Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 minute ago, Rlgregg3232 said:

How long have you been playing golf? Just over a year.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I don’t have an official handicap, it’s definitely something I need to do but based on what I’ve read on how to calculate it’s around 14.

What do you love about golf? The way it keeps me coming back. Even if I’m having a terrible round, I’ll hit one beautiful shot that went exactly where I intended and it gets me right back in it. I also enjoy that while I’m playing I’m not thinking about work or anything really except hitting the ball, it’s really almost like therapy to me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A MyGolfSpy post popped up on my instagram feed “testers wanted”, which is an amazing concept. Also, besides my wife, I don’t really know any other golfers so it seemed like a good place to connect with people who want to talk about the same thing as me: GOLF. Don’t know any other spies yet.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Concord, NC but I’ve been living in Thomasville, GA for about 4 years. I moved here for work. I recently became a member of the local course, Country Oaks Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is definitely I can play basically year a round and the worst would be the summer heat. South Georgia is rather hot so I book the earliest tee times.

What do you do for a living? I’m an operations supervisor for a manufacturing facility that makes golf cart accessories.

How’d you pick your user name? It’s kinda my go to for social media. I think they’re all some sort of variation.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I don’t have an official handicap, it’s definitely something I need to do but based on what I’ve read on how to calculate it’s around 14.

What do you love about golf? The way it keeps me coming back. Even if I’m having a terrible round, I’ll hit one beautiful shot that went exactly where I intended and it gets me right back in it. I also enjoy that while I’m playing I’m not thinking about work or anything really except hitting the ball, it’s really almost like therapy to me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A MyGolfSpy post popped up on my instagram feed “testers wanted”, which is an amazing concept. Also, besides my wife, I don’t really know any other golfers so it seemed like a good place to connect with people who want to talk about the same thing as me: GOLF. Don’t know any other spies yet.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Concord, NC but I’ve been living in Thomasville, GA for about 4 years. I moved here for work. I recently became a member of the local course, Country Oaks Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is definitely I can play basically year a round and the worst would be the summer heat. South Georgia is rather hot so I book the earliest tee times.

What do you do for a living? I’m an operations supervisor for a manufacturing facility that makes golf cart accessories.

How’d you pick your user name? It’s kinda my go to for social media. I think they’re all some sort of variation.

Welcome… 

3 hours ago, Rlgregg3232 said:

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

3 hours ago, Rlgregg3232 said:

Welcome to the site!  I'm in Alabama, just over the Chattahoochee river, a little over 2 hours from you!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Welcome to all the new members! Hope you love it here as much as us regulars!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: Cobra RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5°
Fairway: Callaway Paradym 3HL 16.5°
Utility: Callaway Apex UW 19°
4 Hybrid: Cobra KING LTDx 21°
Irons: New Level 480-TC (Thanks to MGS for allowing me to test these!)
Wedges: Edison Golf 2.0 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter: L.A.B. Golf DF3 34"/67°
Ball: Maxfli Tour (Thanks to MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

On 5/6/2024 at 1:06 PM, donyell94 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf on and off for 14 years. I recently started playing twice a month and hitting the range about twice a week. My handicap right now is 14.8.

What do you love about golf? 

I love the challenge that golf brings. I love competing and in golf it feels like I am constantly trying to figure out new ways to hit a shot.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I really don't know many golfers in my area and I would love to hear opinions on clubs and things people did to improve. I currently don't know any other spies. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Tennessee and my home course is Swan Lake.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best and worst is the weather. We will have great weather and be able to golf with great weather for weeks and then big storm or courses close for the winter. 

What do you do for a living?

Currently a counselor working specifically with couples and families, but working on starting a small business.

How’d you pick your user name? 

My middle name and initials. 

I'm new to MyGolfSpy and Swan Lake has been my home course my entire golf career. Know that course too well.

Caleb C.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3

Fairway Woods: Titeist 915 3 wood & 3 hybrid 

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 4-PW with KBS tour shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, CCorley99 said:

I'm new to MyGolfSpy and Swan Lake has been my home course my entire golf career. Know that course too well.

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Hello all!! Super excited to get involved in this golf community. 

How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf since I was 5 years old. Competitively since I was 12 years old. Well over a decade.

What’s your handicap or normal score? My normal score range is high 70s to low 80s. But I am no stranger to the occasional very low round or "this is the worst game on the planet" round.

