Lacassem hitting area build DIY

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Alright folks pretty much done with the temporary build short of putting the actual screen up and the projector. The material list is below for this broken out my each part:

Tent: 

Hitting net and screen:

Projector:

Accessories:

NOTES:

I used a rubber matting underneath the hitting screen that I was able to procure from a friend. Highly recommend something underneath the net for outdoor use. Will keep your screen cleaner.

The projector is one I was also able to get from a friend and is not made anymore but there are similar ones out there. This one happened to work great because of the throw it has.

All in for what I actually purchased I am around $700 for this structure and hitting area. I will be building something permanent next year. I will be doing a hitting platform in the next week or so and will add that to this list when I do. Looking at another $150 for that once I am done.

Thanks for putting a list together. Project turned out amazing!  

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Thanks for putting a list together. Project turned out amazing!  

Not done yet! Just enough to me to swing for now lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 12/23/2023 at 7:30 PM, Lacassem said:

2nd time is the charm and much happier with how the net came out this go around. Just need to get the screen up in the coming weeks and do the platform. For now she works for hitting though!

IMG_3040.jpeg

This looks awesome! Now I got something else to start making 🫡

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Not done yet! Just enough to me to swing for now lol

Hey that's the part that matters most. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

18 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I will be doing a hitting platform in the next week or so and will add that to this list when I do. Looking at another $150 for that once I am done.

Try to find a sturdy 6' pallet, cover it with 1/2" plywood. Down here you can pick them up for free everywhere 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Try to find a sturdy 6' pallet, cover it with 1/2" plywood. Down here you can pick them up for free everywhere 

My dad was talking about that and have been debating if I should go that route instead of 2x4 and doing a floor type…..could save a lot of money and put more into the grass and hitting spot

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

If you decided to go the sub floor projector route, you can raise it easily, by just adding some 2x4 pieces to the bottom corners.

This is a lowes cement block pallet I acquired during a project.

17040465782861985115486553438604.jpg.06e8850ae140c7c9737330dfb6ac0498.jpg

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Highly recommend the lights in the link if you’re looking for them and don’t want to hardwire. These plug ins work great and will not break the bank

IMG_3161.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 12/31/2023 at 4:50 AM, Josh Parker said:

that I was able to procure from a friend

I love this. Sounds like back kn my young, active duty days when we needed somethjng no one had and it just appeared;

Chief: "where did you guys get that?"

E4/5: "Uh, we were able to procure it/them Chief."

Good/smart Chief: "Do I even want to know? Wait. Don't answer that. Get it fixed and get outta here. We're underway tomorrow; if nothing else breaks."

🤣

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

42 minutes ago, Subdiver1 said:

I love this. Sounds like back kn my young, active duty days when we needed somethjng no one had and it just appeared;

Good/smart Chief: "Do I even want to know? Wait. Don't answer that. Get it fixed and get outta here. We're underway tomorrow; if nothing else breaks."

🤣

I’ve learned a lot in my 35 years. That’s one of them 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Subdiver1 said:

🤣

@Subdiver1That reminds my (E5) Iraq 2006 I got all kinds of LED lights on my vehicle and as I was getting ready to hit the road on a convoy my Commander said “Nice set up Davila, where did you get all this? because I want all the vehicles to look like yours” My answer: “Ma’am you do not want to know” 😂😂

Then SGT Davila did not make SSG 🤡

Edited by Luisddavila

Just in case anyone is looking at building one of these that @Lacassem built.  

I found the 3 way corners in a set of 6 on Amazon for pretty cheap.  3/4in is $30 and I think 1in was $55

Here is the Amazon Link

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

23 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Just in case anyone is looking at building one of these that @Lacassem built.  

I found the 3 way corners in a set of 6 on Amazon for pretty cheap.  3/4in is $30 and I think 1in was $55

Here is the Amazon Link

And the 3/4 conduit will be less as well if you go that route.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

28 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And the 3/4 conduit will be less as well if you go that route.

