Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

7 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I would wonder if it is possible to get a hybrid set, 4 to 7i in the one lengths, the 8, 9 and pw on traditional lengths. 

It can be done, but you’d have to order each club individually via a custom order. It can all be placed on one order, you’d just have to go through each iron and place your specs. But you can order the 8i thru GW and stagger the shaft lengths incrementally a half-inch shorter each iron down. 

• Like 2

The 🙌🏼

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

Just now, mikeanthony said:

It can be done, but you’d have to order each club individually via a custom order. It can all be placed on one order, you’d just have to go through each iron and place your specs. But you can order the 8i thru GW and stagger the shaft lengths incrementally a half-inch shorter each iron down. 

I just realized to make it easier, you could just request the OL irons from 4h to 7i and then order they’re standard lengths in a separate order. 

• Like 2

The 🙌🏼

4 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

I just realized to make it easier, you could just request the OL irons from 4h to 7i and then order they’re standard lengths in a separate order. 

I figure that would be the easiest, I want to take a really good look at it and if at all possible, get fitted, to ensure optimal set up. 

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

How long would you say it took you to get used to the OL? 

First time I played with them was at last months club tournament and I shot 87 for a net 72 and tied for 4th place. Hitting them is EASY. It feels more natural to me than having to adjust my setup for each and every club. They are not going to cure swing flaws but they will allow you to be more consistent...it just makes sense!

I truly believe if more golfers would try one length clubs (and forget about any preconceived notions about being different from everybody else) more golfers would play better golf.

I plan on buying my daughter a set.

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

First time I played with them was at last months club tournament and I shot 87 for a net 72 and tied for 4th place. Hitting them is EASY. It feels more natural to me than having to adjust my setup for each and every club. They are not going to cure swing flaws but they will allow you to be more consistent...it just makes sense!

I truly believe if more golfers would try one length clubs (and forget about any preconceived notions about being different from everybody else) more golfers would play better golf.

I plan on buying my daughter a set.

That is awesome. 

My swing has gotten better this year, my main struggle is with topped clubs, a direct correlation of the ball placement on my stance, I feel that the more centered on my stance 5, 6 and 7 irons, the better is my strike. 

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I would wonder if it is possible to get a hybrid set, 4 to 7i in the one lengths, the 8, 9 and pw on traditional lengths. 

You can order them piecewise.  $125ea, custom

• Like 1

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

That is awesome. 

My swing has gotten better this year, my main struggle is with topped clubs, a direct correlation of the ball placement on my stance, I feel that the more centered on my stance 5, 6 and 7 irons, the better is my strike. 

I play my ball in the same position for every club except for driver. The less variability you have the better for consistency.

• Like 2

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

23 minutes ago, edingc said:

I had the day off of work so what better way to pass the time than play some golf. I had a tee time early this morning at Diamond Springs Golf Course in Hamilton, Michigan. I grew up not far from this course and remember when it first opened. It's a Mike DeVries design, which if you're a fan of Michigan golf, you'll know him as the the architect behind Pilgrim's Run in Pierson, The Mines in Grand Rapids and Greywalls in Marquette. I think the last time I played here was in 2014, and I don't honestly know or remember how I did. 

IMG_25082020_185518_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg.b6293cf43afc78c95f4f2fcabf753897.jpg

I had spent some of last night mapping out the course on Google Maps with intended club use and tee shot lines, from the white tees which play somewhere around 6,000 yards but rates out harder than my usual course. Literally as I was driving to the first tee I thought, "Why not really challenge myself?" and decided to play from the blues (the tips at this course), which play to 6,800 yards and a 73.0/137 rating. This is by far the longest and most challenging course I've ever played, and I played pretty well for most of the front and the first third of the back, but man, did the rest of the back just absolutely beat me up.

I didn't have an awful day driving the ball, but it was pretty wet and the entire course is a single cut of Kentucky bluegrass that really didn't afford much roll. So it put a lot of pressure on my tee game to have both distance and accuracy, and even then I had a lot of mid-to-long irons into greens.

