Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

This is my second post here but I wanted to add some info.

i started my golf back as a teenager, 1970s. It was a bit of a rough start since I started with a used set of Spaulding blades with persimmon woods. Definitely not the best set to start with. After a few years of chasing the ball all over the place. I ended up buying a generic set of game improvement clubs (can’t remember the brand). I played these unto the early 80s. Got a little better and purchased a set of Titleist DTR irons. I played those for quite a while. In 2014 I was fit for a set of Ping G25. Honestly I played them for less than 3 months. Truly hated the pings. I went back to the fitter and traded the. In for a set of Mizuno JPX 850. I played with those clubs until June of this year. At age 65 I went with my current bag which is A full Cobra bag. (Photo attached). I am currently a self taught ( no lessons ) 9 handicap. I truly love the Cobra King Tour irons.IMG_0143.jpeg.6cf7ecd6a9164271f0f277ee35faee37.jpeg

IMG_0240.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

Cobra LTDX 10.5driver

Cobra LTDX 3 wood

Cobra Aerojet 3 hybrid

Cobra King Tour irons 4 thru p UST Recoil 680 shafts

Cobra Snakebite 48, 54, 60

Cobra Vintage Stingray 40

Snell Prime 3.0

4 minutes ago, Boris119 said:

i started my golf back as a teenager, 1970s. It was a bit of a rough start since I started with a used set of Spaulding blades with persimmon woods. Definitely not the best set to start with. After a few years of chasing the ball all over the place. I ended up buying a generic set of game improvement clubs (can’t remember the brand). I played these unto the early 80s. Got a little better and purchased a set of Titleist DTR irons. I played those for quite a while. In 2014 I was fit for a set of Ping G25. Honestly I played them for less than 3 months. Truly hated the pings. I went back to the fitter and traded the. In for a set of Mizuno JPX 850. I played with those clubs until June of this year. At age 65 I went with my current bag which is A full Cobra bag. (Photo attached). I am currently a self taught ( no lessons ) 9 handicap. I truly love the Cobra King Tour irons.IMG_0143.jpeg.6cf7ecd6a9164271f0f277ee35faee37.jpeg

IMG_0240.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

Welcome! That’s a good looking setup, I love the putter cover especially!

Taylormade Stealth 9 Degree Fujikura Ventus Red 5-S

Titleist TS2 15 Degree Project X Hzrdus Smoke 70g

Titleist TSr1 18 Degree Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75g

Mizuno MP-32 True Temper S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 56, 60 Degree

Ping Anser 2 2024 Release

18 minutes ago, Boris119 said:

i started my golf back as a teenager, 1970s. It was a bit of a rough start since I started with a used set of Spaulding blades with persimmon woods. Definitely not the best set to start with. After a few years of chasing the ball all over the place. I ended up buying a generic set of game improvement clubs (can’t remember the brand). I played these unto the early 80s. Got a little better and purchased a set of Titleist DTR irons. I played those for quite a while. In 2014 I was fit for a set of Ping G25. Honestly I played them for less than 3 months. Truly hated the pings. I went back to the fitter and traded the. In for a set of Mizuno JPX 850. I played with those clubs until June of this year. At age 65 I went with my current bag which is A full Cobra bag. (Photo attached). I am currently a self taught ( no lessons ) 9 handicap. I truly love the Cobra King Tour irons.

Welcome from another Western NC member! 

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver; Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 6 S/ IZ 5 S

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 3HL 16.5: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

default_ping-small.jpg G430 7w: Ping Chrome 75 S

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png.c582defdbf30afbfc6daaed45594990e.pngGen 2 0811 4H: Fujikura Pro 85 S

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg TSR2 5H: Project X HZRDS Red 85 S

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png.70d0971d1cb119b4c524ed52223a24c4.png 0211 DC 6-G: KBS TGI 80 S

Cleveland.jpg.b864b0bf721691b75cd50b9ee634890e.jpg.b6dc20b7fb31f49c6385d2e9299c52ec.jpg CBX 54: Rotex Wedge; CBX2 Zipcore 58: Project X Catalyst Spinner 80 

Screenshot2024-06-20102640.png.8ddd17fe8171208d828937758e6ebd54.png M.Craft OMOI Type 06

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg  ProV1x ; Linksmaster Bag

Welcome @Boris119 !!

