Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

deWiz Golf Swing Modifier - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

If you haven't heard of deWiz before, you're not alone. Here's a quick insight into what deWiz says about their product: "deWiz is a wearable piece of technology featuring a patented biofeedback system designed to help golfers swiftly and efficiently implement crucial swing changes. With over a dozen unique data points on each swing, deWiz employs 3D motion tracking to provide golfers with a crystal-clear understanding of their swing mechanics."

As the golf season winds down in various parts of the world, deWiz could potentially emerge as the perfect companion for those keen on refining their game during the off-season. What's more, this versatile device can be used both indoors and outdoors, with or without a club.

Recently, deWiz revealed its much-anticipated "On-Course Mode," which has earned the stamp of approval from the USGA. This feature means you can access the same insightful swing analysis whether you're in the comfort of your home office or competing for your Club Championship.

image.png

For many golfers, this time of the year offers an ideal window for making swing changes and taking lessons. With all that said, we're seeking four dedicated golfers to thoroughly test, review, and keep the deWiz Golf Swing Modifier. Priced at $599.99, it represents a significant investment. Is it worthy of a spot on golfers' wish lists for the upcoming holiday season? How well does it perform on the course and during practice at home? These are just some of the questions we aim to answer through the testing process.

Please welcome and congratulate our testers! 

@ejgaudette

@Syks7

@GolfSub70

@USMCSnyper

Congratulations testers!! This is amazing I can’t wait to hear what you think about this product.

Derek Lusk

Keeping my eyes on this one - congrats testers!!!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Congratulations Testers!  I am looking forward with much anticipation to reading your reviews.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

As we wait for the product to arrive I wanted to dive into the different uses of deWiz that are outlined. On their site the three main areas they say deWiz can be used for, hitting it longer, hitting it straighter, and hitting it closer.

Hitting it Longer

To help you hit it longer there are 4 metrics that you can dive into and focus on improving

• Length of Backswing
  • Tempo
  • Hand speed
  • Backswing Depth

image.png.04dfb96a41b90015743246fac8a43c97.png

These metrics are pretty straightforward as they relate to speed but each person is different and why I am so interested in see how this aligns when I am doing speed training. Is my length of backswing a bit longer or does it slow down if I get too long and overrun at the top and what does that do the the width of the swing. All coming back to what we have heard, the longer the hand path the faster the swing is. Then I wonder what tempo works for me from a speed perspective, Matsuyama and Rahm have very different ways of generating their speed, how do I get there. Finally, hand speed again I assume the faster the better and speed training should help show this.

Hit it Straighter

For hitting straighter there is one key metric the system tracks they call it transition. This is a measure on if you come over the top or drop to the inside on your swing. Again this is personal and even some tour pros have a very slight over the top move, see Matt Fitzpatrick and still play great golf. So this can help move the metric if you want, but helps if you just want to understand where your fault is when the baby fade goes to sliced off the planet. As someone who sometimes has this miss I and curious to see these and understand where my metrics live. The shot below shows an inside, neutral, and over the top move in that order.

image.png.8ece4db667388f02fbe9b481b9d403a2.png

To help with this deWiz has a training mode when you can set parameters that the device will track and notify when you move outside them. So you can get feedback when you come too over the top as you try to limit the move or even come from the inside. This should be a tool I can practice with inside even without a club to help ingrain those new feels

Hit it Closer

Finally, for this we actually return to two metrics from the start, but from a new angle. The backswing length and tempo. By working on your partial swings the length of backswing measure can tell you how far each one goes and how consistent you are at what you call 3/4 versus your full swing. Then tempo can help you ensure what results in the best contact and maintaining consistent speed between each length so you don't swing faster off the shorter back swing. I have my own wedge matrix system that this program would be great to work with. To then test that skill deWiz has a game where you are given different backswing lengths and you try to hit them. You can even compete against friends on this, maybe a tester challenge is in order.

image.png.9d94d856517a475d9b7ae34e9cbaac32.png

Overall, there are a lot of tools and ways to use the product that is on the way. I am looking forward to testing each use and providing you more feedback. Any questions get them lined up, might also be fun to do some crazy swings and see how the app responds.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

57 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

As we wait for the product to arrive I wanted to dive into the different uses of deWiz that are outlined. On their site the three main areas they say deWiz can be used for, hitting it longer, hitting it straighter, and hitting it closer.

Hitting it Longer

To help you hit it longer there are 4 metrics that you can dive into and focus on improving

• Length of Backswing
  • Tempo
  • Hand speed
  • Backswing Depth

These metrics are pretty straightforward as they relate to speed but each person is different and why I am so interested in see how this aligns when I am doing speed training. Is my length of backswing a bit longer or does it slow down if I get too long and overrun at the top and what does that do the the width of the swing. All coming back to what we have heard, the longer the hand path the faster the swing is. Then I wonder what tempo works for me from a speed perspective, Matsuyama and Rahm have very different ways of generating their speed, how do I get there. Finally, hand speed again I assume the faster the better and speed training should help show this.

Hit it Straighter

For hitting straighter there is one key metric the system tracks they call it transition. This is a measure on if you come over the top or drop to the inside on your swing. Again this is personal and even some tour pros have a very slight over the top move, see Matt Fitzpatrick and still play great golf. So this can help move the metric if you want, but helps if you just want to understand where your fault is when the baby fade goes to sliced off the planet. As someone who sometimes has this miss I and curious to see these and understand where my metrics live. The shot below shows an inside, neutral, and over the top move in that order.

To help with this deWiz has a training mode when you can set parameters that the device will track and notify when you move outside them. So you can get feedback when you come too over the top as you try to limit the move or even come from the inside. This should be a tool I can practice with inside even without a club to help ingrain those new feels

Hit it Closer

Finally, for this we actually return to two metrics from the start, but from a new angle. The backswing length and tempo. By working on your partial swings the length of backswing measure can tell you how far each one goes and how consistent you are at what you call 3/4 versus your full swing. Then tempo can help you ensure what results in the best contact and maintaining consistent speed between each length so you don't swing faster off the shorter back swing. I have my own wedge matrix system that this program would be great to work with. To then test that skill deWiz has a game where you are given different backswing lengths and you try to hit them. You can even compete against friends on this, maybe a tester challenge is in order.

Overall, there are a lot of tools and ways to use the product that is on the way. I am looking forward to testing each use and providing you more feedback. Any questions get them lined up, might also be fun to do some crazy swings and see how the app responds.

Great info!  I'm really interested in this product and looking forward to following along.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

For those of you that want to play around, you can download the app, set up a profile, and use the app in demo mode.  You can make Nintendo wii style swings holding your phone and it will record the swing.  I have been playing with this entirely too much while I wait for the actual product to arrive. 

The most interesting part about this is that you can see all the metrics -- save one -- in your demo swing and start to understand how the product could be really great for improvement.  It's a lot of data and I can see how they could potentially expand upon it in a number of ways. 

The product arrives today, excited to try it out for real.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

4 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Hitting it Longer

• Length of Backswing
  • Tempo
  • Hand speed
  • Backswing Depth

Hit it Straighter

Hit it Closer

Makes me wonder if someone could have both the HackMotion and deWiz on at the same time to deal with both swing and wrist issues together. 🙂

I may try the demo with my phone to see what it actually looks like. The cost might be too much, but I can't wait to see how you guys get along with it and how it helps.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

8 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Makes me wonder if someone could have both the HackMotion and deWiz on at the same time to deal with both swing and wrist issues together. 🙂

I may try the demo with my phone to see what it actually looks like. The cost might be too much, but I can't wait to see how you guys get along with it and how it helps.

I did have that thought but then I feel like I might be more machine than man at that time

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

20 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I did have that thought but then I feel like I might be more machine than man at that time

Twisted and evil. 🤣

Might be worth it though. 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g

30 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I don't know for sure, but given that the demo works on the phone, my guess is that the whole system runs off a very sensitive accelerometer in the watch.  Most of the wizardry is in the programming.  Given that, I think there's potential for additional sensors to attach to different parts of your body (glove like Hack motion) and you'll have all the data under one system -- without 1 million gizmos.  😀  It's enough that I'm going to have the shotscope H4 on the bag and the Dewiz on the wrist for the on course mode.  

Edited by Syks7

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

Hybrids

Irons 

Wedges

Putter

Ball

well well well.....what do we have here?  Stay tuned, everybody!

IMG_0129.jpg.336a8b9831908ca8066934b7535c11d4.jpg

image.png.702001ca19ba55f2a1ca32610c99752e.pngUSMC Veteran and Weekend Golfer

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Paradym 10.5 degree Driver; Tensei 1K Blue 50g S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods

image.png.bcf13f4bf775adb3a56fd3df40d0ea0e.png Titleist T300; C Taper Lite 105R

image.png.f87968f7ac02b80c1d756215bf1d4f5c.png Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

I was thinking the same thing….a shock collar, for golf! 😂

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Paradym 10.5 degree Driver; Tensei 1K Blue 50g S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

15 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Wohoo!  Mine arrived a day early.   Here's a quick unboxing.

