Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Well, I guess I am officially old.  I've gone to a Super Game Improvement iron, but at least they are forged.  

I've had several sets of irons over the 26 years that I have been playing golf.  My first real set were Ping Eye 2; still have them.  Even when I was a terrible player, I liked better player clubs.  Five years ago I bought Ping i20 irons because I just didn't care for the look of the G20's, and the G20's seems difficult for me to hit off hard turf.  A couple of years ago I reshafted a set of Macgregor VIP 1025M blades that I loved, but couldn't hit them with the S300 shafts anymore.  I played them off and on with the i20's up until last week.

I found a deal on very slightly used set of Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged irons that I couldn't pass up.  They have the Nippon Zelos 8 steel shafts in regular flex, which surprised me that they were lighter than the graphite shafts in my i20's and Macs.  I thought I had permanently changed to graphite years ago, but these steel shafts are great! 

IMG_0764.jpg

I hit these when they came out 18 months ago, and I said then that if I ever decided to go to super game improvement clubs, it would be the JGRs.  Well, with my slower swing speed now that I turned 70 this year, I decided it was time.  I have played these for a week now, and I would say if you are needing higher trajectory with your irons, look no further than these Bridgestones.  

You may have noticed that the set is 6i through P1 and P2.  Say what??  Those Japanese, what can I say.  The hardest thing for me to adjust is which club to pull.   The lofts on these irons are really strong, but with the large flange low and deep, these puppies fly very high.  Here are the lofts:

6i    24*

7i    26*

8i    29*

9i    33*

P1   38*

P2   44*

A 33* 9i??  That's a 7i in my other sets!  Imagine the height of a 9i with 7i distance.  

You can also get a 5i at 22* and an AW at 50*.  I might consider the 5i but I hit my hybrids pretty well.  I'll keep my SCOR wedges.  

I'm still getting used to which club to pull for a specific yardage, and the turf interaction is different, but I'm liking them a lot so far.  I also have a feeling that these irons will be more playable this winter when I head to the Bermuda greens in Palm Springs.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 Dozen 16/17 B330S balls.

Some nice deals out there because the 18's Tour B balls

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Mizuno s18 wedges

Oooooooh.......... :-)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Well, I guess I am officially old. I've gone to a Super Game Improvement iron, but at least they are forged.

I've had several sets of irons over the 26 years that I have been playing golf. My first real set were Ping Eye 2; still have them. Even when I was a terrible player, I liked better player clubs. Five years ago I bought Ping i20 irons because I just didn't care for the look of the G20's, and the G20's seems difficult for me to hit off hard turf. A couple of years ago I reshafted a set of Macgregor VIP 1025M blades that I loved, but couldn't hit them with the S300 shafts anymore. I played them off and on with the i20's up until last week.

I found a deal on very slightly used set of Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged irons that I couldn't pass up. They have the Nippon Zelos 8 steel shafts in regular flex, which surprised me that they were lighter than the graphite shafts in my i20's and Macs. I thought I had permanently changed to graphite years ago, but these steel shafts are great!

attachicon.gifIMG_0764.jpg

I hit these when they came out 18 months ago, and I said then that if I ever decided to go to super game improvement clubs, it would be the JGRs. Well, with my slower swing speed now that I turned 70 this year, I decided it was time. I have played these for a week now, and I would say if you are needing higher trajectory with your irons, look no further than these Bridgestones.

You may have noticed that the set is 6i through P1 and P2. Say what?? Those Japanese, what can I say. The hardest thing for me to adjust is which club to pull. The lofts on these irons are really strong, but with the large flange low and deep, these puppies fly very high. Here are the lofts:

6i 24*

7i 26*

8i 29*

9i 33*

P1 38*

P2 44*

A 33* 9i?? That's a 7i in my other sets! Imagine the height of a 9i with 7i distance.

You can also get a 5i at 22* and an AW at 50*. I might consider the 5i but I hit my hybrids pretty well. I'll keep my SCOR wedges.

I'm still getting used to which club to pull for a specific yardage, and the turf interaction is different, but I'm liking them a lot so far. I also have a feeling that these irons will be more playable this winter when I head to the Bermuda greens in Palm Springs.

KennyB - hopefully you've found "the one"!

My Mom had a bunch of Ladies golf gear in her garage, including a Daiwa (yep .. same co that makes the fishing reels) wedge marked as "P11”.

Had it checked and it was 50°, ie. a Gap wedge.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Mizuno s18 wedges

Too putty too hit!!

Nice looking wedges!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Well, I guess I am officially old. I've gone to a Super Game Improvement iron, but at least they are forged.

I've had several sets of irons over the 26 years that I have been playing golf. My first real set were Ping Eye 2; still have them. Even when I was a terrible player, I liked better player clubs. Five years ago I bought Ping i20 irons because I just didn't care for the look of the G20's, and the G20's seems difficult for me to hit off hard turf. A couple of years ago I reshafted a set of Macgregor VIP 1025M blades that I loved, but couldn't hit them with the S300 shafts anymore. I played them off and on with the i20's up until last week.

I found a deal on very slightly used set of Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged irons that I couldn't pass up. They have the Nippon Zelos 8 steel shafts in regular flex, which surprised me that they were lighter than the graphite shafts in my i20's and Macs. I thought I had permanently changed to graphite years ago, but these steel shafts are great!

attachicon.gifIMG_0764.jpg

I hit these when they came out 18 months ago, and I said then that if I ever decided to go to super game improvement clubs, it would be the JGRs. Well, with my slower swing speed now that I turned 70 this year, I decided it was time. I have played these for a week now, and I would say if you are needing higher trajectory with your irons, look no further than these Bridgestones.

You may have noticed that the set is 6i through P1 and P2. Say what?? Those Japanese, what can I say. The hardest thing for me to adjust is which club to pull. The lofts on these irons are really strong, but with the large flange low and deep, these puppies fly very high. Here are the lofts:

6i 24*

7i 26*

8i 29*

9i 33*

P1 38*

P2 44*

A 33* 9i?? That's a 7i in my other sets! Imagine the height of a 9i with 7i distance.

You can also get a 5i at 22* and an AW at 50*. I might consider the 5i but I hit my hybrids pretty well. I'll keep my SCOR wedges.

I'm still getting used to which club to pull for a specific yardage, and the turf interaction is different, but I'm liking them a lot so far. I also have a feeling that these irons will be more playable this winter when I head to the Bermuda greens in Palm Springs.

Over 70 makes U eligible for the "Friday Bacon Boys Exec 9". Nobody cares about the golf it's about breakfast without the wives telling the guys what to eat. Lousy golf but fun.

Nice irons!, good pickup.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Odyssey O Works Black 7s because I am just a weak man. In my defense it is my son's fault I went into a golf store in the first place. He could have got his fall golf gear online or just played in the cold in short sleeves :)

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Odyssey O Works Black 7s because I am just a weak man. In my defense it is my son's fault I went into a golf store in the first place. He could have got his fall golf gear online or just played in the cold in short sleeves :)

Huh, funny how that works never my fault either.

Nice pickup

Rick

Left Hand, 

Mizuno s18 wedges

Man those are something!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Picked up a shaft I've been eyeing since spring. I was fit in to this with an epic subzero but never ended up buying. Still on the look out for a head for it. IMG_6195.JPG

Then I also picked up a Red 7s. Swapped out the shaft for a black one and out on a Pistol 1.0 grip.

IMG_6197.JPGIMG_6203.JPG

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Picked up a shaft I've been eyeing since spring. I was fit in to this with an epic subzero but never ended up buying. Still on the look out for a head for it. attachicon.gifIMG_6195.JPG

Then I also picked up a Red 7s. Swapped out the shaft for a black one and out on a Pistol 1.0 grip.

attachicon.gifIMG_6197.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_6203.JPG

Let me know your thoughts on the 7s. I picked up the black last week and so far I am mixed on it.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Just put in an order for 2 pair of Footjoy Contour Fit. $89.99 each from Discount Dan's, no shipping, no tax. I've tried on EVERY shoe that's out there and these are, arguably, the most comfortable. Skechers are right there with them.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Let me know your thoughts on the 7s. I picked up the black last week and so far I am mixed on it.

I've played 2 rounds with it so far and putting has been great for me.  I'm a streaky putter normally, one day make everything, next day 3 jack from 15' all over the place.  I have a tendency to struggle with distance control.  I'm coming from an Evnroll ER5 and I don't think I ever got used to the face.

I'm really liking the face/insert of the 7s and my distance control has been fantastic.  I'm sure some of this is the honeymoon period, but so far this putter is amazing for me.

Sweet sticky electric blue.

Carolina Blue!! I love it!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The saga continues.  I have bought more clubs this year than any year since my first set of clubs in 1991.  Added a new Ping Doon putter to my bag last week.  The story is at:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/21127-doon/

IMG_0773.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've played 2 rounds with it so far and putting has been great for me.  I'm a streaky putter normally, one day make everything, next day 3 jack from 15' all over the place.  I have a tendency to struggle with distance control.  I'm coming from an Evnroll ER5 and I don't think I ever got used to the face.

I'm really liking the face/insert of the 7s and my distance control has been fantastic.  I'm sure some of this is the honeymoon period, but so far this putter is amazing for me.

I`m more interested in that fancy driver shaft.

How is it working for you?

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

I`m more interested in that fancy driver shaft.

How is it working for you?

I've only taken 2 swings with it in the SLDR head and neither went better than my normal setup (SLDR + Whiteboard)  I didn't expect much though, went out to #11 late in the evening and hit 4 balls with no warm up.  2 with my gamer and then swapped shafts and hit 2 with the raijin.

It was one of those shafts I've been waiting to find and it was a good deal so I bought it knowing I'd be waiting to find a head to put it in.  I'm keeping my eye out for the right deal on an Epic Sub Zero head for now.

I've only taken 2 swings with it in the SLDR head and neither went better than my normal setup (SLDR + Whiteboard) I didn't expect much though, went out to #11 late in the evening and hit 4 balls with no warm up. 2 with my gamer and then swapped shafts and hit 2 with the raijin.

It was one of those shafts I've been waiting to find and it was a good deal so I bought it knowing I'd be waiting to find a head to put it in. I'm keeping my eye out for the right deal on an Epic Sub Zero head for now.

Try the Wilson Staff Triton.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

XR 4H and an XR16 driver, with a Kuro Kage shaft.

Both used but good deals I just couldn't pass up. Traded in some old irons for the hybrid, and had some $ credit left so added (a few accessories on sale, and..) a dozen Snell MTB - looking forward to trying those out!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

XR 4H and an XR16 driver, with a Kuro Kage shaft.

Both used but good deals I just couldn't pass up. Traded in some old irons for the hybrid, and had some $ credit left so added (a few accessories on sale, and..) a dozen Snell MTB - looking forward to trying those out!

You should like the Snell MTB.  Firmer than the Duo by a lot, but spin better  Maybe about the same as the Q Star Tour; I haven't tried those but the old Q Stars were firm.  I hope you haven't lost those 2 dozen Q stars yet.   :)

You should like the Snell MTB. Firmer than the Duo by a lot, but spin better Maybe about the same as the Q Star Tour; I haven't tried those but the old Q Stars were firm. I hope you haven't lost those 2 dozen Q stars yet. :)

Ha, no, not yet .. tho I seem to keep trying but the trees keeping bouncing them back to me! The bigger problem, ironically, is the yellow - yesterday i was out at twilight, the rough was a little longer than usual and was wet, and some leaves are starting to come down, so it ended up being difficult to find a ball that was not in the fairway.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Ha, no, not yet .. tho I seem to keep trying but the trees keeping bouncing them back to me! The bigger problem, ironically, is the yellow - yesterday i was out at twilight, the rough was a little longer than usual and was wet, and some leaves are starting to come down, so it ended up being difficult to find a ball that was not in the fairway.

Welcome to golf in autumn!  I've lost balls just off the fairway near trees.  I also find balls in the rough.  You would think it all evens out, but I lose Snells and find Top Flites.

As I was telling Carolina and ddryan, yesterday, I think there is something very, very wrong with me. The newest club in my bag is a sand wedge that my instructor ordered for me two years ago. All my other clubs, I have had for at least 5 years, if not more.

No.. it's the clubs: they've gone rogue on you, and clearly need to be replaced ;-)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Welcome to golf in autumn! I've lost balls just off the fairway near trees. I also find balls in the rough. You would think it all evens out, but I lose Snells and find Top Flites.

Ha, on the East Coast it's the other way around: I lose the cheapos and find Titleist and Callaways!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Welcome to golf in autumn!  I've lost balls just off the fairway near trees.  I also find balls in the rough.  You would think it all evens out, but I lose Snells and find Top Flites.

Like you I lose good balls and find crap, you know like sponge bob, pinnacle, Mojo's.. If i do find an Pro V or Chrome soft they are stained brown or so badly damaged they aren't worth playing.. 

Damn the luck.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Like you I lose good balls and find crap, you know like sponge bob, pinnacle, Mojo's.. If i do find an Pro V or Chrome soft they are stained brown or so badly damaged they aren't worth playing..

Damn the luck..

When I played at ddryan's club, I would lose one good ball and find 2 more good balls looking for that one. Made me feel good about the bad shot really.

I found a bunch of Pro V1s with the phrase "there are no mulligans in war" on them. The guy in the group in front of us must've been having a tough time!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch