Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?100% new to the game of golf. Grew up going to the driving range few times a year but thats it. Im 29 now and decided to finally hang up the football cleats for the clubs. Have been going to the range or playing 18 twice a week for a few months now. Handicap is TBD.

2. What do you love about golf?                       I love the mental aspect of the game. Have to forget about the bad shots or it will get worse in a hurry. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?             No matter the interest Ive always taken in as much information as possible through sites and forums like MGS. Cant get enough of the write ups and personal reviews. Dont know any other spies yet but look forward to meeting you guys.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                                      Im currently in Denver and play either Kings Deer in Monument or Meadow Hills in Aurora. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                           Ive played "effort" sports all my life in the sense that the harder you try the better you become. Definitely not the case with golf, so trying to rewire my brain to keep it smooth and effortless.

6. What do you do for a living?.                      I give flight Instruction out of the Denver and surrounding areas. Tough time for aviation right now so plenty of time to work on my swing. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?               Its a nickname I picked up in the military and it stuck. 

Look forward to the playful banter and knowledge ill pick up from you guys.

Intellectually maddening, soulfully satisfying 

@RaginCajunWelcome to the site - I am in the Springs and looking forward to playing some golf up in yor neck of the woods next season. Hopefully we can get a group together and tee it up when it warms up (and when groups are allowed) again

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

@tyler621 - I played Pine Creek on Wednesday. Wasn’t an issue with crowds beyond the no clubhouse access rule.  COVID has only slowed down the amount of golf I play due to the number of people playing.

@RaginCajun - seems like it would be a long trip to drive down to Monument in order to play Kings Deer?  I heard they’ve moved to a no cart rule?  Walking only?  That’s a long walk!

@toehold57 My pops is a member at Kings Deer which is why im down there. Last time was about 3 weeks ago and they were still allowing carts. They probably did move to walkong only, so its either the front or back 9 for me.ha 

@tyler621 Thanks, that would be sweet and it gives me time to fix some things in my swing.ha I plan on playing patty jewett, how is the course?

Intellectually maddening, soulfully satisfying 

@toehold57 Good to hear - I have hit balls on the range at Pine Creek but have never played it. In fact, I have yet to tee it up in Colorado. Same with Kings Deer - only hit some balls on the range. I think Kings Deer normally closes for the winter but I think Pine Creek stays open

@RaginCajun See my comments above - I haven't played PJ but it is pretty open from what I've seen. I was supposed to play in a league there this summer but COVID stopped that from happening. From my understanding the course is pretty open but don't expect to play real quick. 

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

@tyler621 - your comments are spot on.  PJ is pretty open but slow.  KD normally closes over the winter as they sit over 7000 ft.

There’s Antler Creek out in Falcon.  Loooong course that is for the most part, very wide open.

During the summer there’s Shining Mountain in Woodland Park.  A mountain course that can be tight at times.  I think it sits at 8200ft.  A fun change of pace.

My favorite is Pine Creek for 18 and Cherokee Ridge for a fun 9.  Assuming you can get on 😉

@toehold57 Thanks for the info! I hadn't looked into Antler Creek or Shining Mountain yet. I might try to get out to Pine Creek over the holiday weekend. Hopefully this morning's snow doesn't stick around too long.

WITB

• 2 months later...

Hello, I'm Bruce Hinman. I started playing golf 1964, played off and  on for years. I live in Topeka Ks. Home course is Western Hills, I belong to  great life golf and fitness. I can play on 7 courses in the area. My handicap is 18, some day are better than others. I love golf, play when I can. Being outdoors and trying to hit best shot I can. I like to read the inputs on the forum. I am retired. First and last initial and year I was born.

Tommy Armour TA -1 driver

Adams 2 hy

Adams 3 hy

Tommy Armour 4hy

Adams 5 hy

STi-2 irons 6-GW

Acer 52 & 54 wedges

Pinemeadow SS 400 putter

8 hours ago, BH43 said:

Hello, I'm Bruce Hinman. I started playing golf 1964, played off and  on for years. I live in Topeka Ks. Home course is Western Hills, I belong to  great life golf and fitness. I can play on 7 courses in the area. My handicap is 18, some day are better than others. I love golf, play when I can. Being outdoors and trying to hit best shot I can. I like to read the inputs on the forum. I am retired. First and last initial and year I was born.

Welcome aboard!

• 1 month later...

Hello,my name is Leroy Romero and i took up the golf game when i was 53 years young.I was introduced to the game by a couple of friends i worked with and i got hooked immediately.My buddies told my wife that they had created a monster because of all the golf i played and still play.I play to a 14.6 handicap and reside in Nebraska.I was born and raised in Colorado but moved to Nebraska in 2006.Started playing golf after i moved to Nebraska but go back to Colorado every now and again.Just enjoy reading the forums and discussions pertaining to anything about golf.I also enjoy playing stroke play tournaments and scrambles.Just love the game.

• Guests

1.  Been playing about 20 years now....Handicap is usually 6 to 9 dependent on my form...

2.  Love that it's the course against me and meeting like minded golf nuts...

3.  Content and feedback seem to be great...  Was looking to get some feedback on a couple topics and it took all of 10 minutes...

4.  We are part time in MN and FL and travel a lot for golf...  Member of a few courses including Tpc Sawgrass, Snake River Sporting Club, and Somerby in MN...

5.  Nothing actually when we go where it is warm at our old ages lol...

6.  I own a small delivery company so I can work from anywhere nowadays...

• Guests
On 3/30/2020 at 12:14 PM, 3puttking said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I grew up on a sand green course when I was about 8 years old but playing consistently for the last 6 years or so. My current handicap is 1. 

2. What do you love about golf? The competitiveness and how humbling the game can be from day to do. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other spies but have always used the site for reading the forums for reviews on specific topics. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Bismarck, ND ....Hawktree Golf Course 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winter...In 2019 our Season was May - Beginning of October 

6. What do you do for a living? Financial Advisor 

7. How’d you pick your user name? For obvious reasons. 

My favorite course in ND is Hawktree...

Grew up there and went to St Marys...

Also met Jim Engh a few years back and chatted a couple hours in Idaho...

Enjoy....I need to get back to HT this summer hopefully

Living in central KS and have been playing for about 30 years but only playing more seriously for the last 8years or so.  Got as low as a 1.7HC at one point, not stay around the 7-8 range.   Play most of my rounds in the 6K yardage range as not long off the tee but always have fun. 

WITB=

:callaway-small: Mavrik SZ 9.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 3W 15*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 5W 18*

:srixon-small:ZX7  5-PW

:callaway-small:Jaws 50 & 58

Toulon  Las Vegas

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am from MO and started playing competitive golf when i was 12. Took a break when i was 17 and picked golf back up again at 27.   I am now 29 and recently won our local club championship in the A flight shooting 2 over par. 
I Play about 5 tourneys a year and play cash golf league every week. 

Edited by TG8

WITB

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing seriously around high school before taking a long hiatus through the rest of my schooling until now.  Finally playing some of my best golf down to a 2.8
  2. What do you love about golf?  Being able to get outdoors and satisfy my competitive side while meeting people in the process
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I use the Most Wanted reviews enough so I figured I should
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Moved to Colorado from Seattle.  Love the Denver area and mostly play either Dunes at Riverdale or Murphy Creek
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The ball goes farther but the wind will whip up and negate all the fun. Sunny days and even a few winter rounds.
  6. What do you do for a living? Medicine things
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Old golf nickname

Titleist Ts3 9.5° Even Flow T1100 6.5

3W/5W: Srixon Z F85 HZRDUS Red 6.0

4-PW: Titleist 720 CB NS PRO 1050 GH

Wedges: Vokey SM7 (50°-54°-58°) NS PRO 1050 GH

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for around 10 years. This is the first year I have decided to keep an actual handicap but typically I shoot between 14-18 over par and slightly better at a couple courses near me that I play the most, more like 10-14 over

2. What do you love about golf? I love most things about golf, but mainly the challenge and the constant opportunity to improve   

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know anyone else on golfspy. I have been getting golfspy emails for a while now and I want to participate in more forums to be eligible for testing and contests.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from liberal Missouri, the course I play the most is located in Carthage MO

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in my region is that there are a number of nice courses around that are affordable as well as some really nice courses within a couple hours, Branson MO/Rogers AR. The worst thing about golf is there is not an abundance of golf retail in my area or places to buy equipment, apparel, or club/ball fitting services 

6. What do you do for a living? I work in IT

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is just my name

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I learned as a kid, but up until this year have only played every couple of years. 

2. What do you love about golf? I think the courses are beautiful and it is always great to get out doors for a few hours away from technology. I also like that you really compete against yourself in golf. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I started to try and get better and always looking for more resources. Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? Berthoud, Colorado What is your home course? TPC Colorado, but I regularly play Indian Peaks. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? You can get to the range most of the year, but not really play year round. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Realtor and retired veteran. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my name. 

Driver :callaway-small: XR 10.5°

Irons: :titelist-small: AP1 PW-4i

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey 56°  & Vokey 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #5 Putter

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Ball: Kirkland Signature V2.0

Hey Everyone,

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf since the mid-90s when my dad caught the bug. I’m currently a 12hdcp.

2. What do you love about golf? I love getting better at something that when done right feels pure.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Lawrence Kansas. Jayhawk Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Our club doesn’t really close and even though its cold and more challenging, I can keep on playing.

6. What do you do for a living? Golf/not much else.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Golfing buddies gave it to me.