Of all days, the battery in my laser died and I was not able to use it the entire round. Thankfully, Arccos was very helpful, but the laser's accuracy to flags cannot be matched by guessing on the satellite images. 

IMG_25082020_185536_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg.0a3458a6763f781d082bd61be3bd0092.jpg

Holes 9, 14, 15, 16, and 17 border or cross a ravine that is all hazard area totally in play from the tee and I unfortunately found that area four times by a handful of yards in total. I ended up shooting a 92 (44/48), but literally 5 yards left or right on most of the holes would have been a very good drive. Between a bad three-putt (I lost focus on a tap in from about 12 inches) and just one or two of those holes, I wasn't far from a round in the mid-80s. On my home course that lacks all of the hazards I would have easily had a really, really good round.

I'm obviously bummed that I didn't break 90 (which was my goal going into the round), but looking back on the round I'm really happy with how I played. 

I absolutely pounded the driver today but just got a little wild. I'm stoked that the SpeedZone Xtreme is working so well for me, as my miss now is a pull that is 100 percent my swing and not the club. I also am starting to enjoy the SpeedZone irons as well. 

IMG_25082020_185554_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg.4592c32f7e088dfe95b0b2c62d0e01d2.jpg

All in all, well worth my time and $45 for 18 and cart.

After my round I headed out to Holland and The Links at Rolling Meadows, a nine-hole par three course that plays very, ahem, favorably from the front tees.

image.png.cb9fc206fc76f9078f9d693151621cd0.png

By the time I got to the course, a steady rain had started. While this meant I had the course to myself, it also meant walking in the rain and I was thoroughly soaked by the time I was done.

The course is a very cool little "links" style course with a lot of wetlands and actual challenging greens. $25 got me a Coke Zero and 27 shots at getting closest to the pin. I love that I was able to play 27 holes in just over two hours.

IMG_25082020_185635_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg.7dc16a96ed0413fb4cfb8d439d87fe78.jpg

You would think over 27 chances from 120 yards and in  I would have jarred one, but alas. I played OK (+5 over the 27, notching two birdies on the first 9 but none on the last two go arounds), but I was really starting to get tired by the time I started my third nine. My best effort for the challenge so far is 7'1" (85 inches) from 70 yards on No. 5 during my second time through:

IMG_25082020_185624_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg.6a5d655054d3884257b4f3f015d69935.jpgIMG_25082020_185612_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg.3d03e3dfa191bdd9fcacf8417080c2ee.jpg

image.png.8d9f7cca9171ec6ac26057feba1d54d6.png

Very fun day, and I still hopefully have at least another 18 holes to try to best this effort.

Lots of golf love it! Diamond hills looks amazing. And b the looks of it you had it all to yourself! Definitely  looks like target golf with how tight it looks

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

58 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Lots of golf love it! Diamond hills looks amazing. And b the looks of it you had it all to yourself! Definitely  looks like target golf with how tight it looks

Great pace at both courses. Played 18 in about 3 hours with cart, trailing only a twosome with a cart and a single walker, but I didn't see anyone in front of me after No. 4, the par 5 that I pictured above. Went 2 hybrid, 6 iron, 58, two putts for a par.

Biggest struggle today was shaking off penalties. After I lost the second ball to the ravine hazard area I just started pressing too much and that made me play a little tight. 

Target golf is a great description. Knowing what I know now, I would have made some different club choices throughout the round.

I think 6,800 yards is probably a bit much for my game, but it was a lot of fun giving it a shot.

• Like 8

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.9 (Last Updated Oct. 25, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4", Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2", UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
5-GW:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2", KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / 
srixon.png.43e385967a8ed97dd1678520c0dc8ef3.png Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

3 hours ago, daviddvm said:

First time I played with them was at last months club tournament and I shot 87 for a net 72 and tied for 4th place. Hitting them is EASY.

I'm sure it's somewhere among all the memes and gifs, but based on that score right out of the gate I'd assume the distances are very similar to your old clubs?

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

14 minutes ago, edingc said:

Great pace at both courses. Played 18 in about 3 hours with cart, trailing only a twosome with a cart and a single walker, but I didn't see anyone in front of me after No. 4, the par 5 that I pictured above. Went 2 hybrid, 6 iron, 58, two putts for a par.

Biggest struggle today was shaking off penalties. After I lost the second ball to the ravine hazard area I just started pressing too much and that made me play a little tight. 

Target golf is a great description. Knowing what I know now, I would have made some different club choices throughout the round.

I think 6,800 yards is probably a bit much for my game, but it was a lot of fun giving it a shot.

Lots of target golf around here I know a course when I see one lol.

its definitely hard especially when the yardage says hit this but the fairway says differently! Regardless good round and glad you were able to get a lot of holes in.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

1 hour ago, edingc said:

I had the day off of work so what better way to pass the time than play some golf. I had a tee time early this morning at Diamond Springs Golf Course in Hamilton, Michigan. I grew up not far from this course and remember when it first opened. It's a Mike DeVries design, which if you're a fan of Michigan golf, you'll know him as the the architect behind Pilgrim's Run in Pierson, The Mines in Grand Rapids and Greywalls in Marquette. I think the last time I played here was in 2014, and I don't honestly know or remember how I did. 

I had spent some of last night mapping out the course on Google Maps with intended club use and tee shot lines, from the white tees which play somewhere around 6,000 yards but rates out harder than my usual course. Literally as I was driving to the first tee I thought, "Why not really challenge myself?" and decided to play from the blues (the tips at this course), which play to 6,800 yards and a 73.0/137 rating. This is by far the longest and most challenging course I've ever played, and I played pretty well for most of the front and the first third of the back, but man, did the rest of the back just absolutely beat me up.

I didn't have an awful day driving the ball, but it was pretty wet and the entire course is a single cut of Kentucky bluegrass that really didn't afford much roll. So it put a lot of pressure on my tee game to have both distance and accuracy, and even then I had a lot of mid-to-long irons into greens.

Of all days, the battery in my laser died and I was not able to use it the entire round. Thankfully, Arccos was very helpful, but the laser's accuracy to flags cannot be matched by guessing on the satellite images. 

Holes 9, 14, 15, 16, and 17 border or cross a ravine that is all hazard area totally in play from the tee and I unfortunately found that area four times by a handful of yards in total. I ended up shooting a 92 (44/48), but literally 5 yards left or right on most of the holes would have been a very good drive. Between a bad three-putt (I lost focus on a tap in from about 12 inches) and just one or two of those holes, I wasn't far from a round in the mid-80s. On my home course that lacks all of the hazards I would have easily had a really, really good round.

I'm obviously bummed that I didn't break 90 (which was my goal going into the round), but looking back on the round I'm really happy with how I played. 

I absolutely pounded the driver today but just got a little wild. I'm stoked that the SpeedZone Xtreme is working so well for me, as my miss now is a pull that is 100 percent my swing and not the club. I also am starting to enjoy the SpeedZone irons as well. 

After my round I headed out to Holland and The Links at Rolling Meadows, a nine-hole par three course that plays very, ahem, favorably from the front tees.

By the time I got to the course, a steady rain had started. While this meant I had the course to myself, it also meant walking in the rain and I was thoroughly soaked by the time I was done.

The course is a very cool little "links" style course with a lot of wetlands and actual challenging greens. $25 got me a Coke Zero and 27 shots at getting closest to the pin. I love that I was able to play 27 holes in just over two hours.