Love the NC mountains for riding 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Newbie here. Grew up as a youngster in Ocala Fl. My uncle got me interested in golf back in 1967, yep I'm a senior golfer, I'll be 72 in Nov. Played on my HS golf team before golf was cool and I've been addicted ever since. College and career caused a lot of my golf to take a back seat, along with so many other hobbies, where you can enjoy golf, fresh and saltwater fishing and boating year round in this state.  Makes it hard to chose sometimes.  I was pretty active in golf, pretty much weekly until Feb 2020, when I was diagnosed with head and neck cancer ( bad bad bad).  I made it through all my surgeries and treatment, with a strong family team and great team of doctors at Mayo but both took a toll on my left neck which changed my swing and really impacted my swing speed.  And then aging has its drawbacks as well, you know the arthritis stuff, feet and now starting into my right hip.  I went back to my instructor(s) that provide some assistance and got a few additional lessons to coup with my neck and left upper shoulder. Seems to work, but always looking to improve on that without any neck pain.. I still get out about every other week and play. Nothing better than playing when its 92 outside and the humidity and dew point are both in the upper 80's.   Always willing to learn and at the moment we are trying to dial back in my clubs as with a lack of speed impacts that distance, so some new club fitting is due in the fall.   Also looking to add either a launch monitor and maybe a handheld GPS device.  Can't wait till fall and winter golf here in central and north central Fla and the Hilton Head area.. .

Ping 410 +

TM M6 3w

TM M6 5w

TM Stealth 2 4h

TM P790

TM Grind 2 50.9

TM 54.10

Vokey 58.10s

Scotty Newport Mid Slant Pro Platinum

Ball: Titleist Tour Soft, TM Soft Response Yellow

43 minutes ago, CPP said:

Newbie here. Grew up as a youngster in Ocala Fl. My uncle got me interested in golf back in 1967, yep I'm a senior golfer, I'll be 72 in Nov. Played on my HS golf team before golf was cool and I've been addicted ever since. College and career caused a lot of my golf to take a back seat, along with so many other hobbies, where you can enjoy golf, fresh and saltwater fishing and boating year round in this state.  Makes it hard to chose sometimes.  I was pretty active in golf, pretty much weekly until Feb 2020, when I was diagnosed with head and neck cancer ( bad bad bad).  I made it through all my surgeries and treatment, with a strong family team and great team of doctors at Mayo but both took a toll on my left neck which changed my swing and really impacted my swing speed.  And then aging has its drawbacks as well, you know the arthritis stuff, feet and now starting into my right hip.  I went back to my instructor(s) that provide some assistance and got a few additional lessons to coup with my neck and left upper shoulder. Seems to work, but always looking to improve on that without any neck pain.. I still get out about every other week and play. Nothing better than playing when its 92 outside and the humidity and dew point are both in the upper 80's.   Always willing to learn and at the moment we are trying to dial back in my clubs as with a lack of speed impacts that distance, so some new club fitting is due in the fall.   Also looking to add either a launch monitor and maybe a handheld GPS device.  Can't wait till fall and winter golf here in central and north central Fla and the Hilton Head area.. .

Welcome!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

10 hours ago, CPP said:

Welcome aboard!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

How's it going everyone?

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
Ive been playing since i was about 5 years old. played up until i was about 13 then quit to pursue baseball. As im sure a lot of former baseball players can relate once i reached the point of no longer playing baseball i fell back in love with golf. They last 3 years ive been playing on a pretty consistent basis and have lowered my handicap down to a 3.7. The last couple months ive been consistently shooting mid-high 70s and have shot even par twice!

What do you love about golf?
Golf gives me an outlet to challenge myself again and Ive always had a very obsessive personality. My goal is to be a scratch Golfer in the next year.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
Ive followed MGS on twitter and IG and its always been interesting to me from the ball tests to the equipment tests to see what performs best and suits each style of golfer.

Where are you from? What is your home course?
I live in miami FL and my home course is Miami beach Golf Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
Best things are that i can play year round. Worst is that it is 95+ degrees outside and humid half the year

What do you do for a living?
I run an events company doing corporate events and teambuilders in Miami Beach

How’d you pick your user name?

Its my Name LOL

Pleasure to meet everyone

Titleist Tsr2 Driver

Titleist U505 1 Iron , 2 Iron

Mizuno Jpx 923 4-GW

Callaway Jaws Raw 54° 60°

Ping Anser 2

1 hour ago, Chris King said:

How's it going everyone?

