Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Callaway Ti Fusion Iron Finish

Leftout

Let me start by saying I have only played 1 round with these irons. I can honestly say they are absolutely insanely good. They are accurate, forgiving and just flat out incredible performing irons. HOWEVER.... the black finish on these irons is really bad. I know black irons will show marks quickly but after 1 round it looks like the irons are 10 years old. The bag chatter leaves marks on the bottoms and there is a very noticeable mark every single time you hit a ball. I don't want to return them because I love them so much but I can't justify the price of these irons looking this bad so quickly. I am so sad writing this. 

Callaway: AI Smoke Triple Diamond Max

Callaway : Paradym Irons

Scottie Cameron Newport 2.5

1 hour ago, Leftout said:

Let me start by saying I have only played 1 round with these irons. I can honestly say they are absolutely insanely good. They are accurate, forgiving and just flat out incredible performing irons. HOWEVER.... the black finish on these irons is really bad. I know black irons will show marks quickly but after 1 round it looks like the irons are 10 years old. The bag chatter leaves marks on the bottoms and there is a very noticeable mark every single time you hit a ball. I don't want to return them because I love them so much but I can't justify the price of these irons looking this bad so quickly. I am so sad writing this. 

Have you contacted Callaway, maybe they could do something about it?

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Red 6S

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 52 Black

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 58 Black

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

1 minute ago, poprocksncoke said:

Have you contacted Callaway, maybe they could do something about it?

I have not, I called today but the wait was too long and I couldn’t wait. I am sure they will. Callaways customer service is some of, if not the best in the business. 

10 minutes ago, Leftout said:

I have not, I called today but the wait was too long and I couldn’t wait. I am sure they will. Callaways customer service is some of, if not the best in the business. 

Yeah, I had a set of Hogans that had the black finish and they held up better than I expected.  I would think the quality of Callaway would at least be just as good.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Red 6S

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 52 Black

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 58 Black

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Just now, poprocksncoke said:

Yeah, I had a set of Hogans that had the black finish and they held up better than I expected.  I would think the quality of Callaway would at least be just as good.

Especially for the price. There is already noticeable marks from bag chatter and the face immediately shows ball marks after every single shot.