You would think over 27 chances from 120 yards and in  I would have jarred one, but alas. I played OK (+5 over the 27, notching two birdies on the first 9 but none on the last two go arounds), but I was really starting to get tired by the time I started my third nine. My best effort for the challenge so far is 7'1" (85 inches) from 70 yards on No. 5 during my second time through:

IMG_25082020_185624_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg.6a5d655054d3884257b4f3f015d69935.jpgIMG_25082020_185612_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg.3d03e3dfa191bdd9fcacf8417080c2ee.jpg

Very fun day, and I still hopefully have at least another 18 holes to try to best this effort.

Very nice looking course. 

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

3 hours ago, edingc said:

YES. Diamond Springs is an absolute treat. Most of the courses I play are pretty standard/bland (cheap lol), but I try to play down there at least once or twice a year. It's such an awesome layout!

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

12 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I'm sure it's somewhere among all the memes and gifs, but based on that score right out of the gate I'd assume the distances are very similar to your old clubs?

Actually that was the biggest adjustment. I hit the SpeedZoneONE irons 10 - 15 yards further than my Titleist AP1 irons. So I fairly quickly realized  (after airmailing a few greens and hitting layup shots into the hazard) that I would need to club down one from Arccos caddie recommendation. Now that I have 9 rounds with these clubs the caddie recommendation is pretty accurate.

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

When I saw the closest to the pin on par 3's challenge the first thing that popped into my mind was playing a par 3 course. So I immediately booked a room at a golf resort up north with a beautiful executive course. My plan was to play 72 holes over 2 days, 36 each day, with the ultimate goal of a hole in one. Hey, I had 72 chances why not?

1229474975_ScreenShot2020-08-26at9_25_27AM.png.b2014c3cf8b1f4cee78614233b788d7b.png

Well, best made plans. When I got to the resort on day one, after a 2.5 hour drive, it was pouring rain. Not to be deterred I paid for 36 holes and went to the 1st tee only to find there were no pull/push carts, they had been removed due to COVID. Now I haven't walked a golf course in 25+ years and I certainly haven't carried a bag in more than that time, but the challenge must go on. So I put on my rain gear, adjusted the backpack straps on my Cobra stand bag and went to the first tee.

The course, while beautiful, was soaking wet and getting sloppier with on and off downpours. I am happy to report that the rain hood on the Cobra stand bag works very well at keeping your clubs dry. 

IMG_0633.JPG.b7036d51d0e3c76815076ab7626b5b14.JPG

The course is laid out well with lots of water and strategically placed bunkers and my first 8-holes were fairly unremarkable, hit some of the postage stamp greens, missed some others. Then I got to #9, the longest hole on the course listed at 174-yards by Arccos, all carry over a pond with trouble everywhere.

IMG_9898.JPG.24a738d978c276dc4f6696b0acb106bc.JPG

When I tell you I flushed my Cobra SpeedZone 5-iron, I mean I didn't even feel it come off the face and the result was the closest of the round.

2050519069_ScreenShot2020-08-26at8_52_28AM.png.364ffd5fae8d259d5c42ae2748f33964.png

IMG_9194.JPG.30bfd7802307878a8cd1b74a1ecc8b43.JPG

From the 9th tee back to the 1st tee has to be at least a 1/2 mile walk, partially through a hiking trail with a fork in the road and of course I took the wrong side of the fork and had to hike back to the 1st tee. Panting like a dog, wet from rain and sweat I decided to shed the rain gear and just play the next 27 and deal with the rain & sweat

I didn't record anything closer than 9" in round 2,  since that was the mark to beat. I grabbed a quick lunch and came back for another 18 holes. When I got back from lunch the course had moved the pins and the tee boxes. The 4th hole, which played at 159 yards in the morning was 10 yards closer in the afternoon. Normally at 148-yards I'd take an 8 iron, but with the rain and trouble all around the green I hit 7-iron.

418029048_ScreenShot2020-08-26at8_54_54AM.png.6d135a43152bb7cb579d91a9261a3566.png

I thought it actually went in, but just came up a few revolutions short. That one is gonna be hard to beat gentlemen!! 

