Jump to content
CarbonPutters

Our first chance at the big show

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Welcome to MGS forums. You will enjoy it here, probably the best forum on Planet Earth.

Nice looking putter- reminds me a bit of the evnroll 2.2 (not sure if it's that one) but short of coming out with a head shaped like the Star ship enterprise it must be difficult not to look similar to other manufacturers.......it's worked well for Scotties😉

If I fully understand your post, you have a known tour player gaming your ringo- congratulations, is that for all events? I'll look out for it, maybe one of our spies will be able to shed more light.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love stories like this. It’s a small business making a dent in the big show.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan Player's Combo 4-P KBS Tour
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

 

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's got to be pretty exciting to have a pro swinging one of your putters. I hope if you find out that you can release a name that you will let us know. I would try to find some info on all current players with 3 pga tour wins but that doesn't seem to exist in an easy to find format.

  • Like 2

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to My Golf Spy, CarbonPutters. Your pics depict a very clean look. Can you expound on the slot design?


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a big fan of Carbon, bought the Ringo 1/4 when MGS made it best blade a few years back, I even sent it back to Carbon to get re finished and have you guys put the Bullet in the chamber for me and I still game it. Great looking putter you have there, I saw you guys post this on IG a few days back, I really like the look. Nice to have you hear enjoy!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Welcome to My Golf Spy, CarbonPutters. Your pics depict a very clean look. Can you expound on the slot design?


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sure I’ll do my best. The line you see on the bottom goes about 2/3 depth of the putter face. They have been called floating faces or sound slots.  Most do this for a louder sound feedback. The slot we cut is twice the width as Normal and we we’re looking to do that to loose weight because the player did not want to change the fundamental geometry of the head. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Peterpc2828 said:

I’m a big fan of Carbon, bought the Ringo 1/4 when MGS made it best blade a few years back, I even sent it back to Carbon to get re finished and have you guys put the Bullet in the chamber for me and I still game it. Great looking putter you have there, I saw you guys post this on IG a few days back, I really like the look. Nice to have you hear enjoy!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Really appreciate you taking a chance on us and still gaming it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Welcome to MGS forums. You will enjoy it here, probably the best forum on Planet Earth.

Nice looking putter- reminds me a bit of the evnroll 2.2 (not sure if it's that one) but short of coming out with a head shaped like the Star ship enterprise it must be difficult not to look similar to other manufacturers.......it's worked well for Scotties😉

If I fully understand your post, you have a known tour player gaming your ringo- congratulations, is that for all events? I'll look out for it, maybe one of our spies will be able to shed more light.

Should have included more details.. so there is no commitment, we just have a good shot at the bag. There is no money or contracts exchanging hands. We overnighted the putters to him yesterday. It may not be realistic to be in this week but feel optimistic we have a chance. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great looking putter...I must say, I love your logo

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 2.2

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JudgeSmails said:

great looking putter...I must say, I love your logo

Glad to hear it. No going back now on the bandit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too like the look of the putter. I'd personally want a different hosel/neck but I like the look of the head.

You need to be able to publicize at some point; the name of the Pro using your putter. Even without a contract or any money. If you give the guy a putter and put all the work and effort into for him he's got to throw you a bone. Win-win.


My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

                                                                               :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

                                                                                :edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I too like the look of the putter. I'd personally want a different hosel/neck but I like the look of the head.

You need to be able to publicize at some point; the name of the Pro using your putter. Even without a contract or any money. If you give the guy a putter and put all the work and effort into for him he's got to throw you a bone. Win-win.

I know him pretty well, I’m sure he would be glad to support it just playing it safe for now. Believe me if we get some TV time we will freak out and post it everwhere lol. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the logo is sweet. Any thoughts on a mallet design? Just spit balling off the top of my head here but say a mini Indianapolis style with the short single bend shaft that mimics a flow neck with the indigo finish, a satin shaft, and a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip playing 32" and weighing 380-400 grams!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app


 

 

 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I agree the logo is sweet. Any thoughts on a mallet design? Just spit balling off the top of my head here but say a mini Indianapolis style with the short single bend shaft that mimics a flow neck with the indigo finish, a satin shaft, and a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip playing 32" and weighing 380-400 grams! emoji848.pngemoji16.png

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Not that you have thought about it at all....

got some mallets coming, I’ll perhaps that will be the next post! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats. I was a big fan of the Ringo during the testing and at 350 grams it would have been in the bag. I am gonna take a look at the new offerings.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy


 Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CarbonPutters said:

Not that you have thought about it at all....

got some mallets coming, I’ll perhaps that will be the next post! 

Interested in seeing what you will be doing with mallets; I know you have the bandit already.   Saw that you have 3 new models of putters available soon,  any insight on what the shapes will be?


Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on a site overhaul, some model names have changed. We do have the masterson out, heal weighted blade available on the builder and finished putters ready to ship, will have a mid mallet type and another thinner blade model. Excited for our Carbondale - long neck Holiday limited release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Interested in seeing what you will be doing with mallets; I know you have the bandit already.   Saw that you have 3 new models of putters available soon,  any insight on what the shapes will be?

 

5 hours ago, KCLeo12 said:

Congrats. I was a big fan of the Ringo during the testing and at 350 grams it would have been in the bag. I am gonna take a look at the new offerings.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Very cool, new line has a much more traditional weight, thinned the top line down on the Ringo, sharpened the bumpers.  Overall felt like the Ringo and the Holliday needed to be more distinct from each other, here is a shot of it in shiny black oxide. Production model will be stainless 

D24746DB-C225-46EE-962F-F7FA7A3BDBEB.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Interested in seeing what you will be doing with mallets; I know you have the bandit already.   Saw that you have 3 new models of putters available soon,  any insight on what the shapes will be?

Nothing too abrasive, as you may notice we kinda dig simplicity and clean lines. The one we have in the works now has a good amount of surface area to look down at, lots of geometry to be very target oriented and some adjustable weight on the sides. First one we have done in multi material and we think it will be a very welcome design in a crowded space of pretty wild looking mallets 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...