What do you love about golf? It has been my #1 hobby for a very long time. I enjoy everything about golf starting with the escape from reality to just being outside. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Years ago, I worked in the pro shop at my local country club. I was fascinating with the constant release of new equipment and the changing technology of golf. Since I am no longer working at a course, I have lost touch with new tech, equipment, clubs, etc. I want to get back into being up to date on the best stuff the golf world has to offer. I do not know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Tennessee born and raised. Home courses are Swan Lake and Clarksville Country Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best: great courses everywhere with a range in cost to play and quality. Places for championship caliber golf and the cheap quick round to make the wife not as mad. The worst: Tennessee winters can get brutal and kill everything. As courses begin to bounce back, everything could freeze again. The first few months of every golf season usually involve heavy course maintenance.

What do you do for a living? Currently a student dentist working on my D.D.S.. Golf is a cornerstone of my future career. 

How’d you pick your user name? Have used variations of this username for forever.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to being involved!! Enjoy this picture of me with my first set of Dunlop Locos! 

IMG_6080.jpeg

Caleb C.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3

Fairway Woods: Titeist 915 3 wood & 3 hybrid 

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 4-PW with KBS tour shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

37 minutes ago, CCorley99 said:

Hello all!! Super excited to get involved in this golf community. 

How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf since I was 5 years old. Competitively since I was 12 years old. Well over a decade.

What’s your handicap or normal score? My normal score range is high 70s to low 80s. But I am no stranger to the occasional very low round or "this is the worst game on the planet" round.

What do you love about golf? It has been my #1 hobby for a very long time. I enjoy everything about golf starting with the escape from reality to just being outside. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Years ago, I worked in the pro shop at my local country club. I was fascinating with the constant release of new equipment and the changing technology of golf. Since I am no longer working at a course, I have lost touch with new tech, equipment, clubs, etc. I want to get back into being up to date on the best stuff the golf world has to offer. I do not know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Tennessee born and raised. Home courses are Swan Lake and Clarksville Country Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best: great courses everywhere with a range in cost to play and quality. Places for championship caliber golf and the cheap quick round to make the wife not as mad. The worst: Tennessee winters can get brutal and kill everything. As courses begin to bounce back, everything could freeze again. The first few months of every golf season usually involve heavy course maintenance.

What do you do for a living? Currently a student dentist working on my D.D.S.. Golf is a cornerstone of my future career. 

How’d you pick your user name? Have used variations of this username for forever.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to being involved!! Enjoy this picture of me with my first set of Dunlop Locos! 

IMG_6080.jpeg

Welcome to MGS!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Welcome @CCorley99!!!

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Cookeville Tn since 2012, been playing golf for 45 yrs. I am a former US Regional Pro representing Brunswick bowling, I love golf for many reasons,I am always working and practicing for improvement. I am currently playing 90% Titleist equipment which complement my game. I play most of my local golf at Southern Hills Golf Course

WITB

Callaway Rouge ST Max D driver

Titleist TSR2 fairway 

Titleist Tsi2 fairway

Titleist TS2 Hybrid

Titleist T300 irons

Vokey Wedges SM8

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist LinkMaster bag

13 minutes ago, Cuzy51 said:

I live in Cookeville Tn since 2012, been playing golf for 45 yrs. I am a former US Regional Pro representing Brunswick bowling, I love golf for many reasons,I am always working and practicing for improvement. I am currently playing 90% Titleist equipment which complement my game. I play most of my local golf at Southern Hills Golf Course

Welcome to the Forum!

How long have you been playing golf?  I first played while I was in high school, but we didn’t have much money to play regularly. The next time I could learn to play was during a class in college, but that was just on the driving range. So I didn’t really pick up the game until I was in my mid-twenties. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 23. I usually shoot between 90-100. I’ve broken 90 once in my life, a few years ago. 

What do you love about golf? The walk through nature and being outside. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Don’t know any other Spies. I like MyGolfSpy because it seems like the best source of unbiased information. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently living in Huntsville, AL. Home course is the Huntsville Country Club. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can play and record USGA scores year round. Worst: summer is pretty hot and muggy. 

What do you do for a living? I work for the Missile Defense Agency. 

How’d you pick your user name? It’s from a nickname given to me from my ROTC rifle drill team. 

WITB:

PXG 0311 Gen 5 driver 

Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid 

Taylormade Stealth 5-9i, plus PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54° wedge

Wilson X-31 56° wedge

Odyssey DFX Two-ball putter 

10 hours ago, bigboid said:

How long have you been playing golf?  I first played while I was in high school, but we didn’t have much money to play regularly. The next time I could learn to play was during a class in college, but that was just on the driving range. So I didn’t really pick up the game until I was in my mid-twenties. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 23. I usually shoot between 90-100. I’ve broken 90 once in my life, a few years ago. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Don’t know any other Spies. I like MyGolfSpy because it seems like the best source of unbiased information. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently living in Huntsville, AL. Home course is the Huntsville Country Club. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can play and record USGA scores year round. Worst: summer is pretty hot and muggy. 

How’d you pick your user name? It’s from a nickname given to me from my ROTC rifle drill team. 

Welcome to the Forum!

12 hours ago, bigboid said:

Welcome!  Im from the polar opposite side of Alabama .  We have a number of members up that way!  @Samuel09152

WITB-

12 hours ago, bigboid said:

Well hello there friend! Hope all is good! I too as well from Huntsville love to see this!!! Let me know if I can help with anything!  I see @Rob Person has already welcomed you as well, he is from LA but is good people! 

Samuel Hanvey 

Hello I'm Steve.  I live in Raleigh NC, but also have a home in Mt Gilead NC.  I'm a member at Pine Needles and also Piney Point in Norwood.  I retired during the Pandemic, but it was really due to a severe back injury that I was afraid would prevent me from my long time working goal of retiring and playing golf every day.  While I haven't quite achieved this goal... I'm pretty close.  I started playing golf after I graduated from College but it wasn't until I moved to NC that I completely got the bug.  Honestly, I'm not quite sure why I love this game so much because it can be the most frustrating way to get out and get exercise known to man!  But I do love the challenge of me vs the course.  I'm competitive, however, I don't always like the me that comes out when I'm hyper focused on winning...  My greatest joy is now playing with my teenage boy even when we both play poorly.  

What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 14. I usually score in the mid 80's, depending on how well I'm driving or putting. ago. 

What do you love about golf? The walk through nature, being outside with friends

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the reviews, particularly ball reviews, but I also love John's stories about the history of companies.

Do you already know any other Spies? Don’t know any other Spies. I like MyGolfSpy because it seems like the best source of unbiased information. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can play and record USGA scores year round. Worst: slow play, particularly people playing from the wrong tees

How’d you pick your user name? I'm a Nut in North Carolina, and I'm a nut about golf.

40 minutes ago, NCGOLFNUT said:

Hello I'm Steve.  I live in Raleigh NC, but also have a home in Mt Gilead NC.  I'm a member at Pine Needles and also Piney Point in Norwood.  I retired during the Pandemic, but it was really due to a severe back injury that I was afraid would prevent me from my long time working goal of retiring and playing golf every day.  While I haven't quite achieved this goal... I'm pretty close.  I started playing golf after I graduated from College but it wasn't until I moved to NC that I completely got the bug.  Honestly, I'm not quite sure why I love this game so much because it can be the most frustrating way to get out and get exercise known to man!  But I do love the challenge of me vs the course.  I'm competitive, however, I don't always like the me that comes out when I'm hyper focused on winning...  My greatest joy is now playing with my teenage boy even when we both play poorly.  

What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 14. I usually score in the mid 80's, depending on how well I'm driving or putting. ago. 

What do you love about golf? The walk through nature, being outside with friends

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the reviews, particularly ball reviews, but I also love John's stories about the history of companies.

Do you already know any other Spies? Don’t know any other Spies. I like MyGolfSpy because it seems like the best source of unbiased information. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can play and record USGA scores year round. Worst: slow play, particularly people playing from the wrong tees

How’d you pick your user name? I'm a Nut in North Carolina, and I'm a nut about golf.

Welcome!

19 hours ago, NCGOLFNUT said:

Welcome to MGS!

WITB-

How long have you been playing golf?

this will be my third summer

What’s your handicap or normal score? 

the fact I can never perfect it. But in reality, everything 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I want to share my passion with other people who are passionate! 

chattanooga, TN 

brainerd golf course! 

some legendary courses in the area like the Honors and Sweetons Cove. Hands down the worst thing is the majority of courses are private  

What do you do for a living? 

portfolio manager for a wealth management firm  

How’d you pick your user name?

I love sailing and like the thought of being a captain. The number is a random choice because my birth year was already taken. 

Driver: TSR3 9 Degree W/ Tensai 1k White 6x 

Woods: TSR2 15 degree w/ Graphite Design AD DI 7X Tipped

Hybrids: G430 Max 3h & 4h w/ Ventus Blue 9x HB 

Irons: Miura KM700 5-PW w/ Axiom 105x shafts  

Wedges: Edel 5, 54, & 58 w/ BGT ZNE 115G shafts

Putter: Scotty Newport Super Select 2.5+ 

25 minutes ago, Captwilks67 said:

chattanooga, TN 

brainerd golf course! 

some legendary courses in the area like the Honors and Sweetons Cove. Hands down the worst thing is the majority of courses are private  

I love sailing and like the thought of being a captain. The number is a random choice because my birth year was already taken. 

Welcome aboard!

1 hour ago, Captwilks67 said:

chattanooga, TN 

brainerd golf course! 

Welcome!

3 hours ago, Captwilks67 said:

chattanooga, TN 

brainerd golf course! 

Welcome to the MGSpy world!!

WITB-

Welcome aboard @Captwilks67 & @NCGOLFNUT⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I live in Easley SC ,and am a member at Saluda Valley Country Club. I have loved the game for many years ( 30) but did not play often as I am somewhat an introvert. I would not play with people i did not know. Well about the age of 40 my give a darn quit working and I started playing whenever I can. This has led to many new friends and golf trips each year that i truly love, and my nephews have fell for the game in the last couple of years and now i have a regular foursome. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 13. I usually score in the mid 80's, depending on what Im not doing well that day. I very rarely tie it all together.

What do you love about golf?  Being outside and the camaraderie / ribbing between the group.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the reviews,  history of companies, and the wish list of course..

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can play and record USGA scores year round. Worst: slow play, 5 somes on weekends.

How’d you pick your user name? I was a Stinger crew chief in the Army which I joined in 1988

D TM Sim 2 65g Tensi Blue Stiff

3W TM Sim2 Ti 65g Tensi Blue Stiff

5W TM Sim2 Ti 65g Tensi Blue Stiff

4-G Maltby KE4 Max Matrix Ozik Program F15 85g Stiff

54º Cleveland CBX Project X Catalyst Spinner 80g

60º Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 Project X Catalyst Spinner 80g

2 hours ago, Stinger1988 said:

I live in Easley SC ,and am a member at Saluda Valley Country Club. I have loved the game for many years ( 30) but did not play often as I am somewhat an introvert. I would not play with people i did not know. Well about the age of 40 my give a darn quit working and I started playing whenever I can. This has led to many new friends and golf trips each year that i truly love, and my nephews have fell for the game in the last couple of years and now i have a regular foursome. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 13. I usually score in the mid 80's, depending on what Im not doing well that day. I very rarely tie it all together.

What do you love about golf?  Being outside and the camaraderie / ribbing between the group.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the reviews,  history of companies, and the wish list of course..

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can play and record USGA scores year round. Worst: slow play, 5 somes on weekends.

How’d you pick your user name? I was a Stinger crew chief in the Army which I joined in 1988

Welcome to MGS!

7 hours ago, Stinger1988 said:

Welcome to the forum! 😉

Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone, I've been all over MyGolfSpy for years but I'm just really starting to get into the forum.

1) I've golfed for 6 years, seriously for the last 5, prior to that it was 1-2 round per year. I played 55 full rounds last year and have already played 30 full this year.

2) I love the culture, the passion from many, the enjoyment from all. I love that no matter how deep I dive, I can't find all of the answers, and can only improve so much, perfection is impossible and the journey never ending.

3) I stumbled on MGS 5 years ago and immediately appreciated the non-biased information. The equipment reviews are top notch.

4) Louisville, KY - Lake Forest CC

5) Kentucky topography creates beautiful, challenging courses no matter where you play. There aren't enough Louisville area courses that are at a good price point and quality. I think it's a result of the city owning a dozen courses that are largely overcrowded and or underfunded.

6) I'm an Aircraft Dispatcher

7) Neat

Edited by E. H. Taylor

Driver/3W:callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max LS 8 Deg

3H:titleist-small:  - TSi2

4U:mizuno-small: - Mizuno Fli-Hi

5-GW:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Project X LZ 120g

56/60 :vokey-small: - SM9 KBS Tour Taper 120g

Ball:titleist-small: - ProV1x Left Dash

12 minutes ago, Lake Forest CC Member said:

Hello Everyone, I've been all over MyGolfSpy for years but I'm just really starting to get into the forum.

1) I've golfed for 6 years, seriously for the last 5, prior to that it was 1-2 round per year. I played 55 full rounds last year and have already played 30 full this year.

2) I love the culture, the passion from many, the enjoyment from all. I love that no matter how deep I dive, I can't find all of the answers, and can only improve so much, perfection is impossible and the journey never ending.

3) I stumbled on MGS 5 years ago and immediately appreciated the non-biased information. The equipment reviews are top notch.

4) Louisville, KY - Lake Forest CC

5) Kentucky topography creates beautiful, challenging courses no matter where you play. There aren't enough Louisville area courses that are at a good price point and quality. I think it's a result of the city owning a dozen courses that are largely overcrowded and or underfunded.

6) I'm an Aircraft Dispatcher

7) I just wanted to represent the home course. I'm a new and proud member

Welcome to the Forum!