Lets Talk Favorite Golf App

Our Sponsors

Hi Members,

Lets use this forum to discuss your favorite golf apps to use:

• On the course
  • For Practice
  • Track the tour
  • Others

I lets see what y'all like, what y'all don't like, what are some things y'all wish your favorite apps had and lets find the best app to use.

Excited to see the responses!! 

• Like 1

:SuperSpeed: Training: 

Initial Driver Speed: 90 MPH

WITB: Fitting Location: Club Champion - Houston, TX 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 - Stiff

3 Wood/ 4 Hybrid: :taylormade-small: RBZ w/Aldila NV

4-PW: :titelist-small: T-100 w/ KBS Tour V - Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM7 Vokey Wedges - 50, 54, 58 

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works #1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B

Rangefinder: Bushnell Pro X2 

Golf apps for course I use 18 Birdies great app. Golf logic has a green reading options that's pretty handy. I use the PGA tour app to follow all golf 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, B.D. Scott said:

Golf apps for course I use 18 Birdies great app. Golf logic has a green reading options that's pretty handy. I use the PGA tour app to follow all golf 

How well does the green reading feature on the Golf Logic App work? 

I personally use Hole19 as my course App, works great and the GPS system on the App works pretty well too. 

:SuperSpeed: Training: 

Initial Driver Speed: 90 MPH

WITB: Fitting Location: Club Champion - Houston, TX 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 - Stiff

3 Wood/ 4 Hybrid: :taylormade-small: RBZ w/Aldila NV

4-PW: :titelist-small: T-100 w/ KBS Tour V - Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM7 Vokey Wedges - 50, 54, 58 

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works #1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B

Rangefinder: Bushnell Pro X2 

I use the divot app for practice. Its pretty interesting as it gives you a different shot to hit.  

• Like 1

Only golf app I have is golfpad.  Distances seem accurate enough (gives standard front, middle and back but not to pin), allows for score keeping, shot tracking, and provides a little summary all for free.  The paid version gives more analysis and connects to smart watches but I dont pay and I dont have a smart watch.  

A lot of downloads and a good rating are the reasons why I use this app.  Thinking of buying a range finder though for more accurate numbers.

• Like 1

On the course I use Arccos.  It’s amazing. I can put my finger on any spot and get yardage to and left to the hole.  It gives me slope and wind yardages also. I can move pin to anywhere in the green. Give me real-time data of how far I hit each club (must have sensors).  At end of round it give me stats like Fairways, saves, GIR, miss percentages number of putts and keeps track of all rounds to show my trends. GPS  is extremely accurate and guys whom use lasers are usually within a yard of my app. 

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

Im a big fan of 18Birdies because its just a nice, simple, free GPS and scorecard app.  Ive tried a bunch of other ones but I always seem to come back to 18Birdies.

• Like 2

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5*

Hybrid: Tommy Armour 845 19*

Irons: Tommy Armour 845 6, 8 and PW

Wedges: Tommy Armour VCG 56*

Putter: Tommy Armour 303 Milled Series Serrano

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I use an off the radar app on the course. It’s called free golf tracker. It gives great stats on the website that accompanies it. The app give yardages, but that are user marked ( I look to see if it has already been done before I go play a new course, if not I do it myself). Has a map feature so you can touch to get yardages to a spot. I had arccos but felt like I had to babysit it all the time so I sold it. To follow the tours I just go to the website.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I use GolfShot on the course for GPS and score tracking. It's a pretty good app. I paid for it quite a few years ago and guess I was grandfathered in to their "best" features.

I use the PGATour app for tourney tracking and NBCGold to watch tourneys when they are on there. 

• Like 1

I flip between V1 Golf and Huddle Technique as I like to use them both to record my swing on the range or in the backyard. Bought a phone clip that attaches to an alignment stick and can record my swing very easily without a second person having to man the cam. You can draw on the video to playback and see what you need to work on. I’d highly recommend both of them 

On 5/18/2020 at 4:22 AM, YKodvavi said:

Hi Members,

Lets use this forum to discuss your favorite golf apps to use:

• On the course
  • For Practice
  • Track the tour
  • Others

I lets see what y'all like, what y'all don't like, what are some things y'all wish your favorite apps had and lets find the best app to use.

Excited to see the responses!! 

I am a fan of 18 Birdies, though since getting Arccos, I don't really use it anymore. There are a few new features (like the swing analysis) that might cause me to try again... I've also used Galf a couple of times to organize little mini-tournaments, which is fun.

On the complete opposite side of things, I also like to play completely tech free sometimes. This includes not even looking at yardages, just playing completely by feel. I use the 150 stakes as my only frame of reference and try to just enjoy the game for what it is. Not great for posting to GHIN, though 🙂

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* loft with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
3 wood: :ping-small: Rapture 14* with Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
4i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT S300 hard stepped
50*, 54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

On 5/18/2020 at 6:33 AM, B.D. Scott said:

I'm a big fan of 18birdies also, and the newest update added AI swing analysis and streamlined the user interface during a round. Top notch, especially since it's free. 