Now, let's talk about the learning stimuli.  A feature heavily hidden behind in app disclaimers.  It gives you a bit of a zap in what appears to the same way a bark collar works.  While I haven't used it a lot, I'm pretty sure it's going to be effective.  At levels 1&2 it's mellow, noticeable, and comfortable.  At 3 it's more noticeable.   At level 7....  

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Let's just say that I don't think I'll ever need Level 7.....  😆

zap.gif.8833e6a48e443f8a4713b2cf9f97ab10.gif

16 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Wohoo!  Mine arrived a day early.   Here's a quick unboxing.

Now, let's talk about the learning stimuli.  A feature heavily hidden behind in app disclaimers.  It gives you a bit of a zap in what appears to the same way a bark collar works.  While I haven't used it a lot, I'm pretty sure it's going to be effective.  At levels 1&2 it's mellow, noticeable, and comfortable.  At 3 it's more noticeable.   At level 7....  

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Let's just say that I don't think I'll ever need Level 7.....  😆

Can confirm and agree with @Syks7, 7 lets you know REAL QUICK that you did something wrong and you DO NOT want to do it again 😂. If you've ever touched a hot wire on accident, it basically feels like that. Being the inquisitor that I am, I had to run through each level for the heck of it. 7 was one and done lol.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I am heading to the simulator tonight for round 1! I have been advised that a level 7 shock is not preferable....LOL

Edit-I plan to try the Transition, Backswing, and Tempo modes today. Saw a great video to help with my over-the-top. Herrrreeee we go….

giphy.gif

Edited by USMCSnyper

image.png

OK...so...First night out with the dewiz. There is a TON of data to parse through. I'll say that night one was a success. You'll have to wait for the details 🙂

image.png

Unboxing and first impressions coming soon. Got the first session in last night and will get some more in the afternoon. I agree lots of data to take in to be sure.

I got onto the range yesterday and then was tinkering with the deWiz more in the garage last night with some dry swings, and what is evident to me, based on my understanding of the data, is that my max hand speed happens much too close to impact. From the instructional videos I've watched and other information I've read, that typically comes from a swing that is more arm dominant. This definitely makes sense to me as I know I under utilize my lower body, and have always had issues with early extension.

So far, my transition numbers have been pretty solid, which to be honest did surprise me. However, the downswing plane does get above my backswing plane the closer I get to the ball. Again, probably a sign of my early extension. I will be working on drills to help with improving that aspect of my swing and have the data parameters and visuals I can use to help it improve. Early on, but really liking this device so far. I have not done any testing in modes other than discovery to this point. Below is a screen recording of the app and how it works with a swing. This was one of the best practice swings I took last night, data wise, with my 7 iron.

#LeftyGang

I will also be trying out the on course mode today, which I think will be really beneficial. It is my last round of 2023, so was great timing getting the deWiz earlier this week. From that point on, it'll be all indoor work. Stay tuned!

#LeftyGang

42 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Unboxing and first impressions coming soon. Got the first session in last night and will get some more in the afternoon. I agree lots of data to take in to be sure.

44 minutes ago, USMCSnyper said:

OK...so...First night out with the dewiz. There is a TON of data to parse through. I'll say that night one was a success. You'll have to wait for the details 🙂

I think one thing I am going to try hard to do is look at certain data point during certain sessions. It could definitely become a tool where if you're trying to focus on too much all at once, nothing will improve. I am going to try and take the approach of working on a specific metric on one day, another the next, etc. 

One thing is for sure, it is a SUPER cool device and I feel like could absolutely be transformational for me.

#LeftyGang

Congrats folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

19 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I think one thing I am going to try hard to do is look at certain data point during certain sessions. It could definitely become a tool where if you're trying to focus on too much all at once, nothing will improve. I am going to try and take the approach of working on a specific metric on one day, another the next, etc. 

One thing is for sure, it is a SUPER cool device and I feel like could absolutely be transformational for me.

I agree trying to move too much at once likely is not a great idea, better to try and move one at a time

First impressions wise...  So far, the deWiz is pretty slick.  I've put in about 100 swings in the garage with it using my practice 8 iron & 50°.   I think this establishes a decent baseline for shorter clubs and I would say that the numbers I'm seeing are accurate considering the motion I see from the mannequin is uncanny to what my swing looks like on video.  I've loaded the app onto my tablet so I can take video/use the R10 with my phone to compare in future sessions.  

Here's my swing with a 50° wedge.  Stubby back swing with a heavy move toward the ball in transition.

Recent swing with a 7I for reference.  (This man may have to start wearing suspenders.  🙃)

Screenshot_20231116-064012.png.2e35415a65826efa21824193e49f1103.png

Numbers wise, according to the app, my baseline is actually decent aside from the IDDy statistic.  Which is theoretically supposed to be between +30°-55°.  I'm way, way, way out of line on that one which lead me to reach out on the private facebook group that is available to those that own the deWiz.  They're paying attention and I got a reply from one of the co-founders suggesting that if the number isn't from getting stuck as the app suggests, but might be because of a shorter back swing and slide forward in transition -- which is dead on to what you see in both the path in the app and the video.  Pretty neat feedback very quickly.

One last thing.  Distance wedges is fun and is definitely going to have value, but my suggestion would be to do the first couple sessions without the learning stimuli.  I've never thought of my back swing in terms of inches before and it takes getting used to.  Enough so that you're going to miss far more of the targets than you get right and getting zapped that many times (even at 3) is frustrating.   I will say that it did accelerate the speed at which I learned the length of my back swing.  😆

animal-house-kevin-bacon.gif

Driver

Woods

Hybrids

Irons 

Wedges

Putter

Ball

First Impressions Update

First few notes for everyone....I have a whole lot more written, but I need to organize my thoughts....

image.png

Congratulations Testers; @ejgaudette @Syks7 @GolfSub70 @USMCSnyper!! 

Thank you for your service @USMCSnyper

Looking forward to your evaluations!! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Tested out the on course mode yesterday for deWiz. There were some hiccups along the way, namely that it did not register every swing. This was somewhat frustrating as a couple it did not register were some of my better iron shots of the day, so I did not have that swing data available to compare to poor shots. It almost seemed as though it lost connection to the app or something, not totally sure. The other inconsistency I ran into was that a number of shots did not have the transition recorded. This is more than likely a user error, as maybe I was not still enough right before starting my swing.

Where on course mode absolutely shines, though, is that it allows you to diagnose post round WHY a shot was bad. As a mid-handicap player who still has an inconsistent swing, I cannot understate how valuable this feature is. I am not always able to discern what a good swing feels like vs a bad one. Most of my swings with driver by and large feel the same, so when I rocket one off the toe or shank one, I don't understand why it happens. With deWiz, I can now see it. On nearly all of the shots I had that missed left, I was anywhere from 1-2.6" over the top on my transition. Below is a swing with driver where I pushed it left. You’ll see transition is 1.2” over the top, and both IDDx/IDDy are out of deWiz recommended range. Other metrics, however, look decent.

IMG_1334.png

On the two really good drives I had on the day, both were within +/- 1 of on plane, tempo ratio was 3:1, max hand speed distance to impact was around 20", Backswing width around 28" and steepening/shallowing around 2 degrees. To this point, my biggest inconsistencies are coming in the Max Hand Speed distance to impact and IDDx/IDDy categories. Below is my best drive of the day per deWiz. This ball admittedly was crushed. I was slightly less over the top and less steep, but most other metrics are similar. 

IMG_1333.png

This is an area where I feel may be a bit challenging, as when looking at those two swings without knowing the result of seeing ball flight, I'd not really know if one was much better than the other. Yes, I was more over the top on the poor swing, but not significantly so. This leads me to the question of, "why was the outcome so different?".

Most of my swings with driver were within that +/- 1 on plane, so it leads me to believe that my deficiencies in using my lower body properly are what is causing me to mishit too often. I always believed it was because I was coming way over the top on my swing. Now, I can see that may not be the culprit.

@deWiz Golf, are there any specific recommendations or drills you can make to work on the IDDx/IDDy categories?

#LeftyGang

I updated my original post. More to come. Some interesting results. For example, based on my understanding, when I was hitting significant draws/hooks my transition was actually higher (positive number) and my transition was more "over the top" than my normal swing...

I updated my original post. More to come. Some interesting results. For example, based on my understanding, when I was hitting significant draws/hooks my transition was actually higher (positive number) and my transition was more "over the top" than my normal swing...