Mizuno JPX921 Tour

Titleist TS2

A different putter every week (smh)

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? It has been going on 4 years. I started playing when my wife was pregnant due to not having the time to spend the day fly fishing. As a result, I found a new joy playing golf. 

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and walking the courses. Also, I love seeing my improvement. The more time I invest in practice, I can see the results on the course. The problem is consistency. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?I started by reading the ball reviews. I am always trying to find a good deal that will bring consistency without breaking the bank. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Littleton, CO. My regular course was Deer Creek before it went under renovations. Now, I have been playing Meadow Creek and Foothills. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Being able to play different style of courses from park, country club, links, and mountain courses. Being close to the mountains we deal with a lot of wind and storms that pop-up out of nowhere. Winter can be hit or miss, but I do enjoy the challenge of playing a course that is as hard as concrete. Nothing feels better than a pitching wedge that goes almost 200 with a 50-100 bounce/roll.  

6. What do you do for a living? I am a policy advisor. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing special. 

Bag - :Ogio: Cart bag

Driver:cobra-small: - Cobra F8+  Tensei CK AV Blue 55

3 Wood :taylormade-small:-Taylormade RBZ 15 degree

4 hybrid -:taylormade-small: Taylormade RBZ 22 degree

5-p Irons -:titelist-small:Titleist AP2 714 - S300 Shaft

Approach Wedge -:taylormade-small: Taylormade Burner 2.0 

52, 56, 60 - Kirkland Wedge Set

Putter - Kirkland Putter or Odyssey White Hot Dart 

Ball - Kirkland v2

Pushing - :CaddyTek:  3 wheel swivel 

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I started playing with my Grandfather when I was 10 (73) and then really took it up in (92) with my brother when he came home from Desert Storm. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Current index is 3.9

3. What do you love about golf? The peacefulness of the walk. The people mostly, Range time. The challenge of shooting a lower score.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Don't know any spies.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Northern Colorado (Highland Meadows)

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather obstacles in the winter.

7. What do you do for a living? Retired LE 30 yrs, currently sell farm, ranch & Recreational  RE in Co, Ne & Wy

8. How’d you pick your user name? Northern Co Golfer

Edited by NoCoGolfer

image.png         21 P790's Nippon Pro 850 S

image.png               AI Smoke 10.5 w/ Ventus Blue 5S

image.png                AI Smoke 3 HL Fairway w/ Ventus Blue 6S

image.png                Epic  Hybrid

image.png               Vokey  wedges 54/58

image.png                 Pro V1

image.jpeg.c8b4ffb4ff4de8ea8afba23108e17df9.jpeg           Tour BX and BRX

Screenshot2024-02-11at9_30_37PM.png.1e4cb7cbea3eff113419aae62f667ad2.pngPhantom X 5

image.pngimage.png.2b1b71322a7777a170fc398e58331e60.png  image.png.e0ef3e994d42a54c95d17baf9258a43a.png

image.png

19 minutes ago, NoCoGolfer said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I started playing with my Grandfather when I was 10 (73) and then really took it up in (92) with my brother when he came home from Desert Storm. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Current index is 3.9

3. What do you love about golf? The peacefulness of the walk. The people mostly, Range time. The challenge of shooting a lower score.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Don't know any spies.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Northern Colorado (Highland Meadows)

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather obstacles in the winter.

7. What do you do for a living? Retired LE 30 yrs, currently sell farm, ranch & Recreational  RE in Co, Ne & Wy

8. How’d you pick your user name? Northern Co Golfer

Hi this is my first entry. I live in south east Iowa. I am 63 years young and have been playin golf since I was 10 years old.  Unfortunately I had to take a rest from golf of about 25 years. Work and life got in the way. Now that I am retired my wife and I moved out from above Seattle 4 years ago. I started golfing again a couple of years ago. My handicap is 7 and I love being outside and enjoying the challenges. I love the people out here and have joined a fun league. My home coarse is Edmundson Golf Coarse here in Oskaloosa and I also play a lot at Harvest Point Golf Coarse across the street. I am fairly new to MyGolfSpy and picked my user name because I am a huge Washington Husky football fan. Thanks for putting this up. I am glad I could let you know about me.

Back in golf after a 25 year delay. Go Dawgs!!

Hey folks!

1. Been playing since I was 20.  Baseball was done for me since I wasn't good enough to play college.  Played with my dad a few times, hit a few dead center and I was hooked!  80s shooter on average.  

2. I love the challenge to get better, learning how to hit different shots, the feeling when you hit it exactly the way you want!

3. Find MGS through researching equipment reviews.

4. St. Louis, MO area.  Don't really have one single home course. I like The Falls in O'Fallon, Crescent Farms in Eureka.  Pheasant Run is a great Par 3 if you want to get around quick.

5. Worst thing about my region I guess is winter (?).  Best thing I guess may be variety of styles of courses around here?

