Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

4 hours ago, Schemy said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

This is really my third year of golf.  I had golfed in my early 20's, but stopped for quite some time.   I'm 45 now, and really enjoy getting out.  I think my official HC is 31, but on any given day can trend into the 20's.  

What do you love about golf?

Just getting out on the course and challenging yourself to be better than you really are.   The community, being able to golf with friends, meet new people at the course. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

The community.  I am friends with @Preeway and golf together when I can. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Omaha, NE.  I guess I'd consider Stone Creek Golf Course as my home course. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

In the Spring it rains, in the Summer its hot, in the Fall its windy, in the Winter its not possible.  But those seasons when its in, it can be really good.  Lush, green courses. 

What do you do for a living?

Technology Product Manager for a large construction company 

How’d you pick your user name?

Been my nickname for years 

Welcome to the Forum! I doubt anyone will hold knowing @Preeway against you...🤣

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

How long have you been playing golf?

I started playing at 13, played in High School. Then didn't get much playing done in college or after, a few rounds a year. Got back into it pretty heavy a few years ago. 

What’s your handicap or normal score?

13.7 right now, shoot mid-80 - low 90s depending on the day. Broke 80 twice last year!

Mind clearing, the only thing on my mind is the ball, the shot in front of me, etc. Also, that at any point I could hit a world class shot, hard to do that in about any other sport. Constantly chasing those high moments and working to improve, but there is not reaching the top. 

Love the information / data on this site. Just recently discovered the forum. I don't know any other Spies, that I know of. 

I am from South Dakota, live in Sioux Falls, and currently play a lot of Elmwood and Prairie Green. Also get to the great life course of Willow, Bakker, and Rocky Run from time to time. 

Best thing is the people and our summers are great. Worst is the season is short, unpredictable, and windy. 

I make beer. 

It's my name. 

Edited by fernholz

Driver: default_taylormade-small.jpg.f9f8e0c3ffdfe86603a4ec74c6460d79.jpg M2 2017 w/ Fujikura PRO XLR8 56 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid: default_callaway-small.jpg.cc1fab44fa462058d8035215ddae2f0e.jpg Paradym 3 18° w/ Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 XStiff

Irons: takomo-signature.png.ad979716b29ca5b5895cb7d8a87b0a03.png 301 Combo Set 4-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100 Shafts

Wedges: default_callaway-small.jpg.cc1fab44fa462058d8035215ddae2f0e.jpg Jaws Raw 49°, default_titelist-small.jpg.7ae578465ba93d4a8d73dd3437ca9d5f.jpg Vokey 52°, default_cleveland-small.jpg.9c1111aaa97ed02773da1e03b244acf8.jpg RTX 56°

Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.a1a634a5428726389955c7afdb8dee2c.jpg White Hot Rossi Mallet

Ball: Testing between Maxfli Tour X & Wilson Triad

Glove: file61cacaf0a60af-unnamed--10_120x.png.227c66402c2778f59483ea2708ccf099.pngTactile 

default_ping-small.jpg

2 minutes ago, fernholz said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started playing at 13, played in High School. Then didn't get much playing done in college or after, a few rounds a year. Got back into it pretty heavy a few years ago. 

Mind clearing, the only thing on my mind is the ball, the shot in front of me, etc. Also, that at any point I could hit a world class shot, hard to do that in about any other sport. Constantly chasing those high moments and working to improve, but there is not reaching the top. 

Love the information / data on this site. Just recently discovered the forum. I don't know any other Spies, that I know of. 

I am from South Dakota, live in Sioux Falls, and currently play a lot of Elmwood and Prairie Green. Also get to the great life course of Willow, Bakker, and Rocky Run from time to time. 

Best thing is the people and our summers are great. Worst is the season is short, unpredictable, and windy. 

I make beer. 

It's my name. 

Welcome!

Welcome @fernholz, great info & people at MGS! ⛳ 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Welcome to the site!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hi my name Is Kameron Rush. I currently reside in Lincoln Ne. I picked up golf last September when a buddy introduced me to the game (knee injury forced basketball to stop). I believe my handicap would be around 24 or 25. I shoot 96-99 normally my best is 92.

Golf has given me an excellent way to compete with myself. Also love juggling on the wedge. I kept seeing my golf spy on Instagram decided to check it out. My home course is probably Jim Ager par 3 it's small but great short game work I love being able to grab my pw and play the whole course with one club.

I'm good at wedge dribbling

1 minute ago, kam89 said:

Hi my name Is Kameron Rush. I currently reside in Lincoln Ne. I picked up golf last September when a buddy introduced me to the game (knee injury forced basketball to stop). I believe my handicap would be around 24 or 25. I shoot 96-99 normally my best is 92.

Golf has given me an excellent way to compete with myself. Also love juggling on the wedge. I kept seeing my golf spy on Instagram decided to check it out. My home course is probably Jim Ager par 3 it's small but great short game work I love being able to grab my pw and play the whole course with one club.

Welcome to the Forum!

2 hours ago, kam89 said:

Welcome to the forum. I live in Elkhorn. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift