Boccieri Golf Releases Secret Putter Grip

With all of the buzz around counter weighting, specifically with the putter, this seemed like an inevitability. Also, $25 to see if this works for you (with your own trusty putter, no less) seems like a lot better decision than dropping serious $$$ on a new putter.

Press Release:

Boccieri Golf Expands Secret Grip Offerings with New

Putter Grip

Patented Design, Counterweight Technology Helps Players Achieve

Superior Consistency, Control on the Green

(SCOTTSDALE, AZ) – Boccieri Golf has expanded its award-winning Secret Grip line with introduction of a putter grip featuring the company's famed, Jack Nicklaus-endorsed counterweight technology that improves stability, consistency and control on the green.

The Secret Grip Putter Grip ($24.99) is easily installed on putters from any manufacturer, giving golfers immediate performance boosts. Its heavier weight (155 grams) raises the putter's balance point and forces players to use their larger, more stable muscles, resulting in a repeatable and reliable stroke. This is achieved via a tungsten weight in the butt-end, combined with a rubber compound 40-percent heavier than what is used in standard grips.

“We have touted the benefits of counterweighting for nearly a decade, first with the Heavy Putter and now through the Secret Grip,” says Stephen Boccieri, President and CEO of Boccieri Golf. “Backweighting is being adopted by more and more Tour players worldwide, including major champions who recognize its ability to help them sink more putts.”

Minimizing undesirable wrist movement during the stroke, the new Secret Grip features an oversized design, popular pistol shaping for comfort and an attractive black and green, two-tone color scheme. They are currently available at Dick's Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts, as well as at www.secretgrip.com.

During Jack Nicklaus' illustrious career, he won 73 PGA Tour titles, including a record 18 major championships, using counterweighted equipment. He currently appears in promotional material for the Secret Grip lines, along with famed teacher Rick Smith, who consistently ranks among the world's top-10 instructors.

Recent testing of more than 3,000 players shows 95 percent strongly prefer the Secret Grip over traditional offerings. Beyond independent testing, the grips continue to receive praise from scores of leading media, including “Top Products from the PGA Show” honors from Golf Digest and GOLF Magazine.

The Secret Grip is the latest innovation from Boccieri Golf, pioneer of the popular Heavy Putter and critically acclaimed “Control Series” of full-swing clubs.

For more information: www.boccierigolf.com, 888.788.8374.

About Boccieri Golf

Founded in 2005 by Stephen Boccieri, the company's popular Heavy Putter collection and Control Series line of full-swing products were the first to integrate counterweight principals. This unique approach to club design is proven to benefit golfers of all abilities, as strategically placed weight in the butt-end of the shaft produces a higher balance point for smoother, more repeatable swings from driver through putter. Boccieri Golf's Secret Grip, endorsed by Jack Nicklaus, is its latest innovation.

The company is headquartered in a state-of-the-art Research and Performance Center at 15816 N. Greenway-Hayden Loop in Scottsdale, Arizona. The 9,000-square-foot facility offers golfers a variety of services, including custom club fitting, high-tech swing analysis and practice time on life-like simulators.

Boccieri Golf equipment has played a key role in victories on the PGA, European, Champions, Nationwide, Asian, Canadian and European Challenge Tours, and has received critical acclaim from golf and lifestyle media worldwide.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Very curious about this one, might have to give it a shot. My only two digs would be not available in blue and I'm assuming I can't blow it on due to the tungsten back weight.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have a free secret grip on my 7 iron....not bad.......not sure if it actually helps.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm a bit dubious of this working on its own for many putters.

Counter weighting is a solid idea, but if you add a heavy grip to a light putter I think you'll screw the balance completely. Now stick this on a cut down belly putter (they often weigh more) or on a heavier putter and I reckon it might be a worker.

I tried a two thumb a few years ago, put it on a light putter and the result was ghastly - couldn't feel the head anymore.

But saying that,it's not particularly expensive so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Last night I gut down a never compromise sub 30 type 50 belly to 34 inches - stuck on a Superstroke fatso. Looking to create a putter for the winter when the greens get very slow.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Archived