Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

The Good Evening Thread

Erin B

2 hours ago, Erin B said:

Evening spies! Denver is HOT! Not used to it. Anyway, Dr said the infection was pretty bad and the CIC made the right choice to have the surgery instead of a drainage attempt. So that’s good. She’ll be on antibiotics for a while. These things happen and I’m glad we caught it when we did. I went to the PGA Superstore while she was under the knife. Was exchanging two wedges for two others. The bounce was wrong on the TaylorMades I bought last month. So I went to Vokeys. And I got a SeeMore MiniGiant. Price was $249 and I’d been eyeing it. Saved $150, so justified. 

IMG_5244.jpeg.b45c1ba86f87b86f6613e99a9450c7ca.jpegIMG_5245.jpeg.fe2e843c7eca3f1ef33ce2aaa4961ee8.jpeg

And that’s about it. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. Very much appreciated!

Sending our prayers! 

Glad they caught it!  Does your wife know you are out club ho-ing around? 😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Evening spies. I'm spent!  Out of 5 cases, 3 went to full jury. 1 plead out pre trial, the last waited until he saw the jury, saw me in uniform waiting with a BOX of testimony,  and about 30 minutes in,  his lawyer and the DA made a deal. All my report articulation and evidence was solid. So today was a good day.

If you follow my IG I got some good news today. Waiting on seeing if I can post it here. I value this place and don't want to taint it's core purpose.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Good evening Spies on what was a busy Thursday here for me today.

Managed to get a round in earlier this morning and afternoon with some retired military friends that I played in a league with about 10 years ago.

Walked the course using the Motocaddy, and although it was a new course for the trolley to navigate, again I had absolutely NO ISSUES, and got quite a few looks/questions from others on the course.

Did not keep score this round, it was more about reconnecting and catching-up on the rounds missed over the years, as well as the updating of some who no longer play.

Early evening had to take SWMBO to get some things she needed for a trip she is taking tomorrow through Saturday. Not ideal, but happy wife means happy life.

Glad to hear things went well in Denver @Erin B, and @William P appears your wedge fitting was a success too. 😎

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, William P said:

Hope she is doing and feeling better after the procedure.

What lofts and bounce did you go with in the Vokeys?

48* 10F and 52* 12F she’s chatty Cathy so she’s feeling good.

Edited by Erin B

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft; I TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Newton 5 Dot 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

Irons: New Level 6-PW 902PD 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48, 52; TaylorMade MG4 56* (TW Grind)

Putter: SeeMore Black MiniGiant

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X or Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Evening spies. I'm spent!  Out of 5 cases, 3 went to full jury. 1 plead out pre trial, the last waited until he saw the jury, saw me in uniform waiting with a BOX of testimony,  and about 30 minutes in,  his lawyer and the DA made a deal. All my report articulation and evidence was solid. So today was a good day.

If you follow my IG I got some good news today. Waiting on seeing if I can post it here. I value this place and don't want to taint it's core purpose.

I think we’d all be good to hear your news. Heck I post about my daily all the time. Helps us get to know each other. 

Driver: Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft; I TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Newton 5 Dot 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Sending our prayers! 

Glad they caught it!  Does your wife know you are out club ho-ing around? 😆 

Yes she knows. She told me to go play too. I said I wanna stay close to the hospital just in case. PGA store is 5 miles away. I’m just happy as a pig 🐖 in slop that she’s doing so well. The stress of this has been tough.you all help me deal.

2 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

We all know that your lady has amazing and awesome strength… She would have to, to put up with you. Hope the surgery was a complete success and that she is resting /sleeping comfortably while her psycho clothes wearing husband is hopping around the hospital. 

Damn I love this ^ dude!!! Always brings a smile to my face! Thanks @Dead Solid Bogey

Congrats!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

6 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Congrats!

Thanks!

Good evening gents. Hot day for caddying today. Lost four pounds from my weigh in this morning and that’s after drinking 8 bottles of water during the round and eating dinner after I got home. Maybe I’m on to a new weight loss system? LOL

Glad to hear things are on the right track, @Erin B. Can’t wait to see the new toys when we play together next month. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

Good evening gents. Hot day for caddying today. Lost four pounds from my weigh in this morning and that’s after drinking 8 bottles of water during the round and eating dinner after I got home. Maybe I’m on to a new weight loss system? LOL

Glad to hear things are on the right track, @Erin B. Can’t wait to see the new toys when we play together next month. 

Gotta get em dialed in. I’m hoping that I finally fill the gap with the 48*. The other day I had to hit a PW 110 yards. My old 52* was that club. Spousal unit is good. When I left the hospital she was still good to go. She must have had this infection since the first surgery, cause she says she feels brand new. Manana mis amigos! 

So I played 18 today. Front 9 I was playing pretty decently. Shot a 41. Didn’t really think about it much and just kept chugging along. Back 9 I shot a 47. When I finally looked at my scorecard on 18 birdies after the round, I had 4 holes I three putted on. And all of those holes I was short of the green which inevitably lead to higher scores. I only 3 putted one hole on the front 9. So I guess I need to practice putting more. But an 88 I think is respectable. Should have been closer to 80, but being scared to chip it over the green on some holes lead to those 3 putts. Work continues to break 80

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

3 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

So I played 18 today. Front 9 I was playing pretty decently. Shot a 41. Didn’t really think about it much and just kept chugging along. Back 9 I shot a 47. When I finally looked at my scorecard on 18 birdies after the round, I had 4 holes I three putted on. And all of those holes I was short of the green which inevitably lead to higher scores. I only 3 putted one hole on the front 9. So I guess I need to practice putting more. But an 88 I think is respectable. Should have been closer to 80, but being scared to chip it over the green on some holes lead to those 3 putts. Work continues to break 80

Nice round still man. A few different turns and you definitely could've been under the 80 mark. 👏🏽

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

Good evening Spies!

Half the house is painted, and they are moving slower than anticipated but they are using an elastomeric paint for the stucco that I made them use.  We have a few settling cracks from when the house was built a couple years ago, and this type of paint fills them with ease and will last a long time.

Did get 9 in this afternoon in the 100* heat and had 3 holes that I bogied back-to-back.  Did get one birdie in on the par 5 8th with some great shots and a 6-footer for birdie.

Have a great evening!

Good evening-ish everybody,

Got out to the range again today, much better iron strikes out there. I have to thank the basics, I went back to those and they definitely helped reset my swing. Still plenty of work to do on that front, but it was definitely the push towards forward progress I was looking for.

Hope you all enjoy your Friday night!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

Hit the driving range. Swing felt good.  Tried a couple of Qi10 FWs. I liked the 7FW with a GD Tour IZ 7S shaft, but it’s pricey for something I only hit a couple times a round.

No plans for golf this weekend, but I do have two matches early next week.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

Evening spies!  I may have overdone myself at the sim bay this afternoon.  I have a twinging muscle pain under my rear right rib and my left hip is sore af!

Didn't feel anything until after I just got back from grocery shopping and sat down for 15 minutes, and went ot get up to check the mailbox.

I think I had a productive session, and will be editing and sorting the video shortly.

4 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Evening spies!  I may have overdone myself at the sim bay this afternoon.  I have a twinging muscle pain under my rear right rib and my left hip is sore af!

Didn't feel anything until after I just got back from grocery shopping and sat down for 15 minutes, and went ot get up to check the mailbox.

I think I had a productive session, and will be editing and sorting the video shortly.

Ibuprofen and cold pack for the rib. I have done that before by overswinging.  Take it easy man. Rest and time. 

13 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Ibuprofen and cold pack for the rib. I have done that before by overswinging.  Take it easy man. Rest and time. 

Dang!  I went with hot shower and 2 fingers of bourbon!  😆 

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

Well those help in the interim and at least take the brain off the pain for a bit. Haha

1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Nice round still man. A few different turns and you definitely could've been under the 80 mark. 👏🏽

My goal is to be able to break 85 consistently by the end of the year. My driver and woods used to be my best clubs. Now it’s my irons and woods. Driver has a mind of its own at the moment. And my chipping game is either really dialed in or like on the back nine today, absolutely terrified. In all honesty, I think I need to go with an x-stiff driver shaft to help me stop duck hooking it. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

23 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

That’s a much more enjoyable solution. Let us know how it works out for ya!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

7 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

PXL_20240614_234334377_MP.jpg.3f9d4dea30507fbfc57f5a5a390fdab0.jpg

@Josh Parker.. I'm assuming Josh P that sent this was you..🫵✊🙌🫅🏆

Yes sir!  

Good evening Spies on a no golf activity at all Friday for me.

Actually spent a few hours washing my cars getting them ready for a Cars & Coffee event we are putting on to support Leader Dogs tomorrow.

I am the designated photographer for our club at this event, and will post a link to the pictures to them tomorrow after it is completed.

Hoping to get to the range on Sunday, golf courses will be packed for Father's Day, so I will avoid the dreaded 6 hour round.

Hope you get to feeling better sooner than later @Rob Person without the two fingers of bourbon assistance. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

1 minute ago, Bubba1985 said:

Much appreciated!!.. If u have cash app just DM me and I will pay back any shipping or other cost

All good. Cost a stamp to send.  

Another day done.. The heat has returned.. Back to triple digit temperatures with added heat indexes should make for a good test of my strength and stamina. Hands and wrists are doing alright, they are still functional.  
   It is still  looking like I should be headed back to the “ Dark Kingdom “ late Monday. Speaking of the “ Dark Kingdom “… My “ Demolish Derby Darling “ has informed me that she has found a cute vehicle that makes her feel big when she is sitting in it…My first thought was; OMG …. the woman wants a semi tractor!!! I don’t know what it is she has found, it is doubtful she knows. The only thing I do know is that; OUCH!! It is definitely going to hurt the family bank account.  
   Hopefully those dads out there can get started on an early Father’s Day celebration this evening. May the rest of you spies enjoy your evening and have fun this weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Another day done.. The heat has returned.. Back to triple digit temperatures with added heat indexes should make for a good test of my strength and stamina. Hands and wrists are doing alright, they are still functional.  
   It is still  looking like I should be headed back to the “ Dark Kingdom “ late Monday. Speaking of the “ Dark Kingdom “… My “ Demolish Derby Darling “ has informed me that she has found a cute vehicle that makes her feel big when she is sitting in it…My first thought was; OMG …. the woman wants a semi tractor!!! I don’t know what it is she has found, it is doubtful she knows. The only thing I do know is that; OUCH!! It is definitely going to hurt the family bank account.  
   Hopefully those dads out there can get started on an early Father’s Day celebration this evening. May the rest of you spies enjoy your evening and have fun this weekend. 

The heat is getting brutal. 

Good luck on the vehicle purchase. My guess is it isn't a pinto....