Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

JUST ARRIVED! - Premio Grips

• SPY VIP

Just got these in to the MGS offices...if you are looking to try a grip similar to the Iomic's at a much more affordable price you might want to check these out.

Here is the info from the owner:

TRY PREMIO GRIPS FOR FREE

http://premiogrips.com/

We are running a promotion now to offer golfers a chance to try our grip free of charge on our website (Just pay $3.95 S & H). I am sure a lot of your readers will enjoy trying out a Premio grip. Premio is where premium grip meets value.

Most grips are made of a rubber compound. Premio grips and a few of the higher end grips (some upwards of $20 a grip) are made of a certain Thermo Plastics Poly Urethane compound. The advantages this compound has over conventional rubber compound are many. They have these performance benefits:

1: A softer and stickier feel.

2: Stays soft for a much longer time. Rubber compound tends to dry up and become hard and brittle.

3: Brilliant colors. This compound shows brilliant colors. Rubber grips can be dyed to certain colors as well but because of its nature, rubber color grips show dull colors instead of bright colors.

Thanks again for the taking the time to review the Premio grip. Please let me know if you have other questions.

premio-grips-1.jpg

premio-grips-2.jpg

premio-grips-3.jpg

premio-grips-4.jpg

premio-grips-5.jpg

premio-grips-6.jpg

premio-grips-7.jpg

premio-grips-8.jpg

#TruthDigest

• 2 months later...

I just ordered my freebie on a whim the other day. I should get it today and I'm excited to see it. I'd like to second Dave's question: how do these compare to Iomics?

They said it was made from thermo-plastic urethane, which is the same material that's in the Iomics and Itomics. They even look like them, to me. I had the white/black cap Itomics to start the season... really nice and performed as advertised, but even with dilligence, they're a pain to keep clean (maybe a different color would work better). Other than the Iomics having "minus ion technology", there isn't a real difference in performance.

That said, I'm all about a better priced grip. Looks like I'm going to get my freebie and see what's up.

• SPY VIP

Had a blue one on my 60*. I really liked it. Very soft and sticky. I rate this grip much higher than the Itomics.

I will definitely take a long look at these when it is time to regrip the irons.

I wish the orange had a white cap though...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

My freebie arrived today and I was a bit shocked at how small it is. Love the color and the feel, don't love that I'm going to need 4 or more wraps to get it up to midsize. Hopefully they will come out with a midsize version soon.

Got mine last night from their local rep; you will need exactly 4 wraps of all double-sided to get to the standard midsize. I play xi7's regular with 2 wraps, so I went with 3 on this grip. Seems to be nice, and just under the common 'midsize' standard.

TITLEIST: 905T 8.5° 'Tour Van' Aldila NV 44.5" 65 Stiff

TAYLORMADE: 07 Burner TP Fairway 14.5° Diamana Whiteboard 73 Stiff

ADAMS: IDEA Pro Hybrid TOUR 18° Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff

MIZUNO: MP52 4-PW DG S400 Tour Issue (1/2" Long - 2° Flat)

CLEVELAND: 588 RTG DIADIC 51°, DSG 55°, DSG 59°

TITLEIST: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless 03 Newport 2.5 34"

BRIDGESTONE: Tour B330 (2s only)

SUN MOUNTAIN: Four5 All-Black

Archived