Titleist GT Long Game - 2024 Forum Review

2 minutes ago, ctg44 said:

I went into the PGA Tour Superstore through which I placed my custom order this afternoon before I went to meet my son to play and talked to their operations manager.  He called me a little later and gave me the bad news...it was going to be 4-6 MORE weeks before Titleist had enough of the Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 6S shafts in stock to get to my order in the queue...He agreed to process a cancelation of the special order despite it being outside of the normal 24-hour window, and ensured me I would get my refund.  He even suggested that if there was too much of a delay to let my credit card fight about it since they had failed to deliver and I'd been accruing interest for 4 weeks already.

So, after my round, my son and I dropped by the store and guess what we found on the rack?  Yeah, they had BOTH an 8° GT2 head in stock AND the aforementioned Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 6S shaft.  Now, even though it's child's play at this point for me to pop a grip off and shorten the shaft 1/2" to get to my specs, I'll have to wait a couple of days and hope the Amazon option I found is a match for the GT2 weight placement at the rear of the driver.  If not, I will have to track down my fitter at PGASS and take him up on his offer to swap out my standard 9 gram weight for the store's +2 gram (11 gram total) weight so I actually got the driver for which I was fitted.  In the interim, I'm using <gasp> a couple of grams of tungsten tape to get the weight right and hopefully recreate the bombing runs I was generating in my fitting.  I put the tungsten tape down in the negative space behind the standard weight, so it's hard to see if you don't know it's there.

For those that haven't had the chance to see this combination in person, maybe now you understand why I've DYING inside the past month waiting to put my hands on this thing...enjoy my pictures.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

Not going to lie. I pretty much zoned out after reading that comment about 4-6 more weeks for the Tour AD-VF 6S. I am only waiting on one for the driver since I got the heavier 7S for the fairways, but it is what it is if they have a delay. Enjoy your new GT2 in the meantime. Shouldn't be hard to accomplish the added weight one way or another. Guess I'll find out my status soon enough as it still says estimated ship date 9/16 as of today. 

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

7 hours ago, ctg44 said:

I went into the PGA Tour Superstore through which I placed my custom order this afternoon before I went to meet my son to play and talked to their operations manager.  He called me a little later and gave me the bad news...it was going to be 4-6 MORE weeks before Titleist had enough of the Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 6S shafts in stock to get to my order in the queue...He agreed to process a cancelation of the special order despite it being outside of the normal 24-hour window, and ensured me I would get my refund.  He even suggested that if there was too much of a delay to let my credit card fight about it since they had failed to deliver and I'd been accruing interest for 4 weeks already.

So, after my round, my son and I dropped by the store and guess what we found on the rack?  Yeah, they had BOTH an 8° GT2 head in stock AND the aforementioned Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 6S shaft.  Now, even though it's child's play at this point for me to pop a grip off and shorten the shaft 1/2" to get to my specs, I'll have to wait a couple of days and hope the Amazon option I found is a match for the GT2 weight placement at the rear of the driver.  If not, I will have to track down my fitter at PGASS and take him up on his offer to swap out my standard 9 gram weight for the store's +2 gram (11 gram total) weight so I actually got the driver for which I was fitted.  In the interim, I'm using <gasp> a couple of grams of tungsten tape to get the weight right and hopefully recreate the bombing runs I was generating in my fitting.  I put the tungsten tape down in the negative space behind the standard weight, so it's hard to see if you don't know it's there.

For those that haven't had the chance to see this combination in person, maybe now you understand why I've been DYING inside the past month waiting to put my hands on this thing...enjoy my pictures.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

Wow - talk about a good find! Love that color combination of the head and shaft too! 

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

15 hours ago, ctg44 said:

For those that haven't had the chance to see this combination in person, maybe now you understand why I've been DYING inside the past month waiting to put my hands on this thing...enjoy my pictures.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

When is the maiden voyage?!

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

19 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

When is the maiden voyage?!

I got in about an hour on the driving range yesterday, the last 20+ minutes or so of which I finally felt warmed up enough to feel I could swing the driver relatively well after sitting in a bad chair at a training center all day.

The stats aren't bad either, considering I'm nursing a sprained wrist I got officiating a travel hockey game about two weeks ago...all thanks to a less-than-skilled 14-year-old hockey player trying to find a puck in my feet as he skated at full speed counting the number of snowflakes on the ice instead of looking where he was going.

The spin rates are weird, but then again, my SC300 launch monitor has always struggled to gauge spin with range balls.  I like the fact that even with a sore wrist and range balls and not really feeling 100% I was still getting basically the same numbers I was with a ProV1X Left Dash in my fitting and even better, the only balls that went left of the "fairway" target line were ones I started up the middle and intentionally tried to put draw spin on.  However, when I set up normally, I found I never in danger of going left, even when I really went after the ball like shot #9 (note:  these are in reverse order of being  hit...#23 was the 1st shot hit, and #1 was the last).

The first actual round with the GT2 will be Sunday around noon, but we'll have spent a decent chunk of Saturday in the car driving to watch our son officiate a hockey game.  At 19, he's still one of the youngest full-time officials in the national development program, and he's in year 2 on his pathway to being a pro hockey official.  It's going well for him and he's progressing towards his goal of being an NHL linesman.  However, he moves to Minnesota next weekend to work out of that region for the year, so we're trying to see him as much as possible.  That means my back and legs are going to be sore Sunday, so I'm sure I won't be quite as good as I could be.  If I drive the whole way there and back Saturday, I am betting my wrist is pretty sore Sunday, too.

image.png.f25dd351162127c571d0e1a4ad41952c.png

On 9/12/2024 at 6:43 AM, CFreddie said:

Wow - talk about a good find! Love that color combination of the head and shaft too! 

It is without a doubt the nicest looking and sounding driver I've ever owned.  I can't wait until I have an actual 11 gram weigh to put in the back instead of tungsten tape to really see what I can do with this thing.

Edited by ctg44

Sorry for semi-hijacking the official review thread, guys.  I'll go away once you all get your gear and can start putting up your data.  I didn't think it made any sense to throw up an unofficial thread of my own though.

6 minutes ago, ctg44 said:

Sorry for semi-hijacking the official review thread, guys.  I'll go away once you all get your gear and can start putting up your data.  I didn't think it made any sense to throw up an unofficial thread of my own though.

No worries from me. I can't speak for the other testers, but there is only so much more I can contribute for the time being other than gifs of me twiddling my thumbs or refreshing the order info for shipping updates. I'm more than happy to answers questions, but I tried to be fairly detailed about my fitting already and I'm just waiting for now. @Golf2Much had his fitting recently and I'm sure will share soon enough, so we are all waiting. 

@ctg44 actually I did have a question since you ended up in the Tour AD VF like I did. I saw @GolfSpy_KFT said he felt like he had to really go after the VF to get it to kick while the UB was smoother for him. Was wondering how the VF felt to you because I felt like it was smooth for my usual swing but still held up when I got a little quick or went after it in the stiff flex. The X flex worked fine when I got after it, but wasn't as good for my stock swing, and I certainly don't have a swing speed to justify an X flex. The Ventus on the other hand I felt like I had to go all out to get anything out of it. I'm definitely more of the lazy swing type, but I do notice the Motore X in my current driver can feel a little loose when I get quick.

8 minutes ago, RichL85 said:

@ctg44 actually I did have a question since you ended up in the Tour AD VF like I did. I saw @GolfSpy_KFT said he felt like he had to really go after the VF to get it to kick while the UB was smoother for him. Was wondering how the VF felt to you because I felt like it was smooth for my usual swing but still held up when I got a little quick or went after it in the stiff flex. The X flex worked fine when I got after it, but wasn't as good for my stock swing, and I certainly don't have a swing speed to justify an X flex. The Ventus on the other hand I felt like I had to go all out to get anything out of it. I'm definitely more of the lazy swing type, but I do notice the Motore X in my current driver can feel a little loose when I get quick.

So, while I to CAN still swing an X flex just fine, I was mega-impressed with the 6S flex in the Tour AD-VF...after being VERY (and I do mean VERY) unimpressed with the feel in the 6X of it on numerous occasions in other drivers, namely the AiSmoke TD and the GT3.  My old driver shaft (with an Epic Flash Tour Certified 8.5 degree head) is a Tensei CK 70 TX (so actually a 77 gram shaft). While I can still get basically the same distance out of it, I wasn't consistent enough with it. Frankly, it really was a Low / Low shaft for me because of the high kickpoint being a bad combo with my loading profile tending towards such a high angle of attack.  

