Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

14 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Now in tournaments I have been playing the Srixon Marathons simply because in the past I had won so many in the Shootouts and Nine and Dines

Around here Srixon Marathons are the most common species of range rocks. I have seen them reviewed/dismissed as "one step above a range ball", so maybe they have descended that step. Two-piece distance ball, kinda like the old Callaway Warbird or Titleist Velocity.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

On 8/13/2024 at 11:30 AM, ILMgolfnut said:

It's been slower to recover this time than other flareups, so no golf, no workouts and no Rypstick sessions for a while.

Well, cabin fever took over this evening so I did my first Rypstick session in a while. Back was more of an issue than the shoulder; it was like "what are you doing to me?" Which is not to say that the shoulder was totally pain free, either. 

I turned on the radar while I was swinging the Rypstick, which I have never done before; I previously just turned it on for the swing test at the end and use the driver for that. Never got above 80 mph swinging right handed, even with the lightest setting; never got above 70 swinging lefty. But considering my all-out driver speed 2.5 years ago was 72, that's not bad for lefty. I have the senior model Rypstick which is an inch shorter than my driver; that might cost me a couple of MPH just from centrifugal force.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review