New Free Flex golf shaft

sporter

Has anyone tried the new Free Flex golf shaft that was just introduced? It is a new company in Korea with a similar product to the Autoflex shaft but with a little tweak in technology and at a reduced price. I ordered one and thus far, 7 rounds in I love it. I'm not going to tell you that I have gained 20 plus yards, because I have not, I'm still 225 to 240 with 250 plus with a dry fairway but with this shaft they are almost effortless yards, for a guy turning 60 this year I do not think that is half bad I'm not someone who believes you can buy a golf game, but I do believe in taking advantage of changing technology and materials to try and stay competitive as we get older. If you get a chance to try one of these shafts sometimes, I would defiantly recommend trying it, I'm think of putting them in my fairway clubs as well.

These are def legit. I play both their FF38 and FF45 and found them to be amazing each in their own way. I'm 52, swing comfy at about 95 and can push 100mph, so I was between the two options. I started with the FF45 and saw about 10-15 yard gain with less dispersion. Def less hooks than usual too. I read the website and it said that main difference between 38g and 45g is the feel and one's preference for soft or firm. So I bit the bullet and got the FF38 too. Woah. Same gains but much more whippy feel. Once I got used to even more flex I swung more effortlessly for same results. It's weird to describe but it hella works for me. I used Autoflex for about a year (experimented extensively with 305x, 405 and 505, ultimately went with the 405) but changed to Brava last fall for more consistency (since my swing isn't!). It was okay, but I did miss the ease of AF and the distance. While poking around to see if I should try AF again, came across their FF tech article. What I read of it was very intriguing so I got the FF45 online. I'll say the FF45 is a cross between AF and Brava for feel and stability with firmness of about AF505 at impact. The FF38 feels much softer like the AF305x but can be swing much harder and faster without having to slow down the transition tempo to ridiculous smoothness like AF. Saw on their IG Drew Cooper and Seb Waddell swinging FF38 over 140-150mph and how it didn't break is beyond me. Man, I snapped both my AF305x and 405 at least once each and I'm nowhere near breaking 105mph CHS. I saw TXG compare both too and thought FF showed much better dispersion and near same distance. One thing I think they missed is that FF is def more stronger than AF, so faster swingers can use it too. I'm going to reach out to the manufacturer to see when they'll come out with the FW and iron shafts.

• 5 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 10:47 AM, Titleist fanboy said:

These are def legit. I play both their FF38 and FF45 and found them to be amazing each in their own way. I'm 52, swing comfy at about 95 and can push 100mph, so I was between the two options. I started with the FF45 and saw about 10-15 yard gain with less dispersion. Def less hooks than usual too. I read the website and it said that main difference between 38g and 45g is the feel and one's preference for soft or firm. So I bit the bullet and got the FF38 too. Woah. Same gains but much more whippy feel. Once I got used to even more flex I swung more effortlessly for same results. It's weird to describe but it hella works for me. I used Autoflex for about a year (experimented extensively with 305x, 405 and 505, ultimately went with the 405) but changed to Brava last fall for more consistency (since my swing isn't!). It was okay, but I did miss the ease of AF and the distance. While poking around to see if I should try AF again, came across their FF tech article. What I read of it was very intriguing so I got the FF45 online. I'll say the FF45 is a cross between AF and Brava for feel and stability with firmness of about AF505 at impact. The FF38 feels much softer like the AF305x but can be swing much harder and faster without having to slow down the transition tempo to ridiculous smoothness like AF. Saw on their IG Drew Cooper and Seb Waddell swinging FF38 over 140-150mph and how it didn't break is beyond me. Man, I snapped both my AF305x and 405 at least once each and I'm nowhere near breaking 105mph CHS. I saw TXG compare both too and thought FF showed much better dispersion and near same distance. One thing I think they missed is that FF is def more stronger than AF, so faster swingers can use it too. I'm going to reach out to the manufacturer to see when they'll come out with the FW and iron shafts.

One thing I worry about with this and the Autoflex is whether getting used to the fell of the Free Flex (or the Auto Flex) will make me lose the feel for my fairway wood and hybrids.   Did you have a problem with that at all?    Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Freeflex has the FW45 as a fairway wood shaft which I heard was similar in feel to FF45. but it only comes in the watercolor version so that kept me from getting one. I wrote them and asked if they got other colors but nope tho they said I could tip my FF45 an inch and use it as a 3wood. 

Now I'm more interested in trying their new Metaflex driver shaft they recently came up with. Supposedly has all features of FF shaft without as much whippiness. The golfwrx article said it was weird how stiff it felt compared to actual cpm and torque. They talk about some wild tech and I don't know how that can be. but if its true, I think it can be what I'm looking for. Has anyone already tried this metaflex yet? Need some positive feedback before deciding to pull the trigger.

• 3 months later...

Bit of an oldie, but Iv'e experienced a lot of the same benefits as Titleist Fanboy. Was /am an Autoflex user previously, and last spring ('23) I put the FF45 in my Paradym driver, and it was an instant gain of 4-5 mph chs. 

Loved it so much I installed their FW45 into my 3w. Same light feeling, easy to launch, characteristics. Was impressed enough, I ordered a few more over the winter for my BRNR mini driver, 5w, and hybrid. Also waiting for the Meta iron shaft to arrive so I can test it and compare. needless to say, they are a fantastic product, for the player looking to add some speed / ease of use into their game, whether it's from a reduced speed due to age / injury etc, it can certainly help players recoup some lost distance, and that always makes the game more fun, no? 😀

we got a pool and a pond... the pond would be good for you