Ive been playing since i was about 5 years old. played up until i was about 13 then quit to pursue baseball. As im sure a lot of former baseball players can relate once i reached the point of no longer playing baseball i fell back in love with golf. They last 3 years ive been playing on a pretty consistent basis and have lowered my handicap down to a 3.7. The last couple months ive been consistently shooting mid-high 70s and have shot even par twice!

Golf gives me an outlet to challenge myself again and Ive always had a very obsessive personality. My goal is to be a scratch Golfer in the next year.

Ive followed MGS on twitter and IG and its always been interesting to me from the ball tests to the equipment tests to see what performs best and suits each style of golfer.

Best things are that i can play year round. Worst is that it is 95+ degrees outside and humid half the year

Its my Name LOL

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

5 hours ago, Chris King said:

How's it going everyone?

Its my Name LOL

Welcome aboard 

WITB-

How long have you been playing golf? I picked up the game during covid and have been hooked since.

What’s your handicap or normal score? 80-85. 9 Handi.  

Top 2 are  (1) playing with friends on golf trips, the local country club, or random games. (2) the pure competitive side to continue improvement as well as beating anyone teeing it up that day. 

I do not know any other spies but i have followed for years reading about club releases, reviews, and testing. I look forward to being an active member and start to share my own reviews of clubs and golf content. 

West TN. Member at the local CC. 

West TN golf is pure!! Gotta come experience the heat and hard fast bermuda greens!

Supply Chain / Sales

Poptart is what the golf group knows me as that originates from the pre golf video game days. 

Swag.jpg

Driver:  Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus

Fairway:  Brnr Mini 11.5

Hybrid:  M2 (i know... ol trusty)

Irons:  P790 Aged Copper

Wedges:  Vokey 52,56,60

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Del Mar 

Ball: ProV1

4 hours ago, Poptart said:

How long have you been playing golf? I picked up the game during covid and have been hooked since.

What’s your handicap or normal score? 80-85. 9 Handi.  

Top 2 are  (1) playing with friends on golf trips, the local country club, or random games. (2) the pure competitive side to continue improvement as well as beating anyone teeing it up that day. 

I do not know any other spies but i have followed for years reading about club releases, reviews, and testing. I look forward to being an active member and start to share my own reviews of clubs and golf content. 

West TN. Member at the local CC. 

West TN golf is pure!! Gotta come experience the heat and hard fast bermuda greens!

Supply Chain / Sales

Poptart is what the golf group knows me as that originates from the pre golf video game days. 

Swag.jpg

Welcome!

Hey there! I've been playing golf for about 2 years now, and my handicap is a solid 20+. I may not be breaking any course records just yet, but I sure know how to have a good time out there!

What I love about golf is the challenge it presents and the opportunity to constantly improve and learn. Plus, there's nothing quite like the feeling of hitting a perfect shot and watching that ball soar through the air.

I came to MyGolfSpy to connect with other golf enthusiasts and learn from their experiences. I don't know any other Spies yet, but I'm excited to make some new friends in the community.

I'm from sunny Florida, and my home course is Heron Creek in North Port. The best thing about golf in my region is the year-round playing season, but the worst thing has to be those pesky afternoon thunderstorms that always seem to roll in at the worst possible time.

In my professional life, I was a retired deputy and now I'm a full-time student working on my doctorate of physical therapy degree. Golf is my way of unwinding and staying active during my studies.

Hey there fellow golf enthusiasts! I'm a 40-year-old sunshine lover from the beautiful state of Florida, where the only thing hotter than the weather is my passion for golf. I may have only been swinging clubs for 2 years, but hey, who's counting when you're having a blast on the course, right? With a handicap that's higher than a giraffe's eye level (20+ and proud!), I bring a whole new meaning to the term "chasing birdies." When I'm not perfecting my swing or hunting for lost balls in the rough, you can find me sipping on an ice-cold Arnold Palmer and dreaming of that elusive hole-in-one. So, if you ever need a good laugh, some questionable golf advice, or just a buddy to share the joy (and frustration) of this crazy game with, I'm your guy!

23 minutes ago, glmingsii said:

Hey there! I've been playing golf for about 2 years now, and my handicap is a solid 20+. I may not be breaking any course records just yet, but I sure know how to have a good time out there!

What I love about golf is the challenge it presents and the opportunity to constantly improve and learn. Plus, there's nothing quite like the feeling of hitting a perfect shot and watching that ball soar through the air.

