Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ping G fairway is sweet !!!

Scotland blue

I had been looking for a 4 or 5 fairway to complete an overhaul on my bag and dropped into the local Golf Galaxy.  After a few laps around the store and some time looking at the previous years large inventory section now having some great sales I stopped at the used club area.

I was surprised to find a Ping G fairway 17.5 in that rack.  I pulled it out and asked a sales guy to please scrub the club head down for a better inspection.  When he gave the cleaned club back I was surprised to find it in excellent shape with no use marks on the bottom and only a couple of hit marks on the face.  It still had the manuf. decal on the shaft above the head and the grip looked new.  It was an average price for a used Ping fairway but for the condition it was a dandy.  I put a grip of my choice on it and out to the driving range I went.

It was super cool to see it elevate the shots when set at 17.5 degrees and for now I'm leaving it there to try out on the course.  It's been a long time for me to have a Ping club in the bag other than putters but Ping seems to have been producing some great equipment that I have over looked.

I think there are a few Ping staffers playing this same club head ?  Is this club become a classic and desirable for a 2016 club???  

SIM2 Max Driver 10.5* Ventus 5-S

Cobra Rad Speed 3W 14.5* Evenflow Riptide CB Stiff

Ping G  4W 17.5* Ping Alta Reg

TM Ti  5W 19* Diamana FW 65 Reg

Titleist T-300 5-PW Amt Red Stiff

Vokey SM7 Wedges 46*  56*  60*

Ping Zing/Anser putter  85020/85029// TM Spider SR#9 Flo Neck

Titleist Pro V-1x 

Ping produce very good equipment but most company does honestly... Wood technology don't change much also over the years. I got a g425 3 wood this year (actually went all ping G425 in the end except wedges, not because I wanted, because they gave me best result) and I tried a few other 3 wood out there, head seems a bit more forgiving than older version Ping G30 (2015) or other brand that I tried but not enough to justify for some people the extra $ for the newest one. Always fun to find used club in good shape, especially if the price is low. Most store tend to sell used club at a very high price since the pandemic...

My best deal this year, ping G425 Hybrid 4 demo with a ping tour regular shaft at 150$, this thing goes extremely well.

I agree there is a fun thing tied to buying something used for a great deal.  This Ping G was $109 after being marked down from $179.  I had done some homework on PGA value guide a few months ago and was surprised at the price on this item in this "cleaned up" condition.

I think the reason for this club not selling before I found it was the dirt and grass on the face of the club.  I would think that if I wanted to trade some clubs in for trade credit or $$ I would clean them up a wee bit.  Glad this one was dirty.

SIM2 Max Driver 10.5* Ventus 5-S

Cobra Rad Speed 3W 14.5* Evenflow Riptide CB Stiff

Ping G  4W 17.5* Ping Alta Reg

TM Ti  5W 19* Diamana FW 65 Reg

Titleist T-300 5-PW Amt Red Stiff

Vokey SM7 Wedges 46*  56*  60*

Ping Zing/Anser putter  85020/85029// TM Spider SR#9 Flo Neck

Titleist Pro V-1x