Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

COBRA Rickie Fowler Proto Tour Trusty Wedge

Hey Hey Y'all. I just got my hands on this new Limited Edition Tour Trusty Rickie Fowler Wedge from Cobra Golf.

I know...it's awesome.

The story on this is that it's limited to 1600 retail units. The LE is different from the upcoming (October) retail model in that Cobra let Rickie Fowler design the stamping (Cobra pretty much lets my boy Rickie do whatever he wants at HQ). The used the 55-12 b/c that's one of Rickie's favorite models. His original design has been replicated for the LE production run.

The design is kinda true to the original (Cobra kept the notch in the trailing edge), but this new one has less offset, the tour preferred tear drop shape, a near-straight leading edge, and less bounce. The new grind is designed to prevent the leading edge from digging.

Cobra Limited Edition Tour Trusty -1.jpg

Cobra Limited Edition Tour Trusty -2.jpg

Cobra Limited Edition Tour Trusty -4.jpg

Cobra Limited Edition Tour Trusty -5.jpg

Cobra Limited Edition Tour Trusty -6.jpg

Cobra Limited Edition Tour Trusty -7.jpg

Cobra Limited Edition Tour Trusty -8.jpg

I really quite like the cleaned up version of these at first glance. The hashtag is not getting 'er done for me on this one though.

I still think October is a crazy time to release a wedge

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I really quite like the cleaned up version of these at first glance. The hashtag is not getting 'er done for me on this one though.

I still think October is a crazy time to release a wedge

Agreed I was hoping to get a look at these to compare to the new Nike ones. By October the season is close to over

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

That's pretty spiffy! No problem at all with the stampings - kinda jazzes up the old wedge a little, doesn't it? Still not gonna wear a flat-brimmed hat, though....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Love it, love the face and all the paint fill, of course, I like to Play Loud and Fancy!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived