Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

#CobraCONNECT Challenge: Full Bag Edition-Pre Chatter

Golfspy_CG2

What kind of phone are you running? That's some crazy battery usage.

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V running Android 7.0. Greg from arccos did say this was one of the worst Android phones in terms of battery performance with arccos. Next week I'll run it with a fast charger and see how it works out.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can made edits via our online dashboard (dashboard.arccosgolf.com).

The good thing about Arccos is it automatically would not count a 5-iron pitch out towards your 5i stats. Our Smart Distance algorithms ignores pitch shots, poor shots, and extremely long shots to give you a true average of your club distances.

The sensors are guaranteed for 2 years, but are designed to last 5 years or more. They use very little battery compared to our gen-1 sensors.

Greg, thanks for the additional info! I'll have to check the sensor on my hybrid as it didn't register any shots from the on the last two 9 hole rounds I played. Also interesting about the pitch shot and poor shots.. As I had a lot of them and was wondering how arccos was counting it.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Three Rounds played with The Arccos 360 sensors....95/85/83. I have found it pretty easy to edit the round as the sensors cannot pickup a penalty shot or a double shot out of the bunker....LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Have you changed anything in your approach to course management knowing that arcos ion?

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

If your drive is in the fairway and your standing in the rough will the sensor pick this up?

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Three Rounds played with The Arccos 360 sensors....95/85/83. I have found it pretty easy to edit the round as the sensors cannot pickup a penalty shot or a double shot out of the bunker....LOL.

Can't wait to hear how you like the info/stats it provides once you've played a few more rounds with it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If your drive is in the fairway and your standing in the rough will the sensor pick this up?

Phone GPS resolution is not so precise. If your ball is close to the edge of the fairway/rough, it's a crapshoot as to whether or not it will mark your lie properly. I'll write a longer review of my first round, but it incorrectly marked me as in the rough when I was in the fairway once, and it had me in the rough when I was in a fairway bunker.

In case it takes me a while to write something more detailed - I carried an extra card and noted every club I hit. That helped me edit my round after the fact. I'm not one of those guys that can recount every shot I hit.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Another 9 hole round under the belt with the arccos 360. I decided to run the phone without a battery pack to see how far I can get. Starting at 100% on hole 1, I finished nine holes with 19% left on my phone (screen shot below is my current battery life). Arccos again didn't pick up a putt or two here and there but more concerting is that it didn't pic up the hybrid again. I'll need to check the sensor attached to it later today...

MDGolfHacker

Haha....you're crushing your driver!

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Arccos Unboxing and Installation

I was out of town on business this past week. Guess what was waiting for me when I got home?

30087692_2003338689984650_74824719146072

A present? For me?

That's right; the Arccos sensors for my current set had arrived. I could not wait to tear that box open.

30604743_444083226029604_743671291212883

Step 1: Open the box...

The sensors really are presented nicely. You can tell that some thought went into the packaging. The box includes 13 green-trimmed sensors for your woods/irons/hybrids and one all-black sensor for your putter. That's the only sensor specific to a club.

I screwed in all of the sensors, and then it was time to pair them with the app.

30077089_133738270809129_842952181121705

Team photo

As info, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Android user, going all the way back to the OG Motorola Droid. I do not care for iOS. I also don't buy flagship phones anymore. I hate huge phone cases, and I don't want a phone that I'll grow attached to. Right now, I'm using the aggressively mediocre Samsung J7. Not S7; J7. It's fine for what I need, especially for use as a mobile hotspot (more on that later). The J7 does not have a gyroscope (not that I'd ever cared before), so it cannot be used with Arccos. Fellow forum member Wedgie pointed out that he bought an iPhone SE specifically for use with Arccos. The SE is a nice little phone; it's got decent horsepower and battery life for a small device. And the size is nice for something that's going to live in my pocket for 4+ hours a round. Walmart is selling them for $100 with a StraightTalk SIM. So I went ahead and bought one.

I installed the app, set up an account with Arccos and started pairing.

