What is your biggest golf achievement?

Our Sponsors

I was thinking about what I've have accomplished on the course since I started playing golf. 

I was the league champion from my work in 2018.

20200730_203435.jpg.67f1768f7fc0342fb14414e8209e0c70.jpg

My lonely sports trophy. 

Share your accomplishments fellow spies. 

• Like 6

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question. I never won anything as a junior except for the staff tournament at the club where I worked.  And all the good players had gone off to college, so not that much of an accomplishmen

Every so often, I beat Kirke in a putting contest.

Tough question. I won my golf league a few times, but I think last year breaking par for the first time was my biggest achievement. This year I blew that away with doing it a few times already. I

Posted Images

Tough question.

I won my golf league a few times, but I think last year breaking par for the first time was my biggest achievement. This year I blew that away with doing it a few times already. I think once you have that initial breakthrough of any accomplishment the anxiety and stress just becomes negligible and you are more relaxed to just play the game.

I do like your trophy. Mine are the same old boring types. 

• Like 7

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

12 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Tough question.

I won my golf league a few times, but I think last year breaking par for the first time was my biggest achievement. This year I blew that away with doing it a few times already. I think once you have that initial breakthrough of any accomplishment the anxiety and stress just becomes negligible and you are more relaxed to just play the game.

I do like your trophy. Mine are the same old boring types. 

Being the first trophy I won in 20 years, since high school, I am pretty happy, I need to get me a few more.

• Like 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

10 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Good question.

I never won anything as a junior except for the staff tournament at the club where I worked.  And all the good players had gone off to college, so not that much of an accomplishment.

In my mid 30s, I made my club's team for the city interclub invitational, which we won.  That was pretty cool.

Later that same year, my dad and I won his member-guest.  Definitely my biggest win up to that point.  We've also finished second and made the playoff a few other times, but haven't won it again.  

Then a few years ago, my older daughter and I won the area Father-Child tournament.  More important than that win with my dad?  I think so.

Next up is to win the Father-Child with my younger daughter.  This year, we beat last year's score by three shots.  She keeps getting better... I just hope I don't get any worse 🙂

Good luck on the Father- Child tournament, winning with your child is a complete different feeling.

I am hoping that now that he is a pre teen, my son will want to take the game more serious and invest some time in it, so we can enter father child tournaments our self's.

• Like 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 70 X
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I hope those putting contests come with some good wagering and bragging rights.

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Has worked as a student job washing balls at my local range at the age 15 ,having a sandwich for lunch ,and driving a Velox taking a dangerous highway to get to my work everyday for 2 years without missing one.And later on Worked at Chuck Brown Golf Canada in st Hubert...also as a summer job for 2 years

• Like 4

I have two, my Hole In One and the time in high school when I medaled with my personal best 76. Can't wait to see what happens when my Wife and daughters start getting serious.

• Like 4

Driver - Titleist 983K 9.5* - Titleist 4560 S-Flex Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 Adams Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - Titleist 690MB True Temper Reg Flex

4-9 Irons - Taylormade R7TP True Temper X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - PING Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - Titleist Tour Soft

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

I have two, my Hole In One and the time in high school when I medaled with my personal best 76. Can't wait to see what happens when my Wife and daughters start getting serious.

I want my son to get serious, but I don't want to push him, he just outgrown his "kids" set, and it is getting some time with my full set of Hogan's. 

Fingers crossed 

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

6 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Can't wait to see what happens when my Wife and daughters start getting serious.

Thanks for getting your daughters into the game.  We need more girls playing golf.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

In 4th grade, I hit my one and only hole in one. It was #7 I think at Kukuiolono Golf Course on Kauai. From the normal tee, it's a straight forward par 3 over a ditch, maybe 140 yards, but from the kid's tee, it's a blind dogleg right. Super strong wind and some rain from the left that is always there because it's the mountains in Hawaii. My dad told me to just hit it as hard as I could at this tree in the middle of the hillside so I did. It went perfectly at the tree and started getting pushed toward the hole by the wind. When we were driving up, no one could find my bright orange ball, so my dad jokingly said to check the hole. I was so excited when I ran up and found it in there. I don't want to say that was my peak, but that was totally my peak.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver: Ping G10

3w: Ping G10

4H: Callaway FTiz

Irons: Titleist DCI Oversize+ Gold 4-L

Putter: Odyssey O-works 7s

Definitely looking to replace all but the putter 😄

2 hole outs for eagle from about 70 yards, both were par 5s.

Shooting -1 under 71 with 5 birdies.

3 birdies in a row.

Most broken clubs during high school tryouts.

Shooting 35-48 to epically blow a tournament.

Take Dead Aim

• Haha 4

Breaking 80 twice, once shooting even par 72 it was euphoric.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

• Like 3

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

May not be anything to brag about, but a few years back I played in a tournament. I used to get real nervous golfing in front of people that I don’t know.

For the first four holes I was actually playing well, then I 4 putted on a very hard hole location and I felt my confidence shatter. I had a disastrous rest of the round.

My biggest golf achievement in my opinion was that I came back for day two.

I didn’t finish last, because there were people that DNF. I use this story to teach my kids. No matter how tough it gets, to never give up and never quit.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

My old golf league had 2 divisions. 1 was Hdcp of 17 or better and the was 18 and above. I won both of them. And when I won the 17 and under division during our league championship we always would throw $20 into a pot to cover kp's, long drive, low net, and low putts. When I won I won the division and about $240 cash, the only one I didn't win was kp.... miss that league.. lol..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I have three holes in one, won the senior club championship twice and got down to a 5 hdc with all scores on the hdc card in the 70's. But probably it is winning multiple tournaments with my wife in couples competition. At least that is the biggest thing I have done in golf in my opinion. 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Ploobear said:

In 4th grade, I hit my one and only hole in one. It was #7 I think at Kukuiolono Golf Course on Kauai. From the normal tee, it's a straight forward par 3 over a ditch, maybe 140 yards, but from the kid's tee, it's a blind dogleg right. Super strong wind and some rain from the left that is always there because it's the mountains in Hawaii. My dad told me to just hit it as hard as I could at this tree in the middle of the hillside so I did. It went perfectly at the tree and started getting pushed toward the hole by the wind. When we were driving up, no one could find my bright orange ball, so my dad jokingly said to check the hole. I was so excited when I ran up and found it in there. I don't want to say that was my peak, but that was totally my peak.

That is awesome. 

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

2 hole outs for eagle from about 70 yards, both were par 5s.

Shooting -1 under 71 with 5 birdies.

3 birdies in a row.

Most broken clubs during high school tryouts.

Shooting 35-48 to epically blow a tournament.

Take Dead Aim

A very fun list

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

10 hours ago, 808nation said:

Breaking 80 twice, once shooting even par 72 it was euphoric.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

I'm working on breaking 80 sooner than later. 

• Like 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge