GolfSpy MPR

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

7 hours ago, Goalienut said:
  1. What do you love about golf? The fact that each day on the course is beautiful no matter how bad you do. It always beats a day in the office.

Welcome to MGS! This is what it's all about!

Allow myself to reintroduce myself. Sorry, I couldn't resist My name is Eric. Its been a long time since I've been in here. Glad to be back. I'm still sort of new to the game (started playing in 2017), but I love it I'm looking to play more so I can get better.

So if anyone can tolerate playing with a cat who still sometimes skips the ball across the green and hits low arching shots, I'm your man!

I just got fit for my Wilson 300c irons in January and I really dig em I need to snag my D7 driver, and maybe fairway woods and hybrids. I love my Browns, Buckeyes, Cabsy, Indians and CBJ!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Allow myself to reintroduce myself. Sorry, I couldn't resist My name is Eric. Its been a long time since I've been in here. Glad to be back. I'm still sort of new to the game (started playing in 2017), but I love it I'm looking to play more so I can get better.

So if anyone can tolerate playing with a cat who still sometimes skips the ball across the green and hits low arching shots, I'm your man!

I just got fit for my Wilson 300c irons in January and I really dig em I need to snag my D7 driver, and maybe fairway woods and hybrids. I love my Browns, Buckeyes, Cabsy, Indians and CBJ!

Welcome and go Bucks

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wordtalkpro said:

Allow myself to reintroduce myself. Sorry, I couldn't resist emoji1787.png My name is Eric. Its been a long time since I've been in here. Glad to be back. I'm still sort of new to the game (started playing in 2017), but I love it emoji1487.png I'm looking to play more so I can get better.

I just got fit for my Wilson 300c irons in January and I really dig em emoji1487.png I need to snag my D7 driver, and maybe fairway woods and hybrids. I love my Browns, Buckeyes, Cabsy, Indians and CBJ!

Welcome! Are you in NE Ohio?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing around 40 years, 35 on actual courses.  Handicap is around 11.  

2. What do you love about golf?  It’s all dependent on what you do.  No refs, no judges, just you.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  The great reviews and information.  I may know some and have no idea  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Grandville Mi area.   Don’t have a home course.  Kids are old enough starting to play more often again.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Summer golf is great   Winter sucks.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Um, see above.

8. was very disappointed with a driver fitting I had over a year ago.  Knew I should get fit, loved the data, after learning more discovered they did a terrible job.  Thankfully, they suggested my gamer was worth keeping as for $400 it wasn’t worth the extra 0.3 yards.  

9. Used the ping app, discussed on the site to fit myself for a putter last month.   Have always played a blade and tempo said go to a mallet.  Slight arc.   Tried the winner from Dicks.  Wasn’t very good with it.  Tried ping, odessey, and everything else.   At a small local shop saw a evenroll er5 and tried it for laughs as that is way out of my budget ( I’m cheap).  Fit perfect and putted great with it that the other people probably thought I was nuts laughing so much.  A 34 5/8 would be a proper length for me.  I just chocked down a little.  Checked the price on the er5 and $150.  I asked the guy at the counter if it was mismarked  and he said “nope”.  It’s in my bag and I will track the changes, hopefully for the better.  

Edited by keveng
  • Like 3

Welcome to MGS!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

How long have you been playing golf?

My dad bought me my first set of clubs when I was about 8. From there I used my mom's hand me downs and played off and on. I worked at a golf course the summers I was in college and that helped me get back into it. I would say for the last nine years I have become more of a 'golfer'. Also, my husband @palvord is addicted to golf, so if I wanted to spend time with him, it was going to be on the course.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I would say my handicap is about 17. I used to be happy with any round under 100. My goal this year is to break 90, which I have been oh so close!

What do you love about golf?

I love that it is something you don't need a large group to play with. Growing up, I played a lot of team sports, and golf is something you can do by yourself or with just one other person. Also, your game is your game, no one else impacts how you perform other than yourself.

I also love being outdoors. In Michigan we don't get a ton of beautiful sunshiny days, so when we do I like to be out enjoying the great outdoors. Golf is a great way to appreciate the world around you.

Also, a sport you can drink while doing? Sign me up.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

My husband @palvord spends a lot of time on this forum so I thought I would see what it's all about. Also, ladies golf too! So I wanted to give you all the female perspective on golf.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Born and raised Michigan girl, grew up in the southern thumb and now reside in Royal Oak. I don't have a home course as I am not in a league and really pick my course based off 1) where the deals are and 2) where my husband wants to play. I do the majority of my golfing in Northern Michigan which is my absolute favorite.  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Michigan has some world class golf courses, and at reasonable prices. I prefer courses in Northern Michigan, as the terrain, scenery, and lack of people are better than you get in Metro Detroit. The worst part, of course, is the weather. We only have a few months to play our great courses, so everybody and their brother is on them.  

What do you do for a living?

I live the very exciting life of a commercial lender. Never saw myself in corporate America, let alone at a Bank, but here I am. I am very fortunate my career allows me to call the golf course my 'office' some days.  

How’d you pick your user name?

Well, I am a lady, my first name starts with a J, and I am an eighties baby.

Edited by LadyJ87
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, wordtalkpro said:

Thx! Akron is my hometown, but I live in Columbus

I think I've conquered the ummms, now have to remove the "and" and "so"

• Like 2

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Playing for 18 years. Normal score 90

• What do you love about golf? The challenge to get better, but maintain fun

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was looking at equipment reviews when was purchasing a driver. Not know anyone else

• Where are you from? What is your home course? From Cincinnati. Usually play Blue Ash Golf Course 

•  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is affordable very good courses and can play to 9 during the summer. Worst is November to February 

• What do you do for a living? Family doctor

•  How’d you pick your user name? Boring, just my name

• Like 4

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've played a little as I was younger, maybe a few times over the summer starting in middle school and high school (8-9 years ago). The last few years I've starting playing a lot more and really trying to improve, which is what led me here! I am currently putting together some full rounds to get my handicap on "The Grint" app, but typically shoot somewhere mid to upper 40's.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the constant improvement and all the intricacies, as well as the social aspect. I was a HS sports person, so now that I'm "grown up" (mostly 😉) I love that golf gives me something to work on and try to improve, and that gets me active and outside.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Only if they're really good spies, because I don't know of any! I ran across the forum amidst my random internet golf meandering about equipment or improvement or something along those lines. Liked what I saw and thought it'd be cool to be a part of the community so here I am!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from West Michigan, and don't currently have a home course. College debt has me basically playing wherever I can manage to find deals, but I end up playing North Kent, Arrowhead, and Candlestone probably most frequently at the moment.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well, it's tough for me to compare because I've never lived anywhere else, but the winter definitely kills a lot of golf activity, that's for sure!

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a mechanical engineer at a design consultant firm.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Well, it's basically my default when I'm not feeling creative, not a whole lot more to it than that!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ncwoz said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've played a little as I was younger, maybe a few times over the summer starting in middle school and high school (8-9 years ago). The last few years I've starting playing a lot more and really trying to improve, which is what led me here! I am currently putting together some full rounds to get my handicap on "The Grint" app, but typically shoot somewhere mid to upper 40's.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the constant improvement and all the intricacies, as well as the social aspect. I was a HS sports person, so now that I'm "grown up" (mostly 😉) I love that golf gives me something to work on and try to improve, and that gets me active and outside.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Only if they're really good spies, because I don't know of any! I ran across the forum amidst my random internet golf meandering about equipment or improvement or something along those lines. Liked what I saw and thought it'd be cool to be a part of the community so here I am!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from West Michigan, and don't currently have a home course. College debt has me basically playing wherever I can manage to find deals, but I end up playing North Kent, Arrowhead, and Candlestone probably most frequently at the moment.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well, it's tough for me to compare because I've never lived anywhere else, but the winter definitely kills a lot of golf activity, that's for sure!

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a mechanical engineer at a design consultant firm.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Well, it's basically my default when I'm not feeling creative, not a whole lot more to it than that!

Welcome to MGS from another West Michigander. I'm sure you'll like it here. Hopefully it dries out here soon. Getting frustrated with all of the rain so far this season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, edingc said:

Getting frustrated with all of the rain so far this season.

Gosh, no kidding! I came back from the range a few weeks ago and my wife thought I had been offroading with all the mud speckles on my face. Hopefully we get a good ole Michigan summer pretty soon here.

• Like 2

Indeed you have, Jim. "So" isn't so bad. I know i use it often, too. I also use/say "Right?" a lot. I'm working on it

I think I've conquered the ummms, now have to remove the "and" and "so"

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing golf off and on ~25 years but I started young, current handicap is 18 but steadily improving as I've been able to resume playing more often  

What do you love about golf?

I love being outside and the constant mental competition between yourself and the course 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Looking for a community to talk more about golf and continue to stay current on trends in the game

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I've lived all over the US currently in Morgantown, WV. Current home courses are the 2 courses at Lakeview resort

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Stunning views from the top of ridge lines through the foothills to the mountains, worst part finding a flat lie even on the tee boxes 

What do you do for a living?

Engineer, who of course likes to tinker more than prescribed for the game of golf, turns out for the all the tech in the world is useless if you don't swing close to on plane

How’d you pick your user name?

Initials and some other digits

• Like 2

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing regularly since the beginning of this golf season. Before then, I only played about once or twice a year. My current score for 18 Holes is slightly above 100, but I have been visiting the range or the course almost everyday to bring that down.
  2. What do you love about golf? I could go on for years about all the things I love about golf, but I'll limit it down to a few simple things that I enjoy about the game. I love how golf brings all of the boys together, I love how golf allows me to spend time outside for hours on end without getting bored, and I love how rewarding the game can be when I put all of the things I have been practicing together.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? My love for the game and my self-determination to get better and expand my knowledge about the game brings me to MyGolfSpy. I currently do not know ant other Spies but I am looking forward to meeting and interacting with people who are also passionate about this great game.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Lansing, Michigan and I have a season membership at Eldorado Golf Course in Mason, Michigan.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best things about golf in Michigan is that it doesn't get too hot in the summer, so I can comfortably play golf whenever I please without having to worry about overheating. The worst thing about golf in my region is that the season starts in March and ends in October, meaning I cannot visit the course in the winter. Fortunately there has been an expansion of indoor golf simulators in the Lansing Area.

6. What do you do for a living? I will be entering my senior year of high school in the fall, and I have a summer job working at Michigan State University. I visit the course almost everyday after school and work during the golf season. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I picked my username years ago, and I use it on almost all social media platforms. At the time I created my name, almost everybody called me "KB" and as I struggled to create a unique username I was listening to music on Spotify. So I took "KB" and put it together with the suffix of Spotify "ify" and I put them together to make "Kbify". I pronounce it [K-Biff-ee].

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’v been playing golf since college where I was introduced to the game.   I’m retired now and enjoy my days either playing golf or officiating (Rules Offical) the game at various tournaments including a US Open Qualifier and US Senior Open Qualifier.

2.  What do you love about golf?  The challenge of you against the course and the elements. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I’ve seen some interesting videos from MyGolfSpy that I found of interest that benefit me on IG.  I thought why not participate and contribute vs sitting on the sidelines... give back and help!!! 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m from Texas, but reside in Noblesville, IN. where I live on a Jack Nicholas design course (Sagamore Golf Club).  It’s a tough course!!! 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The great thing about golf in this region (greater Indianapolis Area) is the number of golf courses to choose from.  I don’t see any down sides to golfing in the area! #positiveattitude 

6. What do you do for a living?  I’m retired and spend my days Playing Golf, Officiating Golf, Watching Golf or Mentoring young Professional/Individuals in their careers or positive direction in life. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My user name describes where I spend my time.... involved in the game of Golf.  Playing or Officiating. 

• Like 2

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started playing golf when I was 10 living in Clarksville, TN.  It was great as the city's rec department gave the kids some lessons and let us out on the muni courses.  Been playing for 35 years.  Handicap is 15.  

2. What do you love about golf?  The mental challenge of getting your entire game working over 18 holes.  Seems like if my putting and driving are in tune my iron play is not as good.  Staying in the moment and making the best shots I can.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I like the information as I am an engineer by education.  The more independent info available allows for better decisions but us the consumers.  I do not know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Cincinnati OH.  No home course, play everywhere. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Cincinnati has a ton of good golf courses and feel likely to be here.  Winter...well I think that is self explanatory.

6. What do you do for a living?  Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name?  KISS - Keep IT Simple Stupid

• Like 2

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf since I was 12. My handicap is a 3.4

2. What do you love about golf? I love everything about golf.....especially birdies and eagles!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other spirs, buy I have been a frequent visitor to the site. I enjoy reading the forums and getting information on new equipment that is hitting the market

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I grew up in the southern tip of Illinois. Carbondale, IL. My home course is Hickory Ridge. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in my region is that we have many golf courses that are close by. You can get a tee time without issues. The bad thing is that many of the courses are not in great shape. The greens are soft and spongy, the fairways are patchy. Hickory Ridge is the only course where that is not the case

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Physician Assistant

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name is my nickname. The number was my jersey number in little league basketball

• Like 1