Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wellput Putting Mat ("Start" model)

I have been using the Wellput "Start" model.  This one differs from the 2 other comparable models they have in that it is narrower (by about 6"), has only 1 Stimp reading (the others have 2 readings, I guess with and against the grain), and it doesn't come with the phone app which has a bunch of exercises you can do.  However, it is cheaper!

Quite frankly, I like it a lot; and am not sure that I'd be any happier with the other models.  I set-up a putting station in which I butt-up the 10' mat to a 5' rug, and then place an open box at the other side of the rug.  So in addition to being able to practice to the targets on the mat, I can now hit longer puts; I figure if I hit the put so it bangs the back of the box, that is about a 20 footer.  For example, one exercise I do has me hitting 3 putts.  The first one I try to bang the back of the box; the second to come up just short of the box; and the 3rd to just go to the end of the mat.   Of course, each has to stay on the alignment line on the mat so I know that I started it straight.  So I am able to practice clubface control and distance control.  What else do you need?

Definitely a "thumbs-up" from me!

I’ve been looking at Wellputt Matt’s in comparison to PuttOuts.  Suffice it to say - not cheap...  

what do you think of the speed?  Also, what’s the back like?do you have to lay it out on something hard like a wood floor? Also, what does it come in?  PuttOut comes in a hard tube w a carry bag you can store it in. Anything like that for WellPutt?

thanks. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

2 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I’ve been looking at Wellputt Matt’s in comparison to PuttOuts.  Suffice it to say - not cheap...  

what do you think of the speed?  Also, what’s the back like?do you have to lay it out on something hard like a wood floor? Also, what does it come in?  PuttOut comes in a hard tube w a carry bag you can store it in. Anything like that for WellPutt?

thanks. 

I have used the mats that MGS did as part of their putting green testing earlier this year.    All mats do better on a firm surface, but the mat should be fine on something like a berber carpet.   The Wellputt doesn't come in a tube, but you can roll it up and store it in the original box.     From what I have read,  I would pick the wellputt over the puttout.  The puttout has too many people complaining about a groove being worn into the mat.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 7/5/2020 at 7:03 AM, WaffleHouseTour said:

thanks. 

As Cnosil said, you can roll-up the mat and put it back in its original box.  I don't take it anywhere, so I just roll it up (not quite so tightly as it originally came) and just put it in a corner.  I don't have the expertise to comment on the speed, other than to say it is faster than my rug.  I believe the Stimp reading for the "Start" mat is supposed to be about a 10; for the other mats, I think it is 10 in one direction and 12 in the other?  It is rather thin, so I'm guessing you could use it on any surface.  Not at all like a practice swing mat which might feel "squishy" underfoot.