Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

56 CBX 2 sole grind vs the original CBX wedge

Herts JoaTMoN

I went from a Smart Sole 3.0 S to a CBX 56* wedge (bent to 57*) when i started to find the smart sole too bulky, but am now wondering if the heel relief on the newer CBX 2 wedge may be better suited as my 57* wedge. 

I mostly use it for sand, plus the occasional pitch or chip shot if I need to carry a bunker or other hazard to the green. I figured the heel relief would make it more versatile.

As anyone who made the switch from the old one to the new one, specifically with the S shape sole, got any feed back?

Clubs.jpg.b0df6f27ceedde9520a039cf9e3b013b.jpg

Currently deciding what shaft to use in blank cells...

I haven't officially switched into the CBX2 but will as soon as I get fitted for irons in a few weeks (coming from Vokeys). That said, I have extensively demoed the CBX2 outside for chipping and pitches and find the S shape sole to be great. The heel relief allows for opening the face a bit, yet the sole still offers plenty of love out of bunkers with width. I'm a big believer to the point that is has tested my patience to wait until my iron fitting in order to link up shaft choices as I want to get them in my bag....

Since I'm not coming from the old CBX, I can't fully speak to a direct comparison but hope that helps a bit.

Edited by Scooby456

Swing away!