13 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Agreed. This is great. We should do this for our area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We definitely cover enough area to do something 

3 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

Thanks guys! I've tried to write to the overall experience of playing each course. I know magazine reviews only rave about courses that cost a small non-vital organ to play. I hope I'm writing for more 'regular people' and the places they might play.

Thanks again for the feedback, glad you enjoy the format. I'll spin up a new thread for the upcoming league season. Rumor has it we'll get to see a couple of new tracks again this year. The past seasons are in 'Florida League Course Reviews'.

You have done a great job reaching the average golfer I think address and price are big glad you included those

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Hey Greg, you should have reached out. The last two reviews were in my area(Saddlebrook is just across the Highway. Anyway, great reviews.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

18 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Hey Greg, you should have reached out. The last two reviews were in my area(Saddlebrook is just across the Highway. Anyway, great reviews.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We really do need to get together and play - now that I have an associate I take at least one Saturday off per month. 

• Like 4

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

If you played in either a Tampa Tour or Todd Wright Tour event, then Yes. The Tampa Tour is a local summer league for individual stroke play events. Todd Wright Tour events are team multi-format events held throughout the year. 
The only time I've been able to play with RevKev was around last Christmas along with Fozcycle and now I can't recall our fourth.

The way the fourth played that day(so I’m told anyway), I’m glad you can’t remember who it was.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Would you mind if I did a course review on here?  I played Dunedin Golf Club a couple of weeks ago and thought it might be worth a review.

• Like 4

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

17 hours ago, revkev said:

Would you mind if I did a course review on here?  I played Dunedin Golf Club a couple of weeks ago and thought it might be worth a review.

Feel free! Glad to have another set of eyes and point of view talking about golf in the area.

• Like 1

Driver:  PXG 211 Project X Evenflow CB, 50g 5.5

Fariway:  PXG 211, 3-Wood Project X Evenflow CB, 60g 5.5

Hybrid:   PXG 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

Irons:  :titelist-small: T300 4-5, T200 6-PW Nippon 880 Pro R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 50*, 54*, 58*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Rossie

• 1 month later...

Update to the previous review on Bloomingdale. Played again 8 March 2021.

General course conditions have improved somewhat. Still some rough/worn tee areas. A couple of the greens either needed or were getting some repair. The greens behaved a little strange. They looked like they had recently been top dressed, but they were cut very short, and had apparently been rolled recently. Green speeds were a bit inconsistent, but leaned toward very fast, and they weren't holding anything that didn't land steep with a LOT of spin (1/2 wedges rolling out 30 feet kind of stuff).

Through the late winter/spring months, the course has been more busy and crowded than I have ever seen it. And it doesn't seem like the pro shop keeps tabs on the tee sheet very well. I looked at tee time availability online and booked the second of a string of "empty" tee times. At check in (literally minutes later) I'm pointed toward the group I'm behind, and 10 minutes before my tee time there are 4 foursomes queued up at the first tee with another in the fairway. They were playing some kind of a scramble or 4:25 could have been much longer. Don't expect an expedient pace of play.

Last note, they have begun some kind of major renovation/reconstruction on the practice areas. The putting green was basically cut in 1/2 and they were removing a lot of turf around the short game green. If these changes significantly alter the quality of their practice area, I might have to find a new course to call home.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

Update to the previous review on Bloomingdale. Played again 8 March 2021.

General course conditions have improved somewhat. Still some rough/worn tee areas. A couple of the greens either needed or were getting some repair. The greens behaved a little strange. They looked like they had recently been top dressed, but they were cut very short, and had apparently been rolled recently. Green speeds were a bit inconsistent, but leaned toward very fast, and they weren't holding anything that didn't land steep with a LOT of spin (1/2 wedges rolling out 30 feet kind of stuff).

Through the late winter/spring months, the course has been more busy and crowded than I have ever seen it. And it doesn't seem like the pro shop keeps tabs on the tee sheet very well. I looked at tee time availability online and booked the second of a string of "empty" tee times. At check in (literally minutes later) I'm pointed toward the group I'm behind, and 10 minutes before my tee time there are 4 foursomes queued up at the first tee with another in the fairway. They were playing some kind of a scramble or 4:25 could have been much longer. Don't expect an expedient pace of play.

Last note, they have begun some kind of major renovation/reconstruction on the practice areas. The putting green was basically cut in 1/2 and they were removing a lot of turf around the short game green. If these changes significantly alter the quality of their practice area, I might have to find a new course to call home.

Thanks for providing your great write-ups on Tampa area courses. As to Bloomingdale: As an improvement,  they ought to put up a big net on the right side of the practice area. When I was coming around the corner on 18, My eyes were drawn to the practice area in the hope of avoiding someone's  errant shot. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...

Bloomingdale just started a MAJOR renovation to the practice area.
Building an all new putting green (about 2/3 size of the old one), rebuilding the whole short game green, and expanding the full swing range hitting area. Lots of bulldozers and bare dirt right now

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1