6. I am an engineer in the telecom industry.

Man of Christ first, husband, dad, golfer (obv), bass player, and STL sports nut.  Romans 12

Driver: Callaway Razr Fit

FW: Callaway Razr X Black 4W

Hybrids: Callaway X2 Hot 3, 4H

Irons: Callaway Razr X 5-AW

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54, 58

Putter: Ping Mid Ketsch Heavy

Ball: Snell MTB Black

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. My name’s John and I’m from the central Iowa are. 

I first saw Mygolfspy on YouTube and became an instant fan. The detail they take in their reviews and ratings of everything golf is unparalleled. No putts given is something I really look forward to. 

I’m 63 and have been playing since about 7th grade. I don’t play league or tournaments these days so I haven’t had a handicap for a couple years but am somewhere around a 5. I play at a small town 9 hole private course because it works within my budget since I’m retired and I play with a fantastic group of friends. 

Finally it’s great to be a member of this forum. 

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing on and off for the last 10 years. I typically shoot high 80s low 90s.

What do you love about golf?

4 hours outdoors and the great shots that make you forget about the bad ones.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I kept finding myself referring to this website for product testing and reviews. I figured its time to join. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in Denver and my home course is whoever has the best deal on GolfNow 🙂 It doesn't help my handicap, but I enjoy playing new courses.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best: The weather is usually great.
Worst: The greens are difficult to read on mountain courses.

What do you do for a living?

I work as a life safety engineer for a fire protection company.

How’d you pick your user name?

MyNameWasTaken

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI Shaft
Woods: Mizuno JPX 850 5W 
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/ Dynamic Gold x100
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50/10* 54/12* 58/08*
Putter: Edel The Brick Platinum

On 2/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Introducing myself, been a member on here for a while but haven't participated as well as I could or should.

1 - Been playing golf for over 20 years (started when I was 15), but only really been serious in the last 5 years. I aim for breaking 80, most times its a struggle to keep it under 90.

2 - Outside, new gear, those damn shots that keep you coming back even if the rest of the round was the one that would make you quit.

3 - Learning about new gear, tips and basically being involved in a golf community.

4 - From New Zealand, live in Colorado. Don't really have a true home course however the closest and most likely contender is the Riverdale Golf facility which has 2 18 hole layouts.

5 - Best things about golf in CO is you can practically play all year round, if there is no snow on the greens we can play! Worst is when there is snow on the greens.

6 - I have recently made a massive career change away from my tried & true, traditional tradesman-based controls engineering into the ever-expanding Industrial Cybersecurity field.

7 - See #4, it will make sense.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been golfing since I was 5 years old. My parents lived a block away from our local golf course and I pretty much lived there everyday in the summer. My handicap is a +1 and typical score is right around par.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the competition and being out on the course for me is a stress relief. I can forget about everything else going on in my life for the 4 hours on the course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have always been brand loyal to Titleist. I started following MyGolfSpy and it has really opened my eyes to other brands and finding the truth behind the technology. I am very interested in the data so you guys bringing the data to everyone I think is awesome

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Grand Forks, ND | Kings Walk Golf Course - Arnold Parlmer Design

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is fall golf doesn't get much better. Worst thing is the winters. We only get about 6 months of golf a year.

6. What do you do for a living? I am computer programmer.

7. How’d you pick your user name? pretty boring username. Its my first initial and last name.

Phil Kroetsch

North Dakota Golfer

Hello. I started playing golf when I was 12. Played all through school. We were members of our local country club so pretty much was able to play every day. I took a break from playing when I was 19. Took it up again in mid 20s. Thought I would try to do something with it Got back to scratch golf but finances and life had other ideas. I took another break for about 7 or 8 years. Just started playing again last year. I am currently around a 6 handicap but can also be a 10 at times. 

Edited by Kevin Etter
More detail after reading some of the others.

K.E.

What's up - been a reader of the site for a while, never really delved into the forums

-How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

almost 30, been playing since I could walk. 4.8 handicap

-What do you love about golf?

Everything. The camaraderie of playing with friends and strangers. I love tinkering with my equipment. I love traveling to play new courses.

-What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Just seems like a good place to talk golf

-Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from IL, but right outside of St. Louis. I play most of my tournaments in Missouri. Home course is Tamarack Golf club, an old public Pete Dye design

-What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

best is that we're pretty centrally located. There's a solid mix of courses around and trips to Big Cedar Lodge, Sweeten's Cove, or Wisconsin aren't too much for a long weekend. The worst part is that I'll never be able to get on the best courses in my area - a common problem with the disparity of private courses, but the closest I'll ever get to Bellerive, Old Warson, or St. Louis CC is going to a tournament as a spectator.

-What do you do for a living?

Work in law, but not a lawyer

-How’d you pick your user name?

Pretty self-explanatory