Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
arobledo1293

Go to club

What's your go to club if you've been mis-hitting it all day and need something to get your confidence up? Mine is my Callaway 3W big Bertha fusion. Mostly because my confidence usually dips from tee shots so after a bad drive I'm usually 200 yards out and to get the frustration out I usually smash my 3 wood of the deck and leave myself a great chance at par or at worse bogey.

Irons: Standard length and Lie

Driver: 10.5 regular flex standard length

Putter: ER5 35'

RH

NC

20HCP

If this is off the tee it's my 4 wood. Callaway Steelhead XR. If it's a yardage I like it's 165 and my 8 iron comes to play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

This may sound dumb but I don't have one. If my swing goes south I just go through my progressions and continue to play the worst I ever play is high 80's so I have a good idea what to do.

• Like 1

Again, if we're talking off the tee, it's still the driver. I just do my "Factory Reset" swing when I just swing as hard and fast as I can without thinking.

Regarding getting to or close to the green, I don't have a go to club; all of them may or may not work well.   However, if I am close to the green, if I can use a putter, I will use the putter.    

Before last season would've said 3 wood off the tee and 9i anywhere else. Even though I only got in a few rounds with my Cobra utility iron, things have changed when I'm on the tee

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

7 iron. What do you bet I can par in from here with my 7 iron...

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

• Like 2

Ping g30 19* 3 hybrid. Am able to vary my ball flight easily, from any lie. Heck, sometimes putt with it.

Last couple years it was the Fly Z #2 Low stingers right down the middle, and coming out low under trees.

Got the F7 # 2 for this year

Epic hybrid 19*. Straight off the tee about 235ish and also pretty solid with it off both the fairway and rough. Can shape it (most of the time) as well....

I'm guessing you mean full swing because putter and/or wedge can cover a multitude of sins. But they won't give me full shot confidence.

So if I can't take putter or wedge it's driver. Easily my most consistent club in the bag. Highest tech, always on a tee - biggest target to aim at - definitely driver.