I really felt like the VF was the best of both worlds.  It could handle my normal swing and give me some good, consistent distance, but if I needed to go after one to get some rollout or to get a little more forced carry, it could handle that without getting too wild too...Is it perfect?  No, but that's mainly because my consistency of strike location on the face isn't perfect.  The nice thing about combining it w/ the GT2 is that fixes a lot of that too. 

Another thing about the GT2 is it's not just for the old guys. One of the local kids who's college-bound at the D1 level next year put the GT2 on the end of a Ventus Black 6X and went from hitting it 305 to hitting it 323 and missing almost 0 fairways a round.  He was already the best golfer on the team as a junior and made it to State finals in Texas both with the varsity team and as an individual qualifier, which, when you think about having produced guys like Scheffler and Spieth, that's not a small feat.

2 hours ago, ctg44 said:

image.png.f25dd351162127c571d0e1a4ad41952c.png

So jealous of these numbers. I swing around 100mph and seem to only max out around 225 on course. My Ti340 got to 245 max without wind or rollout. I just feel like I'm missing out on some 30+ yards at my swing speed. Even at your slowest swings (~102.5), you're still 260+ carry). Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

I think there's more to the full package of delivering a club to the ball than just the speed at which it gets there.  Sometimes, I see people get the ball to the club fast, but it seems to die quickly upon contact.  One thing I seem to be able to do really well is to hold my clubhead speed all the way through and past impact, meaning I'm imparting that force just a little longer.  Whether that's because I'm using a smaller and firmer grip that allows me to really connect to the shaft, or my hockey slapshot power coming out into my golf swing (hence the usually high angle of attack on my balls despite an 8° driver head turned down 0.75° to the C1 setting), I don't know, but I generally get pretty good efficiency numbers from my swings.  

Even when I wasn't hitting the @Toura Golf CB irons particularly long, the smash factor #s were still good for my clubhead speeds (mostly 1.46-1.47 and above), so I'm rarely in an area where I'm not "getting my money's worth" from a swing.  Fortunately, I've got pretty good genetics on being strong, and at 6'4", I have a long arc to get the speed to a decent number even as I have reached 51 years old now...

We'll see how Sunday's round goes...and if the GT2 does indeed fix the fairway finding woes I've had this year and give me more chances to attack greens and I still can't do that, well, the @Toura Golf CB irons might get another chance to knock the P7MCs back out of the back as my approach game continues to be a case of Heckyl and Jyde...

2 hours ago, ctg44 said:

Guest participation is welcomed and encouraged!!! 

The more information our members get from varying viewpoints, the more informed they can be when making a purchase decision!

Also my shipping date moved up A WEEK to 9/27 from 10/4! Here's to hoping it makes one more jump! lol

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

As @RichL85 indicated, I had my GT Long Game fitting on Wednesday, September 11th.  It was held at Breakers West Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, about 5 1/2-hour drive from Key West.  My Titleist fitter Adam Lash did a great job with what he had!  Even though I popped two ibuprofens before I left early Wednesday morning and two before the session, I didn't have my best swings by the time I got to the fitting.  

I made a classic mistake for people getting fit:  I was too warmed up!  I arrived about an hour plus early and decided to hit a few balls at their range.  I could see the fitting center on the opposite side of the range and couldn't wait to get down there and get fitted!  On the range, I actually hit my irons, fairway woods and driver pretty well!  The problem is that I hit too many of them.  Especially when the "feels like temperature" was 100 plus degrees with 94% humidity.  I got tired, grabbed three waters and sat in the shade until Adam came to pick me up.  By then, I had stiffened up a bit, knew I only had a certain number of good swings left and didn't bother to hit a sufficient number of other warm up balls before we started our journey.

I won't spill the beans on my overall experience quite yet!  I'm waiting to get my Trackman results so I can provide you all with actual versus perceived data.  @ctg44, I mentioned to Adam to scan my Quick Log In QR code on Trackman, but he wasn't familiar with that.  Hopefully, I'll get my Trackman data very soon and I can complete my fitting story.  

Until then, hang in there.  I got a feeling we're going to have some interesting reviews of the new Titleist GT drivers and fairway woods!

Edited by Golf2Much
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

17 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

As @RichL85 indicated, I had my GT Long Game fitting on Wednesday, September 11th.  It was held at Breakers West Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, about 5 1/2-hour drive from Key West.  My Titleist fitter Adam Lash did a great job with what he had!  Even though I popped two ibuprofens before I left early Wednesday morning and two before the session, I didn't have my best swings by the time I got to the fitting.  

I made a classic mistake for people getting fit:  I was too warmed up!  I arrived about an hour plus early and decided to hit a few balls at their range.  I could see the fitting center on the opposite side of the range and couldn't wait to get down there and get fitted!  On the range, I actually hit my irons, fairway woods and driver pretty well!  The problem is that I hit too many of them.  Especially when the "feels like temperature" was 100 plus degrees with 94% humidity.  I got tired, grabbed three waters and sat in the shade until Adam came to pick me up.  By then, I had stiffened up a bit, knew I only had a certain number of good swings left and didn't bother to hit a sufficient number of other warm up balls before we started our journey.

I won't spill the beans on my overall experience quite yet!  I'm waiting to get my Trackman results so I can provide you all with actual versus perceived data.  @ctg44, I mentioned to Adam to scan my Quick Log In QR code on Trackman, but he wasn't familiar with that.  Hopefully, I'll get my Trackman data very soon and I can complete my fitting story.  

Until then, hand in there.  I got a feeling we're going to have some interesting reviews of the new Titleist GT drivers and fairway woods!

But the most important question - did you get your Costco hotdog?

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

10 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

But the most important question - did you get your Costco hotdog?

IMG_5288.jpeg.c914cf3d98ac682902c5b1181b8cfd4d.jpeg

Sure did!  It has to be the best deal out there!   1/4 pound hot dog and soda (with refill) for $1.50.  After 5 1/2 hours in the car, it was a great treat!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

My ship date is currently showing as September 23, so I'll keep folks updated as that gets closer. As a reminder, I'm in "stock" Tensei blue shafts, which may be why I'm slightly ahead of the curve of other folks.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

On 9/11/2024 at 11:06 PM, ctg44 said:

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

That AD-VF is a darn good looking shaft. Part of me wanted to be fit into it solely on the looks, much like the AD-DI which I didn’t even hit 🤣

That being said, the blue of the AD-UB is fantastic and I can’t wait to get it. Really think Graphite Design just nails the look of their shafts all around. 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

I finally graduated from "Order Confirmed" to "Order in Progress". Hasn't changed the estimated ship date so far, which still sits at September 19th, around a month after my fitting. Not really terrible considering the popularity of the GT line and the shafts. Comparing against my last two experiences with ordering clubs: PXG delivering a full set in about 8 days and Indi delivering wedges in something like 3 days, it feels like it's been a long time. But we are moving ahead, and that's a good sign.

Screenshot_20240913_182352_Gmail.jpg.4e977e882d9537286d8b72e67ddb6ef6.jpg

On 9/13/2024 at 12:17 PM, ctg44 said:

So, while I to CAN still swing an X flex just fine, I was mega-impressed with the 6S flex in the Tour AD-VF...after being VERY (and I do mean VERY) unimpressed with the feel in the 6X of it on numerous occasions in other drivers, namely the AiSmoke TD and the GT3.  My old driver shaft (with an Epic Flash Tour Certified 8.5 degree head) is a Tensei CK 70 TX (so actually a 77 gram shaft). While I can still get basically the same distance out of it, I wasn't consistent enough with it. Frankly, it really was a Low / Low shaft for me because of the high kickpoint being a bad combo with my loading profile tending towards such a high angle of attack.  

I really felt like the VF was the best of both worlds.  It could handle my normal swing and give me some good, consistent distance, but if I needed to go after one to get some rollout or to get a little more forced carry, it could handle that without getting too wild too...Is it perfect?  No, but that's mainly because my consistency of strike location on the face isn't perfect.  The nice thing about combining it w/ the GT2 is that fixes a lot of that too. 

Another thing about the GT2 is it's not just for the old guys. One of the local kids who's college-bound at the D1 level next year put the GT2 on the end of a Ventus Black 6X and went from hitting it 305 to hitting it 323 and missing almost 0 fairways a round.  He was already the best golfer on the team as a junior and made it to State finals in Texas both with the varsity team and as an individual qualifier, which, when you think about having produced guys like Scheffler and Spieth, that's not a small feat.

Definitely not just an old mans club as it’s in the bag or PGA Tour players. 

On 9/13/2024 at 1:22 PM, Shrek74 said:

So jealous of these numbers. I swing around 100mph and seem to only max out around 225 on course. My Ti340 got to 245 max without wind or rollout. I just feel like I'm missing out on some 30+ yards at my swing speed. Even at your slowest swings (~102.5), you're still 260+ carry). Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Jason.  A fitter once told me, it’s not how fast you swing, it’s how you swing fast.   

Think on that 😉

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

39 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Jason.  A fitter once told me, it’s not how fast you swing, it’s how you swing fast.   

Think on that 😉

Can definitely agree there. When I think about swing fast, it doesn't happen. All the energy I think I'm putting into the swing gets lost all over the place. My fastest swings are always the result of just going through the motion smoothly and things lining up as they should without any real thought on my part. Probably one of the reasons I've never had a ton of luck with most of the coaches I've tried to work with. Analytics are great, at my job, not in my head during a golf swing. 

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Think on that 😉

I've been thinking a lot about ground reaction forces and "braking" the club to transfer all the club speed out to the clubhead recently. I have a feeling my current swing could be more efficient from that perspective. I'm going to ask my coach about it at my next lesson.

Well, the GT performed as anticpated yesterday.  Had 1 drive go out of play, and that was 100% user error on my part.  A long par 4 has a creek all the way up its left side w/ tall trees guarding it, and I sent the ball straight out over those and lost it in the trees.  I had a ton of room to play a planned draw, like I wanted to, but I wasn't set up for it. I had several drives finish over 300 yards total, including 1 into a crosswind on 18 and 1 dead into the wind on 16 that never should have gone that far...in fact, I was trying to play a high spinny cut and got too much on it and it almost went TOO far and ended up just short of a pond. 

The point where I knew I'd gone with the right club beyond any shadow of a doubt was on 17.  I absolutely pulled the *&%# out of the ball so bad that with my Epic Flash, it would have ended up in the front yard of the houses on the left side of the course.  17 has trees on the left side of the fairway, then a cartpath, and then a shallow drainage area about 40' wide before you get to the OB...and I have indeed dropped in the front yards more than a few times.  Not yesterday, however!  It was a 290 yard drive (fighting a crosswind all the way...probably did help keep it in bounds a little, but nowhere near enough had it been the Epic Flash) that left me with a chance to get creative with my wedge and drop one on the green up and over a tree from 82 yards out in the rough.  I'll take that par any day over the double bogey I'd have otherwise made on that hole.

Now, to get my left wrist healed up enough so I can actually have some semblance of an approach game.  I hit some PURE iron shots today, but between the 10-15 mph wind and the loss of power from my wrist, I ended up sometimes 2 clubs short even with what felt like perfect contact.  I even putted better, though I did have 5-6 putts that rolled right over the edge of the hole.  I'm pretty excited where the ability to be long and in the fairway (or at least playable on bad swings) is going to allow me to go though.

I also saw the GT series got what I think is its 1st PGA Tour win yesterday with Patton Kizire and his GT3.  I'm not surprised these drivers resurrected his game enough for him to win again after playing it.  Yeah, it was 1 full practice session last week and 1 round yesterday, but I'm pretty convinced this is a game-changing driver.

Edited by ctg44

On 9/13/2024 at 4:56 PM, GolfSpy_KFT said:

That AD-VF is a darn good looking shaft. Part of me wanted to be fit into it solely on the looks, much like the AD-DI which I didn’t even hit 🤣

That being said, the blue of the AD-UB is fantastic and I can’t wait to get it. Really think Graphite Design just nails the look of their shafts all around. 

My wife took one look at it and said, "There's no way that's a stock shaft. Bet that cost a lot."  Yes ma'am, it did...but think of all the ProV1s I'm going to save from being lost into the nether worlds of peoples' front yards by not hitting it OB all the time!  I mean, I only play ProV1s when I find other peoples' lost balls most of the time, and mostly only buy the Maxfli Tour series myself, but hey, I will be losing fewer of those too (which is NOT something I could say about the Epic Flash!).  Now to get the iron game back somewhat on track...playing from the fairway or close to it SHOULD help that though.