IMG_0608.JPG.8484cae2b614a9b9f35ce4dc0c38d989.JPG

By now it was raining non-stop  and greens were just getting saturated as evidenced by this shot from a gap wedge from 87-yards out. 

IMG_0866.JPG.5ec573fcee9c23548a5314a4ec95dc8a.JPG

After my 3rd nine in the rain, soaking wet, sore back and elbow I packed it in hoping for better weather the next day. I woke up the next morning to even heavier rain with no sign it was gonna let up. With my back & elbow killing me I decided to pack it in and drive home knowing I had a shot that was probably gonna get me near the top this week.

Wow gonna be tough. Nice shooting

Where did that 2"er land? Must have checked up nicely with the rain.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

38 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

When I saw the closest to the pin on par 3's challenge the first thing that popped into my mind was playing a par 3 course. So I immediately booked a room at a golf resort up north with a beautiful executive course. My plan was to play 72 holes over 2 days, 36 each day, with the ultimate goal of a hole in one. Hey, I had 72 chances why not?

1229474975_ScreenShot2020-08-26at9_25_27AM.png.b2014c3cf8b1f4cee78614233b788d7b.png

Well, best made plans. When I got to the resort on day one, after a 2.5 hour drive, it was pouring rain. Not to be deterred I paid for 36 holes and went to the 1st tee only to find there were no pull/push carts, they had been removed due to COVID. Now I haven't walked a golf course in 25+ years and I certainly haven't carried a bag in more than that time, but the challenge must go on. So I put on my rain gear, adjusted the backpack straps on my Cobra stand bag and went to the first tee.

The course, while beautiful, was soaking wet and getting sloppier with on and off downpours. I am happy to report that the rain hood on the Cobra stand bag works very well at keeping your clubs dry. 

The course is laid out well with lots of water and strategically placed bunkers and my first 8-holes were fairly unremarkable, hit some of the postage stamp greens, missed some others. Then I got to #9, the longest hole on the course listed at 174-yards by Arccos, all carry over a pond with trouble everywhere.

When I tell you I flushed my Cobra SpeedZone 5-iron, I mean I didn't even feel it come off the face and the result was the closest of the round.

2050519069_ScreenShot2020-08-26at8_52_28AM.png.364ffd5fae8d259d5c42ae2748f33964.png

From the 9th tee back to the 1st tee has to be at least a 1/2 mile walk, partially through a hiking trail with a fork in the road and of course I took the wrong side of the fork and had to hike back to the 1st tee. Panting like a dog, wet from rain and sweat I decided to shed the rain gear and just play the next 27 and deal with the rain & sweat

I didn't record anything closer than 9" in round 2,  since that was the mark to beat. I grabbed a quick lunch and came back for another 18 holes. When I got back from lunch the course had moved the pins and the tee boxes. The 4th hole, which played at 159 yards in the morning was 10 yards closer in the afternoon. Normally at 148-yards I'd take an 8 iron, but with the rain and trouble all around the green I hit 7-iron.

418029048_ScreenShot2020-08-26at8_54_54AM.png.6d135a43152bb7cb579d91a9261a3566.png

I thought it actually went in, but just came up a few revolutions short. That one is gonna be hard to beat gentlemen!! 

By now it was raining non-stop  and greens were just getting saturated as evidenced by this shot from a gap wedge from 87-yards out. 

After my 3rd nine in the rain, soaking wet, sore back and elbow I packed it in hoping for better weather the next day. I woke up the next morning to even heavier rain with no sign it was gonna let up. With my back & elbow killing me I decided to pack it in and drive home knowing I had a shot that was probably gonna get me near the top this week.

Very nice, those were really close, you just needed a puff of wind to get them in. 

I hope you are getting a chance to play some more and get that HIO

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

41 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

I think I’m digging the commitment and perseverance more than the darts on display here. Very nice!

• Like 7

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

45 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

The firs one was already great.

45 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

To beat that it will have to be on the hole.

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge