Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Set Wedge vs. Specialty Wedge

Just to echo what a lot of others have said, it all depends on the use of that wedge. I prefer a set wedge for anything under 50*, as those tend to be used for full swings more often than not and I just have better results. Anything above 50* and I usually go with a specialty wedge, as those tend to be used for touch shots or nothing more than a half swing. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I was a set wedge guy and made sure to purchase Gap Wedge with new T200 Set.  The set Gap did not feel nor seem to perform as well as Gap - Jaws Raw wedge.  Just put the Jaws Raw Gap back in on 1/1/24 and already feeling the difference, including hitting the Callaway Jaws Gap Wedge further than the stock set Gap.  The shafts are definitely different. Jaws Raw is a Dynamic Gold wedge flex.  T200 Gap is AMT Black S300. 

I'm sticking with Gap - Jaws Raw; 54 & 58 degree Vokey SM8 - M Grinds.  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I’m also in the set wedge camp. My gap wedge is a full swing club and is an extension of the rest of my iron set. Prior to all the loft strengthening, there were no gap wedges in iron sets. The pitching wedge was the end of the set. Then you added a specialty sand wedge. Now the loft gaps are roughly 4 degrees so you have a pw, gw, sw and lw with specialty wedges to fill every slot. I’m not sure having 4 clubs in the bag with wedge in the name really helps the beginner to average player. 

Ping G425- D, 3, 7

Ping i230- 5 to U

Ping Glide 3- 54/14, 58/14

Cameron Select Newport 2

I have a 48* set wedge, T150, and then Vokey 52* and 58*

for me it’s whether the club will be used a lot in the short game.  If it’s primarily a full swing club go set wedge, short game and more partial shots then Vokey. 
Specialty wedges generally spin more, and have better grinds for chipping and pitching. 

Ping G400

Ping G410 3,5,7

JPX 921 Hotmetal

Vokey 54, 58M

Odyssey #1 black

It comes down mostly to personal preference, but if you’re truly indifferent there are some factors that can influence your decision.  I believe mainly it rests with what set you’re playing.  If your in a players set or low handicap style set then I’d say use the specialty wedge. That player can benefit from the versatility the specialty wedge offers.  If you’re in any sort of improvement club, I think it’s best to go with a set wedge.  That player will benefit from the help the set is offering.  Also, that player probably doesn’t need the multiple shot options the specialty wedge offers. They need to be grooving a singular swing and the set wedge offers that “help” and consistency with the other clubs. 

Doesn't really matter what the crowd is using.  Comes down to your game.  My irons have 50 g graphite shafts.  My specialty wedges use a heavier steel shaft.  For finesse, I prefer the feel of the heavier wedge.  I have the room, so I carry a 48 set W and a 50 degree Vokey.  For full shots, the 50 degree left close to a 20 yard gap to the PW.  Added the 48 and now I have the gap filled.

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

The reason there are so many grinds in specialty wedges, like Vokeys, is to optimize turf conditions and swing path. In my local area, desert golf, one would think that the turf is always rock hard so maybe buy a grind for that turf. But it isn't true all year round. I have Vokeys, and they play better during the summer than the winter. If you buy irons and they interact with the turf in a pleasant way, then I think set wedges. I am really looking for a replacement for my 50 Vokey and having bought Rogue ST irons this year I am thinking about their gap wedge as I like the turf interaction. 

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

I use set wedges for PW and Gap, then Vokey for 54 and 58...with different bounce designations. I had gone through a Titliest Wedge and Putter fitting before so I also order the Vokey wedges with the same shaft as my irons...

I have used Vokey wedges for several years and found them to perform well with what I need them for.

Similarly I use Scotty Cameron putters for the same reasons...they just seem to work better for me.

Good luck on your choice and have a successful 2024!

Golf Gear Head

4 hours ago, Schenectady Putter said:

Winter reading 3 Releases by Daniel Grieve. A deep dive into the art of using wedges in the 30-90 yard range around the green. The author points out the different swing technique that is used on a full iron swing (using leading edge/divot after the ball) and the "finesse" swing used around the green (using bounce/divot either at or before the ball). My iron set has the PW at 44* with same bounce design as the 5-9 irons in the set  Mostly use set irons for full swings. Vokey 48* 10 F, 54*14 F, 58* 12 D for use around the greens, and rarely used for full swing.

If you buy in to the idea of looking at specialty wedges, you accept the need for addressing issues like gapping, swingweight, and bounce factor that is not dealt with with standard iron sets.

Big Fan of Dan Grieve, and I've been revisiting his book over this past year. Wish I had access to a better chipping green closer to home, but I've been making due in my backyard or off a Matt in a garage

3 hours ago, tdroma98 said:

I was a set wedge guy and made sure to purchase Gap Wedge with new T200 Set.  The set Gap did not feel nor seem to perform as well as Gap - Jaws Raw wedge.  Just put the Jaws Raw Gap back in on 1/1/24 and already feeling the difference, including hitting the Callaway Jaws Gap Wedge further than the stock set Gap.  The shafts are definitely different. Jaws Raw is a Dynamic Gold wedge flex.  T200 Gap is AMT Black S300. 

I'm sticking with Gap - Jaws Raw; 54 & 58 degree Vokey SM8 - M Grinds.  

I also carry the Jaws Raw. I have an older set of Ping i3+ clubs. The gap/U wedge is a 52 degree, so I was using that along with a 56 and a 60. I ended up picking up a 52 degree used Jaws Raw. Seems weird to have both clubs in the bag and thus why I started asking for opinions. I borrowed a friends 52 Jaws Raw and for the Bump and runs around the greens and small 20 yard chips, have been significantly better than my Gap wedge of the same loft.  However, I haven't used a full swing 52 degree jaws raw yet, to see if I'm leaving the U wedge in or out. 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

1 hour ago, Shakeyfly said:

Big Fan of Dan Grieve, and I've been revisiting his book over this past year. Wish I had access to a better chipping green closer to home, but I've been making due in my backyard or off a Matt in a garage

I also carry the Jaws Raw. I have an older set of Ping i3+ clubs. The gap/U wedge is a 52 degree, so I was using that along with a 56 and a 60. I ended up picking up a 52 degree used Jaws Raw. Seems weird to have both clubs in the bag and thus why I started asking for opinions. I borrowed a friends 52 Jaws Raw and for the Bump and runs around the greens and small 20 yard chips, have been significantly better than my Gap wedge of the same loft.  However, I haven't used a full swing 52 degree jaws raw yet, to see if I'm leaving the U wedge in or out. 

@Shakeyfly I went with the Callaway Jaws Raw 48 degree, 10 degree bounce & S grind. Also got fitted for the Wedge Flex.  There is a difference between the Wedge Flex & AMT Black S300 shafts.  I like the "Raw Black" look. This club will be staying in the bag! 

0.jpg.305ea713212ffa7d73cce97b3fa86165.jpg

Edited by tdroma98

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

The only wedge I get with the set is the PW.  I have Callaway Jaws 50* with graphic shaft.  Absolutely love this from 125 and in!  My sand and lob wedges are Clevelands'.  It all depends on the design.  Most of the wedges that you can add to the set are to wide for my liking.

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ...Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 10.5*

Mizuno Irons: JPX 923 Tour

Irons: Proto Rose

Ladies Golf Balls - Titleist Golf Logo Clipart (#110861) - PinClipartWedges: SM7 52.08; SM6 60.04

Cleveland Golf Png & Free Cleveland Golf.png Transparent Images ...Wedges: Zip core: 54, and 58 

Callaway Golf Wedge: Jaws 50

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ... Putter: Platinum S

Odyssey putter: Jail Bird

Ive always used wedges in 58 and 54 then used iron set wedge for A and PW since I just used the 58 and 54 around the green and full shots with A and PW.  I’ve recently put a Vokey 50 in the bag and suddenly it’s my favorite for chipping and I’m thinking of adding a Vokey of Cleveland RX6 PW.  They are slightly less forgiving but I like their versatility around the green esp for chipping. 

Driver Ping 410+ w/  TENSI orange 60 shaft stiff

Ping 3W 425 TENSI orange shaft stiff

Ping 5W 425 TENSI orange shaft stiff

Ping 4 Hybrid orange shaft stiff

Taylormade 790 5 -A irons w/ Aerotech Steelfiber I 95 stiff shafts

Titliest Wedges  SM7 - 54.14 F grind, 58.10 S grind 

Ping Ketcsh Putter

Arccos Sensors

Spoiler

I think it all depends on you and how comfortable you are hitting non-set wedges. Set wedges are def easier to hit and way more forgiving and normally longer.

I myself swapped from PW and GW set wedges to Vokey's a couple years ago - I had always been a Reg 588 guy for my 56 - did not carry anything lower 

Now I carry a 45, 48 54 and 58 - I know some people look at the gap between the 45 and 48 and 54 as something that is odd, but it suits me for sure.

They all have a purpose the way I utilize them - with the set wedges I could never get the right spin control or flight path that I needed.

In the end to me it seems to be a personal preference as I know people that are way better than me that use the set wedges and some that use non-set wedges  

I also know that with the cost of golf equipment, testing wedges is not an ideal situation so you may have to borrow from people to test clubs 

Driver 1:  :taylormade-small: Stealth 12 degree - Ventus Red 5-S 

Driver 2: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60G Stiff (tipped to 44.5inch)

3 Wood 2: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Fujikura Pro 65-S (higher ball flight)

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Black 6-S

9 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Red 5-R

Irons: :cobra-small: King Tour 2023 - Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff - 6-9 - Fitted 

Wedges: :titleist-small: SM9 - 45-10F, 48-10F, 54-12-D, 58-12D (Testing Callaway Jaws 58-12-W)

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S - Fitted 

Balls :odin: - X1

All personal preference…For me, it’s all specialty/non set wedges inside 135 (less than PW).  My irons had the option of an AW, but rather than that I picked up another Edison wedge.  Depending on where I’m playing I’ll have 3 or 4 wedges in my bag after PW.  All produce consistent full shots down to chipping and pitching.  I think of my wedges as a subset of my irons and prefer they match each other rather than the main body of irons.  If you haven’t tried the Edison wedges, you should, the dual grind sole is exceptional.  

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

I only have the set pw and use three specialty wedges.  I keep iron sets longer than the grooves last on my wedges so replacing the 49, 53 & 57 specialty wedges happens more often.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I have two set wedges, a 45* PW and 50* AW, and two specialty wedges, a 54* and 58*. I've found that setup to be good for full swing gapping and the higher lofted specialty wedges allow for flexibility around the greens.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

If you play partial, finesse shots, Vokeys have a better feel than the set wedge.

I replaced my set T200 48° with an SM9 model (Modus³ 105S, both clubs) last year, and the performance is similar but all full swings, too. I play finesse/partial shots with my Vokey SM9 52° and 58° (Modus³ 120S). 

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

I currently have "specialty" 50* / 54* and 58* wedges. In my mind, if they made a 50* wedge in my current iron, I would probably rather play that. I only ever hit full shots with the 50* and I don't really "flight" them ever. So I don't really need special relief on the sole or higher CG placement to get ball flight down. I don't really have an issue with the 50* so it is fine but every now and then I catch one a little thin and wonder "would that have flown better if it is was a different head design?" The blade wedges look great but I am dubious if they have much of a performance benefit for me on a full swing. If I was ballooning balls constantly with a set wedge or having wayy too low of spin that might be a reason to look into a specialty wedge or if you use them around the green a lot and need the sole versatility. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

You are fitted, I hope, for a set of irons for FULL SWING. I would stick with the wedge from the set for distances where you do a full swing, essentially a 10 iron.  For less than full swing, or your shortest full swing, then go pick and choose what wedges you like.  I love my Mizuno wedges, but I use an old Hogan Sure-Out sand wedge.  It has a big heavy sole, and rumor has it that Ben Hogan knew his stuff. I moved recently, and now play a course with a lot of hard pan and little deep grass rough.  So I needed a short wedge for tight lies.  My Mizuno T7 60 degree wedge comes out of the bag, and a Vokey T grind 60 goes in.  The narrow sole is exactly what I need for hitting a 20 or 30 yard shot from the dry dirt.  Match your wedges to your course.  If you have kikuya, or kudzu or ivy, around the green, you might attach a Henkel steak knife to the front edge of a wedge to cut thru the darn stuff.

Also there are small companies that make some really good wedges with different trajectory and spin characteristics than your set , for a variety of distances.  Indi Golf, Kronus, and Edison are 3 wedge specialty brands.  I have not tried Edison but I live near Indi and went for a test.  I like them a lot.  When my 52 degree Mizuno S5 wears down, I will certainly give Indi a full trial first.

Hope this helps. 

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

On 12/27/2023 at 11:47 AM, Shakeyfly said:

Getting a new set of clubs this winter, and I was curious what everyone's though is on going with a wedge from a set versus a specialty wedge like a Vokey? What would be the reasons that would influence you to go with a 52 degree set wedge vs. a 52 Vokey? 

I've done both, but always seem to come back to the set wedge for the gap wedge because I rarely use it to chip. Gap wedge has same iron shaft. My gap is typically a full or 3/4 shot....only occasional bump and run....since I prefer to use 9 or 8 for bump and runs. Good luck, no bad decision here

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

I feel like I agree with the majority of what I read, I like to use my set gap wedge (50 degree T-100). My specialty wedges are 54 and 58. For me, the set gap wedge is much easier to hit on full shots but I can still use the set wedge for half and 3/4 shots when needed. 

Woods - Callaway Epic Speed 9 degree - Callaway Epic Flash 16 degree - Mizuno CLK 20 degree hybrid

Irons - Titleist T100 4I-AW

Wedges - Taylormade MG2 54 and 58

Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro #2

Instagram - @maythecoursebewith_you 

One other mention....I found the Vokey 50 to be a little dead higher in the head, which is my miss on wedges. Get more consistent results from my T100 gap wedge.

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

• 3 weeks later...

I have 

Both a set GW and MG3 and I play the set one because I only use it for full shots.  I have MG3 56 and 60 for hitting different shots and chipping. So that's how I made the decision.  

image.png.596eab9904a0e99486a09cdb92500ced.png AeroJet LS 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65g Stiff-Flex

image.png.dbc730be382654e44c7d2a48fa6eed67.pngJPX-850 5W 16* Fujikura Motore Tour Spec 6.3 Stiff-Flex

image.png.9454767fdf9faf9965f7cd6c94d1c24a.png 0317X Gen4 2-Hybrid 17* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75g Stiff-Flex or

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png 0211 3-Hybrid 19* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75g Stiff-Flex

image.png.e9d9c096f6e44154c947eaa8b0bd6541.pngPro 223 4-Iron Nippon Shafts Pro Modus3 Tour 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.3ec41f28452096d8fcdde969774ec768.pngMP-20 MMC 5-PW LA Golf Tour AXS Blue 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.ea5de508878d729c6e26f45fb78d76fb.pngPro 223 GW 52* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.25dc4d61c6e70541d98a681e1fade611.pngMG3 56* SB12 & 60* SB10 True Temper Dynamic Gold S400W

image.png.b81b08ab505111827d8b0cdc1bb93d14.pngWorks Big T Blade 350g Super Stroke Fatso 5.0 counterbalanced grip 

image.png.8c023ed39f083a2d0f865ee72c27c8d2.pngAcross the board

• 2 weeks later...

I used to always you the set GW but found i often still had a gap with my SW. I also dont use my my set wedges around the green. Also with lofts becoming stronger, when i switched irons in the spring, i decided to stop at PW in the set and redid my specialty wedges. My Zx5 mkII PW is 44* so I added a 48* approach wedge for full shots and bump and runs. I then put a 53*(52 bent weak 1*) and a 58* to round out the bag. All my wedges are the same lengths. Way more versatility now without the set GW.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star