The app uses the camera to help you pair the sensors, but you really don't need to be that precise. If you get the phone anywhere near the sensor, it will pair. It's so fast that I inadvertently paired my driver as both the driver and the three wood in the app. Once I paired all my other clubs, I re-paired the three wood. Click Clubs in the bottom menu, then Manage at the top right. From there, you get a list of your clubs. Check off the ones you want to re-pair and follow the steps on screen. Once I clicked around and found the re-pairing option, it was a breeze.

The app is nice enough to find local courses, and it offers to download them for you. I selected the course I was going to play the following day, and I thought I'd downloaded it (more on this in my round 1 review). With that, I was ready to play some golf.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Arccos First Round and Round Editing

I've been using GolfPad for about a year now, and I've found it to be:

1. Better than nothing

2. Pretty good for $20/year

The stats in the app are nice. The browser-based dashboard is not the greatest. Again, for $20/year, it's pretty good. I'm looking for Arccos to blow me away. In some ways it does, and in others, it falls short.

We arrived at the course, hit some range balls and practice putts and then headed to the first tee. Arccos recommends that you not start your round until you're on the first tee. So I waited until we headed to the tee to start. I thought I'd downloaded the course the night before, but the app was telling me that I needed to download the course because my iPhone has no service. I enabled the mobile hotspot on my Android phone and let the iPhone use that network throughout the round. I stuck the phone in my left front pocket and we started playing.

The GPS is pretty good. The yardages seem accurate enough. I really like my laser better, and I will go back to using it in future rounds, but this is good enough that I'll be happy to fall back on it if my daughter has borrowed the laser and not returned it. Not that she's ever done that in the past. The course we played is one I've played several times in the past, so I never really needed it for a layup yardage. It's a little awkward to switch from Front/Middle/Back mode to map mode, but it seems like a long press on the FMB screen will get you there. I did put it in map mode a couple of times to play with the layup yardage feature, and it's easy enough to do once you get yourself to the map.

You can edit the round while in the round, and I did this once or twice just to try it. But for the most part, I resisted the urge to fiddle with the phone except to get a yardage when I needed it. We were moving along quickly, so there was really no time to mess around with the app. I'd find out later if the tagging was accurate, once I'd finished the round and gotten home to look at it on the dashboard. Because of this, I kept track of all the clubs I hit on a separate scorecard. All-in-all, the in-round experience with Arccos was definitely better than GolfPad. Not needing to mark shots was a huge plus. Arccos was off by a couple of shots on my score, but I figured that would be the case. After starting with a full charge on the iPhone, it had around 60% of its charge remaining by the end of the round. Wifi is pretty easy on battery. My Android had plenty of battery left as well, even with being in hotspot mode for nearly four hours.

Later that evening, I fired up the laptop, surfed on over to arccosgolf.com and pulled up my dashboard. The presentation of the statistics is really well done. It blows away GolfPad's browser-based dash. I pulled up the round and started editing. In most cases, all I needed to do was add or remove a putt. This was easily done. It tracked every full shot hit with my clubs, including the bunker shot my dad hit with my 56* (he wanted to try out the CBX). Deleting this shot was a breeze. Arccos incorrectly had me in the rough on one hole where I was in the edge of the fairway, and on another hole it thought I was in the rough when I was in a fairway bunker. I corrected both of those problems as well. And I had one chunked pitch shot that did not register, so I added that in. In just a few minutes, I was able to make all of the adjustments I could, and my score was accurate. That said, the experience is not perfect.

Delete Shot.png

Every shot counts, including the ones your dad hits with your clubs.

Because our Bermuda grass is still dormant and lies are very tight around the greens, I putted from well off the green several times. I cannot figure out how keep this from registering as a putt. Because of this, Arccos recorded a couple of GIRs that weren't GIRs and a couple of three putts that weren't three putts. It looks like you should be able to register a shot with a putter as a chip in the shot editor, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get it working.