• Like 2

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :wilson-small: Blackjack 206

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

I've been using the grint. Going to check out 18 birdies as that has been mentioned numerous times. Thanks for the tip. 

• Like 2

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

I use SwingU. They have a paid version and free. I always get it when it's 50% off when they have sales throughout the year.

You can track FIR, GIR, left/right/fat/thin tee shots, putts, sand saves, and penalties. It gives you basic distance GPS features for free (distance to the pin and wind)

With the paid it gives you distance to the front, middle, and back of the green along with slope/distance approximate for the wind. and you can have recommended clubs when you put in your distances and you can track each shot but it's a pain in the butt to wait for the GPS to sync up.

TM.png.d551804c21debc091a6aef9280cf38ab.png

M5 10.5* -1 - Hzrdus Smoke Green
M2 3W -
2 Rescue -
P790 - 4-PW - C-Taper 120 S
Milled Grind - 54/58

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

How good are the betting/gambling games?

does the phone sync with other players in the game if they also have the app?

For users of the Free version how many games are included? I'm not interested in paying a monthly fee.

EDIT: Never mind. I guess it's not available for android. Couldn't find it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I have been using the Grint for a while, but liked it a lot more when I first started using it. I love the GPS on the app. I just recently got Arccos sensors and love the app with them. It gives me the wind and elevation of the green and what the pin is playing like with those factors taken in.

Driver:  :titelist-small:  TS3 w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki

DI: :nike-small: Vapor Fly Pro 3 iron with Fujikura Pro tour spec 95x

Irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ DG TI S300 AMT White

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM6 52, TVD raw 60

Putter:   Compass Golf Co Custom Face Balanced Blade

Ball:  :Snell: MTB-X

On 5/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, T2Grn said:

On the course I use Arccos.  It’s amazing. I can put my finger on any spot and get yardage to and left to the hole.  It gives me slope and wind yardages also. I can move pin to anywhere in the green. Give me real-time data of how far I hit each club (must have sensors).  At end of round it give me stats like Fairways, saves, GIR, miss percentages number of putts and keeps track of all rounds to show my trends. GPS  is extremely accurate and guys whom use lasers are usually within a yard of my app. 

I second Arccos! Lot's of valuable information to see the areas that you most need to improve. It even recommends a club selection after a certain number of rounds (although I don't always use what it recommends, it's nice because it basis the recommendation on your averages and tendencies). 

• Like 1

Driver: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png M5 10.5 - Tensei CK Orange 60s
3W: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png RBZ
5W: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png SLDR
4-GW: image.png.9df0e471af2d5b9a0272d4536f1043b0.png JPX-EZ Forged - Dynamic Gold X100
Wedges: image.png.b244c1dbed7bae5489798af85f00ca52.png SM7 52 & 60
Putter: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png TM110

image.png

I use the Grint, but mainly as a source for recording rounds for handicap purposes. While on the course, I prefer to use my Garmin G80 or my rangefinder depending on the situation. 

image.png.f7f10cd27fe24526e6c040879ec50ef6.png TS2 9.5* (D1 setting) w/ Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M4+

image.png.f7f10cd27fe24526e6c040879ec50ef6.png TS2 15* (A1 setting) w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5 

image.png.f7f10cd27fe24526e6c040879ec50ef6.png 915H 18* (D1 setting) w/ Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 85 HY 

default_mizuno-small.jpg.3d9bc7a014ec33992486fbd70c9b918b.jpg HMB (4–6) / MMC (7–PW) combo set w/ True Temper DG X100

image.png.eea9f8053f6954a1aaa4a9036919a811.png SM6 54 S-grind / 58 M-grind w/ DG S300

image.png.29cb09e1f6d59dde5b082655f74d7a86.png White Hot Rx V-Line Fang

default_taylormade-small.jpg.ef74b9468f9806b2e2a87ec4dd1537a1.jpg TP5x

I use Taylormade's MyRoundPro app to track my strokes gained. Overall it's a great app to track stats and how clubs are performing, with options to benchmark strokes gained on different handicap levels. Some issues are that inputting the rounds manually can take a long time (although I put that to me relying on memory for specific yardages and not using the GPS feature), the overlay isn't 100% accurate (so those tucked pins you might need to readjust your "lie" to be on the green since it thinks the pin is off the green), and inputting putts is a bit tedious since the zoom is limited (on Android, not sure about iOS). That being said, I really like the stats feature that lets you see how you stack up against the pros.

I've been using 18 birdies for two years. Pretty much ever since I started playing. Many of my playing partners have range finders, golf watches, etc. but without question every round we play one of them is asking me what the app says as far as how long it is to the end of the fairway, how long to carry the fairway bunker, etc. The club recommendation and compensation for weather and elevation is also pretty accurate as well!