Yeah, I saw it at home depot for $9 and some change for a 10ft stick

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

33 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Yeah, I saw it at home depot for $9 and some change for a 10ft stick

Yea 1” is about double that unfortunately. Luckily I know a guy 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I am seriously considering building a makeshift hitting area. I have a standalone carport out back that may work for this. Also think im going to scour fb for people getting rid of trampolines. That will probably be the best material as an outdoor net backer.

WITB-

25 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I am seriously considering building a makeshift hitting area. I have a standalone carport out back that may work for this. Also think im going to scour fb for people getting rid of trampolines. That will probably be the best material as an outdoor net backer.

It’s worth it man. It’s not the most booshi thing in the world but she gets the job done and I’m swinging every day. Little chilly in these parts but it stays functional especially since it cuts the wind out.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

33 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Just be careful you don't want to end up like this guy:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0UsuzstqNa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Definitely recommend padding your stuff lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

25 minutes ago, Gmorenojr said:

First, awesome build!  I’m definitely borrowing some ideas for my garage build, but $3400 for a projector?  Geez. 🤑

That’s because it’s a laser projector. Mine works fine and at $300 a bargain. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Have you clicked on my profile pic?  😆 🤣 😂 

WITB-

7 hours ago, Gmorenojr said:

First, awesome build!  I’m definitely borrowing some ideas for my garage build, but $3400 for a projector?  Geez. 🤑

I believe he got it from a friend, so it was either way cheaper or free.

You can get good refurbished projectors on Ebay for under $400.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

11 hours ago, Gmorenojr said:

There are WAY more affordable ones lol. Like I said, I know a guy.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Awesome build so far @Lacassem

I've been toying with the idea of building a hitting area in my garage. It would have to be very modular so I can still park both cars in the garage (MI winters are brutal). HOA will not allow tents or any additional structures. We'll see if I get around to it, but this is inspiring. 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Love following this, unfortuantely lack the space up this way though we dream of building an actual garage and lets just say ceiling height and space will be coming into thought to make it possible.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Looking good @Lacassem.

I saw your post on Insta saying you felt it was comfortable even at 20 degrees outside. What was the temperature inside the structure? If it dips much below 35 in the garage it's not ideal for me. Though I wonder if grass vs. concrete might make a difference there as well.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 3.6 / Anti-Cap: 9.9 (Last Updated Sept. 1, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Looking good @Lacassem.

I saw your post on Insta saying you felt it was comfortable even at 20 degrees outside. What was the temperature inside the structure? If it dips much below 35 in the garage it's not ideal for me. Though I wonder if grass vs. concrete might make a difference there as well.

I did not take a temperature (but will, it is very raw today so I will get something later) but I would say it was above 32 (if I had to guess I would say 38) when I was out there last week, which so many will say that is still cold but just to be out of the wind is huge as you know. I do have a heater I have not tested yet. 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I did not take a temperature (but will, it is very raw today so I will get something later) but I would say it was above 32 (if I had to guess I would say 38) when I was out there last week, which so many will say that is still cold but just to be out of the wind is huge as you know. I do have a heater I have not tested yet. 

That's about what my garage hovers at this time of year. It might break 40 if it's really sunny. 38 is fine once you get swinging, in my opinion.

I have a small propane bullet heater that I run, alongside a CO2 detector, although my garage has a noticeable breeze through it (no insulation, no ceiling and vented soffits). If the heater runs for 15-20 minutes I can get the temperature to rise 3-4 degrees, which sometimes makes all the difference.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 3.6 / Anti-Cap: 9.9 (Last Updated Sept. 1, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

19 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Love following this, unfortuantely lack the space up this way though we dream of building an actual garage and lets just say ceiling height and space will be coming into thought to make it possible.

Yeah that's my holdback too unfortunately from doing something like this. If I were to build something in my garage, at most I'd be able to swing a 7i and even that would be dicey. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S