Edit:  It's very easy to change an off the green putt to a chip in the app.  Arccos got back to me very quickly and answered my question.  I prefer to edit my round in the web dashboard, and I am hoping they will get it working in the web dashboard soon, but now that I know how to do it, I'm good.

Edit 2: Arccos has confirmed that this functionality should work in the web dashboard. Looks like I found a bug. They will be fixing this in the near future.

Edit 3: Arccos has fixed this functionality in the web dashboard.

Arccos also seems to be missing something that GolfPad has - the concept of a recovery shot. I had two punch-outs that look like they were recorded as full shots, and I also tried to hit a crazy fade around a tree. In GolfPad, I'd have categorized all three of these as recovery shots to properly "penalize" (in strokes gained stats) the prior shot. I've posted both of these questions to our Arccos contact for the challenge. One other GolfPad feature I miss is the ability to publicly post a round. I'd love to let all of you have a laugh at how I played, hole-by-hole and shot-by-shot. It looks like you can share a specific hole, but not the entire round.

As a whole, I'm pretty pleased with Arccos. It's definitely a good hands-off experience. I hope the editing issues I experienced were operator error. If not, then I'd expect that they get resolved fairly soon for a $250 product. All editing issues have been resolved. I really appreciate the quick turnaround.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Arccos First Round and Round Editing

I've been using GolfPad for about a year now, and I've found it to be:

1. Better than nothing

2. Pretty good for $20/year

The stats in the app are nice. The browser-based dashboard is not the greatest. Again, for $20/year, it's pretty good. I'm looking for Arccos to blow me away. In some ways it does, and in others, it falls short.

We arrived at the course, hit some range balls and practice putts and then headed to the first tee. Arccos recommends that you not start your round until you're on the first tee. So I waited until we headed to the tee to start. I thought I'd downloaded the course the night before, but the app was telling me that I needed to download the course because my iPhone has no service. I enabled the mobile hotspot on my Android phone and let the iPhone use that network throughout the round. I stuck the phone in my left front pocket and we started playing.

The GPS is pretty good. The yardages seem accurate enough. I really like my laser better, and I will go back to using it in future rounds, but this is good enough that I'll be happy to fall back on it if my daughter has borrowed the laser and not returned it. Not that she's ever done that in the past. The course we played is one I've played several times in the past, so I never really needed it for a layup yardage. It's a little awkward to switch from Front/Middle/Back mode to map mode, but it seems like a long press on the FMB screen will get you there. I did put it in map mode a couple of times to play with the layup yardage feature, and it's easy enough to do once you get yourself to the map.

You can edit the round while in the round, and I did this once or twice just to try it. But for the most part, I resisted the urge to fiddle with the phone except to get a yardage when I needed it. We were moving along quickly, so there was really no time to mess around with the app. I'd find out later if the tagging was accurate, once I'd finished the round and gotten home to look at it on the dashboard. Because of this, I kept track of all the clubs I hit on a separate scorecard. All-in-all, the in-round experience with Arccos was definitely better than GolfPad. Not needing to mark shots was a huge plus. Arccos was off by a couple of shots on my score, but I figured that would be the case. After starting with a full charge on the iPhone, it had around 60% of its charge remaining by the end of the round. Wifi is pretty easy on battery. My Android had plenty of battery left as well, even with being in hotspot mode for nearly four hours.

Later that evening, I fired up the laptop, surfed on over to arccosgolf.com and pulled up my dashboard. The presentation of the statistics is really well done. It blows away GolfPad's browser-based dash. I pulled up the round and started editing. In most cases, all I needed to do was add or remove a putt. This was easily done. It tracked every full shot hit with my clubs, including the bunker shot my dad hit with my 56* (he wanted to try out the CBX). Deleting this shot was a breeze. Arccos incorrectly had me in the rough on one hole where I was in the edge of the fairway, and on another hole it thought I was in the rough when I was in a fairway bunker. I corrected both of those problems as well. And I had one chunked pitch shot that did not register, so I added that in. In just a few minutes, I was able to make all of the adjustments I could, and my score was accurate. That said, the experience is not perfect.

attachicon.gifDelete Shot.png

Every shot counts, including the ones your dad hits with your clubs.

