Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2020 season in review

StrokerAce

As the year comes to a close what do you guys think was the shot of the year? player of the year? trend of the year? etc.?

As far as shot of the year this wins for me, hands down:

Trend of the year is *DISTANCE* ... I mean real distance and Bryson taking it to the next level.

A trend I didn't like- no fans. For me it made some tournaments unwatchable. I hope they are able to come back next year.

I did watch more LPGA and continue to be impressed and have come to the realization that I should watch and learn from them more often than any other tour event.

What say you? 

P.S. ---- what was YOUR shot of the year? round of the year? memorable golf thing of the year?

Mine was a blind 3 wood from 258 out of the rough that ended up in the hole on a par 4 when I thought I lost the ball. Wish I could've seen it go in!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Yeah considering all that was on the line and the timing  and pure execution that one is hard to beat.  I know Bryson had a few big drives down the stretch at the US Open particularly one on the par 5 12th I think, that kind of let you know he was going to win it.  But it didn't have the drama of that one.

To a much lesser extent, the 8 iron Dustin hit on hole 6 at the final round of the Masters, got him off the bogey train with a birdie, while not the most difficult shot of the year, might have been the most important shot, as it calmed any doubts he might have had building.   To step up and throw that dart and drain the putt after too disappointing bogey's was huge IMO.

I agree with the trend on Fans, certainly hope they are back by next April at The Masters.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Shot of the year? Morikawa's driver to 7ft at the PGA Championship in the final round that led to an eagle on the driveable par 4 16th.

Player of the year? DJ. Winning the Masters and the FedEx Cup.

Trend of the year? Ball speed. Bryson has opened the floodgates and I think we're going to see a handful more guys averaging 190+ and into the 200s when it comes to ball speed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Shot of the year? Morikawa's driver to 7ft at the PGA Championship in the final round that led to an eagle on the driveable par 4 16th.

Player of the year? DJ. Winning the Masters and the FedEx Cup.

Trend of the year? Ball speed. Bryson has opened the floodgates and I think we're going to see a handful more guys averaging 190+ and into the 200s when it comes to ball speed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Agree.  There is a part of me that feels the chase for ball speed is going to fall off a bit once the physical toll on body parts starts coming due.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

While I agree Morikawa's drive was one of the best of the year. We had a show after the restart of pressure putts being made. I think DJ's putt to send it to a playoff and Rahm's putt to win in the playoff at the BMW was incredible and Morikawa/JT's playoff battle of putts at the Workday was fun.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama