Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Did I just waste $90?

Sluggo42

So I went to my new tracks driving range yesterday to tighten up my swing, and these guys from Tour Lock Pro were there.

So this guy starts watching me swing and asks if I would be interested in custom balancing of my stix. Being the ignorant fool I am, I said sure! So for the next two hours we tried endless combinations of shaft and grip weights.

We finalized with weighted driver, 20* hybrid, and putter. I couldn't get enough noticeable difference in the irons.

But the driver, hybrid and putter SEEMED to be significantly better. Where the irons weren't as noticeable.

I'm such a sucker...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Why do you feel like you're a sucker? I've heard great things about the tour lock weights

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I don't think you're a sucker at all. Price is comparable to what a fitter in the SF Bay area charges but I never made it to him living in the Central Valley

I spent more then that between Tour Lock and Balance Certified going the trial and error method.

I have them in my driver, irons, wedges, and one of my hybrids. Haven't taken the time to figure out what I need in my newer 3 woods and hybrids. They improved my tempo, center face contact, and even brought the ball flight down.

The driver is the only one that was chosen with a LM with a fitter when I bought my KZG Q driver some years back. As I've changed drivers I've just moved the weight over.

I tested 100 grams and 65 grams in my putter. 100 grams was best from 10 feet and in but couldn't lag with it(similar to my experience with my heavy putter) so I went with the 65 grams.

Well, I guess I thought the better feel was just in my head at the height of the moment. And I always fall for gimmicks, and I hadn't ever heard of these, but now with a little research, I see there is a decent following.

It's odd, both the i20 woods seemed to come alive, and the putter suddenly seems so smooth...

Well see next Monday I guess

Are the results there? If so, who cares if its placebo or real? I've never tried them, but if the results are there, its money well spent. Look at it this way: you took your existing driver and improved the performance. Same as the putter and hybrid.

Now you spent $30 per club. Tell me where you can get any of those clubs (just one of them) replaced for that price including a fitting to optimize it.

Yeah, you did good improving performance for $90 for 3 clubs. You'd have a tough time replacing the shaft and grip and pay for the labor in 1 of them for that.

And again, if you saw results it doesn't matter what others saw when they tried them for themselves.

I mean I use the Harrison Shotmaker in my driver. I don't care if its just an expensive weight, I saw improved results after installing it. It was worth the money for me.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Haha

" when I need a group decision, I look in the mirror"

They guy spent nearly two hours with me, so even though I know you can buy the inserts for about $10 ea, the fact that he kept weighing the club for whatever he was doing, and moving the weights all over, I felt like his custome fitting, specifically to my feel, was worth it.

I just didn't know what they were, so I figured I would ask in here to make sure they weren't some proven scam. But I do like the thoughts about the mental point. If I believe it's good, then it IS good.

It's funny cuz he wanted to mess with my old sonartec 3-wood, and I said, no. That one cannot be improved upon. I didn't even want him to touch it.haha.

Archived