Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Bandon Dunes adds a sixth course

StrokerAce

In what is quickly becoming a golfing mecca and a superstar destination golf trip with few rivals Bandon Dunes is adding a sixth course...

It will officially open in the summer of 2020 with preview play in fall 2019.

Check out the pics on this.... amazing.

https://www.golf.com/travel/2019/04/23/sheep-ranch-bandon-dunes-golf-course/

It's funny - growing up in OR we would go to Bandon occasionally and stroll around the beaches.... the town has 3000 people... it's tiny.  To have these amazing golf courses right up the road is awesome.

I cannot wait to get back and play there.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

My wife and I go to Bandon quite often, but not to play golf.  I've played Pacific Dunes, but that was 15 years ago and they only had 2 courses then.  I'm just not into having to pay the prices they charge plus pay a caddie an outrageous fee (although the latter is optional).  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

https://clubandresortbusiness.com/bandon-dunes-to-unveil-bally-bandon-sheep-ranch-in-2020/

Another article on the 6th course at Bandon.  

I visited Bandon last September for a week.  My group played all 5 of the existing courses twice and the Dunes course three times.  They  were working on the Sheep Ranch; you could see the work when playing Old McDonald.  

I would love to go back for a week again.  It was a great experience.  It's as close to links golf as you can get in the US.  The big advantage is the travel time from the midwest and no jet lag.  it is expensive, but about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of a trip to Scotland or Ireland.  And once you are at the resort, there is no driving.  I am the DD for our trips overseas, so this was a big advantage to me.

I still prefer Scotland or Ireland, but Bandon is a very close third.  It is great for a guys trip.  

The property for the Sheep Ranch looks exciting and there will be many hole along the cliffs:  

"The many holes along the cliffs will be the big attraction for Bally Bandon Sheep Ranch. The new course will include a mile-long stretch overlooking the beach and ocean and nine of the holes will be along the cliff—more than at the resort’s three exiting oceanside courses combined, The World reported."

If you don't know the full story of the Bally Bandon Sheep Ranch, I urge you to dig for a little of its backstory.  I became aware of it about a year ago reading The Fried Egg (or it could have been The Golfers Journal).  Youtube has some incredible videos of the place.

Edit to add the following link.  It was The Golfers Journal.

https://www.golfersjournal.com/podcast/tgj-podcast-1-caleb-hannan-describes-sheep-ranch/

Definitely a bucket list destination for me.

I grew up about 4.5 hours from there, but sadly have never made it there when visiting family in the Portland area.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Archived