Because our Bermuda grass is still dormant and lies are very tight around the greens, I putted from well off the green several times. I cannot figure out how keep this from registering as a putt. Because of this, Arccos recorded a couple of GIRs that weren't GIRs and a couple of three putts that weren't three putts. It looks like you should be able to register a shot with a putter as a chip in the shot editor, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get it working. Arccos also seems to be missing something that GolfPad has - the concept of a recovery shot. I had two punch-outs that look like they were recorded as full shots, and I also tried to hit a crazy fade around a tree. In GolfPad, I'd have categorized all three of these as recovery shots to properly "penalize" (in strokes gained stats) the prior shot. I've posted both of these questions to our Arccos contact for the challenge. One other GolfPad feature I miss is the ability to publicly post a round. I'd love to let all of you have a laugh at how I played, hole-by-hole and shot-by-shot. It looks like you can share a specific hole, but not the entire round.

As a whole, I'm pretty pleased with Arccos. It's definitely a good hands-off experience. I hope the editing issues I experienced were operator error. If not, then I'd expect that they get resolved fairly soon for a $250 product.

Did you find it a better experience editing your score after the round through the dashboard or through the app on your phone?

Were you allowed access to the paid caddie subscription?

Seems like you are enjoying the experience overall. I may have to really give this system some thought.

30077089_133738270809129_842952181121705

I have to say: this picture made me laugh. It appears that you stuck the sensors in 13 random clubs and one tennis racket, and then took a picture of your toes :)

In all seriousness, great write-up on the device itself and your experience using it. Even though this is ultimately a review on the Cobra clubs, I'm also interested in the Arccos reviews, as I've been a Game Golf user the past two years.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I have to say: this picture made me laugh. It appears that you stuck the sensors in 13 random clubs and one tennis racket, and then took a picture of your toes :)

In all seriousness, great write-up on the device itself and your experience using it. Even though this is ultimately a review on the Cobra clubs, I'm also interested in the Arccos reviews, as I've been a Game Golf user the past two years.

That White and Blue MCC looks a little slick. Looks like you won the Cobra challenge at the right time - saves you from having to regrip.

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

Great write up Hardcore.. 

Sorry that I have not got to get the Arccos set-up and running yet.. Had to be a good dad this weekend.. Also it has dumped rain, Yeah i know its Seattle, for almost 3 weeks straight.. I hope to get everything set-up and give it my first shot this week hoping for decent weather by wed for a day or two.. 

Guys bear with me once I get the weather to cooperate You'll be fully kept up to date.. 

thanks

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Have you changed anything in your approach to course management knowing that arcos ion?

Yes, I don't wear tight pants anymore 😁😂🤣😂 but seriously, I haven't delved into the arccos 360 as much as I've wanted to due to family commitments this past weekend. I'll get under the hood so to speak tonight and tomorrow.

My game plan this year, with arccos' help is to minimize my weaknesses in my game on the course and work on those during range times while taking advantages of what arccos determines is my strengths. So if arccos shows any approach shot over 200yards has the likelihood of me meeting and dating a super model, then I'll lay up to a comfortable wedge distance. I'd be interested to see the stats on dog leg lefts and rights, to see if I tend to play one better than the other being a lefty.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

You're right MP...Ultimately it will be about the Cobra clubs, but knowing the testers were getting Arccos a few weeks in advance of the clubs and asked to play a certain number of rounds to get a baseline, I figured this thread would be a good chance to discuss the Arcccos end of it leading up to the official review part, which of course we'll start a new thread on. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

It will pickup where ever your sensor is located. Had this happen on my second hole last week in league. Hit a baby draw so the ball ended up on the right side of the fairway but I was standing in the rough. As GolfSpy Rob had said, the fairway and rough lines sometimes change a little based on what the maintenance staff does as well. So the ball was in the fairway and I was in the rough so it registered it as being in the rough. Minor change corrected it while on the course. If I was a righty-only, it probably have picked it up as a fairway hit.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

.. I'm not one of those guys that can recount every shot I hit.

I'm there with you on this. Heck, I can't remember what I did this morning let along what shot I hit on what hole!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Haha....you're crushing your driver!

Well, the arccos really is "boosting" my morale 😁.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

. That helped me edit my round after the fact. I'm not one of those guys that can recount every shot I hit

It's fading a bit as I age, but I can not only recall every shot of my round, I can usually tell you every shot of everyone in the groups round as well.   One of those worthless talents I have/had...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Did you find it a better experience editing your score after the round through the dashboard or through the app on your phone?

Were you allowed access to the paid caddie subscription?

Seems like you are enjoying the experience overall. I may have to really give this system some thought.

The iPhone SE is so tiny, I want to do as little with it as possible.  I did go in and change putts to chips in the app, as it appears that's the only way to do it.  But I much prefer to edit on my laptop later on.  Personal preference.

I need to play five rounds before I can use Arccos Caddie.  I was getting "plays like" distances in my first round.  I'll need to put the app in Tournament Mode and check that out.

I do like just sticking the phone in my pocket and not touching it.  I'll spend 10 minutes editing later on while I'm looking at my stats.  Being able to ignore the stat tracker and have it "just work" is huge to me.

Yeah, after I posted, I noticed that I didn't crop my foot out of the picture.  And the randomness of the grips is funny - I have 20 of those gray Lamkin RELs and I like changing grips myself, but I'm still really lazy about making the change.  Actually, if I didn't like doing it, I'd just have someone else do them all at once.

As for the tennis racket - Back when I was in high school, Scott Verplank was going to be the next big thing, and he taped his putter grip with gauze tape.  So we all started taping our putter grips.  I switched from gauze to tennis tape because gauze got dirty too fast.

That White and Blue MCC looks a little slick. Looks like you won the Cobra challenge at the right time - saves you from having to regrip.

Yeah, like I said, I'm really lazy about regripping.  I've sanded my grips to avoid regripping.  

And as an edit to my post above, you can change putts to chips in the app.  Not sure if you can do it in the web dashboard (it looks like you should, but I can't figure it out).

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Just heard back from Arccos.  You should be able to change putts to chips in the web dashboard.  Looks like I've found a bug.  I've updated my review post.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

So I installed the putter sensor on my EVNROLL ER6 putter. Below is my conversations with Justin @EVNROLL......sorry, the thread reads from the bottom.....

Nope, the Arccoss sensor has a screw that is about 3/4” long. When inserted into the center Hole on the butt end, the screw hits something hard as about halfway in the buttend of the grip begins to bow. I snipped about 1/4” off the sensor and it still hit something I side the shaft that would not let the screw continue.

Today I emailed.....

So I tried it anyway and the putter got stuck in my bag and when I was able to remove it, the sensor popped off. I had to empty my bag from the golf cart and turn it upside down to retrieve the sensor. I reattached the sensor but could not put it in my bag while playing for fear of it getting caught again.

If I replace the grip, I need one that weighs the same as the one grip. Will the Golf Pride Tour SNSR 140cc be equivalent?

Thanks

Sent from Foz's iPad

On Apr 16, 2018, at 12:40 PM, Support wrote:

That is odd, I have seen those used before, it could be the thick rubber butt end is about .25” from the actual shaft?

Justin

On Apr 16, 2018, at 9:22 AM, James F ATTEBERRY wrote:

Thanks much. I had some issues when I installed the Arccoss 360 putter sensor. It kept pulling away from the grip. I snipped off some of the sensor screw so now it sorta fits.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 16, 2018, at 11:53 AM, Support wrote:

Hey Foster,

The ER6 uses a grip that weighs 117g, and acts as a counter balance to the head weight that is slightly heavier than traditional putters, resulting in a putter that has increased weight for stability, but a swing weight that allows for good distance control. Thanks for the support!

Regards,

Justin

On Apr 16, 2018, at 4:23 AM, Evnroll

Comment: Does the EVNRoll ER6 have a counterbalanced grip?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I got a quick reply from Golf Pride, they said the Tour SNSR grip weighs in at 124 grams.  That said, I do believe it will be a good fit for my EVNRoll.  The only prob is the putter is red and the golf pride grip is blue.

Any thoughts?

I got a quick reply from Golf Pride, they said the Tour SNSR grip weighs in at 124 grams. That said, I do believe it will be a good fit for my EVNRoll. The only prob is the putter is red and the golf pride grip is blue.

Any thoughts?

They make a red one that's the same thickness but with a pistol grip. Probably just a few grams heavier.

I have one on my Odyssey and like the feel a lot.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

It's fading a bit as I age, but I can not only recall every shot of my round, I can usually tell you every shot of everyone in the groups round as well.   One of those worthless talents I have/had...LOL

Glad to see I'm not the only golfing Jedi when it comes to this talent. 

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

They make a red one that's the same thickness but with a pistol grip. Probably just a few grams heavier.

I have one on my Odyssey and like the feel a lot.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

It's the same weight as the blue one. The 104cc versions are 90g and the 140cc are 124g. The red pistol is a good feeling grip, but it can feel a little "mushy" at times so it is something to consider.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

I got a quick reply from Golf Pride, they said the Tour SNSR grip weighs in at 124 grams.  That said, I do believe it will be a good fit for my EVNRoll.  The only prob is the putter is red and the golf pride grip is blue.

Any thoughts?

If you really like the grip that is on it and putt well with it, I would just mix up a little bit of epoxy and epoxy the sensor onto the end of the grip. I did that on my Edel what had counterbalancing weights in it. Cut off about 4/5 of the sensor screw and inserted the rest with some black epoxy. Worked like a charm. It's a pain to remove if you need to but it can still be done. Doesn't take much epoxy.

Thanks jd, I have not switched yet and may investigate ways to keep it on the EVNRoll grip.

Got two more 9 hole rounds in with the Arccos. Had a fast charging cable hooked to my low output battery pack so I wasn't expecting much. After the first 9, finished around 46% battery life (better than the 19% from the previous weeks). Plugged into an outlet in between 9s and got it back to 60%. Hooked up to a second battery pack (exactly then same model as the first and that one actually charged better and got the phone to 79% while playing!) kind of awkward having the battery pack, 6'cable and phone in the same pocket but I went with it for testing purposes.

The Arccos 360 performed well. I re-paired the hybrid as it wasn't picking up my shots with the hybrid in the previous rounds. That seemed to solve the issue. Arccos still tended to miss putts which wasn't a big deal as I just added those missed putts in easily after the hole. It did miss a few sand shots when it took me three to get out of the bunker. Probably the poorest day of golf I've had in a while where nothing in my game worked (one of those days you just wanted to break your clubs in half and call it a day).

Attached are the first and second 9 hole rounds... All played on the same 9.

Screenshot_20180419-104535.png

Liked the stats noting my driving and approach shots were that of a 30+ handicapper. Funny, felt more like a 50+ 😂😁😁☹️

Screenshot_20180419-104544.png

Screenshot_20180419-104556.png

Screenshot_20180419-104610.png

So looking at the stats, I tend to not hit my approach shots very well (11% of the time in this example) and usually short. When I do get it on the green, I'm at least 21' away.

Second 9

Screenshot_20180419-104622.png

I really sucked wind on the round. I could tell my swing was off but it was the league round so I had to push through with what I had (which was like sailing the ocean with a boat full of holes)

Screenshot_20180419-104643.png

Screenshot_20180419-104751.png

Screenshot_20180419-104758.png

What can I take away from this second 9? Well, that I should probably stop golfing and take up needlepoint... Any questions feel free to ask.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: