads a couple of times researching equipment. I decided to join in as I am serious about improving my game  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from eastern Long Island and have been in Westchester for 3 years. I’ll be going to the beach less and to the course more. I play Westchester County courses and Split Rock in the Bronx as”home” courses, but I am interested in discovering new courses within a 2 hour drive  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? So many courses. So many people  

6. What do you do for a living? Retired teacher, working part time  

7. How’d you pick your user name? Home and name

19 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Great place for a Spy meetup...

I could get behind it.  I know the staff there As it's one of our courses. if we worked around any member events.  I might be able to swing a deal.  

• Like 5