Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

sidesaddle putting

gdiddy

Has anyone seen this,tried it,BUILT one?

I am looking to get a new putter and this suits me I think.

It is a very interesting approach to the putt and looks very easy.

I would like to make one myself but couldn't find any specs ie. length or if the shaft is a an angle or the like. here is the web page I looked at and it appears there is some angle to the shaft in relation to parallel to the ground. help me out if you can

http://www.gp-putter.com/

KJ did it for one round. This is nothing new. Several guys did it for sometime on tour years ago including Sam Snead.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

Has anyone seen this,tried it,BUILT one?

I am looking to get a new putter and this suits me I think.

It is a very interesting approach to the putt and looks very easy.

I would like to make one myself but couldn't find any specs ie. length or if the shaft is a an angle or the like. here is the web page I looked at and it appears there is some angle to the shaft in relation to parallel to the ground. help me out if you can

http://www.gp-putter.com/

I've built a few...maybe 2000 over the last 50+ years since I realized it was the only natural and intuitive way to putt. I have taught, held clinics, and was the first to design, build and sell sidesaddle putters online. A Mostly informational and instructive venue with a free booklet download with instructions, green reading tutorial and built your own sidesaddle putter plans. I do offer putters specifically designed for facing the target... unlike other so called sidesaddle putters which do not address the many unique issues inherent with this technique. You can use a belly (better length... I think)or long putter with comparable results to any of the commercial models I know of.

At least you will be able to discuss the sidesaddle technique with credibility.

Karl

~the Putt Guru

• 5 months later...

i've built quite a few of them too. you can buy club heads and triple bend shafts if you look around the internet and assemble them together. www.sidesaddleputters.com sells them for less than 50bucks a pop, you can also get them on ebay quite reasonable as well. there are some sites that sell them for over 150 bucks! and some have poor return policies and customer service. anyway that's my two cents worth.

Funny, I had LaMont at MannKrafted custom me a Rife Barbados to use this way then a one off mallet for the same idea. I was truly amazed at how much more natural the lag was when facing the cup. It took a lot of getting used to to line it up. I developed a personal system of pointing my right toe down the line I wanted to roll then setting up the putter on that line. Don't second guess your line once set.

I couldn't stand prosperity so I went back to a light blade.

Morgan

I could never see myself doing this but I have no problems putting as of yet. but my buddy who I play with every weekend who's a + handicap went to it in the middle of last season. he has a hard time putting and shoots 67-70 almost every single round. All I can say is this guy has over 32 putts almost every round. He's a great ball striker not very long off the tee but very adequate. His issue is his putting. i keep telling him he needs to practice, but he just doesn't have the time with his job. Here's a guy who switched to this saddle technique because he's tried all the other gripping styles. He's going to give it a go for this coming season so I'd say if you've tried all others grip styles why not give it a shot. It just may fit you... and that's really all that matters!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472