I came to MyGolfSpy to connect with other golf enthusiasts and learn from their experiences. I don't know any other Spies yet, but I'm excited to make some new friends in the community.

I'm from sunny Florida, and my home course is Heron Creek in North Port. The best thing about golf in my region is the year-round playing season, but the worst thing has to be those pesky afternoon thunderstorms that always seem to roll in at the worst possible time.

In my professional life, I was a retired deputy and now I'm a full-time student working on my doctorate of physical therapy degree. Golf is my way of unwinding and staying active during my studies.

Welcome to MGS!  

WITB-

1 hour ago, glmingsii said:

Welcome!

2 hours ago, glmingsii said:

Welcome!  Have family down in North Ft. Myers so find myself down that way a couple of times a year.

Honma TW 757S (9*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

TItleist T200 (2021) 5-AW

Taylormade MG4 (52*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Maxfli Tour X

I have been golfing for just under 1 year, I started in October 2023. I don't have an official handicap but my average scores range from 90-97 or so. 

I love golf because it is so challenging, it's such a difficult sport, but the rush you get when you hit a couple good shots or get that birdie is hard to match! Golf can be mentally challenging but also rewarding. I may never be a scratch golfer, but I have found something I love to do with my buddies as often as I can. 

I live in Florida, a small town on the west coast about 45 minutes north of Tampa. The local course I play most often is called Silverthorn. It's not fancy, but I joined a small Sunday league there so it's the one I'm most familiar with in my area. 

The best thing about golf here is that it's truly 12 months a year that we can play. The worst part is the July and August rounds because it gets so hot and humid and with all the rain we get, many courses retain water and become unplayable.

I work in local county government, in asset management, my background is commercial construction. 

Nothing special about my name, it's just my name! 

Edited by Dan_C 13
Misspelling

Taylormade M4

Taylormade Stealth HD

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten

Taylormade Speedsoft/Callaway Chrome Soft

5 hours ago, Dan_C 13 said:

I have been golfing for just under 1 year, I started in October 2023. I don't have an official handicap but my average scores range from 90-97 or so. 

I love golf because it is so challenging, it's such a difficult sport, but the rush you get when you hit a couple good shots or get that birdie is hard to match! Golf can be mentally challenging but also rewarding. I may never be a scratch golfer, but I have found something I love to do with my buddies as often as I can. 

I live in Florida, a small town on the west coast about 45 minutes north of Tampa. The local course I play most often is called Silverthorn. It's not fancy, but I joined a small Sunday league there so it's the one I'm most familiar with in my area. 

The best thing about golf here is that it's truly 12 months a year that we can play. The worst part is the July and August rounds because it gets so hot and humid and with all the rain we get, many courses retain water and become unplayable.

I work in local county government, in asset management, my background is commercial construction. 

Welcome!

10 hours ago, Dan_C 13 said:

Welcome!

WITB-

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. Played as a childbut got away from the game for a long time. On a 2 month streak of every weekend currently

2. I love the challenge of the game, especially mentally. I also love the outdoors and being able to play the game anywhere I travel. 

3. Found the forum as I was looking for product reviews. 

4. Macon, GA and currently play Bowden and Morgan Dairy golf courses the most

5. Tons of budget friendly courses in my area, not a lot of golf shops within 1hr of me. We have a Dicks in Macon and a Golf center in WR. Atlanta has a ton of options but I cant stand driving into Atlanta. 

6. I work in ceiling tile manufacturing. 

7. I have been nicknamed quadabaum and qbaum since I was a young teenager. 

High handicap golfer looking to have fun with my friends and improve my handicap

Current Clubs

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver 9 Loft, Standard Lie, Length Standard, Stiff, Graphite, Project X Even Flow Green 55

Strata 3 wood, 5 hybrid, Standard Lie, Length Standard, Regular

Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal HL Iron Set 5-PW, AW, Standard Lie, Length Standard, Regular, Graphite, UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460

Bombtech 52, 56, 60 wedges, Standard Lie, Length Standard, Regular

Odyssey tri hot 5k 22 three putter, Standard Lie, Length 34", Regular

Tracking with Arccos sensors

Linktr.ee/Baums2Bogeys for high handicap golf content

1 hour ago, Quadabaum said:

1. Played as a childbut got away from the game for a long time. On a 2 month streak of every weekend currently

2. I love the challenge of the game, especially mentally. I also love the outdoors and being able to play the game anywhere I travel. 

5. Tons of budget friendly courses in my area, not a lot of golf shops within 1hr of me. We have a Dicks in Macon and a Golf center in WR. Atlanta has a ton of options but I cant stand driving into Atlanta. 

Welcome from over here at the butthole of Alabama,  aka Dothan!

WITB-

Hello everyone,

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing for more than 30 years. My handicap is around 15

What do you love about golf? I love the friends you make playing golf and the solitude of playing alone.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been here for a few years but decided I need to get more active on here.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Tennessee and my home course is Old Fort Golf Course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I love being able to play almost year round.

What do you do for a living? I am management in the aviation business.

How’d you pick your user name? My name.

Driver: Mizuno ST200 Driver/3 wood

Taylormade QI10 7 wood Ventus Blue Stiff

Irons: JPX923 Forged Irons 5-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges: Mizuno T24 wedges

Putter: Odyssey 2 ball putter

Pro V1 ball

10 hours ago, Quadabaum said:

Welcome!

How long have you been playing golf? A little over 3 years seriously. I played years ago having no idea what I was doing and picked the game back up. What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap is 18, I usually shoot just under 100

What do you love about golf? The community and love of the game with friends

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The testing and info I get from mygolfspy is the best. It’s basically helped me pick everything in my bag. I don’t think I know any other spies but it’s possible I guess 

Where are you from? What is your home course? From Boston, but live in Valrico, FL  just outside of Tampa. Home course is River Hills 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The heat of course but the best thing is we never have to stop playing. Year round golf is so great

What do you do for a living? In sales

How’d you pick your user name? I’ve used it in other aspects and it’s something I know nobody else will have 

Boston born, Florida raised

3 hours ago, dhosford11 said:

How long have you been playing golf? A little over 3 years seriously. I played years ago having no idea what I was doing and picked the game back up. What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap is 18, I usually shoot just under 100

What do you love about golf? The community and love of the game with friends

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The testing and info I get from mygolfspy is the best. It’s basically helped me pick everything in my bag. I don’t think I know any other spies but it’s possible I guess 

Where are you from? What is your home course? From Boston, but live in Valrico, FL  just outside of Tampa. Home course is River Hills 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The heat of course but the best thing is we never have to stop playing. Year round golf is so great

What do you do for a living? In sales

How’d you pick your user name? I’ve used it in other aspects and it’s something I know nobody else will have 

Welcome to the Forum!

Finally breaking the ice and entering the forums! Coming back to the golf game after years off, but excited to buy in and truly take on the game of golf! Starting from scratch, so here for suggestions on clubs, bags, balls, everything!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Grew up in Myrtle Beach, so golf has always been a part of life. Golf camps when I was young built a foundation for me to pick it back up now in my 20s. I'm a 90s golfer, but on the market for clubs that fit my height and game to get me towards the 80s!

What do you love about golf? It's a great excuse to get outside, reconnect with old friends, and forget about the busy sides of life.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was turned on to MGS by a friend who was getting super into golf. I love the reviews and have looked into it for a couple years, but never ventured into the forums.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Myrtle Beach, SC. The Dunes Club, home of the tour's Myrtle Beach Classic!

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather/humidity make it near impossible to play some days. But there is so many great courses around, that when it's a good day, you can always play!

What do you do for a living? Pharmacist and tennis coach

How’d you pick your user name? The boys I coach call me Coach Sauce.

Alec

”Coach Sauce”

1 hour ago, MarinaroSauce said:

Finally breaking the ice and entering the forums! Coming back to the golf game after years off, but excited to buy in and truly take on the game of golf! Starting from scratch, so here for suggestions on clubs, bags, balls, everything!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Grew up in Myrtle Beach, so golf has always been a part of life. Golf camps when I was young built a foundation for me to pick it back up now in my 20s. I'm a 90s golfer, but on the market for clubs that fit my height and game to get me towards the 80s!

What do you love about golf? It's a great excuse to get outside, reconnect with old friends, and forget about the busy sides of life.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was turned on to MGS by a friend who was getting super into golf. I love the reviews and have looked into it for a couple years, but never ventured into the forums.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Myrtle Beach, SC. The Dunes Club, home of the tour's Myrtle Beach Classic!

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather/humidity make it near impossible to play some days. But there is so many great courses around, that when it's a good day, you can always play!

What do you do for a living? Pharmacist and tennis coach

How’d you pick your user name? The boys I coach call me Coach Sauce.

Welcome to the Forum!