College Football

fozcycle

Undershooter, I see you're extremely passionate about Bama and I get that. But let's remove the name and look at the resume. Conference champ? No. Division champ? No. Quality wins? 3... But let's be real, 2. Losses? One, on the road. That team can't be in the playoff unless some more chaos ensues and you've got multiple two or three loss teams winning their respective conference.

Would you be this outraged if this was a Stanford or Baylor or TCU? Probably not. You'd tell people to pipe down since they didn't make their conference champ game much less win their division. My bears were in the same scenario in 2013 and had a conference title to their name, three top 20 wins including the best win amongst any of the contenders and we got left out. I didn't hear anyone from Bama say: the bears should be in because they have a better resume than Ohio St!

So what if Bama is left out. You'll get over it by August I swear. Bama had a weak schedule this year and when it came time to shine, they lost. Saban will have them back and ready for 2018. Plus the SEC West won't be back to its normal self next year with all these coaching changes.

And I wasn't bashing Bama by throwing out the weedeater bowl, I just don't know the SEC tie-in this year for the NYE6.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Not hypothetical. It's just my opinion. Never said they didn't “deserve” to be there. But if OSU beats Wisconsin, and every other top 4 team wins. There is no room for another SEC team. It would be a terrible move by the committee to put 2 teams that already played back to play again.

We are all fans of different teams. There would be an outrage if 2 of any conference got in. If OSU and Mich are 1/2 and one loses. They've already proved that they can beat the other.

Or whatever scenario you want, my opinion is I'd rather not see two teams from the same conference. Especially if they already played and one beat the other.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

But in your scenario, you are putting 2 teams that have already played back in the playoffs LOL Oklahoma and OSU have already played and Oklahoma beat them 15 in their own house. That is a much worse loss than on the road by 12. 

So by your own logic, with conference thing aside. If OSU and Georgia both win then you HAVE to put Bama in the playoffs because OSU and Oklahoma have already played and Bama would have played none of the top 4. Correct?  ;)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Undershooter, I see you're extremely passionate about Bama and I get that. But let's remove the name and look at the resume. Conference champ? No. Division champ? No. Quality wins? 3... But let's be real, 2. Losses? One, on the road. That team can't be in the playoff unless some more chaos ensues and you've got multiple two or three loss teams winning their respective conference.

Would you be this outraged if this was a Stanford or Baylor or TCU? Probably not. You'd tell people to pipe down since they didn't make their conference champ game much less win their division. My bears were in the same scenario in 2013 and had a conference title to their name, three top 20 wins including the best win amongst any of the contenders and we got left out. I didn't hear anyone from Bama say: the bears should be in because they have a better resume than Ohio St!

So what if Bama is left out. You'll get over it by August I swear. Bama had a weak schedule this year and when it came time to shine, they lost. Saban will have them back and ready for 2018. Plus the SEC West won't be back to its normal self next year with all these coaching changes.

And I wasn't bashing Bama by throwing out the weedeater bowl, I just don't know the SEC tie-in this year for the NYE6.

I'm passionate but when Bama isn't deserving I don't push for them to get something they don't deserve. I defend my team's right to the playoff just as you probably did for BU 2013. 

I'm not pushing for them over any team that is currently "in" the playoff. You talk as if I'm asking for something unreasonable here. Its obvious that people don't like and are tired of Alabama and that leads to them getting less than a fair shake. If everyone in the top 4 wins then I will be perfectly content sitting at home for the playoff and watching them in the Orange bowl or whatever other NYE6 bowl they have. 

And yes, they will contend next year but this isn't next year. Lets worry about 1 game and season at a time. 

In the last 2 years, the 8 teams which reached the CFP had 6 losses by a combined 31 points. Ohio State's 2 losses this year have been by a combined 46 points. With the loss by 31 coming to a 7-5 football team. 

The only reason I posted in this thread is because nobody was giving Alabama a shot to make the playoffs if someone in the top 4 loses. The playoffs are supposed to be for the 4 best teams in the country. Nothing more and nothing less.

Does anyone actually believe that Ohio state is a better football team than Alabama? Because that is really what you are arguing for. 
And FYI if you do believe that, keep in mind that Bama's senior class now has 4 losses in their 4 year career by a total of 28 points. Less than that of OSU's 1 loss to 7-5 Iowa this year. No team has ever made the playoffs with a loss of more than 14 points. OSU has 2 losses by more than that this season. 

It would still be a travesty if Bama gets in. I'm sorry. You can argue your point forever, I will never agree. That's the beauty of free speech.

Not saying they aren't a good team. I'm not arguing that at all. I'm saying he playoff system sucks.

It would still be a travesty if Bama gets in. I'm sorry. You can argue your point forever, I will never agree. That's the beauty of free speech.

Not saying they aren't a good team. I'm not arguing that at all. I'm saying he playoff system sucks.

You need to photo shop this into your avatar.

shanks.jpg

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I get it. Your butthurt and don't like Bama. But tell me this... Do you think Alabama is a better football team than OSU? Bc that is what matters.

You, nor anyone else has provided any data, stats or info that has refuted a single thing that I have stated. Yet keep coming to the same conclusion. "Bama doesnt deserve it."

Well no crap. Nobody does this year except maybe Clemson. Its been a crap shoot.

Its alright. I can see nobody can make an argument ;)

I get it. Your butthurt and don't like Bama. But tell me this... Do you think Alabama is a better football team than OSU? Bc that is what matters.

You, nor anyone else has provided any data, stats or info that has refuted a single thing that I have stated. Yet keep coming to the same conclusion. "Bama doesnt deserve it."

Well no crap. Nobody does this year except maybe Clemson. Its been a crap shoot.

Its alright. I can see nobody can make an argument ;)

I'm done with the trying to make sense. You don't get my point. Move on.

Enjoy not watching Bama play in the conference championship just like I'm going to enjoy not watching my team play. Should be a good day of Bamaless and Michiganless football.

What's they say down there? Go Dawgs? War Eagle? Pick one.

I know it will be difficult you've not felt the (this needs to happen so we can fall into a playoff spot game), but you'll live.

And just once more. It's the playoff system that isn't good. Not Bama. They make up the rules as they go.

Sent from No Mans Land....

Enjoy not watching Bama play in the conference championship just like I'm going to enjoy not watching my team play. Should be a good day of Bamaless and Michiganless football.

I know it will be difficult you've not felt the (this needs to happen so we can fall into a playoff spot game), but you'll live.

And just once more. It's the playoff system that isn't good. Not Bama. They make up the rules as they go.

I'm thinking the possibility of more than one SEC team getting in is the main reason and not just Bama huh?   As some said earlier in this thread, the SEC has been very weak this year and not representing the conference very well. With that said, there are three sec teams who are either good enough or lucky enough to be in the top ten.   I can understand how people in different parts of the country want to have a chance to root their regional teams in a big playoff. I said at the beginning not to count my Bulldogs out of the race.  So far my prediction is true and we have to keep hunkering down to move up the next step in the ladder. 

Sic em Dawgs!   I sure hope I'm not pissed off at the end of the day  :unsure:

bulldogssecgame.jpg

Cleveland

Yeah, you nailed it OG. Why two teams from the same conference. ANY of the conference champs should get a look before a 2nd place in a division team.

Yes, the committee messed up with putting OSU over PSU.

And I'll never root for OSU! Wisconsin... maybe.

I like Bama, and Nick Saban. They are a great team, and a great coach. But I guarantee that's all we will hear on the broadcasts today.

Heading to Atlanta for a little tailgating today!

tailgatingsecgame.jpg

Cleveland

Heading to Atlanta for a little tailgating today!

attachicon.giftailgatingsecgame.jpg

Nice, indoor plumbing??

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Nice, indoor plumbing??

Of course!

Cleveland

Ultimately we need a playoff of all division champions. With wild cards where needed. The NFL works that system and there have been mediocre teams win the Superbowl.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I'm looking forward to tonight's ACC championship. Not sure if I'll be able to stay awake the whole time, but still excited nonetheless.

My expectations are low but my hopes are high. GO CANES! WOOSH

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Buckeye fan here. I hope they beat Wisconsin, but I also hope they don't get in the playoff. They just don't deserve to be there.

The system is still flawed.... which just might put them in with a win. I don't see where this system is any better than what it replaced. Until there is a real, legitimate playoff system, there is always going to be controversy and upset fans.

Yet again, no real argument.

I 100% get your point. You think the current playoff system is trash. I pretty much agree.

You seem to be missing what I'm saying. Under the current system, which we are stuck with this year. The 4 best football teams deserve to go. Regardless of conference.

We don't even seem to be talking about the same thing. I'll talk about the playoff change later. Until then, this is sadly what we got.

If you don't want to debate which team is better, then fine. But don't make a claim with nothing to back it up.

Maybe we won't even have to worry about it. Wisc, Clemson and Oklahoma will all win today.

If they don't, then roll tide :D

Hope you have a meritorious evening good sir.

You as well.

And sorry for the edit. My fat thumb hit post instead of moving the cursor.

The comment Auburn's coach said "we beat the dog crap out of em" was recorded and played back during the Dawgs practice all week. I live close to Athens and there were signs up that said, "we beat the dog crap out of em" all around campus.  You don't do that to a good football team. You are signing up for an ass whupping and that's what Auburn deserved.  Don't mess with a sleeping Dawg....   :angry:  

Cleveland

I'm thinking the possibility of more than one SEC team getting in is the main reason and not just Bama huh? As some said earlier in this thread, the SEC has been very weak this year and not representing the conference very well. With that said, there are three sec teams who are either good enough or lucky enough to be in the top ten. I can understand how people in different parts of the country want to have a chance to root their regional teams in a big playoff. I said at the beginning not to count my Bulldogs out of the race. So far my prediction is true and we have to keep hunkering down to move up the next step in the ladder.

Sic em Dawgs! I sure hope I'm not pissed off at the end of the day :unsure:

attachicon.gifbulldogssecgame.jpg

You sure are one happy Georgia Boy, good game!!

Saw the game at friends house, surprise 50th Anniversary party for me and SWMBO.

Guys around the TV, girls doing whatever they do in the house

Rick

Left Hand, 

You sure are one happy Georgia Boy, good game!!

Saw the game at friends house, surprise 50th Anniversary party for me and SWMBO.

Guys around the TV, girls doing whatever they do in the house

Thank ya Rick and you have nooooooo clue how HAPPY I am....   This made my year for the Dawgs to whup Auburn.....  

Cleveland

My goal was be a smartass to make people laugh i googled it to see what it meant thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Not a problem Bud.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Thank ya Rick and you have nooooooo clue how HAPPY I am.... This made my year for the Dawgs to whup Auburn.....

yes I do know. As happy as I was when the the Red Saux won the World Series 2004

Rick

Left Hand, 

yes I do know. As happy as I was when the the Red Saux won the World Series 2004

Well we got two more games before we can claim "Champion" title however I hope we do so I can pump that ole chest out and strut like a stud Rooster! 

Cleveland

The comment Auburn's coach said "we beat the dog crap out of em" was recorded and played back during the Dawgs practice all week. I live close to Athens and there were signs up that said, "we beat the dog crap out of em" all around campus. You don't do that to a good football team. You are signing up for an ass whupping and that's what Auburn deserved. Don't mess with a sleeping Dawg.... :angry:

I wish my team cared about stuff like that. It seems they've lost all the “hate”...

Glad to see a new SEC Champ! Smart's tactics seemed to work.