Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wrist cocking....

Sluggo42

I used it today with excellent results, got my draw back (occasionally), but will take a few rounds for it to be comfortable again.

Divots were big, but they were even and clean.

Slightly harder to ingrain it with the driver due to the longer shaft but it feels more natural. I found I was swinging smoother and I believe I got some yardage back as well.

Medal this weekend so lets see how it stands up under pressure ;)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

of course.But manually forcing it never works.Everyone does it, so my question is why force it?

Its not a matter of forcing it, its just a little earlier, and its creating fantastic results for me.

If you don't like it, don't do it.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I used it today with excellent results, got my draw back (occasionally), but will take a few rounds for it to be comfortable again.

Divots were big, but they were even and clean.

Slightly harder to ingrain it with the driver due to the longer shaft but it feels more natural. I found I was swinging smoother and I believe I got some yardage back as well.

Medal this weekend so lets see how it stands up under pressure ;)

I haven't rolled it with my driver yet, but I'm getting closer. I did get the 3 wood off the tee with it today, and that was good too.

Im hoping the driver kind of works itself into the mix.

I think a little bit bigger divots are fine, I'm guessing thats a result of greater lag thats created, and thats a good thing.

Excessive divots I think are probably due to coming over the top to much. As long as you're hitting the ball first with a good flight, you shouldn't have too gnarly of a divot.

used it today and best ball striking game for awhile, attacked many pins and it was great for all irons and particularly for wedges. 4 wood was exceptional with it.

Driver is the weak point just now, drives are ok but inconsistent i.e left and right and off the bottom of the face.

I think the earlier wrist set is getting the club on plane in the backswing as opposed to it 'falling' behind the hands on the backswing.

It certainly promotes confidence in the swing but I did hit a few fat so the timing is slightly off. W.I.P but great results so far

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

used it today and best ball striking game for awhile, attacked many pins and it was great for all irons and particularly for wedges. 4 wood was exceptional with it.

Driver is the weak point just now, drives are ok but inconsistent i.e left and right and off the bottom of the face.

I think the earlier wrist set is getting the club on plane in the backswing as opposed to it 'falling' behind the hands on the backswing.

It certainly promotes confidence in the swing but I did hit a few fat so the timing is slightly off. W.I.P but great results so far

When I read your reports, it feels as if I was the one writing it.

I think you need to be careful to stay on the right instep on the backswing to get that spanking "ball-first" hit.

I also hit all the hybrids and the 3-wood off the deck, as well as off the low tee-up, but the driver seems to be a different animal and I haven't had a chance to get to the range in the last week to work that out. It seems to work better for descending blows, which of course is everything except the driver.

As I'm watching the BMW today, I'm seeing many of the pros doing the same thing, so apparently its nothing new to the world, only me and you it seems... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I've come to the conclusion after trying again today that it works well for the irons, really well for the wedges, decent for fairway woods but poor for driver.

It might have a lot to do with the shaft length.

I'll try not cocking so early with the driver (until about halfway I reckon) and see if that helps consistency.

Ya, good day for me too today. I actually found myself doing with the driver a little, but not on purpose.

But everything off the carpet has been solid.

I think it's starting to embed into my unconscience swing.

For me, whenever I cock my wrist the ball seems to fly on a higher trajectory which I like so I will cock it when I need higher shots to check up quicker like on elevated greens.

#PowerToThePlayer

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Archived