Golfspy_CG2

Dustin Johnson collects 21st Tour Win & WITB

Our Sponsors

I studied the one you posted but have not seen one in person. Basically looks to me like less head deflection than a standard plumbers neck. In other words the neck looks stronger. I would have to putt with one to really feel perhaps what it does. Maybe absorbs off center torque

Disclaimer--- This is just my humble Redneck Engineering Opinion not to be confused with a educated engineer's opinion or designer of the club. I by no means am absolutely correct and I have 2 staff bags and one display bag full of failed Redneck Engineering experiments to prove it

• Like 4

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

2 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I wish they would offer the Truss putter he's actually using though. His isn't center shafted like the retail. I'm also not convinced that the Truss hosel actually does anything. It still branches off of a single point at the shaft so when you miss hit a shot, it will still twist around that single axis just like every other putter. 

Seemore is doing something very similar with their RST Hosel series putters. 

Screenshot_20200630-090952.jpg

Sounds like you have some Trusst issues 😉

I always wonder how many of the new features on clubs are science, and how much are marketing.  But even placebos work if you believe them!

• Like 1

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

3 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

Sounds like you have some Trusst issues 😉

I always wonder how many of the new features on clubs are science, and how much are marketing.  But even placebos work if you believe them!

I haven't tried it as I was initially turned off by the looks.  But having spoken to a few people who have tried it and from what I've heard from TM, in simple terms, it offers the benefits of a mallet putter, by offering a heavier putter and higher MOI, but maintaining the look of a blade at address.  

I've been a devoted mallet user for probably 10 years now, with the exception of a brief two week fling with a blade last year---it was so sweet to me in the pro shop, then started getting temperamental when I brought it home 🙂   So thought of the best of both is intriguing.  

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 hour ago, 03trdblack said:

I wish they would offer the Truss putter he's actually using though. His isn't center shafted like the retail. I'm also not convinced that the Truss hosel actually does anything. It still branches off of a single point at the shaft so when you miss hit a shot, it will still twist around that single axis just like every other putter. 

That nifty set of initials on the outer bottom edge of the putter suggests that DJ could have whatever he wants for his putter design, and so he should.  As long as the putter is balanced, a center hit shouldn't cause any twist as the center of gravity is providing the momentum transfer.

Verified Hack, 31 handicap (for now) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Rawlings Fairway Lies driver, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 loft), Ginty trouble club (29 loft)

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Confidence 9i, Worx hybrid wedge (55 loft), Lovett hybrid wedge (59 loft)

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

3 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

tour seeding of new designs happens before anything comes to retail or remains a tour only aka proto product. It’s possible dj liked the putter but wanted something that looked, felt or performed a little different and they gave him this version that r&d had been working on.

Come pga show next year this could be an offering. 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

tour seeding of new designs happens before anything comes to retail or remains a tour only aka proto product. It’s possible dj liked the putter but wanted something that looked, felt or performed a little different and they gave him this version that r&d had been working on.

Come pga show next year this could be an offering. 

To be honest I don't think they're selling enough of these to continue the lineup that long. Kind of a dud. 

My bag is a revolving door!

38 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

To be honest I don't think they're selling enough of these to continue the lineup that long. Kind of a dud. 

If DJ keeps winning with it that could change. The spider became a hot item when day started winning with it.

Even so it’s not the first product that didn’t last for them or other brands. 

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1