CarbonPutters

Our first chance at the big show

Welcome to MGS forums. You will enjoy it here, probably the best forum on Planet Earth.

Nice looking putter- reminds me a bit of the evnroll 2.2 (not sure if it's that one) but short of coming out with a head shaped like the Star ship enterprise it must be difficult not to look similar to other manufacturers.......it's worked well for Scotties😉

If I fully understand your post, you have a known tour player gaming your ringo- congratulations, is that for all events? I'll look out for it, maybe one of our spies will be able to shed more light.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I love stories like this. It’s a small business making a dent in the big show.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That's got to be pretty exciting to have a pro swinging one of your putters. I hope if you find out that you can release a name that you will let us know. I would try to find some info on all current players with 3 pga tour wins but that doesn't seem to exist in an easy to find format.

• Like 2

Welcome to My Golf Spy, CarbonPutters. Your pics depict a very clean look. Can you expound on the slot design?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I’m a big fan of Carbon, bought the Ringo 1/4 when MGS made it best blade a few years back, I even sent it back to Carbon to get re finished and have you guys put the Bullet in the chamber for me and I still game it. Great looking putter you have there, I saw you guys post this on IG a few days back, I really like the look. Nice to have you hear enjoy!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Welcome to My Golf Spy, CarbonPutters. Your pics depict a very clean look. Can you expound on the slot design?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sure I’ll do my best. The line you see on the bottom goes about 2/3 depth of the putter face. They have been called floating faces or sound slots.  Most do this for a louder sound feedback. The slot we cut is twice the width as Normal and we we’re looking to do that to loose weight because the player did not want to change the fundamental geometry of the head. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Peterpc2828 said:

I’m a big fan of Carbon, bought the Ringo 1/4 when MGS made it best blade a few years back, I even sent it back to Carbon to get re finished and have you guys put the Bullet in the chamber for me and I still game it. Great looking putter you have there, I saw you guys post this on IG a few days back, I really like the look. Nice to have you hear enjoy!

Really appreciate you taking a chance on us and still gaming it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Welcome to MGS forums. You will enjoy it here, probably the best forum on Planet Earth.

Nice looking putter- reminds me a bit of the evnroll 2.2 (not sure if it's that one) but short of coming out with a head shaped like the Star ship enterprise it must be difficult not to look similar to other manufacturers.......it's worked well for Scotties😉

If I fully understand your post, you have a known tour player gaming your ringo- congratulations, is that for all events? I'll look out for it, maybe one of our spies will be able to shed more light.

Should have included more details.. so there is no commitment, we just have a good shot at the bag. There is no money or contracts exchanging hands. We overnighted the putters to him yesterday. It may not be realistic to be in this week but feel optimistic we have a chance. 

• Like 3

great looking putter...I must say, I love your logo

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, JudgeSmails said:

great looking putter...I must say, I love your logo

Glad to hear it. No going back now on the bandit!

• Like 1

I too like the look of the putter. I'd personally want a different hosel/neck but I like the look of the head.

You need to be able to publicize at some point; the name of the Pro using your putter. Even without a contract or any money. If you give the guy a putter and put all the work and effort into for him he's got to throw you a bone. Win-win.

2 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I too like the look of the putter. I'd personally want a different hosel/neck but I like the look of the head.

You need to be able to publicize at some point; the name of the Pro using your putter. Even without a contract or any money. If you give the guy a putter and put all the work and effort into for him he's got to throw you a bone. Win-win.

I know him pretty well, I’m sure he would be glad to support it just playing it safe for now. Believe me if we get some TV time we will freak out and post it everwhere lol. 

• Like 6

I agree the logo is sweet. Any thoughts on a mallet design? Just spit balling off the top of my head here but say a mini Indianapolis style with the short single bend shaft that mimics a flow neck with the indigo finish, a satin shaft, and a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip playing 32" and weighing 380-400 grams!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

37 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I agree the logo is sweet. Any thoughts on a mallet design? Just spit balling off the top of my head here but say a mini Indianapolis style with the short single bend shaft that mimics a flow neck with the indigo finish, a satin shaft, and a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip playing 32" and weighing 380-400 grams! emoji848.pngemoji16.png

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Not that you have thought about it at all....

got some mallets coming, I’ll perhaps that will be the next post! 

• Like 3

Congrats. I was a big fan of the Ringo during the testing and at 350 grams it would have been in the bag. I am gonna take a look at the new offerings.

48 minutes ago, CarbonPutters said:

Not that you have thought about it at all....

got some mallets coming, I’ll perhaps that will be the next post! 

Interested in seeing what you will be doing with mallets; I know you have the bandit already.   Saw that you have 3 new models of putters available soon,  any insight on what the shapes will be?

Working on a site overhaul, some model names have changed. We do have the masterson out, heal weighted blade available on the builder and finished putters ready to ship, will have a mid mallet type and another thinner blade model. Excited for our Carbondale - long neck Holiday limited release. 

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Interested in seeing what you will be doing with mallets; I know you have the bandit already.   Saw that you have 3 new models of putters available soon,  any insight on what the shapes will be?

5 hours ago, KCLeo12 said:

Congrats. I was a big fan of the Ringo during the testing and at 350 grams it would have been in the bag. I am gonna take a look at the new offerings.

Very cool, new line has a much more traditional weight, thinned the top line down on the Ringo, sharpened the bumpers.  Overall felt like the Ringo and the Holliday needed to be more distinct from each other, here is a shot of it in shiny black oxide. Production model will be stainless 

D24746DB-C225-46EE-962F-F7FA7A3BDBEB.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Nothing too abrasive, as you may notice we kinda dig simplicity and clean lines. The one we have in the works now has a good amount of surface area to look down at, lots of geometry to be very target oriented and some adjustable weight on the sides. First one we have done in multi material and we think it will be a very welcome design in a crowded space of pretty wild looking mallets 

• Like 2